LEGO Deals 3

I should have kept checking yesterday. Missed out on some stuff I would have gotten that's sold out. At least I still got almost everything I wanted.

Wanted that A-Wing set and the Friends Amusement Park. Was going to get both at the Lego store opening, but they were out too.

Ha, looks like they removed the comments to that Mega Blok Brothers-Brick post.
Might have something to do with Trump being a rapist and grabbing every women's pussy because he's rich and white and currently not a democrat. Facebook has had too much talk about pussy recently. As a gay guy I never even want to think about a cute straight couple, never mind orange Kool-Aid man trying to rape some woman.

*Goes to get a drink*

I got the ECTO-1&2 set with the B&N discount. Not too shabby!

Also, found the T-REX set and the Chris Pratt + Raptor Buddies set for $35 each at a local Target the other night. I had a T-REX that I'd previously picked up for $50, so I returned that sucker.

Beatles Yellow Submarine comes out Nov 1st for $60 (550 pcs)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/sweet-strawberry-fields-legos-new-yellow-submarine-com-1787683707

http://brickset.com/article/23950/21306-the-beatles-yellow-submarine-revealed

Looks like Lego significantly redesigned the submarine and minifigures (for the better, IMO). I like the side stripes on the pants. Has Lego done that before?

Original:

1911029-o_19l7o7ba57em1mqbmookjc1vi17-full.png

Final design:

c93pbtfsbihsseov5kq9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big Beatles fan and those minifigures are pretty great but the submarine is a bit boring. Kudos to them for another weird but interesting licensing deal.

The sub is also VERY small for $60, but we should get used to that by now. Or just wait until Lepin makes it for $15.

At least it looks nice!

Who thinks there is a chance for a Beetles level in Dimensions?

The sub is also VERY small for $60, but we should get used to that by now. Or just wait until Lepin makes it for $15.

At least it looks nice!

Who thinks there is a chance for a Beetles level in Dimensions?
It's probably because of the licensing and the 4 new minifigs. Makes the original Ecto-1 look like a steal at $50, though.

Makes the original Ecto-1 look like a steal at $50, though.
I was just thinking that!

I skipped out on the $42 new Echo 1&2 or $42 because I couldn't get myself behind paying that, even for 6 mini figures, for just a car. I wish the 80s one was on sale. So I just ask for the Ideas sets for Christmas.

But let's be real, it's not because of licensing or any bullshit excuse, it's because LEGO knows they could charge $80 it and still sale out.

Who here thinks LEGO overcharges their fans because they can? Everyone? That's funny because you are supposed to be an AFOL!

I like looking at other people's MOCs but every damn passing day I can't put up with stupidity from people who think LEGO is their god and their friend so you can't say ANYTHING that might be negative towards LEGO. LEGO is almost like Star Trek in Futurama, it's become so big it's a religion and needs to be banned.

Or maybe stupid people just need to be bitched slapped. After LEGO fans we will do video game fans and then the 5-6 people who actually like Clinton or Trump.

In LEGO news the rumor going around is that the Batman CMF series will have 20 mini figures, 7 will be Batmans (a bitch to find them all), 10 villains and 3 neutrals.

Those damn dutch, they help create the slave trade, now they charge inflammatory prices to their blind loyal consumers. Thanks for ruining my Friday night Big Daddy. =/

Nobody suffers their hobby quite like Lego fans.
Nintendo fans. Waiting years and years for a game to be released and then all they get is a Shitty overpriced Paper Mario on a shitty overpriced console.

*Waits in the corner for the Animal Crossing New Leaf upgrade to come out* :)

Those damn dutch, they help create the slave trade, now they charge inflammatory prices to their blind loyal consumers. Thanks for ruining my Friday night Big Daddy. =/
You're welcome. And you keep that up you could be my future ex. ;)

Nintendo fans. Waiting years and years for a game to be released and then all they get is a Shitty overpriced Paper Mario on a shitty overpriced console.

*Waits in the corner for the Animal Crossing New Leaf upgrade to come out* :)

You're welcome. And you keep that up you could be my future ex. ;)
Don't forget Starfox zero, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and Tri Force Heroes.

I enjoy Nintendo the most of the big 3 but they make a number of questionable decisions.

I casually enjoy lego and only buy things on clearance or on sale. This group has been a great insight into what I would be getting into if I decided to step up my lego game.

I usually check amazon warehouse for lego deals but I usually only find anti-deals like this

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-10242-Discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B00M0ETSWU/ref=sr_1_117?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1476543810&sr=8-117&keywords=lego

Thanks for listening

Nobody suffers their hobby quite like Lego fans.
You know, I think it was much better just a few years ago. Lego has become aggressively more anti-consumer in the past few years, while raising their prices and lowering piececount/quality. Lego spent a long time buying loyalty, and some people will suffer through it and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone else think Lego has finally reached too far? The B&N sale, all those overpriced Mazes going on sale, and the recent sales of "exclusive" and "hard-to-find" sets. The new RV set has been on sale for more than a week at Target and it's still available.

All this seems to be telling me that retailers are finding it hard to move these sets at regular prices. Big shocker.

But now they're actually doing something about it. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but there seems to be a break in the dam.

I for one buy dramatically fewer Legos than I did just 3 years ago or so. I used to get probably 30+ sets a year. I am down to 2 or 3 (ignoring Dimensions) and those have mostly been for my kid.

Don't forget Starfox zero, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and Tri Force Heroes.

I enjoy Nintendo the most of the big 3 but they make a number of questionable decisions.

I casually enjoy lego and only buy things on clearance or on sale. This group has been a great insight into what I would be getting into if I decided to step up my lego game.

I usually check amazon warehouse for lego deals but I usually only find anti-deals like this

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-10242-Discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B00M0ETSWU/ref=sr_1_117?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1476543810&sr=8-117&keywords=lego

Thanks for listening
That Mini Cooper was $82 yesterday. What are you looking for? There are deals to be found, more so now leading into Christmas. There are some Scooby Doo for 30% and the bad guys Nexo castle for $83.

I for one buy dramatically fewer Legos than I did just 3 years ago or so. I used to get probably 30+ sets a year. I am down to 2 or 3 (ignoring Dimensions) and those have mostly been for my kid.
Every set I have bought this year has been 40-50% off, including the Dimensions. Besides the CMF series because as soon as they retire the price goes up 400%.

Every set I have bought this year has been 40-50% off, including the Dimensions. Besides the CMF series because as soon as they retire the price goes up 400%.
Same with me, but the increase in competition in my area for clearance and Legos exclusion from coupons (especially @ Fred Meyer) has made the steeper discounts harder to find. In the last year I got the Guardians of the Galaxy ship for half off at Barnes & Noble and got the Friends Mall and Ariel's Palace at Fred Meyer for 60% off. That's it except for a couple of polys and Dimensions. It used to be a lot easier to find discounts of 50% off or more. Dimensions have been good though, most fun packs I got I paid less than $4 for (comparable to the polys) and most of the other stuff I got for at least 40% off. I suppose that game has been how I have gotten my Lego fix over the last year.

Same with me, but the increase in competition in my area for clearance and Legos exclusion from coupons (especially @ Fred Meyer) has made the steeper discounts harder to find. In the last year I got the Guardians of the Galaxy ship for half off at Barnes & Noble and got the Friends Mall and Ariel's Palace at Fred Meyer for 60% off. That's it except for a couple of polys and Dimensions. It used to be a lot easier to find discounts of 50% off or more. Dimensions have been good though, most fun packs I got I paid less than $4 for (comparable to the polys) and most of the other stuff I got for at least 40% off. I suppose that game has been how I have gotten my Lego fix over the last year.
From like 2006-2008 to last year I could only rarely find sets for over 30% off. Everything was just regular price, then Christmas hit and nothing was left. Now last year and this year 20% sales have really come back often. Target has them once every 3 months. Then the online prices are already cheaper. Like what has been said, I think LEGO is really fucking themselves over and people are starting to have enough. The LEGO freaks who go "Well inflation" don't seem to get the point 20 years ago the sets had printed pieces, that's extra, much more importantly they had quality control, and the whole way the pieces were made was different. It's a lot cheaper today for LEGO to make pieces than it was because of better tech.

Yeah the Fun Packs I have gotten from $3.50 to $6 (And $6 was Mr. T that just came out). But that also goes to a shift in LEGO focus. Where are the LEGO themes in dimensions? We haven't gotten any in a long time.

And some LEGO rumors, summer City 2017 will be Harbor and Coast Guard, along with maybe hospital and rescue.

Creator Vacation Getaways 31052 normally $70 Target has it for $43, that's 39% off.

Like we were saying yesterday, a lot more discounts online this year than most.

​Also that cube minifigure thing from last year back in stock.

What are the quality issues you guys are talking about? Color variations or missing pieces?

In other news, I picked up this container full if Lego at a yard sale yesterday for $12:

https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Square-Stacking-Basket-Green/dp/B007EE9VUK

In the lot were pieces I needed for the Spanish Armada ship I got in another lot about 7 years ago. That's why I hate getting rid of stuff. I sold some Vikings set parts a while back and ended up getting parts I would've needed in another lot.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

What are the quality issues you guys are talking about? Color variations or missing pieces?

In other news, I picked up this container full if Lego at a yard sale yesterday for $12:

https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Square-Stacking-Basket-Green/dp/B007EE9VUK

In the lot were pieces I needed for the Spanish Armada ship I got in another lot about 7 years ago. That's why I hate getting rid of stuff. I sold some Vikings set parts a while back and ended up getting parts I would've needed in another lot.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
I have a container of 50-80 small pieces, cheese slopes and tiles mainly from the last 3-5 years that are all cracked. I have LEGO from before I was born, like 1982ish, and it's fine. Never mind that the colors rarely do match 100% anymore, it's not as bad as it was several years ago but it's still an issue. Or the fact that a batch of $4 hikers have issues with the campus sitting on the mini figures hand. That's inexcusable for $4.

And Creator sets normally don't have the small special pieces like the Friends theme is so great at. I'm still curious to why Friend Party Town got the old balloon bottom piece while the Angry Birds got a new piece.

Creator Vacation Getaways 31052 normally $70 Target has it for $43, that's 39% off.

Like we were saying yesterday, a lot more discounts online this year than most.

​Also that cube minifigure thing from last year back in stock.
Thanks! Been eyeballing this one and it's in stock for pickup near me.

I have a container of 50-80 small pieces, cheese slopes and tiles mainly from the last 3-5 years that are all cracked. I have LEGO from before I was born, like 1982ish, and it's fine. Never mind that the colors rarely do match 100% anymore, it's not as bad as it was several years ago but it's still an issue. Or the fact that a batch of $4 hikers have issues with the campus sitting on the mini figures hand. That's inexcusable for $4.

And Creator sets normally don't have the small special pieces like the Friends theme is so great at. I'm still curious to why Friend Party Town got the old balloon bottom piece while the Angry Birds got a new piece.
I didn't know what you were talking about until I saw the compass :lol: I actually have a few 1x1 tiles from the 80s that are cracked too. I guess they haven't figured that one out. But yeah, their toys are still selling like crazy so they really have no reason to change.

I want to say I've spent less on Lego, but I think I'm actually about the same since I'm buying the "expert" sets vs. a bunch of smaller sets on clearance.

I'll wait for a Lepin version
YOU'RE WITH THE TERRORISTS! YOU LET THEM WIN! YOU HATE AMERICA AND FREEDOM AND LEGO AND YOU ARE A BAD PERSON AND SHOULD FEEL BAD!

That's pretty much the jist of how I think most LEGO fans think anymore. -.-

Wife is already waiting to order the new modular though... I'm just like "Ugh, more legos."

Going to get a list of our extra polybags together for trading/selling soon though.

I like it too. I don't care for the whole paying tribute to the older modulars, but it's a very nice plaza-esque building.
HOW DARE YOU LIKE IT AND DISAGREE WITH ME!!! :lol:

Besides the price, that's actually my problem with it. It feels too much like older sets, that were downsized and dumbed down. The middle building is way too much like Green Grocery but just 'ehh'. The left side building is what I like most because it feels new, has new colors and just wish that was a $150-$170 set. But in this set it feels tacked on.

My main issue is this is just an excuse so in 2018 they can charge even more for a 1900 piece set. I suspect $190 (Half the size of this one, half the price.)

Plus everyone is like "OMG!!!!11! LOOK AT THE NEW PIECES!". Normally we get something cool, we get a 1x1 with corner studs which is great, but the pie piece will be in Friends sets, there will also be a pizza slice, and I'm actually disappointed in the slanted door frame piece. Just means the wonderful Cafe Corner style doors are really dead.

After years of European AFOLs bitching about every little thing, like us getting sets a few weeks sooner, the new modular is only 210 USD (and dropping) because of the exchange rate is so bad. The UK price has actually dropped i the last few years from 133 Pounds to 120 when the USD goes up $10 every other year. So if this keeps up even a trip to Canada will save you $30 (No clue how much Canadian taxes are.)

Besides the price, that's actually my problem with it. It feels too much like older sets, that were downsized and dumbed down. The middle building is way too much like Green Grocery but just 'ehh'. The left side building is what I like most because it feels new, has new colors and just wish that was a $150-$170 set. But in this set it feels tacked on.

My main issue is this is just an excuse so in 2018 they can charge even more for a 1900 piece set. I suspect $190 (Half the size of this one, half the price.)

Plus everyone is like "OMG!!!!11! LOOK AT THE NEW PIECES!". Normally we get something cool, we get a 1x1 with corner studs which is great, but the pie piece will be in Friends sets, there will also be a pizza slice, and I'm actually disappointed in the slanted door frame piece. Just means the wonderful Cafe Corner style doors are really dead.
Actually, watching the video I thought the homages were a bit lame. Kinda funny though since both Cafe Corner and Green Grocer will be Lepin purchases for me anyway. Also to their defense, sets like Petshop which is close to 200 pieces cost 150 bucks when released and this is double piece count for less than double the cost.

Actually, watching the video I thought the homages were a bit lame. Kinda funny though since both Cafe Corner and Green Grocer will be Lepin purchases for me anyway. Also to their defense, sets like Petshop which is close to 200 pieces cost 150 bucks when released and this is double piece count for less than double the cost.
That is true, but how many of those pieces are 1x1 round plates? I actually stopped buying them after the Grand Emporium. I'm missing Market Street, but at least I can complete a city block. It was getting too expensive and I don't have room for them. I do really like the Palace Cinema and the Parisian Restaurant, but I doubt I'll get them.

My only concern about the Lepin sets is how much they will hold value. You are almost surely going to make money if you sell a used Lego building in a few years, but will you be able to make your money back with the Lepin set? Hell, I could sell my Cafe Corner and buy all the remaining buildings I need :lol:

edit: I guess not all, but I can at least buy 2 or 3.

That is true, but how many of those pieces are 1x1 round plates? I actually stopped buying them after the Grand Emporium. I'm missing Market Street, but at least I can complete a city block. It was getting too expensive and I don't have room for them. I do really like the Palace Cinema and the Parisian Restaurant, but I doubt I'll get them.

My only concern about the Lepin sets is how much they will hold value. You are almost surely going to make money if you sell a used Lego building in a few years, but will you be able to make your money back with the Lepin set? Hell, I could sell my Cafe Corner and buy all the remaining buildings I need :lol:
I've bought all the modulars and tend to love the build experience enough to keep doing it. Don't buy any small sets due to storage issues in the house. Anything Lepin I buy is purely for personal use since I'd agree that resale is not a good idea. Lepin is kinda low on my priorities since I also need to get the Brick Bank but I'm getting a little more serious if Lego can actually get production stopped. I haven't bought any yet but I'd likely get Green Grocer and Market Street and maybe a UCS or two before I retired from the gray market,

Also to their defense, sets like Petshop which is close to 200 pieces cost 150 bucks when released and this is double piece count for less than double the cost.
Yeah I know and the Death Star cost twice as much and blah blah blah. But the pricing differences in the countries is a massive turn off. Europe has a 17.9% (I think it's that.) luxury tax on things like LEGO, and yet it's still cheaper.

LEGO is just going to make the price for these sets higher and higher and higher. i will not be surprised if we reach $200 and get less than $2,000 pieces.

Plus the set just isn't that great. It's very weirdly designed, and I'm sick of that orangey color on the corner building. It just doesn't feel complete to me. Like they had a bunch of ideas, couldn't choose one so they just dumb down the whole thing and for the price I was thinking about something amazing. And it's just not. Even thought the Ghostbuster HQ is $70 for only 600 more pieces I feel like that's worth it more.

Yeah I know and the Death Star cost twice as much and blah blah blah. But the pricing differences in the countries is a massive turn off. Europe has a 17.9% (I think it's that.) luxury tax on things like LEGO, and yet it's still cheaper.

LEGO is just going to make the price for these sets higher and higher and higher. i will not be surprised if we reach $200 and get less than $2,000 pieces.

Plus the set just isn't that great. It's very weirdly designed, and I'm sick of that orangey color on the corner building. It just doesn't feel complete to me. Like they had a bunch of ideas, couldn't choose one so they just dumb down the whole thing and for the price I was thinking about something amazing. And it's just not. Even thought the Ghostbuster HQ is $70 for only 600 more pieces I feel like that's worth it more.
Well I'm surprised at the UK price and think it might even be a typo. Most UK sets are 169.99 which is about $210 USD, about 10 bucks over the price of the 199.99 US MSRP. I won't argue that Lego is price gouging but I'd be interested to see if the price per piece has actually gone up over the years.

Well I'm surprised at the UK price and think it might even be a typo. Most UK sets are 169.99 which is about $210 USD, about 10 bucks over the price of the 199.99 US MSRP. I won't argue that Lego is price gouging but I'd be interested to see if the price per piece has actually gone up over the years.
What set are you talking about? The new set is $280, or about $70 more than the UK price. The modulars in the UK have been 120 and 133 Pounds the last few years.

Always there are new sale items at S@H. Nothing really special but some older Dimensions are half off, like the Portal 2 and Doctor who Levels and several fun packs. Also the weir looking vampire is $5, so half off.

Also these 8 old Dimensions are 2 for $5 at Five Below the next few days. Also if you are lazy they have them online for $5 shipping.

https://www.fivebelow.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=%22lego+dimensions%22

Got the First Order Star Destroyer poly at Walmart yesterday for $3.92. Much better than the $9.99 I saw it marked at Best Buy last month

Cause the First Order Star Destroyer was a pre-order bonus for Lego Star Wars at Best Buy. Best Buy does weird pricing for their leftover pre-order bonuses. Sometimes it's $20, sometimes it's $0.01.

Yes I'm well aware it was their preorder set. I just still find it hilarious that they have no idea how to price a 56 pc Lego set.

bread's done
Back