LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a full Walmart/Target/Kmart circuit.

Target = nothing good, UCS Cars F-1 car for $25 ($5 off) was as good as it got. Lots of red clearance stickers, but minimal markdowns.

Walmart = cleaned out. TONS of Black Pearls at full price. Was able to find one banged up Apple Tree House for $22 in a returns basket.

Kmart = Wow. I must have missed something, because that place (well stocked shelves on Xmas Eve) was CLEANED OUT. Not a single HP or Star Wars set, a handful of Cars and Alien Conquest sets (maybe ten total) were left. Weirdly, they DID have a kiosk of the new stuff out, DINO and Superheroes.

made it to kmart & it was a whistling wind tunnel. the clearance section had about 3 toys left in it. missed that boat.

checked some more walmarts looking for the slave I or mill village raid - wah wah wahhhhh. lots of battle packs and clone wars ships we weren't interested in. none of these walmarts had a single SW advent or atlantis or HP left - just star wars/clone wars sets.

someone at TNB has instructions for hacking the walmart site to check area availability for the slave I (which is now no longer on their site) if you want to give that a shot (check their walmart clearance thread). but i spent 15 minutes on hold with one store that had "limited availability" as of this morning and - no luck.

couple bright spots today - did find some kingdoms target practice poly bags at target on sale for $1.47 ea and they suddenly had plenty of the lego gift certificates available. also, someone returned some series 4 CMs to one of the walmarts - picked up two figs we'd missed from that series.

edited to add: someone on slickdeals mentioned that yesterday clearance toys were an extra 50% off .. no wonder i found nothing this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from my local Walmart and they have a surprising number of sets left.

2506 Ninjago Skull Truck ($30)
2518 Ninjago Nuckal's ATV ($12.50)
8093 Star Wars Plo Koon's Starfighter ($12.50)
8638 Cars Spy Plane Escape ($25)
7325 Pharaoh's Quest Cursed Cobra Statue ($15)
7326 Pharaoh's Quest Rise of the Sphinx (didn't check price but I think its $25)
2231 Hero Factory Waspix ($6.50)
2232 Hero Factory Raw-Jaw ($6.50)
7285 City Police Dog Unit (didn't check price but is probably $6.50)
Star Wars 2011 Advent Calendar ($20)

All the Ninjago figure packs were gone. I got my kids a starter pack for Xmas and they love them. For some reason the impulse buy packs (the figures without the spinner base) and the christmas packs were still regular price.

Sadly, I'm broke from buying Xmas stuff so I hid the stuff I wanted to buy. I hope no one finds it by tomorrow!

I checked out 2 Walmarts that I previously visited earlier in the week in the hopes that more clearance stuff will just show up. I managed to pick up:

8864 World Racers Desert of Destruction $37
8863 World Racers Blizzard's Peak $31

The boxes were crushed here and there, but oh well. These were the last ones left.
I think Walmart needs to start putting spider wraps on their pricier Lego sets. I saw 2 City of Atlantis, but both had been opened so who knows if all the pieces and manuals are still in there. What a shame.

Checked the Walmart near my dad's house and I was surprised to see the Lego section completely intact...including one last Mill Village Raid just like the website locator said! I'm done.

Oh, forgot to mention I finally saw some of the Superhero sets at my Target. Being a massive comic book geek and a fan of LEGO, they really are testing me here...

Stopped by this remote Target and they had good amount of sets available and on clearance. Everything from Ninjago to Star Wars. The highlights, at least for me, had to be a few Black Pearls and Queen Anne's Revenge but they are only 15% off.

I'm really interested in both ships and thinking of trying the buy now and return to change payment method later, when the sets are more deeply discounted. Is this method 100% effective?

Found the last Slave 1 for $40 in Altamonte Springs, FL

My son is going to love this for his birthday in April since he's a huge Fett fan

Thanks to all contributers!

This location had a decent selection so any locals might want to make a trip. Everything was marked full price which is good for us

Looked really, really hard and found an Ice Dragon for $10.50 an Archer poly and Blue Ninja poly for $1.75 and $2.20.

Didn't expect to find anything at these busy stores so late in the game so I'm pleased.

Still want a pirate ship. Saw a few, none were marked down.

[quote name='Broseph']Looked really, really hard and found an Ice Dragon for $10.50 an Archer poly and Blue Ninja poly for $1.75 and $2.20.

Didn't expect to find anything at these busy stores so late in the game so I'm pleased.

Still want a pirate ship. Saw a few, none were marked down.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping I could score an Ice dragon but of course no luck :(

Shopko stores still have several Ice Dragons at 50% off. HOWEVER that's 50% off THEIR price of 34.99, so 17.49. I rarely look in that store due to their "worse than TRU" markups. Last week they had the Millennium Falcon "ON SALE" for $139.99 (retail) down from $199.99!!!!! To an unknowing parent that $60 off might actually look like a good deal.
That said, a few years ago I found the SW Booster Ring (7661) and Imperial Landing Craft (7659) for only 12.xx each and this was about a year after they had been retired and sold out everywhere else. So Shopko does lower their prices eventually - it may take a year or 2 but they will hahaha.

Went to the Lego store at Dallas Northpark yesterday and they still had a pile of the Winter Post Office marked down to $55. I grabbed one with December's 10% off coupon and had $10 credit to sweeten the pot. Sure beats paying shipping from lego.com.

I might hold on to the calendar to sell next year when they are more rare.

[quote name='Broseph']One more pick up today - Tripod Walker $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Damn, were those on clearance at Wal-Mart? The only Alien Conquest set I didn't scan, I don't want to make the drive for this one.

[quote name='skiizim']Damn, were those on clearance at Wal-Mart? The only Alien Conquest set I didn't scan, I don't want to make the drive for this one.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't provide more details. I didn't think anyone here was into Alien Conquest. This was a huge YMMV.

Built it last night, really unique little build, glad I didn't miss it.

Got Meteor Strike for $6 at Target...comes with a dark gray base plate that is almost the same size as the box otherwise it's mostly technique pieces.

One Target I went to today had Christmas stuff at 70% off. Found some Target Practice polybags left. Other two Targets I went to were still at 50% and they only had Harry Potter polybags.

Not at any regular stores but found Flying Ninja Fortress at a Goodwill for 10! Hopefully it's complete. There was also a boxed copy of the UFO Interstellar Starfighter but a lady was wanting it for her son so even though I had been waiting for them both, I let her have the UFO set and I took the Ninja set. Fine with me. Still no luck in trying the find the Burrows set, oh well. The new 2012 sets are in and I'll probably focus my attention on them now.

Nice score tiggerkiddo! That's an awesome set from 1998. I remember buying that new for about $30 on clearance at Wal-Mart, back in the good old days when clearance LEGO wasn't immediately snatched up by resellers. That was back when I was coming out of my LEGO dark ages and starting to buy sets again (and I finally had my own money to do so). I got most of the Ninja sets and all of the Desert Adventurers. Interesting that similar themes both came back in 2011 (Ninjago and PQ). Only took them 13 years!

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Still no luck in trying the find the Burrows set, oh well. [/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, at my local Walmart, I don't think they've sold a single one of the Burrows. Almost everything else is gone, but those just won't sell. Doesn't make any sense.

lol, that's how it goes sometimes.

Alas, the Ninja set isn't complete. Instead of trying to complete it ever so slowly, I may just try to unload it...and buy more Lego!

2506 Ninjago Skull Truck ($30)
2518 Ninjago Nuckal's ATV ($12.50)
8093 Star Wars Plo Koon's Starfighter ($12.50)
8638 Cars Spy Plane Escape ($25)
7326 Pharaoh's Quest Rise of the Sphinx (didn't check price but I think its $25)
2231 Hero Factory Waspix ($6.50)
2232 Hero Factory Raw-Jaw ($6.50)
7285 City Police Dog Unit (didn't check price but is probably $6.50)
Star Wars 2011 Advent Calendar ($20)

got Waspix and Fangz (2233) for $6.50 each today.
There was a ninjago car that I can't remember the number for. It was $14.50 or so. It was NOT in the clearance aisle at this walmart yesterday. Today there were 3 of them.

Yes that was the correct price on 7326 at Walmart.

Lego store pickups:

SW Advent Calendar - $17.49
Cad Bane Keychain - 98 cents
3 pack Minifigs - $9.99

Wasn't expecting to find much at the Walmart I dropped by tonight but left with a city Police Chase, Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter, Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter, and an extra SW Calendar all for half off, and they still had a good amount of each. Also saw the Freeco Speeder, and a couple of other random things.

LOL, only thing that dropped at Targets in LA was the Harry Potter polybag, 70% off thanks to the Christmas clearance. $1.19 each, picked up the few I found at one store, none at the other two I visited. Everything else was 30% off, at best. And that's on top of the random markup pricing that some Targets in LA have over MSRP. I wish the Advent Calendars were part of the Christmas clearance; most stores have the Star Wars one "clearanced" at $33.xx...ridiculous!

Nothing at 50% or 70%, although I did get my 2 Black Pearl's price adjusted from 50% off to 70% off ($49.98 each to $29.98 each...less another 5% off with the Redcard) via the (against official Target policy) "I'd like to change payment type" return/rebuy method.

One store has the Queen Anne's Revenge priced in the system at $82.xx, but none in store...hopefully it will drop to 70% off at one or more stores...

Hit a busy Wal Mart in a nice part of town and was surpried to see a dozen Plo Starfighters, Fressco Speeders and various other sets. Nothing really exciting beyond that. I scanned a lot of stuff i would buy at the right price but no dice.

I got a couple of the Sensei Wu spinners for $3.50. Nice print on the Sensei and that coolie/straw hat is awesome.

Saw Fire Temple, Queen Anne and Black Pearl but they were all full price.

I'm getting pretty serious about getting a pirate ship - not really a fan of PotC - but I want a pirate ship in my collection.

Which is best in your opinion? Queen Anne? Black Pearl? Why?

I'm leaning toward Queen Anne and there was a couple left at Target Wednesday. Are the toys on a particular drop schedule?

[quote name='skiizim']Damn, were those on clearance at Wal-Mart? The only Alien Conquest set I didn't scan, I don't want to make the drive for this one.[/QUOTE]
FWIW, all of the AC sets, except for the mothership, are at least 10% off at my Lego Store. I'm told that the sale prices will remain in effect until we're sold out, and that goes for all of the stuff on sale right now.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Can someone please tell me when the 2012 Star Wars sets will be officially sold at retailers.[/QUOTE]

January, but it depends on each retailer. Lego stores and TRU are the your best bet to get them first. A couple of posters in this thread work for both and can usually give us a heads up on these things.

if anyone happens to find a Walmart skylander drill sergeant or Target skylander Whirlwind while outs and about I'll gladly cover any costs and/or trade some legos to a fellow CAG...my boys are really into this game

[quote name='scp89']if anyone happens to find a Walmart skylander drill sergeant or Target skylander Whirlwind while outs and about I'll gladly cover any costs and/or trade some legos to a fellow CAG...my boys are really into this game[/QUOTE]

Every time I've gone to Target and Walmart this week to check on Lego, I've looked at the Skylanders section out of curiosity. Almost every store has empty pegs. Either they've be a huge hit for Christmas or they didn't make many, or both.

I think it might have been a bit of both. I'm not sure how the restock went on skylanders but I remember right before I went looking for the 3 new characters from the second wave that stores were still heavily stocked. Gamestops seems to be the place I see them better stocked for the moment but boy these things sure did sell.

I'll try to get you a Drill Sergeant, I had an extra Whirlwind that I guess I should have kept but returned to Target after a certain sale. I saw like 15 Drill Sergeants when I went to a Wal-Mart near my parents house, I just checked prices on fleabay and my eyes bugged out.

I shipped one somewhat locally to another CAG first class and it cost close to $13 at cost. If your fine with that and I find one I'll pick it up for you.

[quote name='NCrush']Target stores will be stocking Superheroes, new City, Dino, and Friends January 1st.[/QUOTE]

I saw some sets yesterday, boy are they awesome!!! The new Spongebob sets are great too!!!!!

[quote name='NCrush']Target stores will be stocking Superheroes, new City, Dino, and Friends January 1st.[/QUOTE]

I saw them at one Target already and surprisingly Kmart had them.

[quote name='skiizim']I think it might have been a bit of both. I'm not sure how the restock went on skylanders but I remember right before I went looking for the 3 new characters from the second wave that stores were still heavily stocked. Gamestops seems to be the place I see them better stocked for the moment but boy these things sure did sell.

I'll try to get you a Drill Sergeant, I had an extra Whirlwind that I guess I should have kept but returned to Target after a certain sale. I saw like 15 Drill Sergeants when I went to a Wal-Mart near my parents house, I just checked prices on fleabay and my eyes bugged out.

I shipped one somewhat locally to another CAG first class and it cost close to $13 at cost. If your fine with that and I find one I'll pick it up for you.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with that..thanks to any/all for any help I never thought these things would be tough to find...they were all over the place and not selling at all before xmas but now that my boys need some for their game cant find anywhere...oh well

I saw something terrible at work today.

You know those LEGO gift cards everyone was looking for? I hope you guys were able to get some (I got 2). We keep the gift cards in the stockroom and there was a memo on top of the cards saying to DESTROY all LEGO gift cards and other christmas related ones after December 25th. What the fuck.

Terrible I say.

[quote name='TheHelix']I saw something terrible at work today.

You know those LEGO gift cards everyone was looking for? I hope you guys were able to get some (I got 2). We keep the gift cards in the stockroom and there was a memo on top of the cards saying to DESTROY all LEGO gift cards and other christmas related ones after December 25th. What the fuck.

Terrible I say.[/QUOTE]

That is terrible. I noticed after Christmas they showed up as out of stock at every store on the stock locator. Did find a few at a nearby store though. Grabbed a few since I figured they might disappear anyway.

My Walmart clearenced out some Legos at 50% off. Alot of Ninja, the Airport from City, The Burrows Harry Potter, a few others.

I bought some small Kingdom sets and Earth Defense HQ at half off.

Yikes, I hope this is an isolated thing. I found 4 more of them a few days after Christmas while hunting post Christmas clearance stuff. 3 on the peg in one store and 1 randomly on some debris in the Christmas section in another. I"d love to grab some more of the things since it's basically free Lego.

[quote name='TheHelix']I saw something terrible at work today.

Terrible I say.[/QUOTE]

Finally made it back to Walmart and was surprised by what they had left. Was able to pick up Spy Jet Escape 8638, King's Carriage Ambush 7188 and Police Chase 3648 x 2. Lots of Police Chase, Sphinx and Cobra Statue left. I really like the smaller PG sets and the Pyramid, but even at 1/2 off the Sphinx and Cobra just seem lame.
Put together the Spy Jet Escape with my daughter this morning and it is a fun set. Almost decided to pass on it but was glad to pick it up. 5 cars and the plane were totally worth $25 and my daughter has been playing with it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back