LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='salty tbone']Thanks for pointing these out. I missed them when looking through the deals. Bought five of the Ramses set and a mummy set. Talked myself down from ordering a ton simply because it's such a great deal.[/QUOTE]

I just got an order saying that the game is out of stock. No shit because an asshole on toysnbricks said he bought 45. Why Lego doesn't put a limit of 5 on everything is beyond me.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I just got an order saying that the game is out of stock. No shit because an asshole on toysnbricks said he bought 45. Why Lego doesn't put a limit of 5 on everything is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

I got the same email. It still says available on S@H, though. I want to just cancel and avoid getting the eventual "We're sorry" rejection letter and end up paying $4.95 shipping on the one mummy pack I ordered. Unfortunately there's only so much James Taylor I can listen to while being on hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='salty tbone']...Unfortunately there's only so much James Taylor I can listen to while being on hold.[/QUOTE]

:lol: "...But not the walking man...He's the walking man...Born to walk...
Walk on walking man..." :puke:

[quote name='salty tbone']I got the same email. It still says available on S@H, though. I want to just cancel and avoid getting the eventual "We're sorry" rejection letter and end up paying $4.95 shipping on the one mummy pack I ordered. Unfortunately there's only so much James Taylor I can listen to while being on hold.[/QUOTE]

Lego needs to limit things, that's their one screw up.

Years and years ago I ordered something, it got canceled even through it was still in stock on the website. What they did was change the shipping price from $4.95 (or whatever it was) to something like $2.73. So if they do cancel everything else, check to see if they lower the shipping. I still ordered 5 mummy packs, I figured for that price I could always use flying mummies!

I was able to stomach three James Taylor songs to get through to customer service and they said the backordered Ramses set is actually sold out because it's "set to leave us this month." Old sets never die, they just leave, apparently. Still shows up as available on the site though.

The mummy set I ordered is already at the warehouse and can't be canceled. Oh well.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Lego needs to limit things, that's their one screw up.

Years and years ago I ordered something, it got canceled even through it was still in stock on the website. What they did was change the shipping price from $4.95 (or whatever it was) to something like $2.73. So if they do cancel everything else, check to see if they lower the shipping. I still ordered 5 mummy packs, I figured for that price I could always use flying mummies![/QUOTE]
I went for 3 of the mummy packs and 3 of the magnet sets. Got to get some extra Anubis guards

Thanks for the tip on the Walmart clearance. They were actually fairly well stocked at the one near my parents' house, managed to pick up a Sensei Wu spinner (black outfit) for $3.40 (66% off) , Cars Escape at Sea for $7.50 ( about 62% off), Earth Dragon Battle for $17.40 and The Burrows for $29.90 (50% off). Most happy with the Burrows...wanted to make sure I got it before they were discontinued completely and I was losing hope of ever finding it on clearance.

Also saw, but didn't buy, all three of the largest PQ sets , misc. Hero Factory guys, and the City Police Chase, most red-boxed Ninjago sets all for half off.

Scanned the Ultimate Build Mater, but he was full price unfortunately.

Oddly enough the Creator Wreath polybag was still full price as well.

I did the Walmart thing today...
SW Mace Windu's Jet Starfighter $19.90
SW Plo Koon's Jet Starfighter $12.40
PQ Flying Mummy Attack $7.50
PQ Scorpion Pyramid $49.90
City of Atlantis $34.90

I came across a few of the Target Lego Gift Card sets. If anyone is interested in one and willing to pay for shipping i'd be more than happy to send. This is minus the gift card of course.

Here are my pick ups from Wal-Mart,

This was all from one Wal-Mart, I forgot to pick up the PQ Spinx set, I didn't find a Garmadons Fortress or Escape from Dragon Prison (not sure if that one is on clearance but wanted to check) the store was a thrashed!!!! Might check another store in a bit but I'm exhausted!!! Other sets I found on clearance but didn't pick up were Star Wars Freeco Speeder, Cars Big Bentley Break Out, City Power Boat Transport, Atlantis Deep Sea Raider, and I believe that was it. None of the Pirate sets were on Clearance which was a shame. ='(

Was very happy to pick up the last Slave One and Palpatine's Shuttle at my Walmart. All I really wanted were the Boba Fett and Han in carbonite minifigures though!

[quote name='Max Power']Now I see why I never find anything on clearance at any of my stores by me.[/QUOTE]

Yea, no kidding. Swung by my Walmart and was super lucky to find one of the Mace Windu Starfighters hidden behind other sets. Guess I should've gone out when they opened.

Village Raid
Garmadons Fortress
Ninjago Dojo
Royal Kings carriage.

I seen that the Ninjago Fire Temple was on clearance for 60, but none in sight.

Pretty good haul.... but I didn't think this was anywhere near as good as about 3 years ago... soo many at 75% off instead.....

Hey skiizim, the Dragon Prison is half off at Walmart...still didn't buy it myself. I've never seen a Mill Villiage Raid in any Walmart lucky dog.

I picked up a lot of what has already been reported. I did get an Earth Defense HQ for $45. I was hoping to find an Ice Dragon to go with the Earth Dragon I got but they are long gone from all the walmarts I visited.

I can verify that none of the POC are on clearance at Walmart...to bad Queen Anne will have to wait.

Target's clearance is a joke again this year compared to Walmart. Walmart is going straight to 50% off while Target is wasting time starting at 15% off virtually the same sets. I did grab some lego games (Meteor strike and Heroica Draida) for half off at Target.

Edit: Just used Walmart.com to locate a store near my Dad's house that might have the Mill Villiage Raid...hope it lasts til Wed. when I go there to pick up the kids!

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to try my luck at an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart today. I think its safe to say I'm a dead man when my wife sees the credit card statement! ;) If I don't ever post again, you all know why, heh heh.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']I decided to try my luck at an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart today. I think its safe to say I'm a dead man when my wife sees the credit card statement! ;) If I don't ever post again, you all know why, heh heh.[/QUOTE]

and no posting of the haul???

come on... what did you pick up?

I was thinking skiizim might not be the only one sweeping up the WM rollbacks.

Thanks 180husher, I finally joined toysnbricks and checked out the list they had there and saw it, still disappointed that there were no PotC sets on clearance. I still didn't find a Dragon Prison Escape, showed limited availability but couldn't locate in store.

I ended picking up some of the smaller Cars sets, the Ninjago spinner sets, Garmadons Dark Fortress, another Mace Windu Star Fighter, Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ and a Ninjago Turbo Shredder. I was trying to find the Fire Temple but didn't see any either, I think I'll hold off on the PQ Spinx set. I'm sure it will be $20 or less at the Lego store in a few months.

[quote name='xycury']and no posting of the haul???

I was thinking skiizim might not be the only one sweeping up the WM rollbacks.[/QUOTE]

>_< I spent close to or around $600 today but in the end it's worth it! I didn't want to wait for Target to get low enough since that is always hit or miss for me on the 75% off department.

I picked up two Cars sets, Kings Wagon, two blacksmiths, and a Ninja Blacksmith. There were tons of other sets, but I wasn't really interested in star wars, ninja, or atlantis. We mostly focus on city and castle.

[quote name='xycury']and no posting of the haul???

[/QUOTE]

Several of the sets I bought will be returned to various stores where they cost me more than Wal-Marts clearance prices. I got a bunch of Mill Village Raids and City of Atlantis for parts, 2 SW Advents and King's Carriage, and 1 each of: Scorpion Pyramid, the rest of the PQ lineup, various smaller Ninjago, Palpatine's Shuttle, Plo Koon's Starfighter, Mace Windu's, Freeco, Police Chase, Police Boat, and Bentley's Bust Out. The only Harry Potter they had was Freeing Dobby. Despite my good finds, it appears that another LEGO fan hit this store before me - buying very specific sets, because I was at this store on 12-23 before the sale and they had tons of Burrows, Hogwart's Express, Knight Bus, Quiddich, Hoth BPs, Wampas, and Slave 1. But today none of those sets were to be found. I guess that person was only focusing on Harry Potter and Original Trilogy Star Wars.

Stupid question: after spending more time in retail stores recently, I've heard various pronunciations of Ninjago. My own personal way has always been simply "Ninja-Go", but I've also heard "Nin-Jog-O", "Nin-Jag-O". So which one is it?

[quote name='jbz']Sigh, Slave 1 set for $40 @ Walmart. If only I was so lucky...[/QUOTE]

Keep looking...I visited 4 walmarts and only one had shelf labels with the correct clearance prices meaning stuff can last longer because shoppers don't see a bargain.

when will clearance drop below 50% at walmart? there are SO many star wars advent calendars; would love to pick 2 up at 75% off...

first walmart i hit mid-afternoon yesterday had been really picked over, but made it to the more out-of-the-way walmart at 8:00 last night and found virtually everything. only thing i didn't find was Slave I. :( was really happy to find another HP Burrow (we turned the one we already had into a tavern for our castle set-up) and even an apple tree house.

note: there are THREE places to look for lego at walmart: 1, the clearance aisle (and the atlantis sets there were red-tagged $19-something but rang up at $9-something), the regular toy aisle, AND (at least at the second walmart i visited), the christmas toy section up at the front of the store. at that walmart, the regular toy aisle had the proper clearance prices on the shelves but the xmas toy section had NO clearance tags and was still full of merchandise.

Can anyone help me get an HP The Burrows set from their local Walmart? I'd greatly appreciate it and will paypal immediately. Send me a PM or just a reply. Thanks!

[quote name='180husher']Target's clearance is a joke again this year compared to Walmart. Walmart is going straight to 50% off while Target is wasting time starting at 15% off virtually the same sets. I did grab some lego games (Meteor strike and Heroica Draida) for half off at Target.[/QUOTE]
Mine started at 30%. But with Walmart's 50% on pretty much all the same titles, it was a no brainer where to go.

I wish I knew about the Ninjago Fire Temple... maybe I will go back and see if still there

Got back from Target and Walmart. I didn't find much. Found a Minigure display case at Walmart for a few bucks. At Target I saw the new Batwing set with a clearance tag of $19.xx. I scanned it and it came up $34.99. Took it to the register anyway to see if I could get them to honor it. They wouldn't and I didn't feel like fighting.

So disappointed I missed the Hoth Wampa set from Target last week as that's a set I really want, but not for $40 bucks. I hope it'll survive in my Target to $10-20

Yea if anyone gets an extra copy of the HP Burrows, I'd pay for it plus shipping (You can toss the box). None of my Wal Mart have anything on clearance yet but I'm sure they will soon or later.

My Target had a bunch of the stuff that was in the clearance part of the website. Not great prices, though. Maybe some of it will hang around for awhile. I'd like Palp's Shuttle at a decent price. They also had some PotC sets on clearance.

Found a lot of Ninjago and Star Wars discounted stuff at a Walmart near me today. Unfortunately couldn't find the Pyramid or the City of Atlantis, the 2 I wanted most. Did end up with an absolute ton of Ninjago stuff, a swarm of flying mummies and a pile of Star Wars stuff I'll probably give as gifts.

Also hit up some more Targets to grab as many 50% off archers as I could. Not as many as I'd like, but landed maybe 20 of them.

Escape from Dragon Prison still eludes me, I picked up another Mill Village Raid, Apple Tree House, a bunch of the small creator sets to give away.

Found Plo koon's set at half off at Walmart, and two Ninjago sets. Bought the Plo koon's, but I'm not sure why.

I would have lived to find the kingdoms stuff.

ahhhhhh I can't believe some targets still have archers at the 50% clearance. My two targets have been empty for months now.

They really only had it for two weeks. by the third week there were none to be found. It's probably the best single poly ever made.

I picked up the last of the PQ motorcycle mummy set. They had 100 of Freeing Dobby sets, lol.

I think they had 4 Dojo's and a Monster truck left and that's it. cleaned over, I'm so glad I stopped when I did.

I am not even going to bother going to the other walmart.

Thanks Deals Thread 2! :) I went to Wal-mart today before work after reading about the clearance stuff and was overwhelmed by the aisles of clearance everything they had. Didn't want anything there. Then went to the regular LEGO aisle and saw a lone box of Pharaoh's Quest Flying Mummy Attack with no indication of a clearance price. It scanned @ $7.50 just as promised. Those wings are awesome. I would have had no idea that they were on clearance if not for this thread.

This is what was at my Target...

*nothing*

This was what was at my Walmart.....

*Nothing*

Target had some 2012 sets out, Walmart literally had nothing. I couldn't even tell if it was the LEGO section. I found the PQ snake for $15 and bought it. There was also a Cars 2 tower set, and that was literally it.

Well, I spent yesterday and today on the hunt for some cheap Legos at Walmart. I wish I had started my hunt earlier yesterday. I managed to pick up:

Kingdoms Mill Village Raid, King's Carriage, Blacksmith Attack
Ninjago Garmodon's Dark Fortress, ATV, Turbo Shredder, Skull Truck
Cars 2 Big Bently Bust Out, Spy Jet Escape
SW Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter
Creator Apple Tree House x2 (both boxes are somewhat smashed, but at least intact)

I did see the PQ and Atlantis Legos, but I wasn't too interested in picking them up.
I really wished that I found a SW Slave I, Palpitine Shuttle and Plo Koon. Oh well, hopefully, I can find them for cheap at Target.

Thanks for all the recent posts about this Walmart clearance.

FYI, the HP Knights Bus and Hogwarts are still at MSRP.

Well I tried one of the Wal Mart in the suburbs and had better luck. The Pharoh's Quest big pyramid set was on sale for half off but I wasn't that big of a fan of it. Found a Village Raid set for half but I just bought the set a few weeks ago, alas. I might have actually bit on the pyramid set but the Joust Attack set comes out next week and I will be buying that ASAP. I still want that Burrows set if anyone finds it half off though!

Wooooo, picked up a Burrows and City of Atlantis (last ones of each). Wish they had the Apple Tree House, but the only set I really wanted to pick up was Atlantis. May have to go back and get Cars Spy Jet Escape, didn't realize that was on clearance and didn't check it for some reason.

The thing I hate about Wal-Mart is that the store locator sucks and they can't find anything in the store with there damn computers. I tried so hard to get a Fire Temple and Escape from Dragon Prison but couldn't find one. An employee chimed me in on scam that people do involving replacing a upc with cheaper lego sets upc.

No Burrows at the WM I investigated today; I'm guessing those of us who haven't found one are SOL at this point :cry:. I did, however, find a King's Carriage @ $19.xx, a Ninjago Ice Dragon @ $7.50, Plo Koon's Starfighter @ $12.xx (passed) and a ton of SW Hoth battlepacks @ $5.90. I might go back tomorrow for more of those snowtrooper sets; idk.

anyone check kmart yet? they supposedly (TNB) have lego at 50% off as well.

they have king's carriage online (with local store pick-up) for $15 but none left near me. my kmart choices are 30 or 50 miles away. it's hard to make the drive and find nothing - our best find there this year was one of the expensive PoP sets for 3 bucks, though. that is certainly motivating.

My local Target had a few HP and Apple Tree sets left. And to my surprise, all of the (available) new Super Hero sets.

The other Lego store located in the far far south area of Denver (UGH) had the Kingdoms Joust set in early today! I was only going out there to check it out and see what they had in stock, since my normal Lego store was a bit barren and am I glad I did! It's going to take awhile to put it together but whooo!

Gonna check out that K-mart deal maybe later today if they don't call me in for work today.

I checked another Wal-Mart today and they were almost totally devoid of LEGO. Maybe 6 sets total! Their action figure aisle was also barren. It was so weird to see a store so understocked. I do know that this smaler and older store usually clearances stuff that other stores don't, and sooner too. I reported several months ago that I got Queen Anne's there for ~$80 . I should have checked there sooner because Christmas Eve they had a "boat"load of Black Pearls at full price and now...zip! I'm almost positive they were clearanced a few days ago because other stores where they weren't clearanced still have plenty (so it wasn't just a holiday rush). I heard a few other reports of 50% off Black Pearls elsewhere in the U.S. too, perhaps they were also small and old stores.
So I missed the cheap Pearl, but I did find those $20 large minifig cases for half price (another item that is still full price at other stores). Remember this is an odd Wal-Mart store so: YMMV. Good luck

All I found at my pathetic Target was a Series 5 Dwarf at $2.50, an ice Dragon at $12.75 and two new polys, $3.99, I havent seen before (the Atlantis Octopus and Racers). My Target is ridiculous with their own mark ups. They had a Portal of Atlantis MSRP for $109.99 and clearanced for $89.99. Many sets which were on sale online were MSRP. *sigh*

I remember this time last year they had a section just for clearance and it was packed with Legos well into mid January. This year they have nothing like that going on. What the f*** happened?

[quote name='Zepp-Head']I checked another Wal-Mart today and they were almost totally devoid of LEGO. Maybe 6 sets total! Their action figure aisle was also barren. It was so weird to see a store so understocked. I do know that this smaler and older store usually clearances stuff that other stores don't, and sooner too. I reported several months ago that I got Queen Anne's there for ~$80 . I should have checked there sooner because Christmas Eve they had a "boat"load of Black Pearls at full price and now...zip! I'm almost positive they were clearanced a few days ago because other stores where they weren't clearanced still have plenty (so it wasn't just a holiday rush). I heard a few other reports of 50% off Black Pearls elsewhere in the U.S. too, perhaps they were also small and old stores.
So I missed the cheap Pearl, but I did find those $20 large minifig cases for half price (another item that is still full price at other stores). Remember this is an odd Wal-Mart store so: YMMV. Good luck[/QUOTE]
Black Pearl at one of my Walmarts was full price when I price checked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back