LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lego cancelled my order for the imperial flagship...which i had placed while it was on back order... but they were nice enough to let me change it to the fire brigade and still gave me the 10% off that i had originally gotten. The customer service person did confirm that the fire brigade is the next set to go and soon.

^ Good, I'm glad someone else confirmed the Fire Brigade going bye-bye. I was afraid I was steering people the wrong direction like I did with Grand Emporium. Sorry about that, cassidyarch - it 'did' say sold out and 90% of the time "sold out" on Shop@Home means its gone for good. But the Emporium is an awesome set, and hey you're already ready for next year when it really goes out of print.

Looks like TRU is going to change prices on about 100 Lego sets tomorrow. I'm 99% sure the prices will be going up for the holiday. If you were looking at taking advantage of the sale, I would highly recommend locking in your purchases sometime tonight.

[quote name='Pirate331']50% off everything for employees at my Lego B&M tomorrow... what do I buy?[/QUOTE]

If you would be willing to resell what you buy then I could use two Fire Brigades.

[quote name='DillDough']If you would be willing to resell what you buy then I could use two Fire Brigades.[/QUOTE]

No dice. We're limited to 1 each of all the lego exclusives (FB, GE, Petshop, VW, Maersk train, etc). And I haven't got that kind of credit to be buying 8 copies to go around anyway, though I would if I could. I was more asking for suggestions b/c there's so much stuff and I've only got so much I can spend.

I was thinking maybe I'd return the FB and GE I bought recently, and use that to get all three modular buildings plus something else.

Haha, Pirate you're asking for problems when you post things like that. If your store still has Imperial Flagships then go for that. Also, scoop up all the holiday sets. Greetings from Rockefeller Ctr!!

[quote name='prim4444']Looks like TRU is going to change prices on about 100 Lego sets tomorrow. I'm 99% sure the prices will be going up for the holiday. If you were looking at taking advantage of the sale, I would highly recommend locking in your purchases sometime tonight.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the Dino sets got marked up some time this week.

Also found a Lego Champion game on clearance at Target for $8.xx. Most stores dropped them out of the system after 50% off.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Haha, Pirate you're asking for problems when you post things like that. If your store still has Imperial Flagships then go for that. Also, scoop up all the holiday sets. Greetings from Rockefeller Ctr!![/QUOTE]
We've still got a couple, in fact. The post office is definitely in the running; I've already got the toy shop and bakery.

Unrelated: anyone wanna buy 30 AC Earth Defense HQs? If we sell 'em by Sunday, the boss is gonna buy us pizza. :roll:

Yeah, given 50% off at a Lego store I'd grab Modular buildings first, if room was left in the budget, large original trilogy Star Wars sets, if room still, any large Pirate ships, and finally (though I prioritize them next after the buildings, but the discount would be less) any Winter sets. One of you is at Rockefeller? I was there on Tuesday. All out of Winter sets. And Toys R Us is out of the modulars and the Winter sets online (which I believe is the only place they have the BOG1/2O). Sadtown.

Also, does anyone have any company policy insight? I see that they have done a few resissues in the past but they are pretty much done with them I think? I'd love to get the modulars I missed and the Holiday Train, but their markups are a bit excessive. Just got back into Legos recently, great new stuff, but wish I'd started a bit sooner!

I only recall Lego reproducing some sets from 90s in the early 2000s. It wasn't anything huge, out of the eight or so ships in the pirate line only three were reproduced. I'm not sure about the other themes as I don't follow them as much.

Your best bet is to find one locally at a yard or garage sale.

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']Yeah, given 50% off at a Lego store I'd grab Modular buildings first, if room was left in the budget, large original trilogy Star Wars sets, if room still, any large Pirate ships, and finally (though I prioritize them next after the buildings, but the discount would be less) any Winter sets. One of you is at Rockefeller? I was there on Tuesday. All out of Winter sets. And Toys R Us is out of the modulars and the Winter sets online (which I believe is the only place they have the BOG1/2O). Sadtown.[/QUOTE]

We sell out of a lot of stuff very quickly at our store, especially during the weekend. Pay us a visit on Thursdays and Fridays as we generally receive our replenishment mid week and have stuff out by then.

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']Also, does anyone have any company policy insight? I see that they have done a few resissues in the past but they are pretty much done with them I think? I'd love to get the modulars I missed and the Holiday Train, but their markups are a bit excessive. Just got back into Legos recently, great new stuff, but wish I'd started a bit sooner![/QUOTE]

Just do what I do and accept the fact there are plenty of Lego sets that you will never own. I don't own any of the modular sets. Not because I don't want to, but because I can't always afford the more expensive sets.

I was at my local flea market that is closing because the fucking people are "renovating" the mill it's in. By that I mean the mill is because knocked down. Stupid assholes...

Anyways i found a record, 7 in 33 something LEGO record called "The Fabuland Rainbow" from 1982. I'm curious to if anyone is a Fabuland fan and knows anythnig about it, or if someone would like to buy it.

Apparently I can't partake in the employee discount because I'm too new. Glad I called in before I loaded up all my sets and drove up there... :bs:

[quote name='Pirate331']Apparently I can't partake in the employee discount because I'm too new. Glad I called in before I loaded up all my sets and drove up there... :bs:[/QUOTE]

That's like me. I'm supposed to get a week of vacation time after 6 months. But the 3 months I worked my ass off outside in the damn heat and crazy weather doesn't count because I was "seasonal".

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Just do what I do and accept the fact there are plenty of Lego sets that you will never own. I don't own any of the modular sets. Not because I don't want to, but because I can't always afford the more expensive sets.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the time I also ask myself if the pricier sets are worth it. I own a few modular buildings, but I don't have a single Fire Brigade. It's simply not worth $150 to me.

If I were a LEGO employee and didn't have enough money to buy every big cool set possible at 50% off, I would get a loan from friend/family because flipping the sets at ~80% value would be lucrative.

I buy a lot of LEGO now. Most of it is for reselling after its discontinued, but I'll still keep multiple sets of my favorites so I can combine them to make a larger sized version. But to afford it, I have to buy double so that it can eventually pay for itself. It's a losing battle, but fun.

[quote name='elessar123']Do you guys actually build them and display them, or just collect them sealed?[/QUOTE]

I build some but I keep a lot sealed but I buy multiples too in case I do want to open them.

[quote name='elessar123']Do you guys actually build them and display them, or just collect them sealed?[/QUOTE]

Build them all! Though they are not all built at once.

I build the majority of what I get. I have a display case which I switch sets in/out as I get more stuff. My Death Star is also out on display (not in the case) on my build table.

I ask because I have no room to display them, but I'm tempted to build the Queen Anne's Revenge... But if I do, our other sets are Harry Potter sets that we definitely don't have room to display, but those are the GF's =P

I remember this one kid's house when I was young. The side of their staircase had a cubby hole all the way up, and they would display Lego sets there. Thinking back, I'm wondering if those were the parents' instead of theirs.

Yikes, you guys weren't kidding about the prices going up at TRU. Went there last night to take advantage of the B1g1 50% off and buy a bunch of 19.99 stuff. Some of it went up to as high as $27.99....making the new prices MORE expensive on sale than it was off sale last week. Ouch.

As for build or not, I build some stuff, but with space limited I have a huge amount of sets that are yet to be built.

Looks like I am not going to buy any legos from TRU in the near future. They must think that they have to make the money back from all of the BOGO sales.

I just got a Cars lego set from Meijer. Flo's V8 Cafe for 44.95, regular price 59.99. Lego City Advent Calendar was 27.95 (reg: 34.99) as well.

The shelf stickers said prices were good from 11/28 to 12/14.

Also, if you sign up for M perks, their mobile coupon club, you get 10% off all purchases over 19.99 today only (Sat, 12/3)

I was lucky and found an out-of-the-way Kmart that still had a few on shelves. The place was busier than it was on Black Friday. I got the last HQ they had.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Kmart has 50% off clearance toys and a handful of old ATLANTIS sets can be had. I just grabbed the Underwater HQ for $18.[/QUOTE]

Damn I'd love that set for under $20.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Kmart has 50% off clearance toys and a handful of old ATLANTIS sets can be had. I just grabbed the Underwater HQ for $18.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed an Atlantis HQ set for pick-up as well.

I build and display most of what I buy. I generally can't afford to buy for reselling at the same time I buy for personal building enjoyment. Eventually this might change, and then I'll definitely try to pick up an extra set to resell later whenever I can.

I'm about out of display room, though :whistle2:/

I think I will pass after looking at the pieces in that set. I don't think I could reuse them if I piece out (which I would do since I don't collect Atlantis). Though it was tempting... Thanks guys for the headsup

I just built the marina set. Weirdest LEGO set I have ever bought. The life jackets are new and cheap, they look horrible. The flag poles have a flat top instead of a rounded one, neither is shown on the box. it's an interesting build, worth $28 for the cabinet pieces, the 8-10 flippers and the minifigures. The second floor cafe doesn't have a door and that bugs me.

Didn't find a $55 Black Pearl at any of the Costco locations I went too but I did get a $55 Lego Star Wars Republic Frigate, they also had the smaller Hogwarts for $25.

wow I won't be buying any legos anytime soon at TRU any longer - PRICES are CRAZY HIGH now...thx for the Atlantis HQ tip...I picked up 1 for myself and an extra for gift

TRU.com has 5 for $10 on series 4 and 5 minifigures. I feel stupid for the amount of money I spent on them now. :lol:

KMART had a few different Atlantis sets I picked up HQ, a $5 one and a $4.00 one. Website said none available for instore pickup. I got the last of all of them. They had Buzz's Space Ship for Toy Story (no tags on it) that rang up at $8. I had got one over the summer or whenever they did the 50% off clearance a while back for $13 otherwise I would have got that.

TRU is crazy expensive. I think they raise their prices for their 10% back holiday promo.

Target has buy one get one 50% off lego city, and they include CARS lego in that (maybe you already realize that, but it was news to me).

IIs TRU supposed to get series 6 earlier than everyone else? If so, does anyone know when they're supposed to start showing up?

Thanks!

Got my Atlantis HQ set at Kmart today but their in store pickup process is unnecessarily slow. I forgot to ask how may days they can hold stuff but at least they had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back