LEGO Deals 3

Ugh, the wait for Amazon (and not someone selling through Amazon) to get the X-Men vs Sentinel set is killing me. Was hoping to have it for the weekend, but that doesn't look likely.

Hey guys, I was looking to get some of the bigger Star Wars sets for my son (Republic Gunship/Millenium Falcon/Jabba's Sail Barge).  Was thinking of getting a couple at target this week since they are B1G1 40% off (plus I have target gc from the trade in promo last week) but after looking at amazon prices they are all discounted to a similar price range.  Does Amazon usually have these sets discounted consistently or are they just reacting to that promo?

I would say take a look at camelcamelcamel.com to see the price history of the sets you're looking at, but I think Jabba's sail barge and some of the bigger sets have been 35% off or more pretty consistently.

Hey guys, I was looking to get some of the bigger Star Wars sets for my son (Republic Gunship/Millenium Falcon/Jabba's Sail Barge). Was thinking of getting a couple at target this week since they are B1G1 40% off (plus I have target gc from the trade in promo last week) but after looking at amazon prices they are all discounted to a similar price range. Does Amazon usually have these sets discounted consistently or are they just reacting to that promo?
On Walmart.com, Jabba's Barge is on sale for 26% off, making it $88. That's one of the better deals I've seen for it.

AWD has been updating itself more. Yesterday it had a Friends farm stand and ice Batman sets for $12.80isj and a hobbit house for $43. I want the Batman set but I'll wait.

If anyone is looking for a certain set let me know and I'll keep my eyes out.

How do I edit on the mobile site?

Some series 12 mini figures.

http://images.brickset.com/14124042498_8a6fa508aa_b.jpg

Not worth $4 but TRU always has tons of sales in the fall.
The text underneath lists what all 16 will be. Hmm.. A Valkyrie(fighting goddess, maybe that's the 4th one in the picture, there's also a Hun soldier listed)? Pig suit guy. Some sort of clown. Some sort of princess, an explorer, pizza guy, rockstar, life guard. I don't know what the "seirei" girl would be. Either a female ghost, or more likely a genie? There's another girl too, that I'm not quite sure what they mean. Maybe a goth girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
They might get more in for sale. Sometimes that happens. But if you want a poly you better get it before it's gone forever.

The text underneath lists what all 16 will be. Hmm.. A Valkyrie(fighting goddess, maybe that's the 4th one in the picture, there's also a Hun soldier listed)? Pig suit guy. Some sort of clown. Some sort of princess, an explorer, pizza guy, rockstar, life guard. I don't know what the "seirei" girl would be. Either a female ghost, or more likely a genie? There's another girl too, that I'm not quite sure what they mean. Maybe a goth girl.
From Brickset the list is:

• Space Miner
  • Battle Goddess
  • Wizard
  • Dino Tracker
  • Swashbuckler
  • Jester
  • Piggy Guy
  • Hun Warrior
  • Fairytale Princess
  • Pizza Delivery Man
  • Video Game Guy
  • Spooky Girl
  • Prospector
  • Genie Girl
  • Rock Star
  • Lifeguard

<p>

From Brickset the list is:

• Space Miner
  • Battle Goddess
  • Wizard
  • Dino Tracker
  • Swashbuckler
  • Jester
  • Piggy Guy
  • Hun Warrior
  • Fairytale Princess
  • Pizza Delivery Man
  • Video Game Guy
  • Spooky Girl
  • Prospector
  • Genie Girl
  • Rock Star
  • Lifeguard
So the lady with the bow and arrow and a syringe must be a dino tracker? I don't see any other on the list it could be.

The Ghostbusters set is now available in S@H. Get it before the Brick**ckers buy everything like they did with the Mars Rovers. I never got a chance to buy that set, so let me know if you have an extra to trade.

Yeah, the site was a nightmare last night.  Ecto-1 went live around 11:30.  Mixels series 2 went live around 12:15.  By the time those went live the site was working fine.  I ordered the full series with Ecto-1 to put me over the free shipping mark.

Toyed with the idea of 2 Ecto-1's, one to sell... but fuck that noise.  I hope everyone that gets one can get it.

I think the Ghostbusters set will be made in higher numbers than the fuck up that was the Mars rover set. I don't know what LEGO was thinking, the set was around for like a week.

About eight people blitzed the door for an Ecto-1 today at the Oklahoma City store - in about two minutes there were only two left.

Of course, several of the people lined up bought two Ecto-1's ...and went on to spend hundreds more. Jesus.

I used my $5 off to get the $19.99 Guardians set and the cashier threw in the balloon cart poly which was nice.

I completed the Galaxy Squad theme earlier this year. I got every set at a discount of some sort and even managed good deals on a duplicate or two.

CMF's have been my A-1 thing so it feels good to complete an entire theme.

Looking like a light year for me - no space theme in sight and the two sets I wanted I snagged in the same day...

I never really caught Simpsons fever so I only have Homer. Saved a lot of cash thanks to the dry spell on minifigs due to that theme.

Bring on Series uhhh ...16 is it?

My Target has been sitting on a full display of Simpsons minifigs since they came out.  Hopefully it's not just my store and LEGO sees it as a big F-U to the $4 price tag.

Every other series has disappeared pretty quick.  Hard to tell if it would be the price or Simpsons branding though.

I think Ecto 1 is going to be like the BttF set and will be available everywhere.
I hope so, I don't think LEGO realized the demand for the rover and because of the insane amount of sets they are producing how, and the stupid limited run of mini figures, Friends Animals and Mixels, they didn't have the time on their machines to produce more.

They better realize Ghostbusters is like printing money.

Put together a Friends set the other day and was actually really impressed with the detail. I'd rather have more of that then a bunch of licensed stuff like Simpsons.

Put together a Friends set the other day and was actually really impressed with the detail. I'd rather have more of that then a bunch of licensed stuff like Simpsons.
I own the beach house and the newer bakery and I LOVE the sets. LEGO has finally gotten the colors to match nicely and really want a ton of the jungle sets, the school, the lower Animal poly prices. I really wish I got the older barn and the vet set. The theme is one of the best LEGO has down in a long time. Sure I wish they used mini figures but it's still better than Belville.

Drools....

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/bab/4487374820.html

We love the Friends sets too.  I just wish they'd come up with something better than the 3 wall design.  Either go with buildings that open like the Haunted House or removable floors like the modular series.  The 3 wall design just seems cheap and flimsy.

I got both my daughters each a Dolphin Cruiser from Santa.  So we made an ocean, beach & pier with two cruise ships going on.  Grabbed a couple of the $5 surfer/shark City sets too to put in the ocean.   We have no problem mixing the minifigs and minidolls.  I think they work together, especially paired with a kid (short legs) minifig.  Makes a great parents & kids dynamic.

[quote name="TheCochese" post="11808035" timestamp="1401710730"]The Friends figs need holes in their butts, but then again all of the surfaces are smooth. At least in that house we have.[/quote]

That does not sound right.

My Target has been sitting on a full display of Simpsons minifigs since they came out. Hopefully it's not just my store and LEGO sees it as a big F-U to the $4 price tag.

Every other series has disappeared pretty quick. Hard to tell if it would be the price or Simpsons branding though.
It's the price.

While I think just about anything would be less popular than the Lego Movie right now, parents see the price and move their kids along. I have lost count of the number of kids with parents I have seen and the dialogue goes something like this:

"Hey look! Lego Simpsons! Can I get them?"

"Wow, cool! Sure." (notices price) "On second thought, maybe next time."

"But *Mom*/*Dad*/*Parental Unit*...."

"Look, you can get one of them OR you can get <whatever it is you are holding>. You don't have enough for both."

(disappointed) "Oh. Guess I'll stick with <whatever it is that I am holding>"

$4 is just above the impulse buy price. It's enough that parents won't just add on a figure -- they'll ask their kids to choose. Most of them aren't stupid, either -- they'll choose a full size toy over a single minifigure.

I guess the real test will be the next series, but I know I'm not buying a $4 Space Miner or Dino Tracker.

My Target has been sitting on a full display of Simpsons minifigs since they came out. Hopefully it's not just my store and LEGO sees it as a big F-U to the $4 price tag.

Every other series has disappeared pretty quick. Hard to tell if it would be the price or Simpsons branding though.
No idea...my Target has been sold out since they put them on the shelves. So far in my area it has been exactly like the movie minifigs, the only place I ever see them is TRU which I am sure they are probably like $5.

At TRU the other day I did manage to get one of those clearance Halloween witch polypags for $2 and got the last free Spider-man poly. They had taken down all the signs b/c they were out but I found one hidden in the shelves. :D

No idea...my Target has been sold out since they put them on the shelves. So far in my area it has been exactly like the movie minifigs, the only place I ever see them is TRU which I am sure they are probably like $5.

At TRU the other day I did manage to get one of those clearance Halloween witch polypags for $2 and got the last free Spider-man poly. They had taken down all the signs b/c they were out but I found one hidden in the shelves. :D
That's how my local Targets and Walmarts have been lately. They have been sold out for awhile and only one store had the Lego Movie figures. All these instances are case by case and don't truly speak to how well the minifigs are selling. I just got the house in the mail yesterday and I want all the mini-figs to go with the house :)

LEGO Ideas will shockingly be making the female research lab set.

LEGO doesn't even pretend to even give lame excuses for why the others won't be made.  If I was one of the designers I'd be beyond pissed that I don't even get a reason why.

LEGO doesn't even pretend to even give lame excuses for why the others won't be made. If I was one of the designers I'd be beyond pissed that I don't even get a reason why.
They need to stop considering set that have licenses that they are unwilling to pay for. It seems unlikely the Sherlock license would be difficult to acquire, especially for a 1 off set. Zelda seems like it never had a chance, it would easily be the most popular Idea/Cusoo released, LEGO just doesn't want to pay for it, or Nintendo is committed to their K'nex relationship. Either way it just should not have even been considered. I have no idea why the Japanese Architecture set didn't make it, that one is beautiful and unlicensed, and absolutely should have been done.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the set they chose. But this whole project seems like a waste of LEGOs resources, and a waste of time for the people designing sets.

apparantley nintendo used to make a toy like legos in the 1960s.  Lego sued them, but lost to nintendo because the design was different.  maybe nintendo still holds a grudge against that.  gunpei yokoi helped make them.  and knex has the license to make nintendo toys now

LEGO doesn't even pretend to even give lame excuses for why the others won't be made. If I was one of the designers I'd be beyond pissed that I don't even get a reason why.
This x 100.

They need to stop considering set that have licenses that they are unwilling to pay for.
This x 1000

It seems that each Lego Ideas announcement is an exercise in frustration. This one was especially cruel for the four who made it, only to be tossed aside for a holdover from last time. It really feels like last time, they really wanted to make two of the sets and this time, they really wanted to pass on all of them. This is just exceedingly lame.

Maybe they need to have two kinds of awards or recognition: sets that are really awesome and deserve to be seen by lots of people, and sets they actually would honestly consider producing.

I'm very glad for the Female Minifigure set. I'm disappointed that they have to share their victory with such a crappy process.

I don't mind that it won so much as that it was competing against licensed sets that didn't have a chance. I just started a new job so I don't have the time yet but I'm going to try and submit a modular design at some point to see if that can get in there.

Currently it seems like its either a license that people like and therefore vote for or a building or other licensed item (see Avengers Helicarrier at 22,000 bricks) that it isn't even remotely feasible or cost effective for even the AFOL market.

I'll be honest. If I actually go this route I'm sure I'll have to order an absurd number of parts to actually build something with some identity so that it has a chance so it will slow going as I figure out what the building will be but I'd honestly like to see more significant things come out ideas than just licensed cars or minifgures.

They need to stop considering set that have licenses that they are unwilling to pay for. It seems unlikely the Sherlock license would be difficult to acquire, especially for a 1 off set. Zelda seems like it never had a chance, it would easily be the most popular Idea/Cusoo released, LEGO just doesn't want to pay for it, or Nintendo is committed to their K'nex relationship. Either way it just should not have even been considered. I have no idea why the Japanese Architecture set didn't make it, that one is beautiful and unlicensed, and absolutely should have been done.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the set they chose. But this whole project seems like a waste of LEGOs resources, and a waste of time for the people designing sets.
This is what I don't get. At some point LEGO banned any Doctor Who sets from being on Cuusoo, they lifted that ban a few months back. If you aren't going to pay for the license like Nintendo / Zelda than why not ban it fem Ideas?

I have no problem with the concept of LEGO Cuusoo / ideas, it's just LEGO is still fucking it up. LEGO fans that feel like LEGO can do no wrong (Eurobricks) used to use the excuse that Cuusoo was in beta. What is the excuse now?

I have no problem with the female research lab set, I think it will be an awesome and hopefully cheap set, my problem is that EVERYTHING from the winter review was rejected and LEGO didn't bother to explain why. There was no reason at all that the Japanese set couldn't be made, none.

This is what I don't get. At some point LEGO banned any Doctor Who sets from being on Cuusoo, they lifted that ban a few months back. If you aren't going to pay for the license like Nintendo / Zelda than why not ban it fem Ideas?
They probably like the attention that is brought to the site by licensed submissions and they have made a few of them already, giving hope that others could be made. I can't imagine them doing a Big Bang Theory set or The X-Men mansion, but they are obviously popular with fans who come and check out the site. Maybe they inspire some more realistic options.

But Doctor Who was popular and it was banned for awhile. It's like LEGO is just making shit up as they go along and now they are in senior year so they don't even bother faking it.

But Doctor Who was popular and it was banned for awhile. It's like LEGO is just making shit up as they go along and now they are in senior year so they don't even bother faking it.
Dr. Who license was owned by Character Builder, and I think it no longer is. That is why sets can now be submitted.

Dr. Who license was owned by Character Builder, and I think it no longer is. That is why sets can now be submitted.
Ohhh.... So what Konfustion said is most likely correct, LEGO has the licenses there that they never really will buy the rights to (unless the license has a car in it).

bread's done
Back