LEGO Deals 3

Thanks for the pics. Elsa's castle is automatically on must-buy Christmas list for my daughter. 

EDIT: Then I re-read your post and made note of the date. 2015. Crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, those are gonna get taken down in a heartbeat, wish I wasn't at work on a slow ass conputer or I'd save all of them. Thanks for sharing.
I saved most of them, so if need be in the future I can email them to you.

Some of the 2015 sets will be released in November, usually a few random City sets and some Star Wars ones.

Exo suit is available at target.com right now. 39.99. I keep missing when amazon stocks it so I picked up it and can always return in store later if I can find a better price. 

I got the last six series one minifigs I needed - skater, diver, nurse, circus clown, tribal hunter and spaceman. Now complete on series 1 - 11!

Wow, great stuff across the board!  Elsa's castle?  Bought.  Pirates theme?  Bought on nostalgia alone.  Some of those Star Wars stormtrooper builder sets?  Bought, too.  Even some of the basic City theme look really good, like the bulldozer and wrecking ball sets.  2015 = gonna be a bad scene, man.  :D/

Don't know if anyone is interested or not, but I saw K'nex Titanfall sets at AC Moore today. Of course, there are apart always 50% off any item coupons on their app, so half off of the sets probably isn't bad. The minifigs looked cool.

Local Toys R Us put out the Exclusive Bricktober Theatre . Upon buying it, they promptly removed the rest from the shelf after a message came up saying do not sell. Cost was $19.99 +tax. 

Don't know if anyone is interested or not, but I saw K'nex Titanfall sets at AC Moore today. Of course, there are apart always 50% off any item coupons on their app, so half off of the sets probably isn't bad. The minifigs looked cool.
The pilot mini figs are cool, but they fall apart easily and the sets are laughable. They make little sense in the context of the game and, well, I just really dislike k'nex. They're not fun to build at all. Still....dem mini figs.....

Wal Mart: found the Worriz combat lair and Gorzan's gorilla striker for $29 each and Shellraiser Street Chase for $49. all in the clearance section.

good deal/poor deal/ expected deal? 

Face it people $3.99 CMF's are here to stay. This was unofficially the price point set at Toy Fair (Not sure why folks expect official announcements from TLG, its never really been their style, that product placard with the $3.99 on it was as official word as they were gonna give us)  I know in the past people thought that the $3.99 price would be specific for the licensing issue but I think it was a strategic move to release Simpsons then series 12 to get people used to the $3.99 price. I think a lot of people aren't taking into account TLG's massive popularity, they're the #1 toy maker in the world now and the popularity of the movie just added on to that. Looking at the trends of other toy makers (Hasbro, Mattel) toy prices are only going up. The jump from $3 to $4 took three years so looking back at the growth of the brand in the time frame the increase really shouldn't be that surprising.

Face it people $3.99 CMF's are here to stay. This was unofficially the price point set at Toy Fair (Not sure why folks expect official announcements from TLG, its never really been their style, that product placard with the $3.99 on it was as official word as they were gonna give us) I know in the past people thought that the $3.99 price would be specific for the licensing issue but I think it was a strategic move to release Simpsons then series 12 to get people used to the $3.99 price. I think a lot of people aren't taking into account TLG's massive popularity, they're the #1 toy maker in the world now and the popularity of the movie just added on to that. Looking at the trends of other toy makers (Hasbro, Mattel) toy prices are only going up. The jump from $3 to $4 took three years so looking back at the growth of the brand in the time frame the increase really shouldn't be that surprising.
You forget that these started just 4 years ago at $2... Prices go up yes, but a 100% increase in 4 years is a tough sell.

No $4 for a mini figure is outrageous and I will not stand for it.  I can get a Friends animal with pieces for that.  I can get the Arctic plane for cheaper than that!  They are Chinese and not worth it.  Thankfully TRU should be having 2 for $4 or $5 sales all the time on these like they have in the past during the holidays.

Best deal so far this season is the 3.49 artic dude with the plane at target.  I am gonna wait for toys r us sale to get the minifigures.  I am not buying any until then.  Lego store had christmas set and the advent calenders.  I feel like the calanders are 10 dollars cheaper this year.  They also had the halloween bat as well.  I want that thing for some reason.

$4 is just a bad price point.  Mixels are $5.  That's not a reason to price Mixels higher, but they have 45-75 pieces.  Minifigures have what, four?  Five?  Six for an especially detailed one?  Mixels are one dollar more and ten times the piece count.

A single minifigure should not be $4.  I am certainly not paying that for any figure that is substantially like one I already have (I'm looking at you boring space guy, prospector, lifeguard, etc).

I think Lego is deluded if they think people will pay $4 for a non-licensed, non-movie set of figures in the same way that they would for Simpsons or Movie figures.

Perhaps they have crunched the numbers and decided this is a good move.  I doubt demand will be as high, plus the price point has turned off some of their best customers.  At $3, I bought a whole set.  Plus some duplicates.  Now, I don't care.  Maybe I will pick up half.

That's more than a 50% reduction from me.  How many other people are similarly turned off or no longer feel like they Gotta Catch 'em all?  When your product stops being a necessity and becomes an option, especially among your devoted fan base, that's not a positive trend.

Lego may be popular and riding high now, but pride goeth before a fall.  Collectability is fickle, and it doesn't take much to send the people who drive that popular engine to other things, especially when they think they are being overcharged or undervalued.

There are at least three of us that bought every single one, I normally buy about 20-30 spending on what I have in mind.  I bought five Elves.  I would never have done that at $4 a piece and never will.  The mini figures still have weaker legs than normal and they just keep recycling old crap.  I'll put my money isn't better things.  A series of China minifigures shouldn't cost more than a new video game.

After the conversation here last night I decided to price some of my older CMF.  Mother of god are those series 1 zombies going for an insane amount (anywhere from $25-30 on ebay...).  I had stockpiled 8 of those things when they came out.  Needless to say, I will be listing them on ebay shortly.

Complete series 1 in bags sold for $240+. That just seems insanse to me. I still have a box of Series 1 and 2 that I bought at msrp online. I didn't buy them to scalp but sometimes AFOLs leave me no choice ...

You forget that these started just 4 years ago at $2... Prices go up yes, but a 100% increase in 4 years is a tough sell.
I didn't forget. If I recall correctly the $1.99 price point was for series 1 and 2 (maybe three) so we have had about 2-3 years, and about 10 series of minifigs where the price point was locked in at $2.99. I think it was unrealistic to think that it would stay at that price point forever, especially considering just how popular Lego has become in that time frame. Look at any type of product or service, when things get hot expect the trend to be a price increase.

No $4 for a mini figure is outrageous and I will not stand for it. I can get a Friends animal with pieces for that. I can get the Arctic plane for cheaper than that! They are Chinese and not worth it. Thankfully TRU should be having 2 for $4 or $5 sales all the time on these like they have in the past during the holidays.
You won't stand for it, others won't stand for it but a lot of others will and that is who TLG is more likely to listen to as long as the money continues to roll in. But like you said TRU is always good for a sale on these so theres always that option for patient folk.

$4 is just a bad price point. Mixels are $5. That's not a reason to price Mixels higher, but they have 45-75 pieces. Minifigures have what, four? Five? Six for an especially detailed one? Mixels are one dollar more and ten times the piece count.

A single minifigure should not be $4. I am certainly not paying that for any figure that is substantially like one I already have (I'm looking at you boring space guy, prospector, lifeguard, etc).

I think Lego is deluded if they think people will pay $4 for a non-licensed, non-movie set of figures in the same way that they would for Simpsons or Movie figures.

Perhaps they have crunched the numbers and decided this is a good move. I doubt demand will be as high, plus the price point has turned off some of their best customers. At $3, I bought a whole set. Plus some duplicates. Now, I don't care. Maybe I will pick up half.

That's more than a 50% reduction from me. How many other people are similarly turned off or no longer feel like they Gotta Catch 'em all? When your product stops being a necessity and becomes an option, especially among your devoted fan base, that's not a positive trend.

Lego may be popular and riding high now, but pride goeth before a fall. Collectability is fickle, and it doesn't take much to send the people who drive that popular engine to other things, especially when they think they are being overcharged or undervalued.
I think we forget that not everyone who buys Lego is a hardcore collector who needs every single minifig. Some parents and kids just casually, randomly buy them so the extra buck probably won't be noticeable. Personally I am not a fan of the price increase but its not going to change my collecting habit. I don't collect multiples or army build so I can budget an extra $16 every 3-4 months when new series are released.

I don't even think its the dollar increase that irks a lot of people, its the lack of any official statement from TLG. They have treated collectors so well for so long that I think fans feel a bit taken advantage of, which is understandable. TLG had such a sterling reputation for years but there have been some missteps over the years which prove they are actually fallible. This is another misstep, not the increase necessarily, just the lack of communication.

After the conversation here last night I decided to price some of my older CMF. Mother of god are those series 1 zombies going for an insane amount (anywhere from $25-30 on ebay...). I had stockpiled 8 of those things when they came out. Needless to say, I will be listing them on ebay shortly.
Complete series 1 in bags sold for $240+. That just seems insanse to me. I still have a box of Series 1 and 2 that I bought at msrp online. I didn't buy them to scalp but sometimes AFOLs leave me no choice ...
The zombies were really popular and have been going for that price for years. I bought mine for about $22 on ebay a year or two ago. I was all caught up trying to get that one at a reasonable price that I didn't pay attention to the fact that other minifigs from series 1 were on the increase. In my mind figures like the nurse, skater and clown were boring meanwhile the ebay, bricklink, amazon prices were surpassing even the zombie. The nurse is roughly $30 now, tribal hunter, skater and clown all in the $20 range. Its a sellers market.

Back to current events - went to Walgreens last night (looking for Star Wars Black Series prototype Boba Fett, no dice of course) and they had series 12 however they are $4.19

The post yesterday about the Mixels reminded me that I completely forgot to pick any of them up.  Looks like around here, I'm out of luck in getting any of series 1.  Were there any non-standard stores that carried them, like Walgreens or Kroger, that might still have some?

I picked up one series 12 figure tonight, not sure if I want to bother with the complete set or not this time.  BUT, they do come with codes for the horrid Minifigures Online game, maybe that's the extra dollar.. :D

El Ray no matter what you say you will NEVER convince me that $4 a mini figure is a steal.

Sure years past however the Friends Animals went from $5 to $4. The $10 Friends sets had 45-65 pieces now have 80-120.

But let's double the price of the mini figures within 3-4 years.

No thanks.

Not trying to convince you, I know everyone has their mind made up and their line of what they consider too much. Personally for me the extra dollar isn't my line. Of course I'd rather not pay it but it's here now and I'm going to. Maybe those of you who aren't willing to pay the extra buck will make a dent in sales and cause TLG to change course but with the brand being as popular as it is now I'm not going to hold my breath. But like you said TRU will surely have a sale at some point this holiday season. Normally I'd wait for that but with double VIP going on next month I'm going that route.

Another option for those not wanting to spend the extra buck is Bricklink, ebay, message boards. After the initial buzz of new product winds down collectors who by entire cases offload their extras and usually the minfigs with a higher case ratio can be found below retail

My old store let me know this morning they got them in.  I'm just going to pick them up now.  I will have a set waiting for me, don't have to deal with the hassel of feeling bags is a plus.  TRU has a 90 day return policy so I'll do a return/rebuy when they go on sale, hopefully on a Thrusday to get the extra 10% for using their credit card.

So $4 is here to stay?  No thanks LEGO.  They can fuck right off with that price.  I'm down with $5 Mixels and Friends Animals though. No reason to spend that much on a single minifig when you can get decent sets for around that price.

BTW, finally pulled the trigger on my 'big' purchase.  Had $200 in Target gift cards from the VG trade-in deals.  Ended up grabbing the Sea Cow for a family Christmas gift.   I've decided on grabbing the Haunted House as well if lego.com ever gets it back in stock.  It'd be nice to grab that during Double VIP Oct.

So thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I've decided on grabbing the Haunted House as well if lego.com ever gets it back in stock. It'd be nice to grab that during Double VIP Oct.
It's sold out, and it's retired, it is not coming back. Why didn't you buy the ship for double points and the house from Target.

Target doesn't have it either.  I thought Lego was getting more of the HH.  It's not listed as retired, just sold out.  A few weeks ago the description said something about more in stock at a later date.  Don't recall when.  

Got the Sea Cow because I had $200 in gift cards.

My old store let me know this morning they got them in. I'm just going to pick them up now. I will have a set waiting for me, don't have to deal with the hassel of feeling bags is a plus. TRU has a 90 day return policy so I'll do a return/rebuy when they go on sale, hopefully on a Thrusday to get the extra 10% for using their credit card.
I was told that tru now has implemented a new return policy. Once you hit a threshold, they will deny you any return.

Any idea what the threshold is? That sucks because at least they had a 90 day return policy. Despite their inflated prices there are usually some decent sales at the holidays.

bread's done
Back