LEGO Deals 3

I might grab one. The book used to be $30, so that's a great fine. Lots of swords and bones. Plus NinjaGo crap has some good revalue.

Plus you can sell the game on Amazon, the cheapest is $8, or you can sell it to Amazon for $2.25. That's two minifigures, 140 pieces pieces for $7.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='180husher']Grabbed the A-wing at Target for $20 this week. Noticed that all the GS sets were about 20% off instead of the usual Target sale of 5%.[/QUOTE]

I'm half tempted to pick up another A-Wing at $20, and then sell off the Ackbar and Han Solo mini-figures. I really like the set.

Definite resellers around here, the Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and Umbarran Mobile Heavy Cannon were cleared out at my Target even though each was only like $4 off. That, or they're super popular sets. Either way my Target had 3 Interceptors and at least 10 MHC's when I stopped in on Friday.

The bustads at Lego thought it was a good idea to only include one 212th clone trooper in one set: Umbaran Cannon, and it's a Target exclusive to boot. People are buying them up to troop build.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I haven't bought a SW set in 10 years but even I like that kick ass tank.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I almost bought it, and I hate SW. I love how that tank looks!

[quote name='bigdaddy']TRU online has a Technic "sale", 20% off their prices.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3686917&view=all

Also some storage crap is on sale too, nothing special.[/QUOTE]

That's a good price on the 4x4 Crawler...I paid that in store with a 20% off coupon last year. It's not fast but it climbs like crazy.

I wish they would take the motorized crane off their site too since I regret not buying it when I had the chance.

The Walmart on the other side of town didn't have the same price drops as my local one does. Something interesting I did notice over there was one Shelob Attack set that was still $20 but had the red tag on it.

[quote name='mweav067']The Walmart on the other side of town didn't have the same price drops as my local one does. Something interesting I did notice over there was one Shelob Attack set that was still $20 but had the red tag on it.[/QUOTE]

That just means your WM or that one, won't be ordering any more.

that may not not be a clearance mark downs though

[quote name='xycury']That just means your WM or that one, won't be ordering any more.

that may not not be a clearance mark downs though[/QUOTE]

Yeah, which is why I was pointing it out. I guess the set didn't sell well. It's a relatively newer set though, so I was surprised to see the red tag on it.

As for that Toys 'R Us sale, the Palpatine's Arrest looks interesting at that price, but it's still a little too high for my liking.

Lego doesn't stay on shelves for years anymore. If you want a set you better buy it when you see it. Walmart already have Hobbit sets on clearance only two months after they came out.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Lego doesn't stay on shelves for years anymore. If you want a set you better buy it when you see it. Walmart already have Hobbit sets on clearance only two months after they came out.[/QUOTE]

Well actually it depends on what you are looking for and where you are looking. TRU still have sets that are years old because they are at TRU retail prices and they never clearance anything.
The Walmart thing is an abberation. In that instance it was because the Hobbit sets came out right about holiday shopping season and after that the stores did all their after christmas resets. Walmart clearance is so YMMV no matter what time of year though. One store may have a couple sets on clearance (at some random price that specific store came up with) and you drive a few miles down the road to the next Walmart and the shelves may be packed with those same sets for regular retail price.
Licensed sets (non exclusive) will linger for a while. But if its a store exclusive set and you don't have a Lego store in your area I would suggest picking it up sooner rather than later.

Went to a few of the Wal-Marts around East TN today and didn't find much interesting until the last store I hit. Absolutely nothing on clearance at most, however the last had a few big drops.

6x 79010: The Goblin King Battle all marked down to $69.97 from $99.97.
1x 9468: Vampyre Castle also marked down to $69.97 from $99.97.

Along with the big one a Tower Bridge, which I had never seen at Wal-Mart before let alone expected to find on clearance, it was 169.99 down from 239.99. It had a few dings on the box, but I couldn't resist getting it. Also of note was the Quinjet from the Avengers movie along with the Batcave all with red tags but they had not been marked down yet.

Most stores i have seen don't have a ton of Hobbit sets, they have some, but not most of them. I think some just ignored it because LEGO was releasing so many of them, and no one seems to be buying them.

Bigdaddy is right about not counting on sets being available for years. Many are, but others have really short life, especially sets released in the summer it seems. The last Kingdom wave was awesome IMO but vanished relatively quickly. The last wave of Space Police, too. They were available at clearance, but the point is true about getting something sooner (hopefully when there's a deal). That zombie monsters set that was a Target and Lego exclusive disappeared overnight, it seemed.

Hopefully the Hobbit sets do OK for Lego. I like most of them. Of course I also loved the Prince of Persia sets and they tanked. Which I didn't mind because I got a bunch really cheap.

So after resisting the Transformers Kre-O so well, my nostalgia got the best of me when I saw there's GI Joe Kre-O. I like the classic theme, but every time I'm drawn to cheat on Lego I'm reminded why I love the minifigure so much. Kre-O aren't bad, but they just don't feel as good as my first love.

[quote name='salty tbone']Bigdaddy is right about not counting on sets being available for years. Many are, but others have really short life, especially sets released in the summer it seems. The last Kingdom wave was awesome IMO but vanished relatively quickly. The last wave of Space Police, too. They were available at clearance, but the point is true about getting something sooner (hopefully when there's a deal). That zombie monsters set that was a Target and Lego exclusive disappeared overnight, it seemed.

Hopefully the Hobbit sets do OK for Lego. I like most of them. Of course I also loved the Prince of Persia sets and they tanked. Which I didn't mind because I got a bunch really cheap.

So after resisting the Transformers Kre-O so well, my nostalgia got the best of me when I saw there's GI Joe Kre-O. I like the classic theme, but every time I'm drawn to cheat on Lego I'm reminded why I love the minifigure so much. Kre-O aren't bad, but they just don't feel as good as my first love.[/QUOTE]

ROFL, unless of course your TRU. >_< I still see Prince of Persia sets.

Bit on the Hobbit Barrel escape for $31.xx as part of TRU spring sale. That was my price point. Plus throw in a Galaxy Squad polybag for spending more than $25. Just made it that much sweeter.

I'm definitely heading to a KMART tomorrow to see that 50% off clearance. I've got quite a few sets I need to pick up that haven't went anywhere for a while (city marina, Samurai Fire Mech, Mobile Police Unit')

[quote name='mikepeluso']For some reason I haven't been able to find one Hobbit set on real clearance price.[/QUOTE]

Finding sets that only have been out for 4 - 5 months on clearance is not the norm

[quote name='skiizim']ROFL, unless of course your TRU. >_< I still see Prince of Persia sets.[/QUOTE]

My one Boscov's (local department store) still has a Price of Persia set that's been there forever.

TRU next week - B1G1 50% off all Lego sets. Excludes Super Hero & Sale items.

The following are on sale for 30% off. Ad lists prices 13.99 - 31.49

Ninjago Samurai Mech
Duplo Siddeley Saves the Day
Galaxy Squad Star Slicer
Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor
City Tank Truck
City Cement Mixer

Went to Fred Meyer today and they had 20% off all Chima and SW plus the TMNT lair. There was a guy there buying everything. Probably had 10 of the TMNT sets and lots of the other sale items. Is 20% off really so great to warrant spending $1,000?

[quote name='prim4444']TRU next week - B1G1 50% off all Lego sets. Excludes Super Hero & Sale items.[/QUOTE]

Any hope for Lone Ranger sets by the end of that week?

[quote name='mikepeluso']When are the Lone Rangers sets coming out?[/QUOTE]

All I have seen is April. Sometimes TRU is early though.

Surely TRU would release the Lone Rangers sets around their sales, or set them up to where they are not part of the sale. You know how outrageous they are.

Picked up a few things at KMART for the 50% off.

The Ninjago Samurai Mech was $36.xx so I was able to snag it for $18.xx. There was another one but I couldn't justify getting 2 when I don't even know if i'll keep this set or barter it off.

I also got the Mobile Police Unit which I have been wanting for my City Collection for a whle. It was $20.xx with the discount.

They had the Heavy Duty Police Helicopter, but it ended up being $23.xx, and I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it, seeing as how i'm not that impressed with helicopters. I probably would have picked it up had the other two not been there, but with everything else I had gotten I just didn't want to shell out that as well.

I got Sebulba's planet and the Naboo planet for $4.xx each.

I also found one of the Ninjago battle packs (?) The little booster packs with a minifig that are originally around $5-6. At $1.99, I just couldn't pass up the Minifig and all his cool weapons :)

Super ticked off to find the City marina missing after I had hid it so well.

Not Lego, but Target has a Mega Bloks coupon for 30% Off this week.
Online Code: TGEMPW26
Search "MegaBloks" for the in-store coupon: http://coupons.target.com/

I got a bunch of not Legos from K-Mart this week. A Power Rangers set, some KREO Battleship sets, a Transformers set and a MegaBlok Smurf set. All 50% Off Clearance. (I also got a free $5 gift card for April, but I'm not sure why...)

How YMMV is lego clearance at Kmart? There is only one anywhere near me and last time I stopped in I did not find a single lego on clearance. I couldn't even find any toys on clearance. Do they leave them with regular priced Legos or in a different section? The store is dimly lit and a mess in general, was my first time in Kmart in a long time and I can see why they are closing all over the place.

Also, I picked up the lego ninjago bundle from the best buy clearance sale (price is back up to $25 btw) and it has some awesome pieces. If anyone made an instore pickup for it at the $10 price point you should go pick it up. I love the monster fighter theme and it has a lot of similar pieces.

It's really YMMV, if it's not out of the way it wouldn't hurt to check. I have 6 k-Marts I can hit up in a few hours, the product and price is always different. There was one year I spent close to $400 and I haven't found anything since that one time.

My KMart didn't have a single LEGO set on clearance. However it did have the Series 9 minifigures (a first) and all the drug assholes were giving me looks. Go fuck another woman for the wellfare money and leave me alone.

I did get a forest woman. :lol:

[quote name='skiizim']It's really YMMV, if it's not out of the way it wouldn't hurt to check. I have 6 k-Marts I can hit up in a few hours, the product and price is always different. There was one year I spent close to $400 and I haven't found anything since that one time.[/QUOTE]
That has been my luck. I had one amazing run and since then literally nothing.

Thinking about grabbing the Mandalorian Fighter ($40) and Republic Striker-class Fighter ($36) today.

They both hit the $0.10 per piece ratio, and they're both sets I really want.

Well, since I was passing by again I decided to stop by kmart and was very glad I did. I was able to get the LEGO HEROICA Castle Fortaan 3860 game for $11, all of the star wars series 2 planet sets (9677-9679) and series 1 9675 for 3.99 each. I wish they had 9676 as that one looks cool too but I'm happy with what I got. They originally rang up at 9.99 so the lady had to get a managers approval to give me 50% off, she then tried to charge me 4.99 but the clearance sticker clearly said 7.99 and the sale clearly stated it was an additional 50% off the clearance so she finally gave them to me for the 3.99 they should have rang up originally as. It was a bit of a pain at checkout but I am happy I stopped by. The heroica game was marked at 27.99 so when it rang up at 11 I was even happier.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Is anyone on here entering the Classic Movie Vignette contest on Toysnbricks? I was going to, but I have serious issues about the stupid rule that you need to use a CMF. What's the point of that?

However if anyone here has a nice model there I'll vote for you. The price is the new cinema and then 2nd and third place are $20 Super Hero sets.

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8066[/QUOTE]

I made an entry but I haven't posted it because some of the other entries are much better than mine. I made The Little Mermaid where she is in her cave surrounded by all the crap she has collected.

[quote name='encendido5']I haven't had a chance to. My favorite so far is the princess bride one.[/QUOTE]

That one is fantastic. I posted a link to the pictures of it for my friends that are huge fans of that movie and they love it.

Grabbed the Mandalorian Fighter and Republic Striker-class Fighter. This means my backlog is at 5 sets... TIE Fighter, Sith Infiltrator, Minecraft, and those two. I actually have to dive back into school tomorrow, so not sure when I'll get to building them.

bread's done
Back