LEGO Deals 3

Ooh, I'm in.  I think I'm only missing the Statue of Liberty out of the large scale sets, so this is a must buy for me.  I bet people will be buying a few of these to complete the Palace too.

Beautiful looking set...especially if you have the London Bridge to go with it.
Yeah, I just don't have the space for these model replicas but this is one of the best looking ones. Anyone have any of the others like the bridge or opera house? I've always wondered how fun the models are compared to the modulars and other sets.

Yeah, I just don't have the space for these model replicas but this is one of the best looking ones. Anyone have any of the others like the bridge or opera house? I've always wondered how fun the models are compared to the modulars and other sets.
The only ones I've built are the Taj Mahal and the Eiffel Tower. They were fun builds, but were also sort of repetitive. The best is when you're done and you're looking at this massive set that's made up of tiny parts. They are definitely more impressive than the modulars are.

A poster over on the TFW2005 boards found the summer Star Wars sets at TRU. Going to head out and check my stores tomorrow since I have some expiring coupons

I am not into Minecraft but some of the prices are pretty low considering they were already on sale. High speed passenger train is also the lowest I have seen it at $82.

I am not into Minecraft but some of the prices are pretty low considering they were already on sale. High speed passenger train is also the lowest I have seen it at $82.
I forgot about the train!

(Must not buy... must not buy... I regret not buying Cargo train with track for $95.. must not buy.) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lego Scooby Doo Blu Ray is on sale at Target for $12.99, picked it up for my son came with two polybags.
You got two Scoobys?

I wonder why we didn't get more sets with the movie.

Also weren't we supposed to get 5-6 Ghostbuster sets? They have only shown the one.

My son finally got some of the disney mini figs this weekend and the clerk at TRU was actaully nice enough to help me figure out what they were while he was distracted by some game.  Scored Capt Hook, Aladdin, & Mickey. 

Lego Scooby Doo Blu Ray is on sale at Target for $12.99, picked it up for my son came with two polybags.
Think I may bite because we're going on a beach trip and that would be a nice surprise. Only question is if the Digital is iTunes friendly. Can you confirm whether its ultraviolet or Apple friendly?

Think I may bite because we're going on a beach trip and that would be a nice surprise. Only question is if the Digital is iTunes friendly. Can you confirm whether its ultraviolet or Apple friendly?
I don't know if it comes with an iTunes code buy Vudu works great on my ipad. I actually prefer it to the Apple interface.

I don't know if it comes with an iTunes code buy Vudu works great on my ipad. I actually prefer it to the Apple interface.
It's actually for a Surface Pro but I started on the iTunes side and wanted to try and consolidate licenses there. That said I have a decent UV collection. Does VUDU use that licensing type?

It's actually for a Surface Pro but I started on the iTunes side and wanted to try and consolidate licenses there. That said I have a decent UV collection. Does VUDU use that licensing type?
Yeah, you can use flixster, vudu, and a couple of other apps I can't remember. There might be one or two UV movies that aren't in one of those catalogues but I haven't found any yet.

How do you use your surface with iTunes?

I just redeemed the code, it only offered Flixter, Vudu, & CinemaNow, I didn't try the code directly through iTunes to see if it would redeem.

Yeah, you can use flixster, vudu, and a couple of other apps I can't remember. There might be one or two UV movies that aren't in one of those catalogues but I haven't found any yet.

How do you use your surface with iTunes?
Thanks, for Itunes you can just download the app which has all licenses and download what you want. It's not the easiest and sometimes I've thought about getting another ipad just for that kinda stuff.

I just redeemed the code, it only offered Flixter, Vudu, & CinemaNow, I didn't try the code directly through iTunes to see if it would redeem.
Yeah, it's UV only but I broke down and got it anyway. Thanks for the info. I only got one poly though so I don't know what that's about.

Wife found a Slave I at Target marked 70% off. Box was beat to hell but opened it up and all the bags seem to be there. Looks like it was an online return.

Saw the new Star Wars sets at Barnes and Noble yesterday if anyone is looking

Just got back from lunch and saw them at Walmart now too

Just saw the new SW sets at Target...what is that one ship, Star Scavenger, from?   It's got four minifigs that my son and I have no clue where they come from.

Damn. Yesterday AWD had the City Police station for $47.88 but I was running late so I must have loaded the page but never checked to see if anything good was listed. :lol:

I'd buy it for the fact it comes with 25+ window frames I would remove the bar windows and stick in 'glass' and it's almost instant office building.

And interestingly Target's 20% off is no longer on lower sale price. There was the Diver stater pack for $6.39 I for got to buy, and it's up to $8 now. Same with the train (still OOS).

per sd, I helped my daughter score an Indominus set for $65 on clearance at Target today. Had to drive an hour to get it, but a $65 discount was worth it. Plus we made it a daddy-daughters day.

Still SRP at most Targets, $90 at others and a select few have it for $65 like we found.

now we just need the T-Rex set for the whole collection.

per sd, I helped my daughter score an Indominus set for $65 on clearance at Target today. Had to drive an hour to get it, but a $65 discount was worth it. Plus we made it a daddy-daughters day.

Still SRP at most Targets, $90 at others and a select few have it for $65 like we found.

now we just need the T-Rex set for the whole collection.
D'oh!

AWD had a T-Rex set this morning for $45. If I see one again I'll message you.

What has your experience been with AWD and legos? I don't care about the condition of the boxes too much. I need all the pieces to be inside though.
Others here have had issues. I have ordered around 30 sets, some for really really high (mistake?) discounts and never had any issues with the pieces. If you care about the box then I'd shop elsewhere. But the last 3-4 sets had better boxes than I have seen in stores, others have huge holes but I have never had missing pieces or broken pieces. Also all the pieces were in the bags, nothing was built or anything. I had warehouse damage all 30ish times, but some get returned messes.

I've only ordered one set from awd and it was repackaged with loose pieces. It was all there though. I imagine like with anything on awd your luck may be different.

Others here have had issues. I have ordered around 30 sets, some for really really high (mistake?) discounts and never had any issues with the pieces. If you care about the box then I'd shop elsewhere. But the last 3-4 sets had better boxes than I have seen in stores, others have huge holes but I have never had missing pieces or broken pieces. Also all the pieces were in the bags, nothing was built or anything. I had warehouse damage all 30ish times, but some get returned messes.
I picked up the Fairground Mixer you posted about not too long ago. All bags sealed, everything present, damage to the box that I didn't mind. Happy with that and I'm back on the AWD train.

I have had AWD items with missing pieces/minifigures and with sets that were obviously built, played with, and taken apart. The worst was a set that had all that and was dirty and incomplete on top of it.

It's Amazon, so you can always return it. Just open it and check it when you get it.

Found the Disney minifigs at Target today -- first time I have seen them there.  Don't rush out, though -- I was at three different Targets today (don't ask) and only one had them.  Picked up extra Toy Story Aliens, a Stitch, and an Ursula.

Also stopped by TRU, and they had clearanced the McFarlane Walking Dead Governor's set and the Game of Thrones Throne Room.  Both of them were on my eventual buy list and they're each $10 off at $19.99

Found the Disney minifigs at Target today -- first time I have seen them there. Don't rush out, though -- I was at three different Targets today (don't ask) and only one had them. Picked up extra Toy Story Aliens, a Stitch, and an Ursula.

Also stopped by TRU, and they had clearanced the McFarlane Walking Dead Governor's set and the Game of Thrones Throne Room. Both of them were on my eventual buy list and they're each $10 off at $19.99
Both Targets I go to have gotten 3-4 boxes a week for the last two weeks. They are loaded with them and series 15.

Target and Amazon have the Scooby Mansion and lighthouse for 30%.

I'm betting we see Scooby on clearance at Target very soon.
Walmart is also the same price.

I agree, but should I wait and get greedy for 50% off? If I was still near the Henrietta NY Walmart I would, they have the best LEGO clearance ever. I wanted to spend like $500 ones day. :)

And this has nothing to do with LEGO but Target has a male beauty box (shaver, deodorant, hair stuff) for $5.

http://www.target.com/p/june-men-s-beauty-box/-/A-50947006#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=may+men+beauty+box

There is also a female one for $10 because it takes twice as much for a women to look good. ;)

http://www.target.com/p/june-women-s-beauty-box/-/A-50947012#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=june+beauty+box

Double post, this time about LEGO. :)

AWD has a Jokerland for $75

http://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Jokerland-Building/dp/B00WHZDN78/ref=sr_1_22?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1464661306&sr=1-22&keywords=lego

And Simpsons House for $164
http://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Simpsons-71006-House/dp/B00HX14C7Q/ref=sr_1_38?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1464661326&sr=1-38&keywords=lego

Big Bang Theory set is $40 at Amazon, not AWD.

And the T-Rex Jurassic World set is $55. In case anyone else care. (I already messaged Corvin)

So I don't triple post... Walmart seem to have the Spaceport on clearance for $30. If someone finds one and wants to sell it to me I'll be very thankful. :)  

So slickdeals posted a few deals on technic legos and one that caught my eye was LEGO Technic 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 Building Kit that's currently on sale for 174.32, down from the 229.99. I'm currently looking for a summer project for me an my son and it's between this and the Porsche GT3 which I initially said no to. I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience collecting and reselling Technic and if anyone actually had this set and if it would be a better  build than what the Porsche appears to be. I don't know if the Porsche is LE but if anyone has seen the packaging they are clearly going for a deluxe vibe with it. Problem is it's less pieces than the Benz and will be 300 bucks which hits me right in the logic. If the Porsche will actually be more limited in production that may make it a better longer term investment but I couldn't find any info on production count. 

Double post, this time about LEGO. :)

AWD has a Jokerland for $75

http://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Jokerland-Building/dp/B00WHZDN78/ref=sr_1_22?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1464661306&sr=1-22&keywords=lego

And Simpsons House for $164
http://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Simpsons-71006-House/dp/B00HX14C7Q/ref=sr_1_38?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1464661326&sr=1-38&keywords=lego

Big Bang Theory set is $40 at Amazon, not AWD.

And the T-Rex Jurassic World set is $55. In case anyone else care. (I already messaged Corvin)

So I don't triple post... Walmart seem to have the Spaceport on clearance for $30. If someone finds one and wants to sell it to me I'll be very thankful. :)
This Spaceport: 45059359?

All of my Walmarts still have them for $89.

So slickdeals posted a few deals on technic legos and one that caught my eye was LEGO Technic 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 Building Kit that's currently on sale for 174.32, down from the 229.99. I'm currently looking for a summer project for me an my son and it's between this and the Porsche GT3 which I initially said no to. I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience collecting and reselling Technic and if anyone actually had this set and if it would be a better build than what the Porsche appears to be. I don't know if the Porsche is LE but if anyone has seen the packaging they are clearly going for a deluxe vibe with it. Problem is it's less pieces than the Benz and will be 300 bucks which hits me right in the logic. If the Porsche will actually be more limited in production that may make it a better longer term investment but I couldn't find any info on production count.
Go with the Arocs. It has more playability. The Porsche has a cool gearbox and paddle shifters but not much else beyond it.

Yeah I remember seeing one for $59 when reports trickled in and I didn't grab it. Went back the next day and it was gone. Oh well, don't have room for it anyways

Yeah I remember seeing one for $59 when reports trickled in and I didn't grab it. Went back the next day and it was gone. Oh well, don't have room for it anyways
When has it ever been about the room? It's about the love, the passion for collecting!

Curse the room! The room will find itself!

bread's done
Back