LEGO Deals 3

Thank god, no LotR/Hobbit and no modulars. I might be safe.
The Hobbit sets will be out around October Brickset lists...it says only 3 sets but according to their new data entries it is 4 sets:

The Hobbit

Three sets will be available in October. They did not have names. One was a small rock piece, the middle-priced one was another part of Lake-town, a tower IIRC, and the largest featured Smaug. It was a nondescript structure made predominantly from sand green. I'd like to tell you what minifigs are included but I can't remember.

http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?year=2014&theme=The%20Hobbit

*EDIT* more info he posted in the comments section instead of updating the actual article...they sound pretty nice:

Posted by Huw in United Kingdom, 22 Jan 2014 14:07
I've just listened to the voice recording I made while going round the stand so can shed some more light on the Hobbit sets. I'm also hoping that the other attendees can pitch in and fill some gaps and I suspect Pete will do so in his report at FBTB.

So, there are 4 sets:

The small one with Galadriel and the witch king
Lake town bell tower has some important character something like bain? in it
Battle of the five armies, I don't recall much about that
The Lonely Mountain, the one with Smaug in it.

Sorry it's so vague, there's so much to take in and not much time to do so!

No new LotR. (In the Hobbit sets) There were dwarves, orcs, elves and men in the sets. I remember only Galadriel who's in the smallest one I believe. As I mentioned nearly everything new -- minifigs and parts -- were either not there or were prototypes. The final Smaug wasn't present, he was represented by a Castle dragon.
It sucks there will be no more LotR sets apparently. I was hoping for one with one of the flying Nazguls and elephants. Also, has anyone seen or heard about the Hobbit Legolas polybag 30215? There have been a handful on ebay from Europe somewhere for like $40 but nothing yet here in the states. The laketown one was briefly at TRU which was the 30216 set.

The list also didnt include the super hero sets but they listed (Guardians of the Galaxy is a plus):

Super Heroes

Two ranges of Super Heroes were on display which I didn't much attention to to be honest. Under cover, but revealed to us were the three Guardians of the Galaxy sets. As usual with SH sets they looked to be very minifigure-focussed with weak supporting vehicles, although the largest, some sort of blue and yellow spacecraft, looked fairly interesting. These are apparently out in June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god, no LotR/Hobbit and no modulars. I might be safe.
From what I see they only do one modular a year with this year being the Parisian. I don't know if I would be happy about 2 or more a year or sad that I would quickly run out of a storage.

I'm happy there's nothing big in the City section though I was hoping for more info on that giant Lego Movie ship

Giant movie ship set will be shown mid February, it's on the LEGO Store calendar.  It will aso be shown at the NYC Toy Fair

Giant movie ship set will be shown mid February, it's on the LEGO Store calendar. It will aso be shown at the NYC Toy Fair
Cool, hopefully it'll will release shortly after that (and hopefully I'll be working by then). On a better note, got the Monster Fighters castle for 20 bucks (80% off) today at the local Lego store. Didn't intend to get it but we have most of the Monster Fighters stuff from clearance and I figure we may make that our second series that we try and complete. The one at Sugarloaf Mills in Atlanta has quite a few 50% off or more. I don't know if that's standard for Lego stores but I was impressed how much was being clearanced out.

Cool, hopefully it'll will release shortly after that (and hopefully I'll be working by then). On a better note, got the Monster Fighters castle for 20 bucks (80% off) today at the local Lego store. Didn't intend to get it but we have most of the Monster Fighters stuff from clearance and I figure we may make that our second series that we try and complete. The one at Sugarloaf Mills in Atlanta has quite a few 50% off or more. I don't know if that's standard for Lego stores but I was impressed how much was being clearanced out.
This one? http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Monster-Fighters-Vampyre-Castle/dp/B007Q0OQCK

lol if so, pick me up one for only $20 thats awesome...I live about 2 hours outside of ATL, no other stores near here.

[quote name="Fatbot3" post="11467972" timestamp="1390511989"]Cool, hopefully it'll will release shortly after that (and hopefully I'll be working by then). On a better note, got the Monster Fighters castle for 20 bucks (80% off) today at the local Lego store. Didn't intend to get it but we have most of the Monster Fighters stuff from clearance and I figure we may make that our second series that we try and complete. The one at Sugarloaf Mills in Atlanta has quite a few 50% off or more. I don't know if that's standard for Lego stores but I was impressed how much was being clearanced out. [/quote]

Sale price is $99 at Culver City, CA store.

The Hobbit sets will be out around October Brickset lists...it says only 3 sets but according to their new data entries it is 4 sets:

The Hobbit

Three sets will be available in October. They did not have names. One was a small rock piece, the middle-priced one was another part of Lake-town, a tower IIRC, and the largest featured Smaug. It was a nondescript structure made predominantly from sand green. I'd like to tell you what minifigs are included but I can't remember.

http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?year=2014&theme=The%20Hobbit

*EDIT* more info he posted in the comments section instead of updating the actual article...they sound pretty nice:

It sucks there will be no more LotR sets apparently. I was hoping for one with one of the flying Nazguls and elephants. Also, has anyone seen or heard about the Hobbit Legolas polybag 30215? There have been a handful on ebay from Europe somewhere for like $40 but nothing yet here in the states. The laketown one was briefly at TRU which was the 30216 set.

The list also didnt include the super hero sets but they listed (Guardians of the Galaxy is a plus):

Super Heroes

Two ranges of Super Heroes were on display which I didn't much attention to to be honest. Under cover, but revealed to us were the three Guardians of the Galaxy sets. As usual with SH sets they looked to be very minifigure-focussed with weak supporting vehicles, although the largest, some sort of blue and yellow spacecraft, looked fairly interesting. These are apparently out in June.
Ok, not safe. At all =P

The Lake Town bell tower is probably Bard
who kills Smaug.

I've been hoping for a Witch King, since I have 8 normal ringwraiths, and didn't want to find a 5th cheap Weathertop to sell without the minifigs. That'll get me my nine.

Five Armies is probably just mostly an army builder (orc+warg+dwarf+man+elf per set probably).

And Smaug is Smaug. If he looks as nice as the dragon in the recent castle sets, I'll be happy.

Sale price is $99 at Culver City, CA store.
That's so weird. I couldn't really make heads or tails on why some sets were 30%, 50%, or in a couple cases 66% off. They were all from the same series in many cases. For example they had a City Police Station for 50 but the City Fire Station was 85.

The Fire Station is newer than the police station.  The police station has been replaced when the fire station has not.

Went to a local Toys R US and this was randomly on the shelf. Dunno if its been in the back room for years or what. Was on sale for 55. Tag was marked 80 though. That seems extreme even for TRU markups.

Consider yourself lucky since that set will fetch you over $100 easily brand new. It was probably lost in the back somewhere, I've seen it happen quite a few times.

Nice...I regret not getting any of the Harry Potter sets. I wish I had at least gotten the main castle and diagon alley. Their website actually still lists this and Hagrids Hut as "sold in stores".

I have all of them except Daigon Alley, it's ok though, I only liked one of the buildings out of the three. I do have a few extra Burrows and Hagrids Huts though, I'm hoping one day I could trade for that set.

My wife wants the modular buildings now...of course fire brigade nowhere to be found..if anyone knows of one I would be interested and even would pay to ship...pm me.

Thanks

That's so weird. I couldn't really make heads or tails on why some sets were 30%, 50%, or in a couple cases 66% off. They were all from the same series in many cases. For example they had a City Police Station for 50 but the City Fire Station was 85.
. I will be stopping there on my way home. I drive by Sugarloaf Mills on my commute and I'm in that store fairly often. I have been able to pick up some good clearance sets there. I was in there on Monday and they mostly had Chima clearances. Sounds like they added some stuff.

My wife wants the modular buildings now...of course fire brigade nowhere to be found..if anyone knows of one I would be interested and even would pay to ship...pm me.

Thanks
Same here. I believe one of the Lego stores near me still has it at MSRP and will ship for 15 bucks I believe. It's the Sugarloaf Pkwy Lego Store in Lawrenceville, Ga.. Their number is (678) 847-6078. I bought our Fire Brigade there when it had just been discontinued.

Went to a local Toys R US and this was randomly on the shelf. Dunno if its been in the back room for years or what. Was on sale for 55. Tag was marked 80 though. That seems extreme even for TRU markups.

That was almost the same experience when I went last September to my local TRU and found 4841-1: Hogwarts Express randomly. The employee was taking it to the back, so I asked her if it was for sale. She gave it to me and said, you want this?

I should have asked her out, she was hot!

My local Barnes and Noble had a bunch of Harry Potter stuff but it wasn't my thing. They eventually clearanced some of them but I can't remember if they had a B&N mark up to start. I can always check if someone is looking for something specific, though I'm not sure if they have anything left. I do remember them keeping them for a looooong time.

Yeah I'd take just about any Harry Potter set from the sets of 2010-2011. The older ones just look a little too dated. I've only got a couple LotR sets that I need then I'm sure I'll be trying to find a decent price on the HP stuff but I don't have a lot of hope lol.

Also, if anyone happens to run across one of the Wolverine's Chopper Showdown 6866 sets, please let me know...I would like to grab one but I guess it got retired. I even watched it on Amazon during the holidays and it was only $15 but I held off just b/c I was getting other stuff first.

My local Barnes and Noble had a bunch of Harry Potter stuff but it wasn't my thing. They eventually clearanced some of them but I can't remember if they had a B&N mark up to start. I can always check if someone is looking for something specific, though I'm not sure if they have anything left. I do remember them keeping them for a looooong time.
I don't recall B&N marking up Lego sets. They've always been at MSRP for me.

Certain sets they mark up, I've seen stuff that sells for $19.99 elsewhere sell for $21.99, it's not TRU bad but still a small markup.

[quote name="karkyco" post="11470626" timestamp="1390596763"]Huh? There's no Lego store in Culver City. Whachu talkin' bout Willis?[/quote]
Ha, oops. I thought we were still talking about TRU.

Kmart now has an additional 75% off clearance toys. My store only had the series 2 friends animal bags but they ended up being 62 cents a piece. I grabbed 4 of each kind and they still had two full display stands. This is the Kmart at southland mall in homestead.

Thanks to Fatbot3 I got the Vampire Castle for $25.  The sugarloaf location is one of three stores (I think Arundel Mills is another) that gets scratch and dent from the shop at home warehouses.  They got 12 pallets in of damaged boxes.  They range from light creasing to fully crushed.  They often have product that has been clearanced already so that's why the Castle's are so inexpensive.  I'm betting they have some real jewels that the employees have cherry picked.  Last year they had imperial flagships for half off!  

I might be tempted on a Vampire Castle for $25, might make a trip to Ontario Mills.
Hah let me know what you find...im trying to think of anything I might need to go to the atlanta area just to look but i dont know and not worth the gas on a 1.5-2 hour drive to get there (3-4 hours round trip). My wife does want to go to Ikea so that may be it, but it looks like these stores are on the other side of the city :(.

Hah let me know what you find...im trying to think of anything I might need to go to the atlanta area just to look but i dont know and not worth the gas on a 1.5-2 hour drive to get there (3-4 hours round trip). My wife does want to go to Ikea so that may be it, but it looks like these stores are on the other side of the city :(.
Just make sure that these stores are outlet stores and usually get these dented sets. I know Husher knows where they are in that area over there, I'm not sure how far south he goes though.

Stopped by Sugarloaf again and specifically asked about the Vampyre castle. Guy says they might have a damaged box, goes in back, comes out and talks to manager and then says nope sorry we don't have any. It might be true but the way he said it felt like they had them some and just didn't want to sell to me. Wouldn't be surprised to find out an employee had one in their personal stash.

Just finished building the Curiosity Rover. It was a cool build and my daughter had a good time working on it. It was a little advanced for her and she made a couple of minor mistakes. Overall she held her own.

Guys...check AWD if you are up early this morning. Ive been grabbing up all the LotR/Hobbit sets I see on AWD and only need 1-2 sets (one being the Orthanc Tower) and I have started checking this religiously lol. All weekend the LotR stuff completely disappeared...my search yielded 0 results which was very odd b/c there is always something. Searching this morning showed nothing, then 2-3 items popped up and an hour later 10+ items popped up including the tower set at 20% off in VG condition, 3 of which are the new Hobbit sets (EDIT - just added the last/biggest 4th set at $45/35%off, snagged it too lol...collection complete). Several decent discounts up there...20-35% off. Im not sure what the higher city sets and other stuff are but just thought i'd let you know that theyve just added quite a bit to AWD at decent prices this morning. Also noticed all 3 Minecraft sets at about $25 each. Picked up a tower for only $160.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me%3DA2L77EE7U53NWQ&field-keywords=lego+lord+of+the+rings&rh=%2Ck%3Alego+lord+of+the+rings

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_4_0?me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&rh=n%3A1267878011%2Ck%3Alego%2Cp_4%3ALEGO&bbn=1267878011&keywords=lego&ie=UTF8&qid=1386708002&ajr=2

Just finished building the Curiosity Rover. It was a cool build and my daughter had a good time working on it. It was a little advanced for her and she made a couple of minor mistakes. Overall she held her own.
I'm tempted to start collecting the Cuusoo stuff since I'd really like the rover and deloreon. The only problem is it looks like the first two were Japan only? They are going for pretty ridiculous prices on ebay.

I just did the BttF one as well a couple of weeks ago. It was fun and some cool stuff with it. I like how you can convert to car from any of the 3 movies. The swiveling wheels is a great little touch. After I completed my kids were interested and they watched all 3 movies for the first time. Hard to believe that they traveled to the year 2015 in the movie.

I like the Cuusoo line but I'm not going to pay way inflated prices for it. The problem with the Rover is that it is online only. Basically puts a $7 surcharge on it if you don't order enough for free shipping.

AWD has added some new stuff finally.  Someone took the Aquaman set for $15 9I need that set), there is 60025 race car and truck set for $20.xx, and a police chase set, 60007 I think, for $18.xx.

Also some cheap 3DSs... ;)

AWD has added some new stuff finally. Someone took the Aquaman set for $15 9I need that set), there is 60025 race car and truck set for $20.xx, and a police chase set, 60007 I think, for $18.xx.

Also some cheap 3DSs... ;)
Yep, gave the heads up at about 6am est this morning. The new arrivals this morning was over 200 Lego items but by 10 est it had already dropped to 100 new lego items. I grabbed the Orthanc Tower at 20% off, Dol Guldur Battle at 35% off, and a super hero set I had been holding off for 30% off. They had all 4 new hobbit sets plus about 10 other LotR/Hobbit sets but half of them were gone by 7-8am. I was looking for that Wolverine set for my daughter but they didn't have it :(.

I grabbed Olivia's house from AWD this morning. Price was better than the dented box at the Lego store.

On a separate note, I am really thinking about grabbing the Haunted House. With MF line being discontinued I don't want to miss out. Might pick up a second one to do some expansion MOC work.

I grabbed Olivia's house from AWD this morning. Price was better than the dented box at the Lego store.
How much was it? I was eyeing it for $44.xx the other day, but I have been into my 3DS more (Mainly because I'm simply out of space).

I woke up at 8am, went "Yay, I'll get a lot done today, and then fell back to sleep until noon. Damn sickness.

It was $44.xx but there were some for a buck or 2 more. It will be given to my daughter at some point. Figured grab it while it was a good deal. She doesn't care if the box is beat up.

On a separate note, I am really thinking about grabbing the Haunted House. With MF line being discontinued I don't want to miss out. Might pick up a second one to do some expansion MOC work.
Having just finished the Grand Emporium after doing the Haunted House, the HH is a really fun build, especially with kids. I was lucky enough to find it at the Lakewood Flea Market for 100 bucks. I think I'm going to try and complete the entire MF line because I have most of it on clearance and only lack the Ghost Train and the Crazy Scientist one.

There is a thread on Eurobricks where the guy used two of the set and did some really cool modifications. The plan is to build for Halloween. Just don't want to miss out on it.

Picked up a Rancor pit on AWD but I'm a little nervous because the condition was only 'Good' ... do they sell sets that are actually missing pieces? I have no issue with the box being damaged, but I would be pissed if something like the rancor or another minifig was missing ...

Picked up a Rancor pit on AWD but I'm a little nervous because the condition was only 'Good' ... do they sell sets that are actually missing pieces? I have no issue with the box being damaged, but I would be pissed if something like the rancor or another minifig was missing ...
No. I have had boxes that had more tape on them than I paid for the set, but everything was in the box and I have order at least 15 sets I think now. I wish I took picture, the Spiderman office building set was tapes up on one side, worst thing was the stickers were folded and stuck together, but that's because LEGO doesn't package them right. I had the cargo heliplane and the back looked new and the front looked like the Hulk punched it, big white sticker, tons of clear mailing tape. Never had a single missing anything. Not even when the pieces were loose like some bigger or longer pieces are.

Also I think the ratings go "Like New", "Very Good", "Good" and then "Average". So good is still not the worst. Really means very little besides cheaper price, because my $10 Weathertop set was "average" and looked brand new..

bread's done
Back