LEGO Deals 3

I picked up arctic base camp 60036 for 45 at Walmart in Lockport NY.
They also had ariels magical kiss for 15.
A lot of others toys were on Clearance. I haven't seen the aisle that full in a while.
Jealous. But do you live in Lockport? A roommate of mine is from the area. I thought she meant Brockport but I guess Lockport is even more boring.

My walmart is down to like 10-12 creator Cafe/bike shops. I don't think it will last to another discount.

This years Christmas set is EXACTLY the same as the first one but $80 instead of $60. I regret not getting it for $45 three years ago from s@h. Even for LEGO that is a silly price for a five year old set. 33% increase in five years. Maybe next year we will get a $300 Cafe Corner.

It has some slight differences (check comments here), but it's largely the same as the 2010 version. On the plus side, I don't have that one yet, so I'm okay with $80 vs $200 on ebay.

Jealous. But do you live in Lockport? A roommate of mine is from the area. I thought she meant Brockport but I guess Lockport is even more boring.
My walmart is down to like 10-12 creator Cafe/bike shops. I don't think it will last to another discount.
I'm from Amherst which is just south of Lockport. It's not a long drive. The store also had the cafe bike shop you mentioned

This years Christmas set is EXACTLY the same as the first one but $80 instead of $60. I regret not getting it for $45 three years ago from s@h. Even for LEGO that is a silly price for a five year old set. 33% increase in five years. Maybe next year we will get a $300 Cafe Corner.
I hope they do as well but I have always wanted to start collecting these sets and a rerelease is kind of a nice surprise.

Getting lost in all of the negativity of the re-release is that lots of collectors are going to get a second chance at this and it's slightly upgraded at that without having to pay crazy aftermarket prices.
I lucked out a couple of years back, got the toy shop and bakery on craigslist for about $70 total. The buildings were complete on both but they were each missing accessories like the Christmas tree and pond. So I am still looking forward to picking up a complete set. Hopefully this sells well enough to warrant future re-releases of all old popular sets.​

I had a couple of the old ones, but sold them last year realizing I would never actually build them. I just don't have enough of the Christmas spirit. 

When I read this news in our communications portal I was completely thrown off. I'm not opposed on the idea, but when the changes are are as miniscule as, "We've updated the facial expressions on the carolers, hurray" and toot it as a new set really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Also, out of all themes to mildly flirt with the idea of 're-release' why the WV? Honestly, my thought about this; a huge shift in theme priorities (the emphasis now is creating more amazing Minecraft and Angry Birds sets *sigh*) and a final design model/concept was never finalized.

The comments on FB, for the most part, have been negative and it seems like this one move has ruined the holiday season for many families. Yikes...

The comments on FB, for the most part, have been negative and it seems like this one move has ruined the holiday season for many families. Yikes...
It's usually the people who have problems that speak up. You heard on this thread how many of us missed out and like the re-release.

Although I do agree, they should have at least released a brand new smaller Winter Village set.

On the bright side, I won't have to spend money on the "new" WV set since I still have the original sealed.  

I guess this also means that the set won't reach holiday train reselling status.

Haven't been following this thread long, so forgive me if this is out of place/old news.

Amazon has the Creator Beach Hut for $21.00 here. Ships free with Prime.

I had a couple of the old ones, but sold them last year realizing I would never actually build them. I just don't have enough of the Christmas spirit.
You're breaking my heart and you have one of the best avatars here. I've been super close numerous times to buying a shirt with that on it.

Found Series 14 minifigs at Target this evening.  Felt up a whole set.

The re-release of the Toy Shop is great for me since I never was able to get one.  But I did get this close a number of times, and I would be pissed if I had bought it at the prices I almost paid.  I agree that it's weak sauce.  When are they re-releasing Santa's Village?  I never saw that one come back in stock, despite promises.

Found Series 14 minifigs at Target this evening. Felt up a whole set.

The re-release of the Toy Shop is great for me since I never was able to get one. But I did get this close a number of times, and I would be pissed if I had bought it at the prices I almost paid. I agree that it's weak sauce. When are they re-releasing Santa's Village? I never saw that one come back in stock, despite promises.
Cool, I may check out my local stores. I don't think my Lego store even has them yet. The ebay markup is insane at 94 bucks for a complete set. I saw a feeling guide on brickset so I may just suffer the embarrassment and possibly get a few extras.

Cool, I may check out my local stores. I don't think my Lego store even has them yet. The ebay markup is insane at 94 bucks for a complete set. I saw a feeling guide on brickset so I may just suffer the embarrassment and possibly get a few extras.
Lego Stores won't put them out til Oct 1, the official release date. I'll check Edgewood this weekend, and maybe another store or two.

No sign of 14s at Edgewood. Does anyone know the DCPI # yet? This store was slow to put Simpsons2 out, even when they had them on hand.

The best feeling guide is just to have a picture of all the figures handy. It's on the box (if it's on display). If not, buy a random figure and open it and take out the guide. That's what I did.

This set is fairly distinctive -- much easier than Simpsons S2 (@#$% Homer and Dr. Hibbert) -- and the only real complication is getting the larger head/whatever pieces out of the way to feel the accessories.

My local TRU had several Wall-e sets yesterday at 59.99. Lego officially announced it last week or so and stated the MSRP would be 49.99. I wonder if the Amazon preorders are going to stay at 59.99 or if they will drop to 49.99?

[quote name="latin trident" post="12880916" timestamp="1440381632"]Man, I can't find the Jurassic World Raptor Rampage set in stores. I really don't want to order from the lego store because of shipping...[/quote]
Be patient, these will get restocked soon, they're still in production. The sell out is temporary.

Ok so this was actually and acquisition months ago but I finally went through this massive bag over the weekend.
On the Monday's of a holiday weekend I guess Goodwill has everything for half. So I think it was either in February or May that my wife brought home this huge bag of Lego for $10! I threw it in the closet until I was finally able to go through it.
The first two pics show the size of the bag. It was really quite heavy, just not sure how much it weighed exactly. As you could see there was an almost complete Friends set in there, forgot which one exactly.

These pics show the end results. Filled these containers. I got rid of broken pieces, pieces that were too dirty to wash and those damn Mega Blocks (two Ikea storage bags worth, not a lot within context of the rest of the huge bag of Lego).
I did recognize some pieces from Space Police, Kingdoms/Castle(?) and Pirates(?) I think a lot were from the 90's early 00's.

Minifigs and other assorted pieces. Some of these I am not sure are Lego pieces. If anyone sees anything that doesn't belong let me know. I think I got rid of everything else with the stink of cheap Mega Blocks on it. Are all of these tires Lego?

Thebrickfan.com has pictures of the Halloween and Thanksgiving sets. I'm disappointed in the Halloween one but the Thanksgiving one looks nice with the Turkey and pie. Halloween looks a bit of a mess and won't have any of the cool new pieces. Plus the 'costume' is lame.

Brickset reviewed Wall-E set and it looks phenomenal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t86Ti9aPEnY

I'll be picking it up as soon as I can.

Thebrickfan.com has pictures of the Halloween and Thanksgiving sets. I'm disappointed in the Halloween one but the Thanksgiving one looks nice with the Turkey and pie. Halloween looks a bit of a mess and won't have any of the cool new pieces. Plus the 'costume' is lame.
Oh wow, didn't expect to be that bad. It looks like a 90s set.

It looks like a 1998-99 set where LEGO was a little odd. I might buy one if I can just to complete the series but it's really bad. I like the idea of it just not the outcome.

I was at the Lego store, they have a few sets on sale. Saw blackbird $10 off, hulk lab was $10 or $15 (quickly glanced). Exosuit, didn't see price and the older Star Wars troopers $10.39.

I was at the Lego store, they have a few sets on sale. Saw blackbird $10 off, hulk lab was $10 or $15 (quickly glanced). Exosuit, didn't see price and the older Star Wars troopers $10.39.
The San Diego Lego store has had those on sale for at least a month or two now. They haven't discounted it more.

Wend to a Target that had a couple new Lego clearances since last Thursday.

Captain America vs Hydra was $11.xx

One of the micro Star Wars was $9.xx

a couple others, including a Chima set

Wasn't there a CAG on here that said there was a way to buy full sets of minifigure series when they first release for cheap? I can't remember if it was from amazon.de or ebay or what the suggestion was but I was curious because I need full sets of simpsons series 2 and the upcomming monsters series. 

Took a peek at target ad for next week, Warning!!!! excludes Lego, just posting in case your up and the promo goes through.

$10 off $50 and $25 off $100 with code FORCE starting Friday.

Amazon has 70807 MetalBeard's Duel for $26.49 right now. Not sure how much it usually is in stores but that's a pretty good drop from the $35 MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back