LEGO Deals 3

Sales of the CMF have fallen and I think it's because of the horrible only two sets per box bullshit. 1.6% chance of getting a minifigure you might want is horrible.
I have to say it does feel worse this time. I finally completed the set today.

Found a display in Target with Series 11 and Series 9. I felt all the Series 11. No Tikis, no Waitresses, no Pretzel Girls. One Grandma and one Sax Player (now mine). One Scarecrow. Sheesh.

Now that I've got a Sax Player, I can see why I had a hard time. It's simple, but very flexible. He can go in lots of different themes, and the sax is a neat little accessory. I'd get multiples.

It's a shame this series is starting to cause annoyance. I think it's a really good set, and I intend to get some more of certain figures. If I ever can.

The stars are the dots, the 2nd dot by the numbers may actually be in the last number, but all the dots line up across in a row. so if they are printed off, the dots may line up below the number. again, VERY easy to spot the dots for Tiki. Sucks there is only 2 in a box.
Wow, I tried doing the dot code thing and that totally lost me. I think Season 11 is very easy to feel, though. No mistakes this time, either.

Found series 11 at Target today.  Gave my kids each one.  Got sax player and grandma as well.  Are they hard to find or something?

Want the Yeti, Gingerbread man & scarecrow.

TRU actually has the Dolphin Cruiser priced at SRP.  Wonder if they'll mark it up for the B1G50%.  I need to grab two for Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Mindstorms is the only exclusion for the B1G1 50% off? Sweet, I need to pick up a couple minifig display cases
You and your minifig cases... But this sale is only for construction sets and games. Sorry I didn't mention that..

Your best bet is to use the F&F coupon that I posted and buy them next week.

Wow, I tried doing the dot code thing and that totally lost me. I think Season 11 is very easy to feel, though. No mistakes this time, either.
tiki really is one of the only ones that I could have matched up. Sometimes it's easier to just exclude bags, and feel for them afterwards. Sometimes they switch dot locations per shipments, but so far this must have been the first batch for TRU.

Traveled to many Targets and was able to find some series 9, which I was kinda stoked. Picked up three of them then I found Ghost Train at another location on clearance for 70%, purchased two and each came out to $24, which was killer!

Bummed that one store was selling Helm's Deep at full price! WTF?

You and your minifig cases... But this sale is only for construction sets and games. Sorry I didn't mention that..

Your best bet is to use the F&F coupon that I posted and buy them next week.
Thanks. Yeah TRU is my only option for the cases. The lego store by me carried them for like 2-3 months earlier this year but they were asking even more than TRU. My wife is tired of all the minifigs collecting dust on shelves so she has given me the green light to pick up more cases. TRU sales are going to be my only way of catching up, so coupon it is!

They actually had one for $28 and one for $30, it's been $30 a few times since it's release.  I went to check out and it was gone at $28.

I have no proof of this, but it seems like Lego would shift the distribution of each per box at the end of the series 11 run.  It probably helps their sales early with what they are doing with it now.  

I have no proof of this, but it seems like Lego would shift the distribution of each per box at the end of the series 11 run. It probably helps their sales early with what they are doing with it now.

What do you mean? Nothing really has changed with the CMF except that the 12th series will be based on the upcoming movie.

I remember reading that. Saw a poster on another board say he bought one in TX, turns out they were from a store that had leftovers from that minibuild event. Then I saw that they're sold online now
You saw them on tru.com?

edit: Nevermind, I see it now. Hopefully that means all the stores will carry them.

I just called my store and they said it doesn't seem like the stores in my district carry that item.

Traveled to many Targets and was able to find some series 9, which I was kinda stoked. Picked up three of them then I found Ghost Train at another location on clearance for 70%, purchased two and each came out to $24, which was killer!

Bummed that one store was selling Helm's Deep at full price! WTF?
My target had Helms Deep for $65 I believe. Pirateship was full price though

Hey I'm in Illinois!

If anyone wants me to pick up a Geoffrey to trade for some older figs, let me know. I can't guarantee the TRU will have them but I did see a couple bags this morning during the friends build.

What figures are you looking for?
I'm looking for figs older than series 9 as that's when we got into the hobby. I like the horror-themes ones(looking for vampire and bat, ), and my son really wants the hockey player. My wife likes the gorilla and leprochaun. Hope that helps.

I'm looking for figs older than series 9 as that's when we got into the hobby. I like the horror-themes ones(looking for vampire and bat, ), and my son really wants the hockey player. My wife likes the gorilla and leprochaun. Hope that helps.
I have an unopened series 4 The Monster if you're interested shoot me a pm

The fire station has been there awhile, it's a really "ehh" set.  The Police Station has been $66-$73 recently.  That seems like a much better deal because of baseplates and so many windows.  (Most of the fire station is just open.)

There is also a Hobbit Gathering set for $47.  There was one last week for $44.  I know I should buy it but I just don't have the extra money right now.

The police station actually dropped to $70.26.

Keep an eye out, I've seen the big CC style sets for $126-$133 several times, and that big Batman set for $135.

Right now there is a NinjaGo temple set for $46, normally 70, that's like 32% off and Christmas is coming.

Are some of the AWD by 3rd party sellers, since the prices dont make sense sometimes. There are times when it says that the box might have cosmetic damage and it sold for a lot less than Amazon new price and other times it says used-like new and its priced at close to double what it's selling for new, directly from amazon.

I'm assuming that when its just "cosmetic" box damage its coming directly from Amazon but when its used, its mostly 3rd party items being fulfilled by Amazon, except for the occasional customer returns that are used but are reasonably priced at lower than new prices.

It has to deal with the computer program too, sometimes a set will drop in price for "new" and the "used" one won't for awhile or will be removed.  But I think it's also some third party has a bend box so it goes by that third party "new" list price.

AWD has a City Museum Break set for $39, an Old Republic battle pack for $8, the 2013 SW advent calendar for $35 ($5 off) and wolverine helicopter for $14.

Not always, just when they have extra of something and you spend enough.  Last time it was a Chima Speeder set.

AWD has a City Calendar for this year for $24 and a LotR Mines of M---- for $51, a Goblin King set for $65 (That's been going up and down).  They have been having some newer stuff recently, like the overpriced Coast Guard sets, and soem NinjaGo if anyoen is looking for Christmas shopping early (and before sales tax in Massachusetts stars in  few weeks).

I guess you can build anything. :lol:
Your entry is invalid as it has already been created:

Lego_413fd3_1108291.jpg

I think the contest has already been won before it even started:

lego-brickfair-2012-2.jpg

Saturday morning, I found a Gungun Sub for half off at 34.99 at my local Target. For 465 pcs, it's really expensive at 70, but for 35, it's not bad just for Queen Amidala.

Sweet!  TRU didn't jack up the Dolphin Cruiser for the sale.  Nabbed 2 for $111 after tax, which works out to about $15 off each.  Not shabby.

*edit - damn, looks like Amazon dropped it to $56, so I got two for $1 less than Amazon.   :lol:  Oh well, with TRU I have an easier return option.  Also of the last two 'big' LEGO sets from amazon I got(Creator Firehouse, B-Wing), both were opened and the box to one was crushed.

Sweet! TRU didn't jack up the Dolphin Cruiser for the sale. Nabbed 2 for $111 after tax, which works out to about $15 off each. Not shabby.

*edit - damn, looks like Amazon dropped it to $56, so I got two for $1 less than Amazon. :lol: Oh well, with TRU I have an easier return option. Also of the last two 'big' LEGO sets from amazon I got(Creator Firehouse, B-Wing), both were opened and the box to one was crushed.
What about Target? 120 day return policy if you have a red card.

The Target sale on Super Heroes is great.  The X-Men helicopter is $12.80, the Spiderman flying car set is $13.60 (That I just bought for $15!), Quinjet is only $43, the Iron Man house is $28.

That is a great sale!  Picked up the Spiderman flying car set, Black Zero (ehh, but it disappears around me) and the Iron Man House.  Free shipping plus another 5% off is sweet.

bread's done
Back