LEGO Deals 3

I think it just depends on the store and how much traffic they get, or maybe just up to the managers digression. If you really want to be that guy you can play the special part, most of us act like six year olds already.

Dilemma.

So a Wal-Mart 45 minutes away had the Star Wars Mill Falcon and Final Battle listed at clearance and more than two in stock. Fine, I'll do a same day pick up to ensure that the store has those in stock before venturing out. Request comes back denied (fine) but we can rush ship to store! I decline and it appears to be cancelled at that point. Get a notice today that both are waiting to be picked up at said store. Great. Pretty sure I can cancel, if I opt to travel 45 minutes what are the chances they will return this and honor the clearance?

Started putting the Ferris Wheel together with my daughter last night. This thing has a massive footprint.
That's the set I told my ex to buy me for my birthday.

He didn't. This is why he's an ex.

(Not really. :lol:)

So the new sets have been showing up at Target, so more importantly has anyone seen new clearance yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Star Wars costs more because every several years they need to renew the license so the cost at least makes sense. I'm still trying to figure out how 300 piece Ciry sets cost $50+.
Lego needs to stand pat and basically say "look, we need to make a profit too. If you don't like the price, go to megabloks or playmobile then". Lego has a lot of power it can sway.

But the thing is I normally don't complain about the price. Ninjago is priced fine, the new lighthouse has 767 pieces, a light brick and seven minifigures for $70, Chima was fine, Nexo is fine. Most of Friends is good, LEGO Movie was, Galaxy Squad was fine, needed more minifigures but not too bad.

But then there is City and I just sit there and wonder why people still buy it. I know that's why it's more, it's a top selling theme and LEGO knows it, but it amazes me people still buy it.

Then there are the LEGO fans that would give up their first born for sets.

Grrrr, I hate stickers. I seem to fudge a corner quite often while trying to place them. I almost wish LEGO would offer dry transfer...

Ordered replacement stickers for a couple sets from LEGO Customer Support, just in case the damage corners give way to peeling. I notice some folks on places like bricklink have tons of sheets for some sets available...do they really buy stuff like Raptor Escape and Tumbler in bulk, just to part out like that?

In other news, I acquired both Hero Factory sets containing the elusive Pearl Gray shield pieces used in the Bat Pod build for $40 shipped. Sets were complete with instructions and in great shape; a mom was selling them on her kid's behalf via craigslist. The rest of the Bat Pod parts look to run about $130 shipped (spread across 3 USA-based sellers) on bricklink. Gonna order them when I get my tax return, probably.

If anybody else is looking to build a Bat Pod, it is worth noting that the new 42050 Drag Racer Technic set has the tires needed; they're no longer exclusive to the Bat Pod and Tumbler!

How do you place them? I use tweezers to place stickers. I can center so much easier with them..
I used tweezers as well, and it definitely helps...but my hands are so shaky that I still manage to goof it up on occasion, so I have to pick at it to peel ot off and try again, usually damaging a corner. It's only really affected 2-3 small stickers across 4 sets I have that use them, but it's still a little annoying.

The worst is putting it upside down inside a panel. I did that with the winter village post office truck. I had to use a sharp edge to lift it up so I could put it on the right way. I messed that one up.

Do you realize the goof right away? if you do, don't remove the tweezers until you like how it sits.  

I usually only apply less than a 1/4 of the sticker first, Holding 3/4 of the sticker with the tweezers.  For me, it makes it so I can still move the sticker around white it is attached to the piece. It kinda slides around as long as not too much has been attached.

LEGO Creator, City, Duplo, and Friends are 20% at TRU today and tomorrow. They have the Tower Bridge available online for $191.99 with the discount. Of course, one week after I buy it at a LEGO store...

I never care about TRU sales because at most you'll save is 10-15% when you factor in the TRU tax. The only exception I make is when I am looking for an older set that the other retailers don't carry anymore, they're at least good for that and that's only because they never clearance anything out like the other retailers.

I never care about TRU sales because at most you'll save is 10-15% when you factor in the TRU tax. The only exception I make is when I am looking for an older set that the other retailers don't carry anymore, they're at least good for that and that's only because they never clearance anything out like the other retailers.
They didn't have much in the way of large sets online...at least not from the Creator line...but I imagine $191.99 is the cheapest anyone is likely to see the Tower Bridge, and odds are on it retiring soon, I believe.

For smaller sets though, I agree it isn't all that great. It smells like a small sale before they start clearancing stuff out to make room for new product.

Forgot to mention, too, that new sets were spotted at a Wal-Mart in Wilmington, NC today. Obi-Wan's Fightet, Hoth Battle, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Droid Escape Pod, and Series 3 Microfighters were on the shelf. Also saw a Marvel Civil War set (the one with Falcon and Black Widow), as well as the Marvel and DC Supermicros or whatever they're called. Picked up a Carbon Freezing Chamber to compliment the Slave I I'm building (1 bag a day so that I can savor it; though bags 6 and 7 might get done together because they're on the small side). Probably gonna give the Boba, Han, and Han-in-Carbonite minifigs to a friend of mine, since they're redundant for me.

I know it's super YMMV, but Dillons and other stores in the Kroger's family are beginning to clearance Lego again to make room for the new spring and summer sets. Most sets I saw are larger sets at only $10-15 cheaper than retail, but I also saw a great deal of older sets that just hit clearance and seem to be pretty good buys ($50 Cantina, $40 Milano, $35 X-Men Blackbird). If you have a larger store in your area that has a toy aisle, it may be worth checking out.  

Also, found a shit ton of Nexo Knights sets for clearance at one of my Walmarts already. All of them $5-10 off regular retail. Not sure how they ended up in the clearance aisle already.

So the new sets have been showing up at Target, so more importantly has anyone seen new clearance yet?
I have.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Check prices at local stores for the Joker Land set, DPCI is 204-00-1131. $35.98 at one location, $41.08 at another. Also the SW Death Star Final Duel was $27.58 at one store but it dropped out of the system there.

[attachment=20589:image.png][attachment=20590:image.jpeg]

I have.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Check prices at local stores for the Joker Land set, DPCI is 204-00-1131. $35.98 at one location, $41.08 at another. Also the SW Death Star Final Duel was $27.58 at one store but it dropped out of the system there.

attachicon.gif
image.png
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Which app is that if you mind me asking

Which app is that if you mind me asking
I don't mind. It's the official Target app - the one with the bullseye alone (I know they have a bunch of apps, so it's not the Cartwheel app, nor the Registry app, nor the Wishlist app). But note, when people tried to repro that trick to show the low prices, I believe they were only able to replicate it via the iOS app, and not the Android app...and some people stated they couldn't get it to work at all even with the iOS app. And I can't get it to show the low prices on anything that indicates "Not sold in stores" in the app, such as the Joker Land set...despite the fact it *is* sold in stores.

Damn you, Pasadena!!!
Sorry, I should have said which stores. The City Target in Westwood is actually the only store that has those prices. I just saved the image with the wrong store selected as once you set "your store" to the one with the low price, all the other stores listed are selectable with that same low price still showing (it doesn't reset the price). Unfortunately, it can no longer be replicated for that particular set because it is no longer in the system at the Westwood City Target, and all of the other 100 or so Targets within 50 miles of me have it at full price in their systems. So, "DAMN YOU WESTWOOD/UCLA!!!"

The Jokerland is $41.08 at the Westwood City Target only, and $35.98 at the store in Orange (in the OC, naturally)...Commerce is the only store that has no price on it at all, so it might have been on clearance at one point there but is now no longer in the system:

LEGO Super Heros Jokerland 76035 (204-00-1131)
Store Location Quantity Price
LA Beverly Hills (0.98 miles) 0 $ 136.99
West Hollywood (1.41 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Los Angeles (3.55 miles) 0 $ 119.99
LA Central (5.31 miles) 0 $ 136.99
LA Westwood (5.4 miles) 0 $ 41.08
Culver City (5.52 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Culver City South (6.4 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Glendale (7.23 miles) 2 $ 119.99
North Hollywood (8.22 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Burbank (8.31 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Inglewood (8.5 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Los Angeles Eagle Rock (8.71 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Van Nuys (9.83 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Hawthorne (10.34 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Van Nuys North (11.66 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Alhambra (11.67 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Commerce (11.95 miles) 0 -
Pacoima (12.73 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Manhattan Beach (12.78 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Gardena (12.83 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Pasadena (13.39 miles) 3 $ 119.99
South Gate (13.42 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Redondo Beach (13.88 miles) 3 $ 119.99
Northridge (14.32 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Woodland Hills (15.02 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Compton-Rancho Dom (15.15 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Pico Rivera (15.84 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Rosemead (16.01 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Pasadena East (16.01 miles) 3 $ 119.99
Northridge (16.35 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Granada Hills (16.5 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Carson North (16.5 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Los Angeles Topanga (16.69 miles) 4 $ 119.99
Torrance (16.84 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Long Beach NW (16.95 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Norwalk (17.14 miles) 2 $ 119.99
West Hills (17.85 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Carson (18.4 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Norwalk East (18.88 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Lakewood Center Mall (19.23 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Santa Fe Springs (19.57 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Signal Hill (19.97 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Cerritos West (20.92 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Baldwin Park (21.3 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Duarte (21.5 miles) 1 $ 119.99
San Pedro (21.66 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Whittier (22.08 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Cerritos (22.55 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Long Beach Bellflower (22.83 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Santa Clarita East (23.29 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Buena Park (24.79 miles) 2 $ 119.99
La Habra (24.9 miles) 2 $ 119.99
West Covina South (25.17 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Puente Hills (25.25 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Seal Beach (25.53 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Azusa (25.68 miles) 2 $ 119.99
West Fullerton (25.85 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Westlake Village (25.92 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Simi Valley (26.52 miles) 2 $ 119.99
West Covina (26.61 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Cypress (26.67 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Valencia (27.01 miles) 4 $ 119.99
Fullerton South (28.26 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Brea (28.49 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Anaheim (28.56 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Simi Valley West (29.11 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Westminster NW (29.61 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Fullerton (29.85 miles) 0 $ 119.99
San Dimas (30.21 miles) 3 $ 119.99
Diamond Bar (30.59 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Brookhurst (31.05 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Westminster (31.64 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Garden Grove Harbor (31.74 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Moorpark (32.87 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Laverne (33.85 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Santa Ana NW (34.01 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Pomona (34.03 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Orange (34.03 miles) 0 $ 35.98
Thousand Oaks (34.42 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Huntington Beach East (35.62 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Santa Ana (35.77 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Chino Hills (36.45 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Costa Mesa (36.48 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Santa Ana (36.71 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Anaheim Hills (37.26 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Montclair (37.73 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Chino (38.29 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Palmdale (38.31 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Palmdale East (38.82 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Tustin (39.35 miles) 3 $ 119.99
Irvine North (40.11 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Irvine (40.67 miles) 4 $ 119.99
Upland (40.74 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Camarillo (42.53 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Lancaster (43.18 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Rancho Cucamonga (44.44 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Ontario (45.07 miles) 2 $ 119.99
Irvine Spectrum (45.52 miles) 1 $ 119.99
Eastvale (45.99 miles) 0 $ 119.99
Norco (46.47 miles) 3 $ 119.99

I think it's official karkyco has somebody working on the inside changing those sets to clearance at those stores and then tipping him off.

I think it's official karkyco has somebody working on the inside changing those sets to clearance at those stores and then tipping him off.
I wish. But if that were the case, I would never be reporting these finds, and I would be having it all done at the closest, most convenient store(s) to me. There are a bunch of other one-off clearances that I've found just by checking DPCIs, however they are literally each at a singular store and all are different locations, with all of them out of my way. They are pretty much like the "online item" "repackage" one-offs that people report in the Target clearance thread.

Come on, Pasadena is 5 minutes away from you. It's a drive from riverside though, I think the east one is easier to get to if I remember, the other one is off lake I think.

There was a helicarrier and seacow at the chino hills store, never kept up with it to see if they went down in price.

Come on, Pasadena is 5 minutes away from you. It's a drive from riverside though, I think the east one is easier to get to if I remember, the other one is off lake I think.
There was a helicarrier and seacow at the chino hills store, never kept up with it to see if they went down in price.
My office is in Pasadena, with the store off Lake about a 5 minute walk. It's a two story store that used to be something else that I went to as a kid, but I can't remember what it was...maybe a Good Guys? The east Colorado one used to be a Fedco...loved that store. Both are on Colorado.

My office is in Pasadena, with the store off Lake about a 5 minute walk. It's a two story store that used to be something else that I went to as a kid, but I can't remember what it was...maybe a Good Guys? The east Colorado one used to be a Fedco...loved that store. Both are on Colorado.
Man i miss Fedco, we used to go to the one in Cerritos when I was a kid. I think most of my Nintendo games if not all came from there.

Haven't seen any of the new sets yet. Did go to the Nexo Knights event today and my kids each got a set. I picked up the Van & Caravan and Friends Hot Air Balloon since they were on sale

Found more Nexo Knights stuff clearanced at another Walmart of mine today. Still surprised they already put this stuff on clearance. 

2wgyipi.jpg

They also had all of the new SW and Heroes sets out, but none of them were clearanced.... yet. 

Also, surprisingly the Quinjet Avengers 2 set was back up to full price, but still in the clearance aisle. They had been $30 a few days ago and I had finally succumbed to the temptation, but it was unfortunately not to be. I will have to find another way to sate my deal lust.

I didn't make it to the LEGO event today :( Guess I'm not buying nexo stuff! :p Saved me money.

Tomorrow is the Pokemon event. /wrist

Was able to snag one of the bags from TRU thanks to my fiancée...a nifty little build; the main draw for me was the dark green plate...that's useful for mini modulars or something. The lady got herself the Red Dragon and Parrot 3-in-1 sets, and I got the small Red Plane 3-in-1; done buying until late March...then I might make a purchase for the Easter Chick, Valentine Dog (both for my fiancée; she loves the animals and holiday themed stuff), and maybe the Creator Ferrari if it's still in stock by then with double points...

Learned my lesson about ordering items while in the hospital on painkillers. Mistook the ToysRUs Creator set they had on sale as the Pet Shop, only to find out I just spent $80 on the $30 bike shop. Go me!

The end is near...

Amazon has risen the free shipping minimum to 49.

I knew I should have ordered the $22 Scooby Van and $23 Jurassic World Jeep last week from AWD.

You're dead to me Amazon, dead.

(Besides the $70 I have in gift cards.) :lol:

I guess I just need to make up a few more emails for more free prime member ships.

That's not Amazon's fault.  I recently read the USPS has revamped their pricing fucking everyone.  Amazon is just covering their bases as to not take a loss on shipping.  Kinda works in their favor though pushing more people towards Prime.

Last time I was in the hospital in really bad shape, I ordered a Persona Q 3DS from Japan! I am so smart, S-M-R-T

Learned my lesson about ordering items while in the hospital on painkillers. Mistook the ToysRUs Creator set they had on sale as the Pet Shop, only to find out I just spent $80 on the $30 bike shop. Go me!

That's not Amazon's fault. I recently read the USPS has revamped their pricing fucking everyone. Amazon is just covering their bases as to not take a loss on shipping. Kinda works in their favor though pushing more people towards Prime.
USPS raised their rates by effectively 10%

Free shipping at $35 to free shipping at $49 is a bigger jump by quite a bit.

This is bound to piss off customers of both USPS and Amazon. It also makes Legos even more expensive to ship.

Has AWD gotten any better? I gave up on them awhile back, after I kept getting sets with missing pieces, missing labels, dirty, etc.

Has AWD gotten any better? I gave up on them awhile back, after I kept getting sets with missing pieces, missing labels, dirty, etc.
I just did a quick search and counted 28 LEGO sets I have bought from 2013 onwards, none were missing anything, one had messed up stickers I wasn't going to use. I also bought 10-15 video games sense then and all of them were like new and the codes weren't even used.

And let's be honest, Amazon raised the minimum to $49 because they could. The backlash will be covered by blaming USPS and then they will have a some promo on Prime to get more people to it.

But in the short term I was going to make a purchase of one thing I really need, and then a few things I need but not as much. Now I'll just buy what I really at Target, whose minimum is currently still $25, and not worry about the rest.

So, I'm not sure what is going on, but there is some kind of weird glitch going on over at Shop your Way Rewards right now. They are continually depositing points for toy purchases into my accounts. I have 5 accounts, so they're stacking up pretty quickly. I was able to get the Carbonite Freezing Chamber, Batman Cycle Chase, X-Wing Microfighter, and First Order Snowspeeder sets for free just now and points are still being shuffled into the accounts in $1, $5, and $10 increments. 

I'm not sure what's going on, but I think it's related to the WANT IT? WIN IT. NOW! Sweepstakes they're running and that it's glitched (I'm assuming because the glitch started with that contest not working for me and then I refreshed it a few times and then it started). If any of you are bored and feel like figuring it out and maybe getting free Lego, I'd check it out.

www.shopyourway.com/sweeps

Edit: Figured it out. It's giving out infinity plays and because the payout is so large it's giving me mountains of points every time I reload. 2 orders have already went through, so I'm going for broke. Infinity free Lego!

I couldn't make it to TRU for the Nexo Knights build - any chance of it showing up on bricklink etc?

I really want that sword in blue...

Hit Walmart yesterday and saw all of the new sets, had to pass for now since payday is next week but I'll probably wait for 2x VIP points next month anyways. I did manage to pick up another Silver Centurion poly though.

So, I'm not sure what is going on, but there is some kind of weird glitch going on over at Shop your Way Rewards right now. They are continually depositing points for toy purchases into my accounts. I have 5 accounts, so they're stacking up pretty quickly. I was able to get the Carbonite Freezing Chamber, Batman Cycle Chase, X-Wing Microfighter, and First Order Snowspeeder sets for free just now and points are still being shuffled into the accounts in $1, $5, and $10 increments.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I think it's related to the WANT IT? WIN IT. NOW! Sweepstakes they're running and that it's glitched (I'm assuming because the glitch started with that contest not working for me and then I refreshed it a few times and then it started). If any of you are bored and feel like figuring it out and maybe getting free Lego, I'd check it out.

www.shopyourway.com/sweeps

Edit: Figured it out. It's giving out infinity plays and because the payout is so large it's giving me mountains of points every time I reload. 2 orders have already went through, so I'm going for broke. Infinity free Lego!
I can't even tell where to begin on that site.

Since I posted that another $45 already got deposited into my accounts ($20 in one, $25 in another). Don't even know what I'm going to get at this point. 

bread's done
Back