LEGO Deals 3

Thank you!
To make it easier, check Brickseek with the minifig DPCI (204-00-1379)...it's uniform across all series. If you see over 150 or so in stock at any given store, they likely have at least one full case of Disney just sitting in the stockroom. I've been to 3 targets that had nearly 200 minifigs each...all in the back...so I got to feel through fresh cases to complete the set.

If you have a Books-a-Million nearby, check there, too...near the registers with all the other blind bag/box collectibles. They're $1 more expensive than everywhere else, but if you know someone with an Educator discount, it works on LEGO there and brings them down to $4 like everywhere else (I married a teacher...which means, for Architecture at least, I can get 20% off!...it's the only theme the stores around me have a decent selection of; but it works on all LEGO in store).

Also, as a humorous note, after bringing it to the attention of the employees at different Targets that they did not have minifigs out and sifting through a fresh case, do you think they put the rest on the sales floor? Nope...right back to the stockroom. I'm pretty sure the stores near me still have a fresh case or two of series 15 collecting dust...

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if anybody has an extra Revan or by some chance a 30602 First Order Stormtrooper polybag, and would be pilling to part with them for a reasonable price (ie. $20-25 shipped for the pair), I would be most grateful.

Didn't know Revan was going to be that difficult online. I was at the physical store yesterday and it was pretty empty, and they had at least a box full of Revans.

If I had checked here, I would have picked up another one (I bought 2 micro vehicles and have 2 VIP cards).

I am meh in Revan and EU stuff in general but I called my local store to see if they had any and the guy said they only had 100 and they went through them yesterday. Oh well. Will try to at least get the First Order General at TRU

To make it easier, check Brickseek with the minifig DPCI (204-00-1379)...it's uniform across all series. If you see over 150 or so in stock at any given store, they likely have at least one full case of Disney just sitting in the stockroom. I've been to 3 targets that had nearly 200 minifigs each...all in the back...so I got to feel through fresh cases to complete the set.
Fascinating... I searched my area and there are multiple stores with 200+.

I guess finding an Imperial Shuttle Tydirium on clearance for 50% off at Target makes up for no Revan...they had rwo, and a contemplated both to sell the extra minifigs and thus get a super cheap batch of parts...but I held off and left it for another lucky kid or AFOL. Pretty excited about that score...they had 3 at $70 last week and I didn't think they'd last. Now I just need to find an Imperial Assault Carrier for $70 or less...and any leftover JW sets at 50% or better...

Also, as an aside...has anyone else becoke conflicted about how they store/sort their parts? I had all of my sets (except SW) disassembled in bags, but recently got 5 Akro-Mils cabinets to start sort8ing parts by type...but I'm wondering if that's the way to go...part of me just wants to keep a bin for each theme or something...I dunno...

I guess finding an Imperial Shuttle Tydirium on clearance for 50% off at Target makes up for no Revan...they had rwo, and a contemplated both to sell the extra minifigs and thus get a super cheap batch of parts...but I held off and left it for another lucky kid or AFOL. Pretty excited about that score...they had 3 at $70 last week and I didn't think they'd last. Now I just need to find an Imperial Assault Carrier for $70 or less...and any leftover JW sets at 50% or better...

Also, as an aside...has anyone else becoke conflicted about how they store/sort their parts? I had all of my sets (except SW) disassembled in bags, but recently got 5 Akro-Mils cabinets to start sort8ing parts by type...but I'm wondering if that's the way to go...part of me just wants to keep a bin for each theme or something...I dunno...
I do mine buy pieces and stick the different pieces in different containers. I kind of which I've done it by set, but I have too many old ones and random pieces from tag sales and friends. Now I have too many pieces to fit into the containers and no room for them all. But it sounds like you are better planned out then I was, and if you build MOCs then it normally makes it a lot easier.

Anyone get the free advent calendar this weekend and have an opinion on it? I plan on getting the Disney castle plus double points but could potentially just wait until next month for the ornament if there's a double point even then.

Anyone get the free advent calendar this weekend and have an opinion on it? I plan on getting the Disney castle plus double points but could potentially just wait until next month for the ornament if there's a double point even then.
November has a double points the weekend before the snow globe weekend. Your best bet is this month but the Disney Castle is OOS.

I have a few lego stores near me in Atlanta and can call around. I need to make space for it though and would like both freebies but don't have any other major purchases this year. Thanks for confirming November works though.

My son wanted to play with our loose Lego so we started building a castle. The door placement doesn't really make sense so maybe we'll change the baseplate at some point.

fb0f55d334366f03fb5bcf48facf44e9.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Sure it makes sense. It's the same layout as King's Quest 1.
Really? I just thought it would be tough to get much through those double doors since the water was right in front of it, lol. It's funny, my son has gotten into Nexo Knights mostly because of that free minifigure and the free TRU event so he was asking me to build the Fortrex.

I have a few lego stores near me in Atlanta and can call around. I need to make space for it though and would like both freebies but don't have any other major purchases this year. Thanks for confirming November works though.
It works for double points, but you can't get both double points and the snow globe though.

Wait, what? I know double points and S&D aren't allowed but when did stores start eliminating the freebie from double points purchases?
In November double points are one weekend only.

The snow globe is one weekend only.

They aren't the same weekend.

Arkham Asylum looks great! Not as into the Batcave, but I'll probably get it just for Penguin's duck car  =P~

ETA: Just noticed the extra batsuits. Now I'm definitely sold. Is Penguin's umbrella a new piece?

More info for the sets.

Mister Freeze... 200 pieces for $20, comes out November 27th.

Batcave.... 1045 for $100, comes out November 27th.

Asylum.... 1628 for $150, comes out January 1st... but.... the real reason you should lose interest and be disappointed.... TRU Exclusive that will be marked up to $180 and never be on sale.

Asylum.... 1628 for $150, comes out January 1st... but.... the real reason you should lose interest and be disappointed.... TRU Exclusive that will be naked up to $180 and never be on sale.
So we have to run around TRU naked to buy it?

The Batman sets look alright. I'm not sold on them, but the Batcave is the most appealing. Not really sure I care about orange is the new black DC rogue gallery.

So the DC Super Hero Girls are teen versions of Catwoman, Super girl, Wonder Woman, etc. Who is Lashina?
A sexual worker who befriends all the male super heroes besides Batman who clearly is in a complicated enough relationship already with Robin, Superman and Cat'woman'.

I remember seeing that one, not saying I would buy it but it did have some good detail.
I'm sure they will strip the detail out, make it rather blah, then call it Winter Village Fishing Market, yet still charge $250 for it.

And Johnny Number 5 will probably get a minifigure for Dimensions, LEGO loves the 80s.

LEGO Ideas announced the next set that will be released in a year....

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-first-2016-review-stage-winner-announced/

They really need to make the sets come out a little faster than 18 months later.
I remember seeing that one, not saying I would buy it but it did have some good detail.
Kinda hoping it'll be a modular. The missus has been really wanting to setup the Bob's Burger town, and this would go well with the wharf.

LEGO Ideas announced the next set that will be released in a year....

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-first-2016-review-stage-winner-announced/

They really need to make the sets come out a little faster than 18 months later.
I guess it confirms they are will to go modular scale though it doesn't really fit in with the city theme. Not a bad design though. Any guess on whether it will ultimately be under produced and rare due to lack of license tie in a pretty high price?

Edit: Saw on SD that there's a small but surprising discount on some Star Wars UCS stuff:

Sand Crawler $262

Ewok Village $218

I guess it confirms they are will to go modular scale though it doesn't really fit in with the city theme. Not a bad design though. Any guess on whether it will ultimately be under produced and rare due to lack of license tie in a pretty high price?
I go with yes. Everyone had to bitch about the Exo-Suit, then LEGO made too many I think so they could go "Told you so!" so now they go back to not making more than 5.

There is a rumor going around Eurobricks (So yeah take it with a big box full of many grains of salt.) that ALL of this year's NEXO sets will be retired by January 1st. That doesn't mean they were disappear from shelves, just that they won't be making more next year. Which makes some sense, besides the mobile Castle, the storyline is moving on. The only reason LEGO would do this is because they make too many sets already and can't keep up with the demand. Which has been an issue for many years.

EDIT - SD yesterday for like 3 hours had Pet Shop for $119, but when I went to buy it the price was $199.

Barnes & Noble is running 30% off select toys, including over 600 LEGO sets. The discount wasn't working automatically, so I had to call it in, but they adjusted the price while I was on the phone.

So the website Brothers Bricks posted an awesome space ship that was made PARTLY from Mega Bloks. This was the reaction... I'm not kidding at all...

6 hrs

Craig Palmer Why not just 3D print the whole thing then?
Like · Reply · 3 · 9 hrs

Kieran C. Maclachlan Why don't you just start blogging tamiya model kits?
Like · Reply · 2 · 10 hrs

Ryan Howerter • This build still features lots of Lego, and all parts are at the very least lego-compatible.

• It's by a well-known Lego builder. Seriously, look at his older work, it's incredible. So he's been using clone and custom parts more lately—the designs are still amazing. Pierre knows his SNOT....See More
Like · Reply · 7 · 10 hrs · Edited

Cody Dominguez ^No, purism must remain. WE ARE THE SUPREME BEINGS IN THE UNIVERSE! ALL INFERIOR SPECIES MUST BE EXTERMINATED!
Like · Reply · 9 hrs
s

Cody Dominguez Megabloks?

Why not just post pictures of things built from aborted foetuses?
Like · Reply · 1 · 10 hrs

Borut Kozel If TLC would be more user friendly, maybe AFOLs wouldnt have to buy MEGABLOKS to make stunning creations like this...
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs

Cody Dominguez Maybe if AFOLS wouldn't be creatively disabled, they wouldn't need cheaply made, poorly moulded megabloks pieces to do what they can't do with LEGO?
Like · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs
MegaBloks are aborted fetuses. Women AFOL and decent men everywhere are rolling their eyes.

THIS IS THE SHIP...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47881312@N04/29752847170

bread's done
Back