LEGO Deals 3

At the store I was at today there were only about six out on the pegs mixed in with series 15, they just luckily happened to be some of the ones I still needed. I've only found them at two different targets so far. Most other stores I've checked have a shit ton of series 15 out or nothing at all.

No Disney luck at a couple of local Targets yet, but I did find them at the nearest Walmart. They didn't ring up on the floor scanner, so I was worried they wouldn't sell, but they registered fine at the self check-out, so I bought 10.

Found one more Olaf poly at the last Target, but they can't even sell him now. OUT OF SYSTEM.

Also got the Elves set with the dolphin for $5 at WM. Worth it for some of the cool pieces and the dolphin for sure!

Have the item number for it? I found a single one at a different target, let it go and let some soccer mom have it. These things are going to suck to collect, she even told me the release date.

Have the item number for it? I found a single one at a different target, let it go and let some soccer mom have it. These things are going to suck to collect, she even told me the release date.
I would have laughed at her and go "Mine bitch! Get a job!"

But I think I was in Henrietta and Pittsford NY for too long (Rich assholes)

I would have laughed at her and go "Mine bitch! Get a job!"

But I think I was in Henrietta and Pittsford NY for too long (Rich assholes)
Like the "get a job" part. Really personal.

Anyway, I really agree. The only silver lining to have a handful of people massaging bags in front of me is that sometimes they are willing to just give me all the one they already have which helps me avoid duplicates as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go to Target on Thursdays for clearance, they would be there by 9:30 and take everything from clearance. I went there before work for cheap food. :lol:  I beat some woman to clearance Chima keychain flashlight for really cheap and she gave me some nasty look "What is the commoner doing here!!!"

I almost bought some horrible Chima set I didn't want, just so that bitch wouldn't get it. These 'women' are horrible and just think the world is theirs. It's sick.

But once again maybe it's just because it's Pittsford. These assholes would run me over while on my bike, circle around and run me down again, then sue me for getting blood on their SUV and being late for their spa date.

But anyways, I almost bought a Deep Sea Vehicle for $70 from AWD. I really like the sub theme.

Maybe someone here better understands the situation but I was trying to use the Friend20 20% off TRU coupon the front page and not only was it not working but TRU had the most absurd markups on the hard to find stuff that I've ever seen. Essentially they were all 30% at least. I would consider trying a retail store that had Slave 1 and the coupon for a slight deal on that but I don't want to call and ask as I trust anyone in this thread with more knowledge on this TRU coupon than your average TRU employee.

Maybe someone here better understands the situation but I was trying to use the Friend20 20% off TRU coupon the front page and not only was it not working but TRU had the most absurd markups on the hard to find stuff that I've ever seen. Essentially they were all 30% at least. I would consider trying a retail store that had Slave 1 and the coupon for a slight deal on that but I don't want to call and ask as I trust anyone in this thread with more knowledge on this TRU coupon than your average TRU employee.
Short answer? TRU sucks.

Longer answer? TRU really sucks and the coupon might not have been live yet, try again later today. And you didn't know about the TRU tax? :lol:

Short answer? TRU sucks.

Longer answer? TRU really sucks and the coupon might not have been live yet, try again later today. And you didn't know about the TRU tax? :lol:
I always remember 15-20 dollar markup on some of the more expensive sets but now it's like 50 bucks in many cases. It's absolutely nuts.

Lol, it looks like they actually pulled all the highend stuff. From what I can tell, the artificially raised the prices of those items so that the coupon wouldn't impact their actual price until they could eliminate them from the site altogether.

I guess the question now is will this work on the Slave 1 in store if I find it. Used to have the "hot items" clause making all that stuff exempt but I don't remember if the Slave was considered a red hot deal. Maybe I'll call.

I always remember 15-20 dollar markup on some of the more expensive sets but now it's like 50 bucks in many cases. It's absolutely nuts.

Lol, it looks like they actually pulled all the highend stuff. From what I can tell, the artificially raised the prices of those items so that the coupon wouldn't impact their actual price until they could eliminate them from the site altogether.

I guess the question now is will this work on the Slave 1 in store if I find it. Used to have the "hot items" clause making all that stuff exempt but I don't remember if the Slave was considered a red hot deal. Maybe I'll call.
The coupon will work on the Slave 1. I used a 20% coupon on one a couple weeks back.

It is but that doesn't mean retail employees necessarily pay attention
Also at TRU LEGO would come in and check, Target I doubt has that. But also LEGO sometimes ships the boxes way early and there will be a date on the box, covered in a sticker and you would never notice.

I got 15 of the 18 figures last night.  I would have had buzz too but I promised my nephew he could have one.  Seemed like someone picked through the box because I only felt one buzz in there.  Also, I made this in remembrance:

vqjqmg.jpg

Found this info over at Rebelscum couple of days ago. I called my Lego store yesterday to see if they had any invites left and they did, I just had to go pick one up. Not sure what I am getting yet, maybe the Falcon finally to make sure I get all of the promo sets

LE Escape The Space Slug

Haven't seen much chatter about this yet. Apparently there are invitations going out for a VIP event on the morning of April 30th. The Lego stores will be opening an hour earlier than usual for the event. All the May the 4th promos will be available, as well as an additional promo that is exclusive to this event. Invitees that spend $150+ will get this Limited Edition Escape the Space Slug set. Vague reports have this coming in around 150 pieces. Sounds like it may be similar to the exclusives that Lego had at the cons last year. One person stated that this will be a polybag. Reportedly each store is only getting 28 of these sets, and any that are not distributed are to be sent back to Lego.

From what I am reading at other forums, each store seems to be making it up as they go along, Probably wouldn't hurt to call and ask someone else.

I called my LEGO store and they said it was for AFOLS only
What does that mean? They card you at the door?

Either way, I think I'm going to go though I'll call first and see if I'd literally have to wait in a line to ensure getting one. Wrapping up the Detective Office (fantastic build btw) and would be willing to get the Sandcrawler or Brick Bank.

Edit: Also edgewood atlanta store got the Disney CMFs but they were covered in the grease of bag feelers. Was able to get Daisy, Ariel, Aladdin, and Minnie. Guess I'm stuck hunting the rest down though not sure what Atlanta stores have a decent stock.

If you get the paper invite then you are good. But that's yncommon because even LUG members aren't always getting the invites.

What does that mean? They card you at the door?

Either way, I think I'm going to go though I'll call first and see if I'd literally have to wait in a line to ensure getting one. Wrapping up the Detective Office (fantastic build btw) and would be willing to get the Sandcrawler or Brick Bank.

Edit: Also edgewood atlanta store got the Disney CMFs but they were covered in the grease of bag feelers. Was able to get Daisy, Ariel, Aladdin, and Minnie. Guess I'm stuck hunting the rest down though not sure what Atlanta stores have a decent stock.
What ever stupid AFOL group is in there area somehow convinced the store to make a special invite, I'm guessing this is what happened with the conversation I had with the store employee. I guess it's some sort of card that they give in store, and they have some sort of RSVP list.

I must say I really love the hatred of LUGs (LEGO User Groups). The whole idea of them, and paying dues is a little silly to me. However I really hate the fact LEGO is making a set just to give out to 150 of them in an area. What iffy LUG isn't near a store? Or is so massive I have 1,000 members and only 2-3 stores with 300-450 sets total? 

Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Surprised, impressed, but ultimately uninterested. I've noticed on SD that high end technic actually goes on sale in foreign amazon territories pretty often. I wonder if this one will be any different.

I like the car camouflage version better than the retail orange version. The orange really makes all the body panel gaps noticeable on the front end.

leaked-lego-porsche-911-gt3-2.jpg

LEGO-Technic-42056-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-1024x752.jpg

I've been buying up a bunch at local Targets while they're 3.39 each. I sorted and catalogued my extras last night (all still unopened). Ariel is the only one I haven't found AT ALL. If you'd like some of these at cost before I return the extras, let me know.

I've been buying up a bunch at local Targets while they're 3.39 each. I sorted and catalogued my extras last night (all still unopened). Ariel is the only one I haven't found AT ALL. If you'd like some of these at cost before I return the extras, let me know.
I'd be interested in any extras you have. Targets near me will not sell them yet :(

I'm interested as well. Let me know.

Will clearance at Target be easier to find now with the 500K people boycotting it?

Yep. I have Minnie, Ariel, Daisy and Aladdin. Will buy all the rest you have plus 15 for shipping in troubles if you are interested. Just tell me which ones and where to send the money.

Yep. I have Minnie, Ariel, Daisy and Aladdin. Will buy all the rest you have plus 15 for shipping in troubles if you are interested. Just tell me which ones and where to send the money.
Well, I was asking you specifically because we live in the same area. Edgewood is my nearest store, too, so no shipping needed if you can meet up.

Other folks: I guess, if you wanna pay shipping? Here's what I have extra right now:

2x Mickey

2x Donald

6x Incredible (SO MANY!)

2x Peter Pan

5x Genie

1x Hook

3x Daisy

1x Ursula

1x Syndrome

(but those 1x ones will presumably be going to Fatbot)

I'm interested as well. Let me know.

Will clearance at Target be easier to find now with the 500K people boycotting it?
Just like the 'Million Mom March' group that has 50,000 members and most don't have children, none outhouse people shopped at Target anyways, too classy for them. Walmart is upscale to these people, they are the ones buying VHS tapes at Kmart and think they are living the life.

I think I will go sign it now and make sure to buy more stuff.

I need to find me some Disney ones. My sister wants Alice and the Cat.

Got 2 yesterday, 1 for my wife who will be in northern va with my daughter and 1 for me in Annapolis. Will most likely have a spare slug set to trade.

Got an invite for the Lego store on Saturday, you can bow down to me!!!
So how do you get an invite? I'm a VIP who spends a decent amount in the store but can't say I've done much more than that. Always wanted to join the officially supported monthly meetup but couldn't figure out logistics of getting there in the evening with a 7 year old.

So how do you get an invite? I'm a VIP who spends a decent amount in the store but can't say I've done much more than that. Always wanted to join the officially supported monthly meetup but couldn't figure out logistics of getting there in the evening with a 7 year old.
Call your local store and ask if they gave any spots open and if possible you're able to attend. I had to drive there after work yesterday, which was something I really didn't want to do but I wanted the space slug set.

Yes. Everyone seems to want it, I don't give a damn, I'm not spending $150 on Star Wars or whatever you need to do, just curious to what it looks like.

Flol...doesn't look like anything that can't be replicated very easily from common pieces once the instructions get posted.
I won't disagree there, it is just a plastic bag with instructions, it's selling close to $300 on eBay which is kind of ridiculous. I'm glad I'm able to get one but I'm not buying anything I didn't already plan on getting. I'm shooting for the slave 1.

bread's done
Back