LEGO Deals 3

It's difficult, but there are some sets that aren't on sale but do have free shipping. Some highlights:

4644 City Harbour Marina 49.99 -> 34.99
7346 Creator Seaside House 49.99 -> 34.99
6869 Avengers Quinjet 69.99 -> 49.99
9509 Star Wars Advent Calendar 49.99 -> 34.99
9499 Star Wars Gungan Sub 69.99 -> 49.99
8088 Star Wars Arc-170 Starfighter 59.99 -> 41.99
9472 LotR Attack on Weathertop 59.99 -> 41.99
9473 LotR Mines of Moria 79.99 -> 59.99
3818 SpongeBob Bikini Bottom Undersea Party 49.99-> 34.99
4193 Pirates London Escape 49.99 -> 34.99

Those pages will say Free shipping for $49+, but all of those items qualify for free 2 Day shipping all by themselves. That will show up in the cart.

If you're in CA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, PA, TX, WA you get taxed.

Amazon has the SW Advent Calendar for 38.35

Last edited by a moderator:
blah thats a great price for the quinjet, even after tax. I got mine when target had them for 54.99 and ended up paying like $60 something after tax.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']blah thats a great price for the quinjet, even after tax. I got mine when target had them for 54.99 and ended up paying like $60 something after tax.[/QUOTE]

Aaaand it looks good, 'cause I got it wrong. Should be 49.99, which is still good, but not as good.

Somebody asked about the Walmart ad:

CAM00013.jpg

CAM00015.jpg

Has it been corrected yet? Only two days to go...

I guess you could technically try to price match it...but most managers probably wouldn't authorize a 60% discount on a relatively new product. Do you think it's worth a shot?

Lego S@H added some LEHO Batman video games for sale, I didn't really check the prices.

However the $5 AC set is listed at 98 cents, but sold out. I own at least 6 of those sets, I would 20 of them if they come back in stock randomly. Might be worth keeping an eye on. Seems it was added / in stock on the 13th. I was on vacation, whichI saw it. 75% off after tax and shipping is nice. And I would have had an army. :)

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Alien-Striker-7049

Yeah I've been eyeing that page for a week and nothing has changed. It seems kind of soon to put the LEGO Batman 2 games on sale, but I imagine it'll drop in price quickly (especially the Vita version).

[quote name='180husher']Somebody asked about the Walmart ad:

CAM00013.jpg

CAM00015.jpg
[/QUOTE]

HOLY fuck. Now THAT is a discount. Glad I didn't pick it up from Target a week or so ago when it was 20% off or whatever; it was $72.xx at local Targets IIRC since it was $89.99 regular. If I don't get a copy of the ad in today, tomorrow, or Sunday's LA Times, I will hit the ghetto Walmart up Sunday and see if I can score any, or at least get a copy of the ad if not available, and PM at Target.

Yoyo.com sale.... Use code yoyo for 20% off...

Batcave 6860 - $47.52 with discount code - 32% off

http://www.yoyo.com/p/lego-super-heroes-the-batcave-6860-690-pcs-339999

Batwing Battle Over Gotham City 6863 - $23.79 with discount code - 32% off

http://www.yoyo.com/p/lego-super-heroes-batwing-battle-over-gotham-city-6863-272641

LEGO Super Heroes Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout 6868 - $35.99 with discount code - 28% off

http://www.yoyo.com/p/lego-super-heroes-hulks-helicarrier-breakout-6868-389-pcs-339654

i got the minifigure collection 2 today that I would like to trade for a different minfigure collection (1,3,4, all girls). let me know, or send me to the correct forum.

The Mine did ring up this morning at Wal-Mart for $39.97, much to my amazement. No shelf tag reflecting that, but it is in the system.

[quote name='sydra']The Mine did ring up this morning at Wal-Mart for $39.97, much to my amazement. No shelf tag reflecting that, but it is in the system.[/QUOTE]

Wow. It's still $90 on the website, so it looks like I'll be price matching this morning. Even the online copy of the ad still has it at $39.97.

[quote name='sydra']The Mine did ring up this morning at Wal-Mart for $39.97, much to my amazement. No shelf tag reflecting that, but it is in the system.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

I also grabbed The Mine, but I had to have them manually adjust the price (showing them a print out of the price from walmart.com's "view local ad" tab) a few minutes after midnight, but maybe their system doesn't update immediately.

Ugh... now I'll have to find on of the Walmarts I don't hate and.... enter... a Walmart....

I'll need to shower afterwards. :lol:

walmart wouldn't do the mine for me this morning....TRU knew about price error - no go...I had no problem matching at Target and got the additional 5% with red card :)

I have a favor to ask of a fellow CAG'r....I used my monthly 10% off lego coupon from the magazine at store the other day...then wife tells me to buy the Monster Castle before halloween...who am I to tell her no...anyone have a 10% coupon they are not going to use - I will compensate for the postage etc to get it to me :)

much appreciated

[quote name='scp89']I have a favor to ask of a fellow CAG'r....I used my monthly 10% off lego coupon from the magazine at store the other day...then wife tells me to buy the Monster Castle before halloween...who am I to tell her no...anyone have a 10% coupon they are not going to use - I will compensate for the postage etc to get it to me :)

much appreciated[/QUOTE]

Target has all Monster Fighters on sale this week. The Castle is $80.25 and Amazon has matched that too.

thanks...didn't realize target was less than the price at the lego store even without being on sale...since when is the Lego store more than MSRP? or is Target normal price less than MSRP???

thanks all

[quote name='scp89']thanks...didn't realize target was less than the price at the lego store even without being on sale...since when is the Lego store more than MSRP? or is Target normal price less than MSRP???

thanks all[/QUOTE]

It's not? He said Target is having a sale.

Got Target to pricematch the Mine set early this morning...probably didn't hurt that I was dressed for church and may have actually looked respectable. Too bad my son was with me...this will not be a set from Santa now.

I picked up 2 of these at Walmart .. They scanned that price so no need to talk to a manager .. That set should have never been $90 to start with ..

Yeah, the CAG in me sees the outrageous sale amount and wants to get it.....but I'm not going to because that set looks pretty boring to me. Still, if you like the set, that deal is f-ing killer.

My daughter wants to make a MOC of the cave scene from the Hunger Games, so a lot of the pieces from this mine set will be useful. Might just sell the extra vehicles to get some money back.

Yeah I only want the set for the mini figures and the truck. Everything else I'd stick in my "way too big to be buying more LEGOs" tubs.

I ended up picking the MINE set up for my son. He is two and honestly it will probably sit in the box for two years. I'm not a HUGE LEGO collector or anything, but on great deals, it's always good to stock up on gifts for the kids. I now have this and the Toys R Us Semi Truck I got for like $20 last year.

I got it at TARGET also, and got 5% back for RED CARD. Excellent deal...thanks WalMart.

I got 2. Ordered one for pickup in the early AM and grabbed another while at the store.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Yeah, the CAG in me sees the outrageous sale amount and wants to get it.....but I'm not going to because that set looks pretty boring to me. Still, if you like the set, that deal is f-ing killer.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's a pretty lame looking set but I picked up a couple just for the pieces. $40 for 750 pieces is pretty solid. Plus gray is one color I'm lacking.

[quote name='Corvin']I got 2. Ordered one for pickup in the early AM and grabbed another while at the store.

Agreed. It's a pretty lame looking set but I picked up a couple just for the pieces. $40 for 750 pieces is pretty solid. Plus gray is one color I'm lacking.[/QUOTE]

You don't collect Star Wars Legos then :lol:.

[quote name='180husher']You don't collect Star Wars Legos then :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Clone Wars has lots of colors. =P

I slipped by the Lego isle when I went to the store earlier, I don't know if anybody bought up the whole stock or if it was pulled. The did have an empty spot for it, I was there around 10ish in the morning so who knows. I'm not in a hurry for that set or really want it to begin with.

One WM had the Hulk carrier for 25.00 even. Wasn't a red tag either. had 2 left, but way YMMV.

I don't know why it's that price but it rang up that much.

[quote name='xycury']One WM had the Hulk carrier for 25.00 even. Wasn't a red tag either. had 2 left, but way YMMV.

I don't know why it's that price but it rang up that much.[/QUOTE]

Because it's a shittier set than the mine. :lol:

[quote name='180husher']You don't collect Star Wars Legos then :lol:.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Nope. I have the Falcon and a couple of the sub $20 sets but I have 2 girls so I'm mostly into the Creator and [now] Friends series.

I also have the first SW Collector Series TIE Interceptor. Bought that when it came out and had no idea the series would be so cool. Didn't buy another set until I had kids. Looking back I wish I kept up with it, I would have bought the CS Falcon in a heartbeat.

I live around a bunch of shitty asshole resellers apparently, who hit (I presume every) Wal-Mart in the area at midnight and bought up all the Mine sets they could get their grubby hands on. I discovered this after going to one store and calling about 7 other stores and talking to the toy departments. Everyone was like "Yeah some guy came in early in the morning and bought them all". After hearing the same story at each store I called, I gave up on Wal-Mart and focused on Target. Well they had also hit several local Targets with the Wal-Mart ad and price matched. The first Target I went to had a big fat empty space on the shelf. Rather than drive around all over town, I started calling Targets. Finally I found a Target not too far away with 1 Mine left and had it put on hold. Took some work, but I got in on this great deal too. Seriously though why do these scalper people have to buy every damn thing?
I also hit one Toys R' Us on the way to Target. They had tons of Mines, but weren't price matching due to an "email" from "Wal-Mart". Toys R Us is just outright lying in my opinion. They claimed Wal-Mart emailed every Toys R Us and told them not to price match their misprinted ad. Okay so why didn't they email Target too? Sorry TRU, but I don't buy it. Why would Wal-Mart give a shit about you losing out on $70 per set of your own inventory? I think the TRU corporate people knew they would be screwed with the new price match policy and this Wal-Mart ad, so TRU corporate was the one that actually sent that email, not Wal-Mart. They are quick, I'll give them that. They have a very specific and strict ad requirement and this Wal-Mart ad fit all the right criteria for them to do a price match and they had to stop it somehow. This fake "email" story is the perfect disclaimer. I guarantee you that any awesome deal in a valid ad in the future will get the same price match denial and story (lie!) from TRU. "It was a misprint so we can't match it, sorry" BULLSHIT!!!
Okay rant over. LOL :bouncy:

Went to the lone Walmart in LA, the ghetto Crenshaw mall location, and they not only had none of the mine sets anywhere on the floor, no shelf tag either, but they had last weeks ads out only, piles of them.

No one could find a copy OC this weeks as so I assumed they had pulled them because of the price fuck ups, but nope this store is just so shitty they had the ads still in their boxes in a back room. Got a few copies to do price match at target for the bonus 5% off plus an additional 5% off bonus offer I got in the mail.

Note the Walmart ad also has the gandalf arrival set advertised for a ridiculous $29.97.

Can anyone tell me if the Toys R Us 20% $100 or more coupon that came in emails yesterday is valid on regular-priced Lego purchases? I was thinking about getting a couple of the Halloween sets. Wasn't sure if the Bricktober free figures would disqualify the coupon based on 'excludes sale items and promotional offers'.

Happened to be at Target on Sunday for Skylanders, they were out of the Mine, didn't have a WM ad yet. Went to WM today while I was out and picked up and ad but they were out of the Mine, didn't even see a shelf label. However, I did notice they had 7572 Prince of Persia set, Quest Against Time, which I know is older, scanned for $25 so I pickeed it up. I think MSRP is $50. I'll try to find the mine at another Target so I can get the extra 5% on my red card. I actually think the Mine looks kind of cool.

Is the Walmart ad usually at the front of the store? At Target, do you guys PM at the checkout counter or at customer service?

The Mine scanned at that price in WM which was nice. I don't think it's a price mistake, and TRU calling it out like that are complete dicks.

I WISH there was a TRU close enough so I can waste my time fighting with them.

Their price match policy will get an addition of "Max discount 5%".

It would have been hilarious to see all the mines go out for a loss of $70 because you know they have them 10% above MSRP.

With Target's price matching, you may need a shift manager, but you can do it at the register.

I had to PM at TARGET at the Customer Service desk. She said that is the only place to do it. Worked out well. I'm thinking of getting a 2nd since this deal seems great, but I won't probably.

I got two of the Mine from Target last night, pricematched at customer service for $39.97 each plus a 5% off your Target purchase card that came in the mail plus an additional 5% off for Target redcard. Worked out to $72.xx plus tax. I was pretty apprehensive that they would not do the pricematch when the CS gal took the ad to a manager or would limit me to one, but he came back and adjusted the price on both of them as well as took the 5% discount card.

Heh, just about every Target in LA has been wiped out of the mine. On top of that, seems people are calling Targets and having the employees put them "on hold" or "reserved" behind the electronics counter or at customer service in the front, obviously to come in later and attempt price matches with the Walmart ad. Apparently Target will hold an item for 24 hours/until close of business, but there is no real verification process of the reservation.

The set is pretty damn nice, lots of gold and "precious metal" pieces , lots of TNT and interesting construction pieces. Great construction addition for the town/city. I got that new police truck with the gold mine (and a crook who just happens to be stealing a gold bar...from a gold mine...guess the mine also had a equipment for melting/refining any gold found) during the Target summer clearance for something ridiculous, like $8, so it will go great with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toys R Us has a Bricktober event on Saturday the 27th. I've never done one, but plan on taking my daughter. What time should I get there? Is there like a huge line usually? Says 12-2pm

Just depends on your area, the last one I went to (superman/batman) we got there around 30-45 minutes early and they just happened to start at that time.

bread's done
Back