LEGO Deals 3

Saw a Temporary Price Cut sign for the LEGO The Hobbit The Goblin King Battle ( 79010 ) at Target for $54.00.  Price is good through October 5th.  I was able to pricematch at Toys R Us (so I could use my Reward "coupons" and get the 10% back).  Target DPCI is 204-00-0706.

48ac86d1-1910-4137-823b-ebc0193c07ae_zps9d3a8e2a.jpg
d6026727-4d00-47e5-a37a-8821e623da43_zps940455cd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was $54 online last Saturday morning from 3am Eastern to 11am.   :lol:

My BttF set came in today.  I opened it and the box was near mint.  There was a few small creases on the sides, nothing I wouldn't expect being shipped and better than most of what stores stick on the shelves.  There was also a lot more tape / stickers holding the box shut.  I was very happy  because the box looks great and opens nicely and I'm planning on keeping it.  Sometimes on AMD there is more tape than box.  :lol:

Ooh, that does look nice.  Now I just need to pick up the Pet Shop and Town Hall before they're pulled.  Wish Amazon would run a deal on them.

Beautiful building with a nice interior and yet the two things that attract me the most are the scooter and the white croissants. 

Ooh, that does look nice. Now I just need to pick up the Pet Shop and Town Hall before they're pulled. Wish Amazon would run a deal on them.
You can do the mperks 20 off of 150 to buy a kindle gift card and apply that to your amazon account. 20 off is better than nothing

I picked up the Sith and Republic trooper battle pack from AWD for 8.xx.

I know a lot of people don't like the Old Republic sets, but as a devout player and someone who is in love with the MMO and the lore, I am crazy about them.

I hope they sell really poorly so I can continue to get them at great prices :)

I like the minifigures, that's all I care about with sets like that.  i don't have prime for just the reason I'm affraid I'll but every set that reaches $8.  :lol:

Has anyone applied to the LEGO Brand Stores?  I'm wondering where they post job openings and if you apply online or in the store.

Tito works at the one in Rockefeller Plaza, I think somebody else got a job there here too, I can't remember though.

This was all I found online.

Saw Walmart added the Batcave to its clearance at $49, but none of the lingering clearance sets have been reduced further yet.

They also put some regular price reductions in effect.  Got Doc Ock Ambush for $23.97...never see this set on sale, so 20% off is good enough for me.

I am beginning to hate walmart. I keep driving to random ones that show the clearance sets in stock online but when I get there they are nowhere to be found and no one knows where they are...

I am beginning to hate walmart. I keep driving to random ones that show the clearance sets in stock online but when I get there they are nowhere to be found and no one knows where they are...
From what I've gathered on this it's one of two things, the sets were damaged/pilfered and sent where back/thrown away and stay in the system. The other thing I've heard from employees is that people will put a different UPC over the original UPC to buy at a lower price thus leaving it in the system.

From what I've gathered on this it's one of two things, the sets were damaged/pilfered and sent where back/thrown away and stay in the system. The other thing I've heard from employees is that people will put a different UPC over the original UPC to buy at a lower price thus leaving it in the system.
One walmart had 10 jabbas palace showing in stock but they didn't know where they were lol

Has anyone applied to the LEGO Brand Stores? I'm wondering where they post job openings and if you apply online or in the store.
If the store you're interested in isn't listed on the jobs page, they may not be looking for anyone there. However, it never hurts to go in and talk to the manager. I worked at my then local Lego Store almost two years ago; I first submitted an application through their job portal, then went and actually spoke with the store manager. I don't think my online application never changed from pending once they hired me (in fact, I think it eventually changed to "not selected" or something like that before expiring). The manager asked me if I'd submitted one when I first spoke with her, so maybe she did look at it; who knows but her? Regardless, definitely speak with the manager.

There's a contest on TnB to build a 1:1 scale model of "something" but to keep it less than 1 foot cubed.  It seems like a pretty straight forward contest and should be easy to come up with something.  I know a bunch of you are members over there too, so just a heads up.

There's a contest on TnB to build a 1:1 scale model of "something" but to keep it less than 1 foot cubed. It seems like a pretty straight forward contest and should be easy to come up with something. I know a bunch of you are members over there too, so just a heads up.
Seems like the one entry so far might have killed the contest :) I decided to not even bother with this one, even with my entries always being less than serious(I'm still at zero votes, lifetime!!)

I don't know why Toys N Bricks even bother.  Their contests run for 1-2 months and get 15 entries at the most, all within the last  few days.  I have one idea in my mind, but everything else seems either too big or too round.

AWDs - 

Red Minecraft set for $28 and a BttF set for $30.

The BttF set kept coming and going in and out of stock keep an eye out.

And the LEGO Store I want to work at is hiring (the thing is listed since July 1 :( ) I was just looking into the wrong town.  It's the Rochester NY store, but I thought it was in Pittsford, Google says it was no where, and LEGO says Victor.

So how do you make a LEGO specific resume? :lol:  I'm a gardener / horticulturist so it's clear, and easy for plant jobs.  But LEGOs is different.

Galaxy Squad Eradicator Mech is $28.79 at Amazon.  I've had my eye on that set for a while.  Nothing can beat the Samurai Mech in looks so I'm still on the fence...

So I wanted to start building the BTTF set but it looks like one of the loose plates fell out :(

Edit: never mind, I'm just blind

:lol:

I just finished mine. It's way overpriced, but the minifigures are awesome and everyone will love it on my desk. :)
Yeah, it's weird. At certain angles, it looks great, but at others, it just looks like a bunch of bricks randomly put together. It doesn't have much stability either. The doors and the hoses fall off pretty easily. I guess it's made more as a display set than a play set, but I think they could have done a better job.

I like the back of the car, but the front is just all wrong.

I finished up the series 11.  I enjoy it.  The scarecrow is probably my favorite minifigure in the whole line of them.  The elf, yeti (so cute), gingerbread man and islander also amazing.

Can't wait to see what the movie minifigures will bring.

EDIT - 

Corvin buy the Pet Shop first, it will be retired first.  The town hall is on the back of the new set.

And my TRU had a bunch of 40077 the TRU exclusive giraffe head and the little lawn mower.

Was at the Lego store for the fire safety mini build and they actually had in Deloreans (also new Minecraft sets) and I still had my 10% off coupon to use before it expires on Sunday. I know it's not much of a discount but there was nothing else I wanted at the moment and I didn't want the coupon to go to waste. The cashier checked the three page list of items the coupon wouldn't work on. He said it was on the list but scanned it anyways and it worked

I'm surprised the Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium haven't been discontinued, if the Pet Shop is gone before those two sets I would be very surprised.

I'm surprised the Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium haven't been discontinued, if the Pet Shop is gone before those two sets I would be very surprised.
I htought Grand Emporium was long gone. Nevermind you should have plenty of time just get the sets in ordered of when they were released.

Besides the fire station, no one wants that one, it will be around until they just finally run out of stock in 2031. :lol:

I know in the past the stores would devote an end cap to the worst most overstocked toys for a few bucks a piece but they were never legos. Usually action figures that have rotted on shelves for a few years.

Which Walmart?
Monterey highway in San Jose.

Saw and didn't buy?????????????
I am on vacation and would have to figure out how to shove them in my suitcase.

I saw that Fry's has the lego alien mothership for $14.99 and the King's carriage ambush for $14.99 on their website. In-store pickup only.

Apparently a lot of Walmart stores in the bay area drop prices multiple times as no one buys their crap. The dolphin cruiser even had the $25 price tag on the shelf.

I am on vacation and would have to figure out how to shove them in my suitcase.
That's no excuse! A couple of years ago, I was on vacation and brought home an AT-AT and a bunch of Kre-o sets [excuse: they were new, and I was living in Canada at the time, where they were much more expensive]. So long as you don't care about the box, Lego packs very easily.

I saw that Fry's has the lego alien mothership for $14.99 and the King's carriage ambush for $14.99 on their website. In-store pickup only.
Thanks for this. My local Fry's has both, as well as the Geonosian Starfighter for $14.99. I placed a store pickup order. We'll see if it goes through.

That's no excuse! A couple of years ago, I was on vacation and brought home an AT-AT and a bunch of Kre-o sets [excuse: they were new, and I was living in Canada at the time, where they were much more expensive]. So long as you don't care about the box, Lego packs very easily.

Thanks for this. My local Fry's has both, as well as the Geonosian Starfighter for $14.99. I placed a store pickup order. We'll see if it goes through.
My wife would not be pleased as I already have a suitcase full of legos from when I was a kid.

If NinjaGo goes modernish I rather it went steampunk cyborgs meets Exo-Force.  The cyborgs are cool, the purple is nice, but yeah the sets are rather boring, no new temple?

But Friends is nice, cookies and scooters and dophins.  :)

bread's done
Back