LEGO Deals 3

Stopped at Target.....the only 50% off were the LEGO City ones. Some firefighters and a few planes. The $100 set was $50, but I passed. They had 2 Star Wars for 30% off. The A-Wing and the Spider Droid set. Not too much else at mine. The LEGO MOVIE calvary set was 30% off also.

I'm not a LEGO fanatic, kids like it....sort of. I passed for now.
I would love for Lego city to be on sale near me. Need to grow my town

Thanks to my brother, I snagged a LEGO Star Wars Gunship for $61 at Target on clearance. Sweeeeeet. It's for my son, but mostly for me too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to one Target today, no clearance Lego, although I did find Settlers of Catan Star Trek version for 50% off, been watching the price for a long time, was hoping it'd go on sale. $25 is a steal.

Whats the usual day that Target drops clearance %? Last week and this week mine has been 30%. Theyve had 2 MF at 97.99 for two weeks now...hoping they might hold out until the 50% drop, is it on Thursdays? They had 1 dragon mountain for 34.99 but I assume itll probably be gone by then though.
You're near me. right? Whats the store your talking about? My the last two I checked were out of the MF altogether. I'm also looking to find a Lion Chi Temple at 50% off.

You're near me. right? Whats the store your talking about? My the last two I checked were out of the MF altogether. I'm also looking to find a Lion Chi Temple at 50% off.
Eh im about an hour and a half north of you (near Chattanooga, TN).

On another note, TRU has B1G1 40% off this week which is normally not a good deal considering the TRU markup BUT...they still have the new Guardian of the Galaxy sets (and possibly others that are new releases) for the regular/normal MSRP.

Surprised no one has posted this yet but per FBTB.net

Today, Comic Vine has revealed the retailer exclusive bonuses for LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. To save you a click, here it is a in a nutshell:

• Gamestop will get the above-pictured Plastic Man.
  • Everyone else gets something that sucks more than Plastic Man.
And that’s all you really need to know. But if you’re still interested in knowing what the others are getting:

Here’s a link to LEGO Batman 3 on Gamestop. The game will be out on all current generation systems, including PS3 and XBox 360 but not for the Wii. Gamestop says the release date is 12/31/2014, but that is always subject to change.
Already have my copy preordered at GS, usually don't reserve games but the guys at my local store are nice and helped me out with some spare minifigs in the past so I threw $5 down. Good to hear that Target will have the Batwing poly in store, have never seen it in TRU

Surprised no one has posted this yet but per FBTB.net

Already have my copy preordered at GS, usually don't reserve games but the guys at my local store are nice and helped me out with some spare minifigs in the past so I threw $5 down. Good to hear that Target will have the Batwing poly in store, have never seen it in TRU
Nice thanks for this, though the GS site doesnt say anything about the bonus. Ill probably preorder one from there once they add it. The hobbit one included it with the 3DS version for only 29.99. I just did that and returned the game to the store lol.

was just in B&N today too....dang. What are their coupons that you guys occasionally talk about? I assume you have to be in their yearly paid program to get them?

Found a beat up Gunship today, was excited at first, no sticker...rang up at $84.xx.  Not excited now.  Only other clearance was Chimera and Battle of Smallville still at $35.

was just in B&N today too....dang. What are their coupons that you guys occasionally talk about? I assume you have to be in their yearly paid program to get them?
To get the best ones, yes. If you sign up for some of their mailing lists, they will send you 15% off coupons, usually on Thursdays, and on average twice a month.

LEGO Batman 3 Pre-order bonuses (Credit to Polygon):

Amazon: Lego Batgirl Keychain
Best Buy: Digital Comic Book
GameStop: Plastic Man toy (right image)
Target: Batwing Miniset (top image)
Toys R Us: The Joker Keychain 
Walmart: Lego Tumbler Miniset

GameStop_-_LEGO_Plastic_Man_Minifigure.jpg
Target_-_LEGO_Batwing_Miniset.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

I have to get Plastic Man!

I've never pre-ordered a game from GameStop before. Do you get the figure when you pre-order or when you pick up the game? And if you get it when you pick up, what's the policy for returning the game? Do you have to give the figure back, also?

I've never pre-ordered a game from GameStop before. Do you get the figure when you pre-order or when you pick up the game? And if you get it when you pick up, what's the policy for returning the game? Do you have to give the figure back, also?
You get it when the game comes. You can keep it when returning...you just have to be able to live with yourself afterwards.

When you pick the game up, but even if you preorder there's no guarantee you'll get the figure. Unless it's a busy and highly trafficked store, they probably won't get enough figures to cover the preorders. If you preorder, make sure to get there as early as possible on release day.

When you pick the game up, but even if you preorder there's no guarantee you'll get the figure. Unless it's a busy and highly trafficked store, they probably won't get enough figures to cover the preorders. If you preorder, make sure to get there as early as possible on release day.
^^^^THIS. I've been burned by physical GS preorder bonuses before. You might have better luck getting an online preorder shipped to your house, but you should probably wait for the site to mention the preorder bonus before ordering.

^^^^THIS. I've been burned by physical GS preorder bonuses before. You might have better luck getting an online preorder shipped to your house, but you should probably wait for the site to mention the preorder bonus before ordering.
Yeah, so far so good here with ordering online. It even shows the preorder item on your order list (usually, Im waiting until this new one shows the bonus available on the site). I returned The Hobbit last time since I wanted it on PC instead (which they didnt offer) and they even refunded my shipping and everything lol.

Interesting, mine never had mark ups.
My stores used to not have markups, then I noticed some sets randomly about 3-5 bucks more, depending on the price. It made it so it was MSRP after the 10% membership usually, which is super annoying, of course. However, some sets are MSRP, so with the 10% off and then 20% off coupon, it's a pretty good deal for cheaper Lego around here.

My stores used to not have markups, then I noticed some sets randomly about 3-5 bucks more, depending on the price. It made it so it was MSRP after the 10% membership usually, which is super annoying, of course. However, some sets are MSRP, so with the 10% off and then 20% off coupon, it's a pretty good deal for cheaper Lego around here.
Interesting. I'm not in BN often but I was just there and the few sets I looked at seemed normal priced.

Interesting. I'm not in BN often but I was just there and the few sets I looked at seemed normal priced.
It's really not a bid deal like at at TRU where stuff is $5-$20 overpriced but it does seem pretty random. I've noticed more times than none that they put the wrong sticker on it anyway.

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2014/07/16/rockets-warbird-at-a-glance/

San Diego Comic-Con exclusive Rocket Raccoon set. $39.99 for less than 150 pieces...but the Rocket figure has an exclusive deco if I'm not mistaken.

This will be my first year at SDCC so I'll definitely try to get this and whatever else they offer...despite the silly price. If the booth is as crazy as I've heard, though, I probably won't have too much luck.
I go to the Lego booth every year. The line is extremely bad for the drawings. Last year, you had to line up outside. But for a chance at a $400 minifig, it was worth it. The shopping line isn't as bad, but if you don't go early, they will sell out before noon. Those $40 sets resell for about $100. You're usually limited to 2 per day though.

Oh this irks me to no end. Huge GOTG fan, but not paying out the butt for this. It's very overpriced, I will say that, but with that exclusive figure that will be highly sought after, I can see this fetching quite more than $100 on the secondary market.

All the Comic Con crap goes for insane amounts of money.  It's why LEGO in recent years pisses me off.  Minifigures, Friends series, Mixels, the Cuusoo Mech are all going to be limited things.  I liked it when I could find the toy I want for a whole year.

I was at the Lego store earlier today, I saw the new summer sets. I like the new Chima Fire & Ice theme. The new Artic city sets look pretty cool, have they ever had sleigh dogs before? Star wars is still expensive, the MTT was very disappointing, only $10 less than the first release and severely lacking imo. The Ghost and Phantom combo looked great but a total cash cow of a set for them to be separate the way they were.

thanks for the heads up on the Amazon deal. Grabbed 3 GotG sets, 2 Avengers and 1 Hobbit for the kids' b-day and Christmas. (OK, the Hobbit set is for me.)

Man...as long as I manage to grab something from Lego I'll be happy. The Unikitty, '66 Batmobile and Rocket Raccoon set all interest me. I plan on lining up early and heading straight to Lego's booth first. Probably won't help me score the giveaway figures if prior years are any indication, but at least I might have a decent shot at buying the sets.

Nice, im sure that The Collector one will be unreal on ebay as usual...I hate these SDCC exclusives.

Man...as long as I manage to grab something from Lego I'll be happy. The Unikitty, '66 Batmobile and Rocket Raccoon set all interest me. I plan on lining up early and heading straight to Lego's booth first. Probably won't help me score the giveaway figures if prior years are any indication, but at least I might have a decent shot at buying the sets.
From what I've heard they will allow people to purchase two of each possibly. I wish didnt live on the east coast. Feel free to pick up an extra if they let you ;).

In years past at SDCC, I remember the LEGO booth allowing me to buy two of any item. Have fun next week!
It's been like that, yep. It should be two of each item, per person, per day.

I've never had a hard time getting the exclusive sets. They will definitely sell out in a couple of hours, but you don't actually have to go there first thing when the floors open. Probably second thing though. Last year, for example, I went after the Blizzard booth before the Lego booth, and was the only one inside the Lego booth buying the exclusives. Most others were just browsing what you can find in the Lego store, and looking at the BttF set.

Well I am definitely interested in buying one of the Rocket Raccoon Warbird sets if anyone could grab one, just hit me up. Id love to avoid ebay at all costs. The Collector minifigure is probably definitely out of the question but I would love a Rocket Raccoon set :).

If anyone cares the second announced SDCC minifig is Bard the Bowman. There will be two more announced -  DC minifig and a Lego movie minifig. So far I am indifferent to the two announced but have to say I like how they are least ditching the all Marvel and DC exclusive aspect.

If anyone cares the second announced SDCC minifig is Bard the Bowman. There will be two more announced - DC minifig and a Lego movie minifig. So far I am indifferent to the two announced but have to say I like how they are least ditching the all Marvel and DC exclusive aspect.
Yeah theyve done a Hobbit Azog last year and the bilbo mini set. At least both of those were released in sets shortly after. The speculation on Bard is that he will be in one of the new sets at the end of the year (hopefully). They never released the majority of the Super Heroes exclusives unfortunately, but I really like The Collector. Im not too crazy about the lego movie one and im not the biggest DC fan, probably another variant of Green Lantern that they refuse to put in a set lol.

bread's done
Back