LEGO Deals 3

New TRU mailer being delivered that starts on 4/29. Includes a 20% off any regular price item on the cover.  Inside is a $5 off $30 coupon good on Lego purchases not included Dimensions. Both coupons are good through 5/21.

May the 4th sales, found this on t&B pretty lame unless you like the microfighters.

2016-May-4th-LEGO-Star-Wars-Days-Sales-Deals-Toysnbricks.jpg

I like the Micro Fighters, and I've been waiting to buy series 3, so this is perfect for me.

Also buying that Homing Spider Droid. That discount!

Edit: First Order Snowspeeder micro fighter is already $7.99 on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could have bought almost any set you want for 20% at TRU.com last weekend. I don't think that they were marked up online.

Yeah the only thing on the list I am interested in is the Takodano set.
When I was at TRU last week I wa a looking for something to use the coupon on and while I was browsing all of the prices I noticed that a lot of the new sets (particularly Marvel) were msrp. Mainly the older sets, that aren't carried by other retailers anymore, seemed to be the ones with the TRU tax associated with them. There were exceptions of course, but that seemed to be the main trend that I saw.

As far as the special event this weekend, I am still undecided. The space slug set isn't a must have but if selling it would offset the rest of what I spend that day it may be worth it.

As far as the special event this weekend, I am still undecided. The space slug set isn't a must have but if selling it would offset the rest of what I spend that day it may be worth it.
It all depends on how limited it's going to be, but they are selling for $200 plus for the slug, figure, and poster.

If you planned on getting the UCS hoth set or any other with the inclusion of double points I say it's worth it.

Yeah the only thing on the list I am interested in is the Takodano set.
When I was at TRU last week I wa a looking for something to use the coupon on and while I was browsing all of the prices I noticed that a lot of the new sets (particularly Marvel) were msrp. Mainly the older sets, that aren't carried by other retailers anymore, seemed to be the ones with the TRU tax associated with them. There were exceptions of course, but that seemed to be the main trend that I saw.

I'm sure you can offset at least some of the costs. I would definitely go if I were you.

#21118 The Mine at Target for $33.xx. 204-00-1440

Didn't want it at $55, but hard to say "No" to any sets at 70% off.
I knew I meant to go somewhere today. Needed to check for the minifiugres too. Target near me had a few Mines for weeks and weeks.

True but most of there sets are marked up at least 10%, the saving aren't that much.
A lot of the sets online are MSRP. Oddly enough I just did a quick look and 75% of them seemed to be ok. Really random how TRU just picks and chooses. Even a few of the Mighty Micros for Super Heroes were normal priced and some were 10% more.

It all depends on how limited it's going to be, but they are selling for $200 plus for the slug, figure, and poster.

If you planned on getting the UCS hoth set or any other with the inclusion of double points I say it's worth it.
I'm sure you can offset at least some of the costs. I would definitely go if I were you.
No interest in the Hoth set but there are some SW sets and other sets from other lines that I am sure I could make the $150 threshold.

Stopped at Walmart earlier and got Daisy and Buzz CMF's to finish out the full sets for my sister and I. Bring on Cinderella's Castle!

Stopped at Walmart earlier and got Daisy and Buzz CMF's to finish out the full sets for my sister and I. Bring on Cinderella's Castle!
Any rumor on Cinderella Castle piece count? I've delayed on getting the Ghostbuster's firehouse long enough that if the castle was 3000+ pieces I'd just assume get that instead. Hell, I'd even consider the Porsche if the build really is as educational as the trailer indicates. Just hate the idea of 300 bucks for 2700 pieces.

May the 4th sales, found this on t&B pretty lame unless you like the microfighters.
Heh, it lists Kanan's Speeder Bike and Homing Spider Droid sets with no discount, brilliant. Just laughable discounts on the rest, which is made up almost entirely of the stuff that wouldn't move even at half off (keychains, clocks, watches, "constraction" figures etc.).

Any of you master builders know the best place to buy spare parts? I bought a couple Star Wars sets locally but are missing a few pieces each. I checked out Lego.com and they had most, but not all of the pieces I'm missing. These are the first sets I've bought so I apologize for being a total noob. Thanks in advance!

Any of you master builders know the best place to buy spare parts? I bought a couple Star Wars sets locally but are missing a few pieces each. I checked out Lego.com and they had most, but not all of the pieces I'm missing. These are the first sets I've bought so I apologize for being a total noob. Thanks in advance!
Did you use the pick a brick on legoshop.com r brick and pieces?

Brick and pieces is the replacement part. As long as they aren't speciality pieces you should be able to buy from the,.

https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/broken

I was using the pick a brick at legoshop.com which didn't have a couple bricks and is a really dated site. The link you gave is much easier to browse and seems to have what I'm looking for. Thanks so much! I was starting to search on bricklink  :headache:

No invite from my store but then again it is 45 minutes away.  On the plus side, I found two boxes of Disney figs at Walmart so I was able to finish my set. 

For anyone considering Dimensions, the starter packs are 50 percent off at target tomorrow. 

No invite from my store but then again it is 45 minutes away. On the plus side, I found two boxes of Disney figs at Walmart so I was able to finish my set.

For anyone considering Dimensions, the starter packs are 50 percent off at target tomorrow.
Hopefully there will be cartwheel we can stack like there was a couple of weeks ago

Went to the VIP event this morning with my wife (we each got an invite) and took home -

millennium falcon
Battle at Takodano
Final Duel
X-wing micro fighter

And of course two FO stormtrooper polys, two posters and two space slug sets.
So in total I spent a little over $300 but selling off just one of the space slug sets should cover most of what I spent, plus all the double VIP points I earned which I have yet to tally up.

As someone that missed the previous hoth sets, I don't mind the set. The price point could be better but I got one today because the double VIP and spare space slug set I got will basically cover the cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=62&v=TXp6bHwN6wI
Thanks for posting. Really happy for anyone getting these, even for flipping frankly as I imagine most people who even had a chance to get it did which makes flipping an open market that Lego just has to own up to. Don't have time to chase down the deals as much anymore but having this pay for a UCS set seemed like a great deal.

Anyone else having a shitty time finding the Disney Minifigs in stores? They've already been put out at all my local Walmarts and Targets and I've only been lucky enough to find 4 left behinds (Stitch, Donald Duck, and 2 Peter Pan). They're surprisingly almost as hard to find around here as the previous series of minis (they didn't show up at my TRU or any Targets for some reason).

I know they're not officially out until May, but with them disappearing so quickly, it makes me wonder if they'll actually be restocked at all.  

Anyone else having a shitty time finding the Disney Minifigs in stores? They've already been put out at all my local Walmarts and Targets and I've only been lucky enough to find 4 left behinds (Stitch, Donald Duck, and 2 Peter Pan). They're surprisingly almost as hard to find around here as the previous series of minis (they didn't show up at my TRU or any Targets for some reason).

I know they're not officially out until May, but with them disappearing so quickly, it makes me wonder if they'll actually be restocked at all.
I never find them in stores, the Target today had like 100 of the last series. Walmart in wester mass never have them.

They will be restocked, they are always restocked. Every series there are these issues and last time Brickiest and other asshole websites spread rumors to get site hits saying they were recalled.

The only issue is once word comes out the restocks might sell out even faster (Like the Movie series). I want to buy them from Target and save 5%, plus can return extras I get wrong. I'd be happy with a Stitch as he's my favorite. I might just buy a bunch from S@H (up right now and free shipping) then if I see them at Target try to return them.

TRU.com has them too, but a limit of 4 so you can't get free shipping. But you can buy up to 5 of both the monster series or series 15 and buy 8 of all the series for $27 after the 'save $5 on $30' code.

(I hope this makes sense as I haven't slept yet.)

I only found 2 packages at my target last week. On Friday I went to 2 different walmarts and they both had two full boxes out on the shelf. I wouldn't worry just yet as the street date is today. If they are really hard to find in a couple weeks from today, then I would worry. If there are a couple specific ones you're looking for, I could probably pick them up for you if you paid cost and shipping.

Like you and others have said, today is the official street date so there is no need to panic. Yes Disney and Lego collectors will be rushing for these but I am sure they will be plentiful after the initial rush.

I don't know how other areas are but in my area Walmart only tends to get one box of these and never replenishes. Target, TRU and of course the Lego store all get restocked through to the next wave.

I don't know about target, since it shares the same DPCI and there is a stagnant amount of series 15 their system will never tell them to replenish

I went to one store and the manager was limiting to 4, I walked out.

Target was limiting to four? I've never heard of that there but have seen it at TRU. Did that Target have self check out? That'd be a good way around it.

Not when they are holding them in electronics, he had them in his office so they wouldn't put them on the floor. I found a fresh box at a different store but they wouldn't only let me get 15 so I left. I'll buy them on eBay, Ive seen complete sets sell for around $90.

$20 is worth my time and not running around like an idiot.

I never find them in stores, the Target today had like 100 of the last series. Walmart in wester mass never have them.

They will be restocked, they are always restocked. Every series there are these issues and last time Brickiest and other asshole websites spread rumors to get site hits saying they were recalled.

The only issue is once word comes out the restocks might sell out even faster (Like the Movie series). I want to buy them from Target and save 5%, plus can return extras I get wrong. I'd be happy with a Stitch as he's my favorite. I might just buy a bunch from S@H (up right now and free shipping) then if I see them at Target try to return them.

TRU.com has them too, but a limit of 4 so you can't get free shipping. But you can buy up to 5 of both the monster series or series 15 and buy 8 of all the series for $27 after the 'save $5 on $30' code.

(I hope this makes sense as I haven't slept yet.)
It totally made sense, no worries! I'm only really worried because my Targets and Walmarts have never restocked a series except for the Monsters series (which they still have plenty of). I'm just worried about this begin more difficult because it's Disney related. I might actually just end up ordering a whole bunch from S@H like you mentioned, just not sure yet. I'm not feeling super desperate, but a week or two from now I'll probably be feeling a little panicked if I still haven't seen any more.

I only found 2 packages at my target last week. On Friday I went to 2 different walmarts and they both had two full boxes out on the shelf. I wouldn't worry just yet as the street date is today. If they are really hard to find in a couple weeks from today, then I would worry. If there are a couple specific ones you're looking for, I could probably pick them up for you if you paid cost and shipping.
Thanks for the offer! I am totally willing to pay cost and shipping if you find Maleficent, Alice, and/or Cheshire Cat. Those are the only three my girlfriend wants, so they are first priority for me.

I told you guys, crazy Disney collectors.
This is actually what I think the problem is in my area. If it's not that, it's gotta be the Lego flippers that annihilate the stocks at every Target anytime something clearance shows up.

Like you and others have said, today is the official street date so there is no need to panic. Yes Disney and Lego collectors will be rushing for these but I am sure they will be plentiful after the initial rush.

I don't know how other areas are but in my area Walmart only tends to get one box of these and never replenishes. Target, TRU and of course the Lego store all get restocked through to the next wave.
Checked my TRU, Walmart, and all three Targets this morning and nada at all of them. TRU said they were cleaned out within an hour of opening, the Targets and Walmarts said they didn't get any more after their stock had been depleted from being put out early. I'm hoping a restock comes quick.

I haven't seen one of those in a TRU in years!

Can everyone remember that the CMF series is in it's 5th year now! Maybe 6th. I remember buying a Godzilla for an ex of mine in 2011. (I should have kept it.) :lol:

Funny. The Walmart i went to in Western NY restocked series... 12? It had the pig man. I wish I bought some of those. But they did the restock in September, that's about a year after the series ended. Targets keep getting more series 15 in, like I saw yesterday, funny, I have hardly ever seen the Monsters series in person.

I have $5 in S@H points / rewards. I was going to buy two Disney minifiugres. Already sold out! They most have been recalled, go out and buy every single one possible!!!!! Go alert the LEGO blogs that they are being recalled because of safety issues, or legal issues or production issues!! ;)

o_O

I have all I want but Ariel... I may get a Peter Pan though. No issues finding them, stores have had tons here. Feeling this wave is easy as hell too!

bread's done
Back