LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='Max Power']This site isn't really very good for setting up trades. Try miniaturetrading or toysnbricks forums. If you are looking for anything particular let me know. I am a member of both and actively trade.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? I just traded last week, and will be trading again once I stop finding series 9 minifigures.

[quote name='elessar123']Are you talking about series sets or ones from real sets?[/QUOTE]

The series sets, the individual minifigures that are $3 a piece. We should setup a trade thread then for these, just not sure where to start it. Has anyone found series 10 for sale yet?

bigdaddy has a lego group, you can find it in his profile, I'm not sure if it's active or not. I stopped collecting minifigures after series 5. They were cool but it seemed Lego really tried to milk it really quick.

[quote name='combatrhombus']The series sets, the individual minifigures that are $3 a piece. We should setup a trade thread then for these, just not sure where to start it. Has anyone found series 10 for sale yet?[/QUOTE]

Hasn't been released yet, LEGO calendar says May 6th I believe in the USA. However series 7 came out mid April, right when I moved to a tiny island with very few LEGO sets.

I don't really have a LEGO group, I just see if I can find what people are looking for. encendido5 and I traded last week. I need to get more organized, but the issue is I mainly only need series 1 and 2, which are rarer than 3+, and some series 3.

Went to LEGOfest today with the kiddos. Had a ball.

They had two employees in the store feeling and sorting the minifig series 9 packs. Got me a few mermaids, chicken guy, starlet and a couple of the forest maiden as well. That was cool. Kinda bummed they didn't have any kind of exclusives for the event. Hell a discount (given the price of the event) would have been something, but nah, everything was SRP on sets you can walk into Target and find.

[quote name='salty tbone']We live in the same area and have the same nemesis. The Walmarts were cleared out within a day of that April 1 story. It's just insane how fast Lego disappears once discounts hit or fever spreads. Ten years ago clearance sets sat for months.[/QUOTE]

I just got back into Lego around October or so, and I noticed that a lot of clearance and discounted stuff would fly off the shelves around here. When I got my TIE Fighter for $24.50 at Kmart, they still had a bunch of them left but a day later the place was cleaned out.

I also need to track down Series 9. I still need half of the figures for it, but the Walmart over on the west side of town (near the Gamestop, Redner's, Hobbytown) was out when I was there on Friday.

[quote name='mweav067']I just got back into Lego around October or so, and I noticed that a lot of clearance and discounted stuff would fly off the shelves around here. When I got my TIE Fighter for $24.50 at Kmart, they still had a bunch of them left but a day later the place was cleaned out.

I also need to track down Series 9. I still need half of the figures for it, but the Walmart over on the west side of town (near the Gamestop, Redner's, Hobbytown) was out when I was there on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever go to Five Below? Haven't been there for a couple weeks but they had Series 9.

[quote name='salty tbone']Do you ever go to Five Below? Haven't been there for a couple weeks but they had Series 9.[/QUOTE]

I actually forgot they had a box there.

I found a few left at Giant. Sadly, I missed guessing one correctly and now have a spare judge to trade.

I need these:
Knight, Roller Skater, Mermaid, Space Trooper (White Armor), and the Plumber

If you guys need Series 9, I have duplicates of a few characters sealed I'm willing to sell for $3 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's the right set though, it was talked about on T&B and I noticed it myself before I went snooping around. The model number on the site is 70114 not 70014 which is pictured.

Yeah it's called "Sky Joust", so it was clearly wrong. Still a set we never have seen. How many sets will Chima have? I think it will hold the yearly record.

Hi, I have never ordered from Toysrus online before and I ordered a video game and I saw the ShopRunner service ad and it said I could get free day 2 shipping on my next order.
Can anyone let me know what the hell is actually eligible for the free 2 day shipping they promote?
I signed up for a free trial and every thing I put in my cart from video games to big Lego items it says isn't eligible.
Thanks

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hi, I have never ordered from Toysrus online before and I ordered a video game and I saw the ShopRunner service ad and it said I could get free day 2 shipping on my next order.
Can anyone let me know what the hell is actually eligible for the free 2 day shipping they promote?
I signed up for a free trial and every thing I put in my cart from video games to big Lego items it says isn't eligible.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Shoprunner sucks for TRU. don't bother.

Nothing is ever eligible, and what is, isn't worth it because it's probably not the ones on sale.

[quote name='xycury']Shoprunner sucks for TRU. don't bother.

Nothing is ever eligible, and what is, isn't worth it because it's probably not the ones on sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got duped by the ad on the website for it.I only got the free trial so I assume I can just cancel.
I was hoping I could use it for some Legos.Oh well.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Thanks, I got duped by the ad on the website for it.I only got the free trial so I assume I can just cancel.
I was hoping I could use it for some Legos.Oh well.[/QUOTE]

if you're lucky you can sometimes hop on deals.

but I would watch SD.net and see when you can get Shoprunner for free. don't pay for it.

The only bonus is that it works at Newegg so getting 2day shipping is nice.

There are other stores that shoprunner works on that don't suck nearly as much as TRU.

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/...sharp4&wid=4000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha

Picture of the City Center. I like the bus, the bike shop and bikes. The crane is a major disappointment to me. It looks basically the same as the one in the Construction Site from a few years ago.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74000&st=925
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74000&st=950

Pictures of Coast Guard sets and other City sets. Nothing new but high quality pics.

Digging the City Center. I saw the Lone Ranger sets at ToysRUs this afternoon and I gotta say they're looking pretty good. The train and the 2 building set in particular looked really good. Lots of track with the train it seems and finally the triumphant return of curved track! Might have to pick a couple up at some point (despite my desperate attempts to stop buying Lego and scale down my collection).

Yeah the new Lone Ranger sets look much better in person. Still not paying full price for what looks admittedly like some kick*ss wild west sets.

Anyway, I stopped by Tuesday Morning as I do about ever other month and they are simply overloaded on Kre-o if any of you guys are into that. Tons of Battleship (uuuuuugly), some Transformers, and of course "Best Lock" junk. I did find a Lego Dino Tower Takedown and Lego Mining Truck for about 50-60% off retail (depending on who you're comparing against).

For Kreo Transformers, they had:

Sideswipe $9.99
Sentinel Prime $19.99
Optimus Prime (full trailer) $29.99

They had many many many of each of those and pretty much the full line of Battleship stuff with multiples of each. Only one of each of the Lego sets though. I was amazed to see that Best Lock had somehow gotten the official Terminator license. They had a couple of sets for 60% off retail.

I'm sick of pizza places and bike shops and buses in big exclusive sets. I want a separate bus.

The GC plane and fishing boat is cool, but will probably be $60$70 and that's just too much.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm sick of pizza places and bike shops and buses in big exclusive sets. I want a separate bus.

The GC plane and fishing boat is cool, but will probably be $60$70 and that's just too much.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the buses. They need to make more commuter cars and public transportation in under $20 sets.

The CG and fishing boat can't be $60-70. It is only 279 pieces according to the box picture. I'm thinking more like $40 at most.

Picked up a full set of Series 10 from Target today! No Mr. Gold, but I think I got everybody -- I have yet to open them all.

TRU had Lone Ranger sets, but no Series 10.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I agree about the buses. They need to make more commuter cars and public transportation in under $20 sets.

The CG and fishing boat can't be $60-70. It is only 279 pieces according to the box picture. I'm thinking more like $40 at most.[/QUOTE]

Piece count doesn't matter with City sets. That little CG truck that should be $13, is $20. The helicopter with the little sailing raft is $40.

The last fishing boat we had, with the father and son was only 62 pieces and cost $20. I see the new one costing $20-$30, and a $30 plane, $50-60. I don't know why but City sets, more so the CG ones, cost an insane amount this year, it's why I added an extra $10-$20 to the price. :lol:

I hope it's only $40, that would be a pretty good deal. But it's probably $50. Exclusive sets seem to be $50 now-a-days.

[quote name='blandstalker']Picked up a full set of Series 10 from Target today! No Mr. Gold, but I think I got everybody -- I have yet to open them all.

TRU had Lone Ranger sets, but no Series 10.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the DPCI?

[quote name='elessar123']Looks better than half the Turtle sets still.

Wonder if they're all designed by the same team/person.[/QUOTE]

True, but when you compare it to the other $20 Superhero sets, Avengers truck, Spiderman car, helicopter, Aquaman and Batman ice sled, Iron Man boat (the previous worst of the $20 sets), the last awesome Superman set with Lex and his mech, it's really bad. Plus it has 40 less pieces than the other sets in the range.

[quote name='bigdaddy']...the last awesome Superman set with Lex and his mech....[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious.

Why does Iron Man need a boat?

Great question, but why does Spiderman have a flying motorcycle? Why is Batman wearign white when his sled is still black? Why would Batman bother saving Aquaman? :Lol:

Better yet, why is there an Iron Man 3 spoiler on the front of the box for the house attack set?!?

It shows Pepper wearing iron man armor... Thanks Lego, that would have been kind of a cool moment to see in the movie...

Is Toysrus the only place where the Lone Rangers's have been spotted?

I buy like one Lego a year at TRU and I was there yesterday and I can't believe the mark up on all the Lego's.Are they marked up that much in all TRU stores?
I had a 20% off coupon and with the coupon all the sets were still cheaper on Amazon.

[quote name='demonchylde']I grabbed some of the ghost clock polys at Target this morning. I already have the redesigned ghost from the Halloween pack from the Lego Store, but I wanted more. Two for me and one each for my kids. They had a ton of them.

I think the new ghost has already been praised by others, but I wanted to mention that the clock itself is a pretty nifty little build and would look great in either the Haunted House or the Vampyre Castle.[/QUOTE]

Yes, ToysRUs has a significant Lego markup in-store and then has the cajones to list MSRP on their website advertised as a "sale"... You should see the markup around Christmas time, it's atrocious.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Is Toysrus the only place where the Lone Rangers's have been spotted?

I buy like one Lego a year at TRU and I was there yesterday and I can't believe the mark up on all the Lego's.Are they marked up that much in all TRU stores?
I had a 20% off coupon and with the coupon all the sets were still cheaper on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah skip TRU. The only actual sale they had was a few weeks ago when they had two Galaxy Squad sets for an actual 30% off, because for some reason TRU forgot to mark up the sets.

Sometime this week other stores should start stocking the sets, Lone Ranger official release is tomorrow the 15th.

Man I want that new Lone Ranger train...but I have to buy a new car and start making payments again after not having to for 6 years. Growing up sucks.

Bikes are cheap. ;)

[quote name='elessar123']

Why does Iron Man need a boat?[/QUOTE]

BTW, it's not Iron Man's boat. The bad guys use the dark green vehicles. Why does Iron Man need fancy cars? ;)

And why doesn't Iron Man just call up Thor, and Captain America if he needs help?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah skip TRU. The only actual sale they had was a few weeks ago when they had two Galaxy Squad sets for an actual 30% off, because for some reason TRU forgot to mark up the sets.

Sometime this week other stores should start stocking the sets, Lone Ranger official release is tomorrow the 15th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.I mostly buy all my sets for the year on Amazon and then some at Target or Walmart.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Bikes are cheap. ;)[/QUOTE]

City boy! I live in the sticks...and I've gotta haul around kids...and I've gotta impress the ladies with my ride like Tony Stark!

Ladies: "Who is that dreamy 40 year old, bald guy driving that awesome Mazda3 hatchback with the two kids in the back...OMG, it's husher!!!"

Seriously, I think I'm gonna sell my extra Hogwart's express which seem to be fetching $150-200 on ebay and use that to buy the LR train.

Is that the new HP or the old one. I bought the new one from Kmart for $30. :lol:

TRU is also good for minifigures and BOGO50% sales.

The Lone Ranger sets are up at SaH and Amazon.

And am I the only one who thinks the Mister Gold thing is all a little crazy? He isn't that good of a mini figure, he will never be found by anyone we know. LEGO has to make at least 100,000 boxes worldwide. If every TRU on the planet gets only 10, and mine normally gets 25ish, that would be 15,000 just for TRU nevermind Target, Walmart, Kmart, Fred Meyers seems to get insane amounts. That's a 5% chance the box you are looking at will have a Gold and then there is a 1 in 60 chance you will get it. That's insanely unlikely.

But does this mean the box will have 61 minifigures in it? Or does LEGO take one of the minifigures away?

bread's done
Back