LEGO Deals 3

Yeah my Walmart marked them down on the 27th of February. But Amazon prices aren't much more, so I passed. However if they lower them every week (I doubt) I'll go back and pay some. I wonder what the Walmart in the middle of nowhere has on "clearance" or if everything is still 0% off!

I've been buying the Heroica board games. Yes I know I'm late, but I'm also cheap. I enjoy them, but they really need to have more depth. There is no point to the weapons or anything on the board besides extra health, it's pretty much a race t the end. Does anyone have some of their own made up instructions?

My kids (boy 4 1/2, girl 7) love playing the "Epic" Heroica where you put all the sets together to make one giant game board. And yes, it does become a bit of a race at the end, especially when everyone is waiting around for the dork with all the keys.

As far as custom rules go, we allow item and weapon trades between players whenever, we go somewhat lax on the health regen mechanic (my boy gets pissy when a bat knocks his guy out) and we have the concept of a first, second, and third winner. First winner is the one who kills the final boss. Second winner is the one with the most gold and items, and Third winner has the most kills. This gives the kids something to shoot for beyond getting to the end first.

[quote name='fuerza']I woud have gone for one of the big $199 sets, which is probably the reason why they excluded those :)[/QUOTE]

I really want that new Grand Prix Racer that's out, but I don't really have anywhere to put it.

Stopped by my local Target. They were selling the Creator Mini Fire Truck for $4.99.

These sets were $18, down from $20:
AT-RT (If it looked like the movie version I'd probably buy it.)
Tanker Truck
Garbage Truck
Prisoner Transport
Flatbed Truck
Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
Spider-cycle Chase

I'm tempted to grab the Spider-cycle Chase and Flatbed Truck. I just really like those two sets for some reason.

Does Target have the dirt bike transport on sale for $18? Its one of the last city car/truck sets I need and it seems to be harder to find nowadays.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Does Target have the dirt bike transport on sale for $18? Its one of the last city car/truck sets I need and it seems to be harder to find nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be hit or miss. Somebody mentioned that their Target has the Superman vs. Lex Luthor and Wolverine Chopper for $18, while mine doesn't.

Best thing you can do is check.

My Minecraft set showed up today. Smaller than I thought it would be, but still looks pretty cool. Hopefully I get a chance to build it this weekend.

[quote name='mweav067']Seems to be hit or miss. Somebody mentioned that their Target has the Superman vs. Lex Luthor and Wolverine Chopper for $18, while mine doesn't.

Best thing you can do is check.
[/QUOTE]

Best thing to do is to scan the item at the price checker. I don't think the Superman vs. Lex Luthor set had a sale sign at my store, but when I scanned it, it came up as $18.

Every $20 non Star Wars set at a Target I was at was $18. But the sale is 10% plus tax. You do better on a random sale o Amazon.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Every $20 non Star Wars set at a Target I was at was $18. But the sale is 10% plus tax. You do better on a random sale o Amazon.[/QUOTE]

If you've got a RedCard, that saves 5%, so it practically wipes out tax. Plus, the great thing about buying from Target is the return policy. 120 days when you've got a RedCard. I usually buy when something is on sale, then hold on to it and the receipt to see if I can't get a better deal later, then return if I do.

My Walmart had a bunch of the Monster Fighters and superhero stuff on clearance of varying degrees today. I think the Ghost Train was $54. The Werewolf set was 13, Mummy 8, Vampire Hearse 24, Quinjet was 50, Deadpool/Wolverine Magneto helicopter set was 13.

I ended up resisting since I used a 10% off coupon at the Lego store yesterday to grab a Pet Shop finally.

Shake my head, ToysRUs. Last night I saw ToysRUs had the buy 1, get 1 1/2 off starting. They put up the banners on their site but it wasn't active yet because I placed Batmobile vs. Two Face ($49.99) and The Bat vs. Bane in my cart ($39.99) but it didn't take half off (total before any discount would have been about $90). I figured, oh well, I'll just leave it in my cart and checkout when I get up in the morning. Oh no, that's not the case today. Batmobile vs. Two Face raised to $64.99 and the Bat vs. Bane raised to $46.99. Unfreakinbelievable. The price, even after the buy one get one 1/2 off is now $88.48. That's a savings of a whopping $1.50.

I really wanted to think ToysRUs had changed their ridiculous Lego pricing ways but clearly they're just as bad as ever (30% markup on Batmobile vs. Two Face!).

My TRU had some series 9! So I bought 20 after feeling every one up. I got 13 of them. I thought I had cyborg bad guy but I guess I mixed up my piles. I also somehow didn't get one of the several police officers I felt! However I didnt feel a single Oscar woman.

So I now have an extra cyclops. Chicken man. Two forest women. And two two face guys.

[quote name='bigdaddy']My TRU had some series 9! So I bought 20 after feeling every one up. I got 13 of them. I thought I had cyborg bad guy but I guess I mixed up my piles. I also somehow didn't get one of the several police officers I felt! However I didnt feel a single Oscar woman.

So I now have an extra cyclops. Chicken man. Two forest women. And two two face guys.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I've got a spare cop and the starlet if you want to let go of your forest maidens?

Tried the last box at TRU, and I don't think I found even one :roll:

It took forever to find the Forest Maiden. I must have looked through 3 boxes.

In other news I've been checking the price on the Bug Obliterator every day. I wish I'd pulled the trigger when it was $60. This will be my bug set purchase of the year. I think.

Decided to skip the Flatbed Truck and Spider-cycle sets... No room, and my last paycheck was low because of forgetting to log 8 hours of pay (which is being fixed on the next paycheck).

Finished building Diagon Alley yesterday. I really like the set, minus the fact I still can't apply stickers very well. The crooked columns on the bank are a nice touch.

I'll go back today maybe and see what I can find. But I'd say there was at least 5 forest women, and I bought three. They were easy to find, they are oval shields without the lip that the waiter has on his tray.

[quote name='eugaet']Does anyone collect the Architecture series? I've been humting for deals on those sets.[/QUOTE]

You've probably seen it already but the Brandenburg Gate has been on sale on Amazon for 22.99 for a while. I grabbed one since I don't have any of the architecture sets, but I haven't bothered to build it yet.

I built the Pet Shop over the weekend. It is pretty awesome with a lot of little details. From the classic Brownstone style building to the working crawl space/basement area. I did actually have a missing piece though, the first time I can remember that happening to me with Lego. a medium sized white [ piece was missing. I can see what they did, the small version if it had an extra. Fortunately I had a spare I was able to insert so I don't need to bother with waiting for Lego to mail me a replacement.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Shake my head, ToysRUs. Last night I saw ToysRUs had the buy 1, get 1 1/2 off starting. They put up the banners on their site but it wasn't active yet because I placed Batmobile vs. Two Face ($49.99) and The Bat vs. Bane in my cart ($39.99) but it didn't take half off (total before any discount would have been about $90). I figured, oh well, I'll just leave it in my cart and checkout when I get up in the morning. Oh no, that's not the case today. Batmobile vs. Two Face raised to $64.99 and the Bat vs. Bane raised to $46.99. Unfreakinbelievable. The price, even after the buy one get one 1/2 off is now $88.48. That's a savings of a whopping $1.50.

I really wanted to think ToysRUs had changed their ridiculous Lego pricing ways but clearly they're just as bad as ever (30% markup on Batmobile vs. Two Face!).[/QUOTE]

Essentially what they're doing is temporarily marking up the online prices to match their in-store prices. Normally, it's only the in-store prices that get the big markup. The online prices have generally been MSRP, at least lately.

I guess they figured they couldn't actually give us an actual discount on the product, that would be absurd! ;)

[quote name='El Rey']Stopped by Tuesday Morning yesterday and they had City Mining trucks for $24.99 and series 7 minifigs for $1.99[/QUOTE]

Damn, I saw the Mining trucks last week at a couple of Tuesday Mornings, but no sign of any minifigs. The Wal-Mart clearance of $15 Mining trucks was a much better price post-Christmas anyway.

[quote name='eugaet']Does anyone collect the Architecture series? I've been humting for deals on those sets.[/QUOTE]

My usual discount route is to use Barnes & Noble coupons.

Hi everyone.Me and my son just started to collect lego and we are building a lego city on an old train layout i had.Does anyone know of a good place to get road plates for a decent price?I need alot of them.Thanks for any suggestions.

^ :lol:

Cheap road plates! That's a good one!

:lol:

Honestly, a few years ago LEGO jacked the price up 300% ($15 for two) and made it so you can't get two straight road plates anymore, you get a straight and a curved and a T and an +. Your best, cheapest, bet is to buy some regular baseplates ($5 for one) and some plywood and paint. It really sucks, but there is no such thing as cheap road plates anymore, plus I think the only place that sells them is LEGO itself.

I went to TRU, no more forest women, but got all the minifigures I need besides the Oscar woman. If I track down more forest women (and they aren't on a jet ski) I'll be willing to trade, or be bought.

And Amazon is the best place for Architecture. Sydney Opera House is 25% off, the other building is mentioned. Plus AMD has a few up too. I just bought the little mining dump truck and bobcat for $12.89 for AMD. Plus I signed up for an Amazon credit card. My first one! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info on the road plates,I might just go the paint route.i swear when I was a kid lego was boxed with the road plates in the bigger sets.

They were. I have a "Legends" set (It's a remake on an old set) on Main Street and it had two buildings and two baseplates.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there is a single set coming out that is even on a baseplate, besides the $150 exclusive cinema, which is on a rare red one. Even the Fire Station is on building plates. The last set I remember being on a baseplate is the big $100 Police Station from a year or two back.

Kids now want cars and monster trucks and just vehicles, they don't really want buildings and LEGO wants to save money and baseplates are more expensive.

Wood and paint is the way to go, I did it once with old paper over an old table. Much cheaper, can spend more on LEGOs.

[quote name='doodmandood']How much is pick a brick?[/QUOTE]

If you shop Pick-A-Brick on lego.com you are charged by piece, but if you have a LEGO store near by you are charged $7.99 for a small container and $14.99 for a large container. Keep in mind that lego.com has a much larger selection of pieces than our stores.

The town I attend college in just had a new Giant grocery store open up, and they had Series 9 for $3.00 each. I didn't feel like feeling feeling up the packs while I was there, but for anyone in the northeast looking for them it's always an option to check.

I'm probably going to try and get the whole set of Series 9 at this point. I have half of it already. Also, when I went looking a few weeks ago there were a ton of the starlet in this area, but that forest maiden was a real pain to track down.

As for the Architecture series set, I only seen one retail store that have them on sale every now and then.

Barnes and Noble usually have them 30% off but kinda defeats the "deal" due to the premium markups on Lego.

I should now have 7, and I only really need / want like three...

So maybe. ;)

So people if you want some forest maids or whatever the hell they are called message me and if I keep finding them then I'll send them your way.

It's first come, first serve. 180husher has first dibs because he bought me a Skelly Castle years ago. Then strangelove if he wants to trade something. I need some series 3 women (and 1 and 2, but that's not a fair trade).

So message me. I'll hit up TRU as much as I can (I walk there if the weather is nice) and try to get to the other Target near me sometime next week.

Pulled the trigger on the Bug Obliterator - it was $60 and some change last night.

Got a new job - so I figured I could treat myself.

Target is still selling some $20 sets for $18 this week. My local one was out of the Spidercycle set, which is probably what prevented me from getting it.

Then I wandered over to Walmart and found some oddball price changes.
Gungan Sub - $56
Jabba's Palace - $96
Malevolence - $100
Mandalorian Fighter - $40
Republic Strike-class Starfighter - $36
Sith Fury-class Interceptor - $73

Sadly the X-Wing and Falcon were still price. I'm really tempted to buy the Republic Fighter, Sith Interceptor, and Mandalorian Fighter at those prices as they're all sets I want.

I would jump on the Mandalorian Fighter, it's a Wal-Mart exclusive, you eventually might find it on clearance, the only problem is when and if your able to snag it. Amazon had Jabbas Palace for $87.xx, I would have jumped on that if I didn't get charged tax.

[quote name='skiizim']I would jump on the Mandalorian Fighter, it's a Wal-Mart exclusive, you eventually might find it on clearance, the only problem is when and if your able to snag it. Amazon had Jabbas Palace for $87.xx, I would have jumped on that if I didn't get charged tax.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking of snagging it while I can. I know there are resellers in my area that scavenge the stores for clearance stuff, so there's no guarantee I'd get one when they hit clearance. I'll keep an eye on the Republic Fighter and Sith Interceptor, although I really hope I can grab those at a decent price since they're from The Old Republic.

I also found the Galaxy Squad, Z-95 Headhunter, and Gandalf polybag at Walmart. Will probably grab the Gandalf one.

[quote name='mickeyp']Does anybody know if the minecraft lego set will ever be sold in the lego store? Or will it just be online at lego.com or amazon?[/QUOTE]

It would be in store, I think it just sells out quickly.

I'm reading and old Lego article and I found this funny...

• What happens to all the bad pieces? Is there a Lego heaven? Do they recycle them?

Due to the precision of the brick molding machines, there are very few "bad" pieces—only 18 elements in every million produced fail to meet the company's high standards. Extra pieces or pieces from boxes that are caught on the line and identified as missing pieces or have boxes that are slightly damaged are used for donation boxes that are distributed to underprivileged children's organizations around the world.

So they give poor children Lego sets missing pieces? :lol:

Then they make fun of blondes!
Why there are no blonde minifigs in the regular Lego sets?

Because they will look bad with the yellow heads. There are blondes, however, in the licensed lines, like Star Wars or Harry Potter.

http://gizmodo.com/5019797/everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-lego

bread's done
Back