LEGO Deals 3

Nice I picked up the hobbit hole and Batcave.

Btw does anyone know a better set to get those tall strut things that there are several of in the Batcave? I would like to get a bunch and use them to raise the track for a monorail above my town setup. I looked through pick a brick on the Lego site but I don't think they can be purchased separately.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yoyo.com has a LEGO BOGO50% and now free shipping over $35![/QUOTE]

If I did my taxes correctly (Which I doubt, so this number is most likely too much.) I'm getting back $25! Shopping spree!!!!! What set should I buy? :roll:

Thanks. I think I have some unopened Power Miners stuff on my giant shelf o' sealed Lego. And ugh, passed on that Toy Story set so many times! Now I wish I hadn't. May have to pick it up on eBay.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ The Power Miners set had a lot.

I got this set for $30 or less just for those pieces, the awesome crane, and the minifigures.

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7596-1[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']If I did my taxes correctly (Which I doubt, so this number is most likely too much.) I'm getting back $25! Shopping spree!!!!! What set should I buy? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Pfft, I owed $10*.

*Federal.

I made less than 150% of the poverty rate, (Which is like $11,000, you can't live o that), less than $15k, and if I worked a week and a half LESS I would have made more more money.

And I might owe money, the state of MA fucks me over every year. Guess I'm cutting back on my spending. I was thinking I'd get back $1,000ish, I got back $800-900 last year and made $3,000 more this year, but now at most it looks like I'm getting back $650.

Ugh.

And GE probably will be getting back hundreds of millions of dollars again. :roll:

Oh yeah LEGOs... they rock. ;)

At the time everyone hated that TS3 set, but it turns out to be an awesome $20 set.

Target.com has the Jabba's palace set for $88. Its out of stock online, but if you find it in stock in their B&M store, they will price match their website. I snagged one earlier today.

Been waiting for a sale on the Grand Emporium for months now on Amazon but got tired of waiting and pulled the trigger today. So expect a sale in the near future. :)

Finally got another YOYO 30% off coupon to work, sent the Avengers ship to my grandparents. :lol: Now I just need Hawkeye and Hulk. I really don't like the set they are in, but maybe I'll buy it and the $50 Spiderman set or TMNT set with the Yoyo BOGO50% sale.

[quote name='dschroll']Target.com has the Jabba's palace set for $88. Its out of stock online, but if you find it in stock in their B&M store, they will price match their website. I snagged one earlier today.[/QUOTE]

I just might do this tomorrow. Both of my Targets had a decent stock left.

As for my taxes, I'm getting $500 back (thank you tuition deduction), but my savings account was a bit lower than I thought it was. I might just get the Sith Interceptor, put the rest into my savings account, and skip my first modular until I'm making more money during the summer.

Does anybody else get 10% off store lego store coupons on the back of their catalogs? I've gotten a few 10% off one item coupon every few months. I usually save them for the exclusive creator modular sets. Not the greatest deal, but beats MSRP.

Do you just need to be a VIP member to get the catalog or do you also need to have a kid registered for their kids club? I registered as a VIP member back in January when I bought my first set directly from lego but have also not received a catalog from them. When I try to register for the catalog it says its for kids aged 4-12 and won't let me continue.

I got a catalog with coupon at the end of Feb/early March I believe and it was the first one I had received in a while that had the 10% off coupon (expires mid April i believe) which I used for the Palace Cinema. I think I started getting them years ago when my wife signed us up for VIP

[quote name='Corvin']Been waiting for a sale on the Grand Emporium for months now on Amazon but got tired of waiting and pulled the trigger today. So expect a sale in the near future. :)[/QUOTE]

I did the same. I watched it like a hawk. The best I could do was AWD for about $10 off, so when that happened, I grabbed it.

I just finished putting it together. It is fantastic. The modulars may be the most expensive, but I also think they're the most bang for the buck. I really like how the buildings feel substantial and finished (as opposed to being facades).

[quote name='bigdaddy']Finally got another YOYO 30% off coupon to work, sent the Avengers ship to my grandparents. :lol: Now I just need Hawkeye and Hulk. I really don't like the set they are in, but maybe I'll buy it and the $50 Spiderman set or TMNT set with the Yoyo BOGO50% sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, though I got Hawkeye with Deadpool. I want the Hulk, but it galls me to spend $50 (or even an effective 37.50 with the BOGO50) for a set I have no interest in. I keep dithering on the Yoyo sale. I had the Rancor + Gungan sub combo in my cart, but the effective price for each would be $45 which is...okay. I really only want the minifigs from the sub. Then there's the Spiderman/Avengers combo, which is also primarily for the minifigs. Even with the discount, it is more than I would really like to spend for either combo.

[quote name='EvilIA']Does anybody else get 10% off store lego store coupons on the back of their catalogs? I've gotten a few 10% off one item coupon every few months. I usually save them for the exclusive creator modular sets. Not the greatest deal, but beats MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I used the one from the last catalog on the Palace Cinema. I wish I had another while the double VIP points were still active (through the 8th). I can't decide if I'd go for Arkham Asylum (overpriced, underwhelming) or the B-Wing.

I think 10% off is on all the catalogs. You can just sign up for them at S@H or just get the kids magazine, it's free.

I'm seeing the hulk set like this... $20 jet, $10 lab and $7 for Hulk. However it should really have been $40 like the IM mansion.

I never get 10% off coupons but I rarely get to a Lego Store and it would cost more in gas then I would save. I really hope they open a store in the mall I work at. Its a massive mall that just expanded and has empty store fronts still. I know they will open one after I leave that mall of course.

Picked up a Monster Fighters Hearse for $20 and a Mummy set for $6.50 at Wal-Mart today. I was at a different Wal-Mart with nothing on clearance a couple of days ago, so YMMV, as always with them.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I think 10% off is on all the catalogs. You can just sign up for them at S@H or just get the kids magazine, it's free. [/quote]

According to folks at toysnbricks, it seems to be pretty random who gets coupons and who doesn't. In any case, it's not guaranteed to come with the catalog.

I'm seeing the hulk set like this... $20 jet, $10 lab and $7 for Hulk. However it should really have been $40 like the IM mansion.

Yabut, I don't the jet at all. $17 would be perfect ;)

If any of you bought that fancy pants Avengers Blu Ray box set for 19.99 from Best Buy (with the lenticular light up snazziness) it comes with a 30 dollar off coupon any item on sideshowtoy.com For whatever reason, the Lego Aerial Quinjet set is on there, use the coupon, bringing the price down to a very attractive $39.99 + shipping.

In other awesome news, after a week of being sadfaced because I missed out on helms deep for 98 dollars at wal mart, I found it at another store. I was hoping it would be 98 bucks but when I scanned it, it rang up $38.00! Seeing that expensive of a set clearanced out so much really made my day! YMMV as always with walmart clearance.

[quote name='mediviper']If any of you bought that fancy pants Avengers Blu Ray box set for 19.99 from Best Buy (with the lenticular light up snazziness) it comes with a 30 dollar off coupon any item on sideshowtoy.com For whatever reason, the Lego Aerial Quinjet set is on there, use the coupon, bringing the price down to a very attractive $39.99 + shipping.

In other awesome news, after a week of being sadfaced because I missed out on helms deep for 98 dollars at wal mart, I found it at another store. I was hoping it would be 98 bucks but when I scanned it, it rang up $38.00! Seeing that expensive of a set clearanced out so much really made my day! YMMV as always with walmart clearance.[/QUOTE]

That's incredible! Will have to check out my Walmart, where I recently got my Lego Star Wars alarm clock for $7 :)

[quote name='dschroll']Target.com has the Jabba's palace set for $88. Its out of stock online, but if you find it in stock in their B&M store, they will price match their website. I snagged one earlier today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know Target would do this or it was that cheap on their site. I was able to pricematch a set today. Just an FYI that they were following a protocol that they needed a printout of the site listing or me to show them on my phone before they would look themselves. Weird but since I have a smartphone it wasn't an issue.

I'm really happy to find a deal on this after all the stupidity earlier this week. Now everyone can hoard all they want cause I have my Salacious Crumb.

Hi guys,
Does the Target online inventory show stock for your stores? I checked the zipcodes for where I have family/friends: West coast, Texas, etc, and every store shows up as out of stock. Really want this set, before it's gone forever. Kicking myself for not buying it on Amazon earlier this week.

[quote name='salty tbone']Thanks for posting this. I didn't know Target would do this or it was that cheap on their site. I was able to pricematch a set today. Just an FYI that they were following a protocol that they needed a printout of the site listing or me to show them on my phone before they would look themselves. Weird but since I have a smartphone it wasn't an issue.

I'm really happy to find a deal on this after all the stupidity earlier this week. Now everyone can hoard all they want cause I have my Salacious Crumb.[/QUOTE]

One of the Targets by my house had it in stock but a few weeks ago, it's currently OOS, I haven't stepped back in. I can check for you asap and answer your question more thourougly.

Thanks Skiizim. The only good thing about being in France is that I'm up at different times.....Amazon is showing back in stock, but at full msrp now. Sigh. Tried to get a pricematch via chat, but that didn't work, gonna try email now, and call when the phone center opens.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Hi guys,
Does the Target online inventory show stock for your stores? I checked the zipcodes for where I have family/friends: West coast, Texas, etc, and every store shows up as out of stock. Really want this set, before it's gone forever. Kicking myself for not buying it on Amazon earlier this week.[/QUOTE]

I have a few around me that say LIMITED INVENTORY, so it must be working. Do I buy this for $88 to hold on as an investment? If it was on clearance like the one guy said for $50, that would be a no-brainer.

The inventory checker was accurate for me and updated during the day. Limited stock is always a crapshoot with Target. I went to a store that said in stock and there were three or four.

[quote name='doodmandood']How often does Target have Legos on clearance? Isn't the Urik-Hai Army set supposed to be marked down?[/QUOTE]

Twice a year normally, after Christmas and January plus summer.

Why is it supposed to be marked down? I didn't see anything marked down when I was buy so much junk candy. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Why is it supposed to be marked down? I didn't see anything marked down when I was buy so much junk candy. :)[/QUOTE]

It was in some stores, but that was a couple months ago.

[quote name='El Rey']From my experience the coupons do not come on every catalog[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten a coupon with the catalog. Of course the closest LEGO store is 2 hours away so that may play a part.

[quote name='doubledown']I have a few around me that say LIMITED INVENTORY, so it must be working. Do I buy this for $88 to hold on as an investment? If it was on clearance like the one guy said for $50, that would be a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...now only 2 have it around me, Limited Inventory. Oh well, I can look at it as $88 saved....

You guys are crazy with the Jabba's Palace. A week ago it was on AWD for $70, now everyone is running around trying to get one because LEGO said it would retire as scheduled, about a year from now. As a guess, this set is not going to have much resale value since all the resellers bought up so many.

[quote name='ackbar7']You guys are crazy with the Jabba's Palace. A week ago it was on AWD for $70, now everyone is running around trying to get one because LEGO said it would retire as scheduled, about a year from now. As a guess, this set is not going to have much resale value since all the resellers bought up so many.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I posted here of one for $78 a week ago at AWD. Now Amazon can't keep it in stock.

Well played LEGO. Release a two press releases in two days. Now they sold out and will just make more.

[quote name='ackbar7']You guys are crazy with the Jabba's Palace. A week ago it was on AWD for $70, now everyone is running around trying to get one because LEGO said it would retire as scheduled, about a year from now. As a guess, this set is not going to have much resale value since all the resellers bought up so many.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about resale value and if I had a time machine I'll travel back a week and buy the $70 set. Otherwise I'll continue to be satisfied with the $88 version I bought. I've wanted the set ever since the first pictures were released but didn't want to pay $120. I held off figuring I had plenty of time but that stupid "report" changed things.

I know plenty of people swear by AWD but I've yet to take the plunge with Lego. I didn't have a stellar experience on the video game side.

Call me crazy but frankly the whole second-hand Lego market is crazy. I just wanted the set at a decent discount and figured might as well grab it than risk extended lunacy.

I bought an advent calendar that was smashed on one side and taped up but looks fine from the front. The other was a mining set. Was brand new. I have no clue what was wrong with it.

I wouldn't buy electronics, but LEGOs are tough and can be replaced for free.

I'd wait until the craziness dies down is all. Like mindcraft the set will sell out but come back in a couple months.

Good thing I got the Yoyo 30% coupon to work. They replaced it with a new 20% off coupon.

Damn... I was looking into what sets to buy on Yoyo, and now the Hulk set is no longer listed! And Hulk himself is $20+ on Bricklink!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought at least a half dozen Lego sets on AWD. The absolute worst had some damage to the box and replacement tape. I have yet to assemble one that is missing a single piece. Unless you care about box condition, I don't see a downside to AWD for Lego.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damn... I was looking into what sets to buy on Yoyo, and now the Hulk set is no longer listed! And Hulk himself is $20+ on Bricklink![/QUOTE]

I think I might go that route, or wait a bit. It's not like Hulk isn't going to be in the next film. Maybe next time he'll be in a set I can use.

[quote name='salty tbone']Call me crazy but frankly the whole second-hand Lego market is crazy. I just wanted the set at a decent discount and figured might as well grab it than risk extended lunacy.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you. I kept waiting to get a good deal on the HP Castle, and then all of a sudden it was out of stock everywhere. Suddenly MSRP was a bargain and I had no good options.

I think Jabba will continue to be in stock for this year, but $70 was lucky. There's no guarantee there will be an AWD option when the item is on sale. For a long time, the AWD price hovered at $90-100. I think I paid $88 myself in January, since that was the best non-clearance price at the time. I don't regret this purchase because I really wanted that set and the minifigures.

You can only make the best choice for you at the time. I finally decided to sit the Yoyo sale out, because none of the options were worth the cost to me, and I'm willing to see if I can do better later on.

There is no guarantee there will be Super Hero sets in 2015 with the next Avengers movie. But the set is $41 on AWD, there are 20 new sets added, most 15%-20% off, nothing big. However theer is a fire plane for ~40% off, and the Forest Police Station for $50.

[quote name='blandstalker']I've bought at least a half dozen Lego sets on AWD. The absolute worst had some damage to the box and replacement tape. I have yet to assemble one that is missing a single piece. Unless you care about box condition, I don't see a downside to AWD for Lego.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. Thanks.

I want a bear but don't really want the Forest Police Station. The hillbilly hideout set with a bear got one of those quick retirements that bigdaddy was talking about earlier in this thread.

[quote name='salty tbone']Thanks for posting this. I didn't know Target would do this or it was that cheap on their site. I was able to pricematch a set today. Just an FYI that they were following a protocol that they needed a printout of the site listing or me to show them on my phone before they would look themselves. Weird but since I have a smartphone it wasn't an issue.

I'm really happy to find a deal on this after all the stupidity earlier this week. Now everyone can hoard all they want cause I have my Salacious Crumb.[/QUOTE]

My Target had like 6 or 7 of the set about a week ago, but today they were gone. Oh well, saves me $88. If I want it that bad, my Walmart MIGHT still have it at $96 (although it's a mile away from Target, so chances are the same ***hole cleaned out both stores).

My dad's girlfriend's birthday was today. She said she wanted a new house for her birthday. So I bought her the Creator Log Cabin set. Even better was it was $23.44 on Amazon and my Target price matched it no questions asked. I probably would have picked up one for myself if they had had more than one in stock.

Debating if I want to build the Sith Infiltrator, Mandalorian Fighter, or Republic Striker-class Fighter tomorrow.

That sucks, it was really a good price, I didn't find it today at the Target near my house. After I found brickpicker.com that site really opened my eyes how cutthroat Lego has become. I just think it's funny some of the return some of these guys expect, just because we've had a few flukes resellers think all Lego sets are going to bring in bank.

[quote name='mweav067']My Target had like 6 or 7 of the set about a week ago, but today they were gone. Oh well, saves me $88. If I want it that bad, my Walmart MIGHT still have it at $96 (although it's a mile away from Target, so chances are the same ***hole cleaned out both stores).[/QUOTE]

We live in the same area and have the same nemesis. The Walmarts were cleared out within a day of that April 1 story. It's just insane how fast Lego disappears once discounts hit or fever spreads. Ten years ago clearance sets sat for months.

Just stumbled across this thread, wanted to know if anyone else has Lego mini figures addiction like I do. I'm looking to swap duplicates or find an active site that swaps.

[quote name='combatrhombus']Just stumbled across this thread, wanted to know if anyone else has Lego mini figures addiction like I do. I'm looking to swap duplicates or find an active site that swaps.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about series sets or ones from real sets?

[quote name='combatrhombus']Just stumbled across this thread, wanted to know if anyone else has Lego mini figures addiction like I do. I'm looking to swap duplicates or find an active site that swaps.[/QUOTE]

This site isn't really very good for setting up trades. Try miniaturetrading or toysnbricks forums. If you are looking for anything particular let me know. I am a member of both and actively trade.

[quote name='salty tbone']We live in the same area and have the same nemesis. The Walmarts were cleared out within a day of that April 1 story. It's just insane how fast Lego disappears once discounts hit or fever spreads. Ten years ago clearance sets sat for months.[/QUOTE]

I met a douche bag flipper at Target once, the fucker was bragging about how he cleared out Wal-Marts when Target misprinted the Pod Racer set in their ad.

bread's done
Back