LEGO Deals 3

Yeah what is up with those prices? I guess they figure they don't need to discount it much.
Yeah I'm not feeling it especially since the minifig only comes with the Everything is Awesome edition. If Target had the BD for $17.99 I would be tempted to combine it with the save $10 deal but at $22.99 I'll pass. I bet the movie will be available at a decent price in the near future.

Prim, do you know what kind of offers TRU will have for the LEGO Movie next week? Target and Best Buy prices are kind of meh.
I checked today and could not find anything about there being an ad next week. The only thing I've seen is a $19.99 price for the blu ray on the pre order cards. TRU will not carry the 3D edition. I found no indication of it being in the system.

Okay, hopefully not being too annoying here, but since like a dozen of you PMed me about it, I thought I'd do a little update on my minifies I'm parting ways with.  Finally had a chance to figure out some (probably more realistic than I quoted earlier) prices.  And now I'll stop posting about it.  Thanks!

If interested:

Prices based off Bricklink to hopefully be pretty realistic (at least a lot more realistic than Ebay).

To make things easy shipping will be $3 flat rate.

All like new, include everything they're pictured with: http://tinypic.com/r/2q89fz8/8

Spider-man (with web) - 4

Spider-man (no web) - 4

Nick Fury - 4

Keychain Mini Hulk - 6

War Machine - 8

Loki - 5

Aldrich Killian - 3

Deadpool - 25

Big Hulk (tan pants) - 30

2x Avengers Aliens - 4

2x Two-Face thugs - 7

2x Police Officers - 6

Two-Face - 17

Riddler (racing jacket) - 7

Mr. Freeze - 8

Clark Kent/Superman - 17

Batman (white) - 6

3x Black Horse (with helmet) - 4

Ron Weasley - 14

Harry Potter - 7

Ginny Weasley - 20

Draco Malfoy - 8

3x PotC British Soldiers - 15

Jack Sparrow - 5

Marion Ravenwood - 4

Wampa - 15

Luke Skywalker - 8

Kithaba - 3

Mandolorian - 3

Imperial V-Wing Pilot - 5

2x Ninjago Ninjas (red/black) - 6

Foot Soldier - 3

Shakespeare - 6

2x Mummies - 6

2x Chima animal-men - 4

These aren't pictured:

Hawkeye (with bow) - 5

Wolverine (yellow/blue) (with claws) - 25

Iron Fist - 17

Jor-El (sealed poly bag) - 15

Last edited by a moderator:
Also of note is that if you already preordered the Lego movie from Amazon, keep an eye out, because all versions are currently "no release date" because of the tiff they're having with WB.

I was able to get the Master Builder 2 - Robo and Micro Builds for $24 today at my TRU. 

I thought I was done for the year after the Ecto-1 but I've always wanted this set and the price was right... 

[quote name="fujishig" post="11837355" timestamp="1402597831"]Also of note is that if you already preordered the Lego movie from Amazon, keep an eye out, because all versions are currently "no release date" because of the tiff they're having with WB.[/quote]
crap. might cancel mine and see if I can get the everything is awesome edition elsewhere then, since I need the movie for a showing on my son's birthday.

crap. might cancel mine and see if I can get the everything is awesome edition elsewhere then, since I need the movie for a showing on my son's birthday.
I've seen other people say that they contacted Amazon and were told that they will still receive the movie if they preordered it.

I just got back from TRU.  I got there around 1pm so they had run out of some of the parts needed.  They didn't have any instructions so they just said to build whatever.  They even brought out a huge box full of Lego for us to pick so we could build big robots since they ran out of parts.  The only thing we were limited to was one head per child.  

This event was awesome.  It was only limited by a child's imagination and that seemed to be the problem.  Everyone was asking for directions and didn't understand the concept of the free build.  Most tried to emulate one of the three that were on the little placard.  There were so few people that showed they let me do whatever I wanted.  Below are my results.  As the pictures moved on I refined the models and added details, in some cases making a major change.  The employee left the table at 2 and I just helped kids and tried to inspire them a little bit.  One made a reasonable version of my robot while another kid just kept stacking 2x4's to make bricks to make a monstrosity that used all of the 2x4's.  I didn't have the heart to point it out but whatever.  

IMAG0594_zps49d1fcf6.jpg

IMAG0595_zps6b3c08c4.jpg

IMAG0596_zpsdb71e7de.jpg

IMAG0597_zpsbcdde45a.jpg

IMAG0599_zps4c81f180.jpg

IMAG0601_zps3f36768e.jpg

IMAG0602_zpsd4eac6cb.jpg

I took a bunch of extra parts when I left but you can see there was a ton left when I left at 4:30pm.:
IMAG0600_zps5aac97f8.jpg

Seriously, some random dude who's not an employee sitting down and helping the kids?  That's a little creepy.  

My TRU didn't have a ton of pieces and they were telling the kids to take 1 of each.  :lol:  They didn't have a friggin' clue.

Went to legoland discovery center in Somerville. My 2 year old had a great time building the cars and racing them on the ramps. Miniland was awesome as expected. We probably won't go back till he's older though since he really can't build much yet.

I did manage to trade some minifigs with the staff and got a vampire huntress, the bumble bee girl, and homer.

So all Galaxy Squad stuff is 20% off on Lego.com. I have tons of VIP points but want to know how this stuff works. Is it finally being discontinued? Will it drop in price further? When it drops can I be notified or do I have to stalk the site? 

Finally, I'm mainly interested because I like the GS line but I also have a feeling it's not being renewed. Has Lego announced a second wave for these?

So all Galaxy Squad stuff is 20% off on Lego.com. I have tons of VIP points but want to know how this stuff works. Is it finally being discontinued? Will it drop in price further? When it drops can I be notified or do I have to stalk the site?

Finally, I'm mainly interested because I like the GS line but I also have a feeling it's not being renewed. Has Lego announced a second wave for these?
GS is dead. There was already a second wave last year, no more will be made. You should have bought the sets (along with me) when Target.com had them for 50% off at the end of last year. If they don't sell I can see them going to 40 or 50% off but no one knows when that might be.

GS is dead. There was already a second wave last year, no more will be made. You should have bought the sets (along with me) when Target.com had them for 50% off at the end of last year. If they don't sell I can see them going to 40 or 50% off but no one knows when that might be.
Also keep in mind that if they go to 40% to 50% off on S@H, you may see the discounted price but only after it's gone out of stock for good.

Putting together the Spongebob Bikini Bottom Party now. Very cute, but totally not worth the $50 MSRP, so I am glad I waited for a good sale price.

Good to know. Yeah, I remember that Target sale but i'm trying to see if I really want to get the whole set (both waves). Would probably only bite at 50% off.

Not sure if you would consider it a "deal", but I noticed that the 3d version of the lego movie is listed on the lego online store. It is full MSRP ($39.99), but I assume this means you could use VIP points towards the price of the movie, so it might be a better value for some people that really want the 3d version but don't want to wait for a better price down the road.

Not sure if you would consider it a "deal", but I noticed that the 3d version of the lego movie is listed on the lego online store. It is full MSRP ($39.99), but I assume this means you could use VIP points towards the price of the movie, so it might be a better value for some people that really want the 3d version but don't want to wait for a better price down the road.
The problem is if you are not buying $35.01 worth of LEGOs with it then shipping is $7.

Is the Everything is Awesome edition worth it besides the figure?  I already have Vitruvius, so I don't know if it's worth the extra $17 unless there are extra features on the disc not included in the regular edition.

I just got back from Target, I got the Target Exclusive BD with The Bad Cop Pursuit set for 38 total + tax with the promo. I passed the EIA edition, because I don't have a 3D setup and I don't think the extras are worth it. But if you do watch in 3D, it does come with an extra 3D feature so it all depends on what your interests are. And the minifig is exclusive to the package because it's the version from the intro.

I just got back from Target, I got the Target Exclusive BD with The Bad Cop Pursuit set for 38 total + tax with the promo. I passed the EIA edition, because I don't have a 3D setup and I don't think the extras are worth it. But if you do watch in 3D, it does come with an extra 3D feature so it all depends on what your interests are. And the minifig is exclusive to the package because it's the version from the intro.
So you didn't try price matching? I'm sure the system will allow a price match and the $10 promo, but the question is whether or not the CSR will allow it (with the exclusive book).

Target exclusive has a little Lego Movie sticker book with it for $22.99.  I got the local Target to price match to Amazon ($17.99) and got one of the $25 sets for $15 after the combo which is automatic in the system...$32.99 total isn't bad.  Nearly $20 more for the minifig and 3D copy just isn't worth it.

Hey Lego fans.  Check out this lot I picked up tonight at the thrift store.  My daughter and I are planning on adding these to our brick tub.  Are any of these mini figs older or have any value?  They look like new stuff to me.  I only ask because there was some Takara robots from the 80's mixed in the lot.  How much would a lot like this sell for on Ebay?  Thanks for any help. 

gallery_354731_8396_491166.jpg

gallery_354731_8396_1130099.jpg

gallery_354731_8396_976172.jpg

Quick look, those are almost all late 90s figures with a few mid 90s. Off hand I see Ninja, Roboforce, Res-Q, Pirates, Spyrius, and Insectoids. No idea if they have any value beyond being minifigs, but there's a start.

Hey Lego fans. Check out this lot I picked up tonight at the thrift store. My daughter and I are planning on adding these to our brick tub. Are any of these mini figs older or have any value? They look like new stuff to me. I only ask because there was some Takara robots from the 80's mixed in the lot. How much would a lot like this sell for on Ebay? Thanks for any help.

gallery_354731_8396_976172.jpg
I remember having some of the robots from that third picture. Don't recall what the brand name was. They had interchangeable pieces of armor and such. I don't think they would be worth much without the accessories, but I'm only guessing.

Target exclusive has a little Lego Movie sticker book with it for $22.99. I got the local Target to price match to Amazon ($17.99) and got one of the $25 sets for $15 after the combo which is automatic in the system...$32.99 total isn't bad. Nearly $20 more for the minifig and 3D copy just isn't worth it.
I did the same thing yesterday. The lady paused since the Target cover is yellow and the one on the Best Buy ad is blue but she put it through with no problems. And yeah, I didn't think double the price was worth it either. It was either buy the 3d version or get the 2 disc version with a Lego set for the same price.

If you don't want the set, my receipt said I could return it for $19.50ish, making the movie only $13-14.

I remember having some of the robots from that third picture. Don't recall what the brand name was. They had interchangeable pieces of armor and such. I don't think they would be worth much without the accessories, but I'm only guessing.
Takara is the maker of these robots. The same company that makes Transformers. Did you notice the one looks just like Optimus Prime? Don't think there is any monetary value to these guys. They sure will make cool Lego robot builders!

We're getting a Slave I UCS very soon. The summer wave should be in stores by the end of next month.

Ugh, I can't keep up with all these awesome Star Wars sets 

Ooh, I passed on the last Slave I because of mediocre reviews.  A UCS set could be pretty sweet.  

I still need to pick up R2.  :(    UCS is so damn expensive.  I did tell my wife if they ever reissue or redo a M.Falcon, kiss that $400 goodbye.

I'm conflicted about the EIA edition of the Lego Movie. I will eventually have a 3D setup, but I'm wondering if this edition will become hard to find.  My girlfriend bought one for her brother from Walmart and the display was almost empty by the end of the day.  There were 3 left at target when I went today.  Life decisions. 

I'm conflicted about the EIA edition of the Lego Movie. I will eventually have a 3D setup, but I'm wondering if this edition will become hard to find. My girlfriend bought one for her brother from Walmart and the display was almost empty by the end of the day. There were 3 left at target when I went today. Life decisions.
The only 3D movie I've seen become rare is Beauty and The Beast, which is admittedly surprising. I have a PS3 and The Lego Movie 3D is phenomenal. As a CAG though I'd be hard pressed to recommend it to anyone who isn't a huge fan of the movie.

I bit the bullet and paid $35 for it, the 3D really is great in the movie though. I think the only thing exclusive about the set is the figure, and for the slipcover freaks, it doesn't have one.

Since I've been waiting for them both, I went ahead and got Ice Cream Machine with the EIA edition. The minifigure is nice, and it's really directed to huge fans of the movie.

bread's done
Back