LEGO Deals 3

In my experience the "Sold Out" means nothing on S@H, I have seen sale ideas come and go 10 times from "sold out". Sold out there just seems to mean "we ran out and not sure when we will get more", otherwise the set itself disappears.

I'd wait a few days and see what happens, but I wouldn't "worry" until Amazon stops carrying them, which they haven't because they keep jumping from $17-$18 to $20.

The deal is dead. There I talked you out of it. :lol:

It's back to $400 minus 20% so it's $320 now WITH the sale. Target.com is getting to be as bad as TRU.

Has anyone gotten any emails from Lego about an after Christmas sale? Years past they have had decent sales, but after this Black Friday "sale" I'm not expecting anything.

[quote name='blandstalker']Thanks to toysnbricks.com, Target is having a daily deal on Legos.

http://www.target.com/dailydeals

You can get the Super Star Destroyer for $256, with an additional 5% off if you have a red card. The 20% discount is applied after you add it to the cart.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, for posting this!

[quote name='scp89']Someone talk me out of buying the star destroyer[/QUOTE]

Talk you out, shoot.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The deal is dead. There I talked you out of it. :lol:
It's back to $400 minus 20% so it's $320 now WITH the sale. Target.com is getting to be as bad as TRU.

Has anyone gotten any emails from Lego about an after Christmas sale? Years past they have had decent sales, but after this Black Friday "sale" I'm not expecting anything.[/QUOTE]

I quickly went to Target to check out when I saw scp89's post only to be bewildered and see your post.

='(

[quote name='bigdaddy']The deal is dead. There I talked you out of it. :lol:

Has anyone gotten any emails from Lego about an after Christmas sale? Years past they have had decent sales, but after this Black Friday "sale" I'm not expecting anything.[/QUOTE]

Up until last year the sales on the day after Christmas were amazing. Last year was severely disappointing though.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Up until last year the sales on the day after Christmas were amazing. Last year was severely disappointing though.[/QUOTE]

Ohh... OK. I don't remember last year. :lol:

Skiizim, I'm not trying to be a dick here, but yes I know all about the Retiring Soon page at Lego Shop At Home. I'm not a Lego newbie. ;) But before that page was created, several sets were already marked as sold out. Therefore if they were going out of print anyway, Lego would not have bothered putting them in the Retiring section. They still haven't shown back up in stock yet. Example - the Walmart exclusive Recycle Truck. Around this time of year I monitor sold out sets closely so that I can make a decision to buy them elsewhere and then I won't get stuck having to pay crazy eBay prices down the road. I've been checking on them and keeping a list since long before the Retiring Soon page went up. I was just wondering if any Lego insiders knew for sure about the $20 City sets since they've been sold out for awhile. If OOP, I'll be heading out to get a few...

Someone asked if the $20 City sets would come back into stock at S@H. I don't think they are, they are gone from Amazon now. Just because Lego has a "retiring soon" page doesn't mean every set will be placed in there.

The best bet is to buy them from Target's BOGO50%. Of course the set I want most (car and caravan) they jacked the price up 33%!

They really have turned into TRU.

[quote name='skiizim']I can't remember last year either, I do remember the train tracks but I think that was 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was 2 years ago... I still remember seeing a stack of $7.49 curve/straight packs of tracks at Lego store and passing on them. God I regret not picking them up... Those things go for ridiculous money now that they "retired" the proper curve piece. Of course I didn't realize it at the time because I hadn't gotten into Lego Trains yet. Now that I have a few trains though, it would be nice to have the "good" curve track pieces.

Oh really? Curve track is expensive? A few years ago Lego was clearing out the 9V things and I bought an insane amount. I still have several boxes of straight and curved in their boxes and only paid about $5.25 a box.

I drove 2 hours away to get some straight/curve track when they went on clearance. This particular Lego store had like 50 boxes. I bought 20...kept 10 for us and ebayed the rest for double and triple what I paid. Now I regret not getting every box they had as we have 6 different motorized trains and that ghost train I still have to work on someday. Nothing cooler than having a bunch of trains running around each other on multiple tracks.

Not amazing, but WalMart has a bundle of the Spiderman Doc Oc Ambush + Captain America's Avenging Cycle for $34. (So basically Cap is $4) Some other bundles too. That Doc Oc set is WM exclusive. Has some odd pieces in light blue. Get it, then put that boxed copy of Captain America in your attic, wait five years, sell for $700.

I got in on that Super Star Destroyer deal at Target before it went back up to $399.99. Plus 4% cash back at ebates along with my 5% off using RedCard. Now to decide if I want to keep it sealed or put it together. We don't have any other Star Wars sets.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Not amazing, but WalMart has a bundle of the Spiderman Doc Oc Ambush + Captain America's Avenging Cycle for $34. (So basically Cap is $4) Some other bundles too. That Doc Oc set is WM exclusive. Has some odd pieces in light blue. Get it, then put that boxed copy of Captain America in your attic, wait five years, sell for $700.[/QUOTE]

The Doc Oc Ambush isn't a Walmart exclusive, btw.
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Spider-Man-s-Doc-Ock-Ambush-6873

The 2013 Friend sets are out. They are horribly girly with a girl on a jet ski! So stereotypical for a 12 year old girl. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']The 2013 Friend sets are out. They are horribly girly with a girl on a jet ski! So stereotypical for a 12 year old girl. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I swear to god I read girl on girl jet ski, I had to give it a double take.

[quote name='skiizim']I swear to god I read girl on girl jet ski, I had to give it a double take.[/QUOTE]

Well we know what kind of MOCs you're building.:lol:

My store (Rockefeller Center) got in the Cuusoo set 21101 Hayabusa. From what I know, we're the first Lego brand store to get any of the Cuusoo sets. Hopefully we'll be the store selected for the limited run of Minecraft as well.

[quote name='skiizim']I swear to god I read girl on girl jet ski, I had to give it a double take.[/QUOTE]

Now those are my kind of Friends!

[quote name='brotterr']$170 for an open and complete hogwarts castle and diagon alley .. Do you guys think this is a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good deal. DA is $150 and HC is $130 so about a 40% discount.

so did anyone order the Lego Star Destroyer from Target the other day??? I got an email from Target CS about them not wanting to honor the price

^I didn't order one, but a bunch of people over at the Brickset forums are saying they've already received shipment confirmation on theirs.

Yoyo is having another sale, including the increasingly difficult to find $20 City sets. Just type in LEGO20 to have 20% more on certain sets...

The Ambulance is $13.59
Orange Tipper Truck $15.99
Green Garbage Truck $15.99
Town Car and Caravan $17.99 (Not an extra 20% off set, but hard to find, and Target has it listed for $30 online)
Lighthouse $27.19
Superman $13.59
Captain America $8.83
The Flying Dutchman $16.99

There are many more, take a look. All the Star Wars sets are included in the 20%. Not sure if there is a limit on the bigger sets.

And Massholes, our asshole governor and Amazon made an agreement to throw the Constitution away and change sales tax on Amazon purchases starting November 1, 2013, even though the Supreme Court ruled in 1994 you can't have sales tax for online purchases unless there is a store in the state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed some clearance at Target today. 30% off some city sets (3661 bank robbery and the orange dump truck) that stacked with the B1G1 50% off. Also some Star Wars sets: the older planet sets, the Naboo starfighter and Geonosian fighter.

This was only at one of the two Targets that I stopped at today, so keep in mind it's YMMV. But with the stacking, the city sets are almost 50% off msrp.

[quote name='bigdaddy']And Massholes, our asshole governor and Amazon made an agreement to throw the Constitution away and change sales tax on Amazon purchases starting November 1, 2013, even though the Supreme Court ruled in 1994 you can't have sales tax for online purchases unless there is a store in the state.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club, it's bound to happen. The internet was barely emerging when the supreme court made that rule. It does suck especially with bigger purchases but it makes you more of a bargain shopper and makes you spend less money!

[quote name='skiizim']Welcome to the club, it's bound to happen. The internet was barely emerging when the supreme court made that rule. It does suck especially with bigger purchases but it makes you more of a bargain shopper and makes you spend less money![/QUOTE]

Yes, but in the last 18 years the Supreme Court hasn't changed their decision, meaning it should still be the law. if the states don't like that they can sue and bring the case back to the SC.

Maybe we the people should sue Amazon and the state. :lol:

Sounds good, but I'm still waiting on my Helm's Deep from weeks ago.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yoyo is having another sale, including the increasingly difficult to find $20 City sets. Just type in LEGO20 to have 20% more on certain sets...

The Ambulance is $13.59
Orange Tipper Truck $15.99
Green Garbage Truck $15.99
Town Car and Caravan $17.99 (Not an extra 20% off set, but hard to find, and Target has it listed for $30 online)
Lighthouse $27.19
Superman $13.59
Captain America $8.83
The Flying Dutchman $16.99

There are many more, take a look. All the Star Wars sets are included in the 20%. Not sure if there is a limit on the bigger sets.

And Massholes, our asshole governor and Amazon made an agreement to throw the Constitution away and change sales tax on Amazon purchases starting November 1, 2013, even though the Supreme Court ruled in 1994 you can't have sales tax for online purchases unless there is a store in the state.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crowbb']Sounds good, but I'm still waiting on my Helm's Deep from weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live? Some people on Toys and Bricks were complaining that the delivery company failed to deliver they packages and had to have all their orders (from several different sites) canceled. I think the company name began with a Q.

I bought the lighthouse, car and caravan, superman, and The Sponge Bob pirate set (my first SB set). I was going to grab the ambulance for the cool minifigures and green bike, and the dump truck, but I have at least one of each from several years back.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Where do you live? Some people on Toys and Bricks were complaining that the delivery company failed to deliver they packages and had to have all their orders (from several different sites) canceled. I think the company name began with a Q.[/QUOTE]

Yoyo is on Amazon under the name Quidsi Retail LLC. My last order from YoYo actually came in a Soap.com box. My wife thought it was a present for her and didnt open it thank goodness. Lol

Need the wisdom of the community on this one - should I buy Jabba's Palace with the free bear and amazon card promo for $95? Please convince or deter me ...

If you have a Fred Meyer nearby, they have Jabba's Palace on sale for $99.99 plus a flyer coupon of 10% off Toys, making it $90. But you wouldn't get a free bear...

Haha, I think I better be fiscally responsible and wait for a clearance someday ... even if that day may never come. The set is a bit overpriced and I probably shouldn't be using a free bear as some sort of justifiable incentive to pick it up.

I hate to say it, but Jabba's Palace is one of my favorite sets this year--maybe my favorite. It's smaller than you want it to be, and yes, it's overpriced, but it's really well done. Great colors, nice part selection and a minifig lineup that can't be beat. If you can find it on any type of sale, I recommend it. Best SW set in ages. I found mine for $90--no regrets.

[quote name='cassidyarch']$21 is justified, it IS the girl on girl jetski set.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']You guys need to get laid.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

lol... >_<

[quote name='TheHelix']Did anyone see the new TMNT and Space Galaxy sets at TRU?[/QUOTE]

I saw them last week at TRU, they seemed pretty cool. My buddy told me that it seems like TMNT is making a comeback this year and the shelves were looking bare for the figures and Lego.

[quote name='TheHelix']Did anyone see the new TMNT and Space Galaxy sets at TRU?[/QUOTE]

Nah. No one goes to TRU except to steal things and yell at people.

Besides Prim. He goes there to watch the stealers and get yelled at. ;)

bread's done
Back