LEGO Deals 3

The only 3D movie I've seen become rare is Beauty and The Beast, which is admittedly surprising. I have a PS3 and The Lego Movie 3D is phenomenal. As a CAG though I'd be hard pressed to recommend it to anyone who isn't a huge fan of the movie.
Wow, I think I have the Beauty and the Beast 3D. Thanks for the heads up!

I picked up the standard LEGO BD at Target with the Ice Cream Truck set.  I PM'd to Best Buy and got both for like $32 after Red Card discount.  They were out of 3D and my PS4 or XBOX ONE does not play 3D yet.  No big deal to me.

I bit the bullet and paid $35 for it, the 3D really is great in the movie though. I think the only thing exclusive about the set is the figure, and for the slipcover freaks, it doesn't have one.
The designer video is exclusive though its only 15 minutes and again only for hardcore fans imo.

Anyone find any good deals on the new Ghostbusters set, or is $50 about standard?  I was all set to order from Target, but it looks like it's up to $60 now.

TRU stores are starting to get the TMNT sets in. The Ghostbusters set is also showing up in stores.
You wouldnt happen to know the item number for the Ghostbusters set would you? The closest TRU is like 45 min away and when I called them this morning, they said they cant look it up unless they have a number.

Went to our area swap meet and met a collector with a ton of minifigs, all at very reasonable prices. What he had ran the gamut from superheroes, chima, Star Wars, cmf's, etc. I picked up series 2 pop star, series 5 graduate and detective. Just need 10 more from series 1 (which he has one I need) to be all caught up on cmf's.

My oldest son had his birthday yesterday and with his money today we went and picked up the knowhere escape mission from target. When we got home he opened it up and the bag with the mini figures along with one of the instructions books was gone. Looked at the box at the opposite end that he opened and you could see where the tape was tampered with. Went back to target right away to exchange it.

Was inspired to do some MOC Bricking Bad

Went to our area swap meet and met a collector with a ton of minifigs, all at very reasonable prices. What he had ran the gamut from superheroes, chima, Star Wars, cmf's, etc. I picked up series 2 pop star, series 5 graduate and detective. Just need 10 more from series 1 (which he has one I need) to be all caught up on cmf's.

My oldest son had his birthday yesterday and with his money today we went and picked up the knowhere escape mission from target. When we got home he opened it up and the bag with the mini figures along with one of the instructions books was gone. Looked at the box at the opposite end that he opened and you could see where the tape was tampered with. Went back to target right away to exchange it.

Hell yeah, bitch.

Awesome. The only thing that would make it better is Walter in his tighty whities.

Anybody enter the TnB contest? I was going to, but haven't had time this month.
I don't bother. The past ones have people with only 5-6 posts just give each other all their points. It's a horrible setup and frankly the nicer ones, or creative ones never win. There should be a post limit before you can join.

Looks fantastic.  $20 would be the sweet spot.  There's not much to it.  I'd love to see a polybag series like the Friends animals.

I don't bother. The past ones have people with only 5-6 posts just give each other all their points. It's a horrible setup and frankly the nicer ones, or creative ones never win. There should be a post limit before you can join.
Yeah I suggested that but I think it got shot down. Most of the entries last time had less than ten posts and had signed up during the contest.

Yeah I suggested that but I think it got shot down. Most of the entries last time had less than ten posts and had signed up during the contest.
Exactly. I came in almost last because someone with 6 posts gave all their points to someone with 7 points and then someone else with 4 post gave it to someone else. And I wouldn't care but... not to sound like an ass... but one of the ones that one was shit from someone who never is on the site.

Eurobricks has a post limit of 10/25 and you had to be an active member from the day before the contest started.

Not specifically Lego related, buy TRU is doing a free Transformers build event from 12-2 this Saturday. Hopefully it goes better than the last Lego Movie one. Instead of letting people get creative, my local store only let people grab 2 of every piece. Kind of a letdown.

062414C_EM_TRU_Transformers_InStore_Event_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not specifically Lego related, buy TRU is doing a free Transformers build event from 12-2 this Saturday. Hopefully it goes better than the last Lego Movie one. Instead of letting people get creative, my local store only let people grab 2 of every piece. Kind of a letdown.
I told my son I would take him and he was excited. Who makes those Transformers sets?

The Lego Movie event was the opposite at my store, they told everyone to take whatever they wanted so we had kids taking handfuls of lego pieces because they were free while their parents encouraged them to keep going. "Do you know how much these sets normally cost? Take a few more pieces for free" LOL

I told my son I would take him and he was excited. Who makes those Transformers sets?

The Lego Movie event was the opposite at my store, they told everyone to take whatever they wanted so we had kids taking handfuls of lego pieces because they were free while their parents encouraged them to keep going. "Do you know how much these sets normally cost? Take a few more pieces for free" LOL
Kre-O by Hasbro

It was the same at my store, but people weren't grabbing that much stuff. I wasn't there the whole time though, so who knows, maybe somebody managed to take the big box they brought out.

I'm taking my son there tomorrow for the mini build. Hopefully there won't be any creepy guys showing him how to build robots :lol:

j/k... where is brock samson anyway? Haven't seen him here since he posted those pictures.

where is brock samson anyway? Haven't seen him here since he posted those pictures.
I'm here. Nothing new to report and I didn't want to reply to the pedophiles that wanted to call me out for being a nice guy. If you have specific questions or need advice on having a good experience with the build, let me know.

They were giving out two polys to every kid at my TRU. I thought it was Optimus and one and grimlock in the other but it is one complete set per bag. It's a pretty neat set and build.

Ugh, made it by 1pm and apparently they were out by 1230pm. Went to two other TRU and they were all out as well.

Already some on Ebay asking price of $20.

8DA1594C-71CF-4B49-8F4E-43976EA0C58D_zps9gnslfb0.jpg

Found these today at Five Below... They also had a couple of other poly bags - a Harry Potter train and some Chima poly bag... Just in case you needed/wanted a kit like this.

Just noticed Toys R Us will be selling the Simpsons Minifigures at 2 for $5 starting tomorrow. Limit 2 offers per customer (so 4 figures total). Not bad if you've been holding off on picking them up.

Just noticed Toys R Us will be selling the Simpsons Minifigures at 2 for $5 starting tomorrow. Limit 2 offers per customer (so 4 figures total). Not bad if you've been holding off on picking them up.
Thats why i bring my kids, give them some cash and they can be customers as well. only 2 offers can turn into 8 offers. :D/

bread's done
Back