LEGO Deals 3

I'm torn between ordering the Winter Village Cottage or the VW T1 Camper Van. Anyone on here have them?
I ordered the winter cottage myself earlier today. Thought it looked like a great set to build in December! I saw the Camper Van as well and I think it looks pretty awesome. Hard choice between the two but the cottage is $20 cheaper if that helps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also ordered the Winter Cottage. I'm going to break out the Toy Shop and Bakery on Thanksgiving and build those again. I'm disappointed that the Post Office wasn't available again this year.

I hope they have some actual deals on Black Friday.

Ended up getting the Cottage and Market sets. Figure I'll start collecting some Winter Village stuff to build with the boys when they're older. Too bad the earlier sets are so expensive from third parties.

I just got into the WV line two years ago.  How many have there been?  I bought everything available at that point onward(it was a pricey first year buying 3 sets):

Toy Shop

Bakery

Post Office

Cottage

Market

It's been cold and rainy here so we already started rebuilding them this year.  Plus it gives the kids more time to play with them prior to Christmas.  

Frys had a couple of sets on sale yesterday, had the Tumbler chase for $23.99 pricmatched at Target so I could get an additional 5% off

Corbin you have them all, the Toy Shop was the first. There was also a train in 2006 but it's not considered part of the series.

I ordered two small things yesterday and LEGO Shop never gave me an email, or order number and the only reason I know it went through was it's pending on my card. They need to get their act together.

Corbin you have them all, the Toy Shop was the first. There was also a train in 2006 but it's not considered part of the series.

I ordered two small things yesterday and LEGO Shop never gave me an email, or order number and the only reason I know it went through was it's pending on my card. They need to get their act together.
I placed 2 orders yesterday. Both got confirmation screens and order numbers, but I only got an email for one of them. Lego was definitely having server issues.

LEGO Shop after I hit "Place Order" went back to my cart that had the two items I was buying.  That's a HUGE fuck up.  I thought I waited too long so the thing logged me out.  The only reason I didn't rebuy the things is I saw others had issues and necked my card.  They have had the website for over 10 years, at some point you would think they would know what they were doing.  This isn't a small flaw, it's the Obamadoesn'tCare website size flaw.  :lol:

I got the WV Cottage this year and have been building it with the kids.  We are enjoying it so far.  I bought the A wing, GS Star Slicer, and the MBA Space Designer yesterday.  I would like to thank whoever posted about the GS Starship the other day from AWD.  Ordered and I built with my son yesterday.  We had a blast building and he has been playing with it all day today.  

I have just recently gotten back into Lego.  My kids are now old (4 & 7) enough to play with them with just minor guidance on my part.  It is really fun to watch them figure out how to put together the kits.    

I placed 2 orders yesterday. Both got confirmation screens and order numbers, but I only got an email for one of them. Lego was definitely having server issues.
After seeing this, I went to check my email and, sure enough, I don't have one.

I then went to Account Info and it didn't list the order. Finally, I ended up at Order Status (which I only found when trying to send an email) and it's listed there.

Come to think of it, the first time I hit "Checkout" yesterday, it bounced me back to the front screen and deleted the holiday exclusive from my cart. Then it reappeared. (It's in the order itself.)

Maybe they got more of a response than they were expecting?

I sure hope there aren't any easily available deals for the teeming hordes that are better than this next week. Is it cynical of me to think there will be?

I didn't get an email confirmation either.  Went into my Lego account and my order is there, so I'm not terribly worried.  My biggest worry is that I have to send the sets to work (I'm off all this week) since they might be delivered next week.  I have a small backlog so not a big deal.  

On a slightly different topic, I am looking at putting my house on the market in the next 6 months or so.  I'm thinking about doing using some of the Lego Architecture models as pieces to stage in my office.  It has been suggested to remove family pictures, etc. and I think they might be a decent something to have on the bookshelves so they aren't completely empty.  At least that is the excuse I am using with my wife right now.   :)

LEGO is shit.  My order isn't listed anywhere on the website, I never got an email or an order number, but it's listed under my credit card as pending.  They better not fuck this up.  I stopped ordering from them years ago when they started shipping sets from a third party and it took 2-3 weeks for me to get a set. Then they got rid of free shipping codes, now discounts. This is my first order since September 2012, could very well be my last.

AWD has a BttF set for $25.81.

Glad to hear someone else likes the GS gunship.  I bought mine for $13 or $14 and it's a great set.  Loe how the cockpit stays one way when the wings can spin.   Because otherwise a human couldn't survive.  :lol:

Plus it's blue and white and not orange and white.

Any rumblings about whether they'll do something like this again for Black Friday? I was traveling almost all day Saturday and didn't remember to get an order for anything in before midnight. :(

Lego AT-TE is $60.99 on Target.com use code TGCDNTUZ to get $5 off. After discounts and red card it's $57.45, not bad for a $90 set.

Amazon has the same price if you want to go that route.

Fred Meyer has one of their better deals this week. 25% off toy purchase coupon, plus an additional $10 off $50, $20 off $100 or $30 off $150. I picked up 2 of the Hobbit elf army builder sets and on of the Ninjago little mech sets for ~$42. Not bad.

Not a retail deal, but I have tons of 80s and 90s Lego I plan on selling soon. City, space, paradisa, castles, possibly pirates. I'm in the process of taking them out of storage, building to check completeness, and snapping photos. PM me if interested or if you're looking for anything specific.

Damn you! Walmart clearance here never seems to drop after the first wave...
They were all gone for about 2 month, then it and the Millenium Falcon showed up. The falcon was $50, so I grabbed it too. The walmart by my work has had the same lego sets on clearance since september with no price drops. Sucks because my son wants Craggers ship, but im holding out for another price drop. Its $54 now on clearance at this store, and regular price in the christmas to add they put out

Amazon had King's Castle in the $70 range this morning. I should have grabbed it then. It is back up to full price now. I have been using camelcamelcamel.com to track stuff on Amazon. You can see historic pricing and get price alert emails. Looking at King's Castle the price has been dropping steadily since August.

Amazon had King's Castle in the $70 range this morning. I should have grabbed it then. It is back up to full price now. I have been using camelcamelcamel.com to track stuff on Amazon. You can see historic pricing and get price alert emails. Looking at King's Castle the price has been dropping steadily since August.
It's still $70 at Target and there is a $5 coupon that expires today.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-castle-king-s-castle-70404/-/A-14547583#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=lego+castle

Kids and I stopped at the local TRU and noticed all the new Ninjago and Hobbit sets were on the shelves.  Ninjago Mechdragon looked kinda cool at a glance.

Kids and I stopped at the local TRU and noticed all the new Ninjago and Hobbit sets were on the shelves. Ninjago Mechdragon looked kinda cool at a glance.
It was on the shelves here last week, minus the $50 LotR/Hobbit army builder set.

Edit: I don't actually know which $50 army set it is, cause I don't see one at that price on the Lego site. It just said something army set, 49.99, coming soon. And it's not the Mirkwood $29.99 one.

Looks like the Lego site has gone through a redesign.  Gutsy move right before BF.  Maybe I'm just a beta tester for the site since I was asked for feedback when I'm done.  Essentially the pages are tabbed once you click through to a theme.  For example, for LEGO City you get tabs for airport, coast guard, fire, etc.  

Too bad they're not offering triple VIP points again and I'm not seeing anything great about the sale.  I missed out on getting the bonus set so I'm going to have to figure out what to get.  Probably another WV cottage for resale later.

Got the Malibu mansion at Target, had them price match Walmarts $29 price, used the $5 off coupon and got 5% off with red card

went and did the same thing with the battle of smallville set, after price match, coupon and red card it came to $25

bread's done
Back