LEGO Deals 3

Toys and Bricks has some Summer set names.

What I find interesting is....

LEGO Castle is coming back this summer! Available August 2013. The logo will be the same as the 2007 one, but packaging will be yellow.

70400 Forest Ambush
70401 Gold Getaway
70402 The Gatehouse Raid
70403 Dragon Mountain
70404 King’s Castle

Now I know Castle was supposed to return which was weird in itself, but I thought castle meant Kingdoms and not actually Castle. I wonder if it will be a continuation of Castle 2006 or Kingdoms, or something new.

And the City sets sound a lot better than the Fire / Police / Crack House sets we just got...

June 2013 (Coast Guard)

60011 Surfer Rescue
60012 4×4 & Diving Boat
60014 Coast Guard Patrol
60015 Coast Guard Plane
June 2013 (Various Categories)

60023 City Starter Set (comes with a mini fire truck and a ambulance)
60025 Grand Prix Truck
60027 Monster Truck Transporter
July 2013 (Cargo)

60019 Stunt Plane
60020 Cargo Truck
60021 Cargo Heliplane
60022 Cargo Terminal

Went to a few Walmarts today and found some decent unpicked-over deals. At the last one I finally ran into another adult Lego shopper. He had a Black Pearl and was scanning several other sets while talking on his cell phone. I also saw one last Black Pearl for $50 and grabbed it. He greeted me at the scanner and said he's been hitting Walmarts all morning. I asked if he was a dealer and he said no but was buying for his kids for 2013 gifts. He asked if I really wanted my BP. I said yes, but hey you already got one right? Later he kept coming back to chat with me. Guess what? When I went to check out my BP was mysteriously missing. My fault I suppose for not paying closer attention to my cart.
I totally spaced out I guess, but someone had swiped it from my cart right in front of me because I had my hand on it at all times. I assume the thief was probably that guy who now seems he actually was a dealer if he was indeed the swiper. I doubt a dad would do that nor would his kid need 2 BPs. What an asshole!

[quote name='Zepp-Head']I doubt a dad would do that nor would his kid need 2 BPs. What an asshole![/QUOTE]

Are you new to the LEGO ways? Parents are assholes. When looking for LEGO deals i never stick them in a cart, people steal them.

And I have fucked around with LEGO mom bitches. Each have 5 of the same set, when they aren't looking I take one and stick it in shoes. They never have sets I want when I run into them, but I would be an asshole and seal them from a cart, no need for that. I can't stand people like that. Their husbands who don't actually do any work yet get paid $100k a year can live buy paying full price.

I can't really see how Castle could be boring, those sets look amazing, even the Castle. And having a dragon not the most expensive is great.

I hope they have this set, and another refresh later for christmas.

Space Galaxy looks great too for it's future sets. Not too big on the humans though, I like the bugs better.

City sets look good too, not too plain looking.

I managed to pick up the Recycle truck ($14), Mining dump truck ($17), Dino Tower ($12), and 2 Fire ATVs ($2.5) and a handful of ninjago boosters for just $2.

I loved the Dino tower so much I had to get another. the rest I didn't have so it was nice to fill it with sales.

Series 5 for a $1, insane... makes me want to get 20 more Dwarfs.

The Castle sets all look very flat, no real detail. Of course hard to tell from the pictures that are tiny. And the bad guy set looks just like the good guy ones. Need more colors used.

[quote name='skiizim']Lot's of good sets on sale,

Found a Harbor set for $45, Pod Racer for $35, Sith Infiltrator for $27, those were those most notably discounted sets to pick up. I did find a shelf tag for the Millennium Falcon for $79 but good luck with that one. Finally after 2 or so years they put Luke's Speeder on clearance $12.

I can confirm the mini figures for $1, I found a plethora of them but left them all alone because the I didn't want to bother with them.

EDIT: Star Wars advent calender 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Damn , at my local Walmart's I have watched the Luke's Speeder for a year and I have never seen it on sale.It was always 24.99.Then on Black Friday they were all bought and I haven't seen one since.
I was just curious around where in California are you at.
My local Target's and Walmart must be crap.I can never find any good sets on clearance.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Castle sets all look very flat, no real detail. Of course hard to tell from the pictures that are tiny. And the bad guy set looks just like the good guy ones. Need more colors used.[/QUOTE]

This is just my opinion but I have been buying the Castle Themes since the 1980's and I find these new sets very disappointing and I agree with a lot of what has been said.
I loved the recent Kingdoms theme and thought it was some of my favorite sets since the 1980's-early 1990's Castle sets.
I loved the Kingdoms Joust set and was hoping we would get more like that.I was hoping we would get sets with the Black Falcon Knights since one was in the last set made.
The Blue and Black Black Falcon knights from the 1980's are still my all time favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Zepp, that sucks... Swiper, no swiping!

Can't believe they're coming out with another Republic Gunship too. Time to sell my sealed 7676.

At least the new castle has a gate house so the eurobrickers won't be complaining about that.

Yo, Zepp-Head, just look for online listings with two new BP's in your area. If the quantity isn't shown, email the seller asking if another is available. That could help you track down the guy who ripped you off....if you're looking to get even.

@Zepp-Head, what a dick! I don't know what I would have done if I would have seen this or if this had been done to me, I guess a lesson learned.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Damn , at my local Walmart's I have watched the Luke's Speeder for a year and I have never seen it on sale.It was always 24.99.Then on Black Friday they were all bought and I haven't seen one since.
I was just curious around where in California are you at.
My local Target's and Walmart must be crap.I can never find any good sets on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Inland Empire, what about you?

I saw that too, pretty sweet looking set, looks just as good as the Cafe Corner! What is up with LEGO using "Expert" on their sets now?

[quote name='skiizim']I saw that too, pretty sweet looking set, looks just as good as the Cafe Corner! What is up with LEGO using "Expert" on there sets now?[/QUOTE]

It's the new thing. All the exclusive sets will have that label.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Hooray the return of fantasy Castle!

Pictures!
http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/download/file.php?id=2725&mode=view

The colors match Castle 2007-2008!!!

(Too bad they look boring.)

Some other pictures too...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37049087@N02/sets/72157632347188995/with/8312560790/[/QUOTE]

Great find! Glad to see pictures finally come around. I'm really hoping these are a huge hit so we can see a few waves.

Brickset has an image of the new Cinema Modular due for 2013. I find the comments section to be comedy. It seems like everyone in there thinks this is the most 'amazing', 'beautiful', 'fantastic' set ever! :roll:

Hit up one of my local Wal-marts this morning. they had all the new Chima stuff out and the new fire station. I grabbed a couple of the cheaper Chima sets to check them out. I really hate every last one of their vehicles, but some of the minifigs are cool and will go into my generic fantasy/castle setup Also picked up the Batmobile set for $35, Shelob set for $13, several Creature from the Black Lagoon sets for $5 each. They also had dozens of the police Chinook marked down to $35, Moria marked down to $54, and Weathertop marked down to $40 but I passed on all of those.

[quote name='crowbb']They also had dozens of the police Chinook marked down to $35[/QUOTE]

Oh nice. I want that set. I'm pretty sure they based that set on an idea from Alien Conquest.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']

Brickset has an image of the new Cinema Modular due for 2013. I find the comments section to be comedy. It seems like everyone in there thinks this is the most 'amazing', 'beautiful', 'fantastic' set ever! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Brickset is known for thinking every set is the best set / theme ever. First everyone hates a theme, then they complain about something, then they go "I need to collect this theme! It has X!"

Eurobricks thinks every set ever is amazing no matter what. You don't agree you better leave. Then they just go "This set reminds me of the best set ever from 1986, and it's even better!!"

I stay out of the Lego talk besides bullet points like the cinema having a cool roof. :lol:

[quote name='skiizim']@Zepp-Head, what a dick! I don't know what I would have done if I would have seen this or if this had been done to me, I guess a lesson learned.

I'm in the Inland Empire, what about you?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the San Fernando Valley around Northridge.
Man I wish I could have gotten that Luke's Speeder at that price.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The best Chima set comes free next month when you spend $75.

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=30250-1[/QUOTE]

You know, I saw that on the January calender for next month at the Lego store, and thought it was a $75 purchase of Legend of Chima products. I love that set, and kind of wish we waited a couple days as my fiancee and I just picked up Arkhym Asylum last night at our Lego Store. Oh well, I have a feeling AA is gonna go fast anyway. Also got a Holiday post Office for $55 and the Lego Harry Potter Book for ~$11.

Found the Uruk-hai Army set for $20 at my local Target. Very excited, as I've been wanting this set for awhile.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']Found the Uruk-hai Army set for $20 at my local Target. Very excited, as I've been wanting this set for awhile.[/QUOTE]

If I ever find these at half off, I'm buying myself an orc army. Already have one set though.

[quote name='ackbar7']This is 64.94 from AWD. Just picked one up.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what condition the AWD lego sets come in? Are they opened / actually used, or just damaged boxes?

[quote name='Katsumi']Do you know what condition the AWD lego sets come in? Are they opened / actually used, or just damaged boxes?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the item. Some say "repackaged and complete" which are normally even cheaper. Others say "slight exterior damage".

I know Walmart clearance can be very YMMV, but my local store had the Monster Fighter sets on clearance. The only one I really remember was the train set for $54. There was also a City helicopter and a fire plane.

They had quite a few of everything, so I figured I'd see if they went down further.

I was just going through all the sets I have in boxes, I have 354 sets not including the ones I have in the closet or recently purchased. You can add another 50 or so to that total, when does it end.

I need to start thinning out my collection. I have nowhere to display the sets I have anymore. The problem is choosing what to sell off.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Are they open boxes or are you just some weird collector that never actually builds the sets?[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm a weird collector according to you, I've opened maybe around 10% of what I have, a lot of them are doubles, triples of the same kind of set.

[quote name='encendido5']I need to start thinning out my collection. I have nowhere to display the sets I have anymore. The problem is choosing what to sell off.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to start doing that too, I've got somebody looking at the Green Grocer for $350, you guys thinks that's a good deal?

[quote name='skiizim']I guess I'm a weird collector according to you, I've opened maybe around 10% of what I have, a lot of them are doubles, triples of the same kind of set.

Yes, having hundreds of boxes of LEGO that is never been built or played with is weird. :booty:

I think I'm going to start doing that too, I've got somebody looking at the Green Grocer for $350, you guys thinks that's a good deal?[/QUOTE]

No. I think you can easily get $450-$500. eBay and Amazon has them for $500-$700, but tons of them, so I think $400 to $500 would be in demand.

I wish I bought that set, it's beautiful, along with Cafe Corner.

This is outside of ebay, so PayPal and eBay fees aren't included, it is to an AFOL local to my area. I only paid $75 for it so it's an easy profit and as nice as it I'm not really into the modular sets.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Might start getting into legos soon. My son finally got his 1st lego gift and he loves it[/QUOTE]

That's because they are the best toys ever.

The only gifts I've ever given my niece and nephew are Lego. I love watching them play. I dread the day my 6-year-old niece outgrows toys and wants "grown-up" stuff.

Went to my TRU to see if the new Chima or Ninja Turtles sets were there. No sign of Chima, but they did have TMNT. The smallest set, the Krang one, was $18! A 90 piece "small" set for almost $20. Criminal.

Galaxy Quest was all MSRP, though.

Woohoo. T-rex hunter for 34.50 at Walmart. Virtually no legos in stock, found it sitting on an endcap after giving up. That was the set I had hoped to find so made the trip worth it.

^ I hate you. :p

I've been telling everyone I know (who think I'm nuts now) to look for Dino sets for me (I'd like them all for 50% off) but no luck at all, all the stores are wiped out and the other clearance stuff is random. Last year or the year before, I found some decent clearance at one only because the stuff was in return carts and I dug to find some Atlantis sets and TS3 train.

In my experience the Dino sets have been the hardest to find. Only two sets in the eight Walmarts I went to since Christmas. I only went to a couple Targets.

I did have good luck finding sets that must've been returns because the store was wiped clean on the 26th.

I found 3 sets fairly easy at multiple stores, the raptor, triceratops and T-Rex. I didn't want any of them but if I would have known.

bread's done
Back