LEGO Deals 3

It might have been mentioned but there is a very tiny star destroyer with purchase of Lego Force Awakens at Best Buy:

Lego Force Awakens

5061001_sa.jpg
It's not very tiny, it's just 1:150000 scale. ;)

TRU is in dire financial difficulty as it is, no need to defraud them. They should be using their computer for the match and the app doesn't show the sets as clearance which would disallow a price match. I usually don't disagree with your tactics but this time I've got to call you out. I get that the employees are not that brought but this just crosses a line.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I normally don't preorder games but with the exclusives that are offered and the dlc that comes with the deluxe version I did this time as its a good value

Last edited by a moderator:
Karkyco, I love you. I've never been able to actually use your tips before to price match anything, but I was just able to get one of the creator changing seasons sets for $13 at TRU with price match. I feel so lucky. Just wish I was able to get the Imperial Shuttle instead!

Put together UCS Slave I yesterday, what an awesome set and fun build.
My Shop at Home order arrived yesterday and they shipped the park statue set and a few other items but my Fun in the Park set is still backordered. Also had an expiring TRU 20% off coupon and some TRU Rewards so I picked up the Treehouse Adventures set for $13

Put together UCS Slave I yesterday, what an awesome set and fun build.
My Shop at Home order arrived yesterday and they shipped the park statue set and a few other items but my Fun in the Park set is still backordered. Also had an expiring TRU 20% off coupon and some TRU Rewards so I picked up the Treehouse Adventures set for $13
It's the only model style UCS that interests me. If I could find it at around 30% off I might bite but I'd be really tempted to start collecting them all and don't have the interest or storage space.

I went to an indoor flea market yesterday. I know they have to pay and the people need to pay for the AC and heating, but the prices were insane. They had a few Friends $10 sets for $8, that aren't great and could easily be found cheaper. There was a Technic throwbot or something for $10, an incomplete tan $50 Mars Mission (The one with the robot looking aliens and not the ones that don't move) for $25. There were horrible shape Goosebump books for $4 each when new they are $7, there was a NES for $60, a black GC control for $14. I was amazed by how high things were.

I did find a shark Beanie Baby (I collect them... kind of...) for 75 cents an an awesome older style Garfield for 70 cents. :)

Amazon has the complete Monster series and the second series of Simpsons for $65 which is amazing in case anyone is missing them.

I went to an indoor flea market yesterday. I know they have to pay and the people need to pay for the AC and heating, but the prices were insane. They had a few Friends $10 sets for $8, that aren't great and could easily be found cheaper. There was a Technic throwbot or something for $10, an incomplete tan $50 Mars Mission (The one with the robot looking aliens and not the ones that don't move) for $25. There were horrible shape Goosebump books for $4 each when new they are $7, there was a NES for $60, a black GC control for $14. I was amazed by how high things were.

I did find a shark Beanie Baby (I collect them... kind of...) for 75 cents an an awesome older style Garfield for 70 cents. :)
Not to be off topic but if you're ever looking for any old beanie babies I have probably 200+ from around Chocolate the Moose through 2003 that are sitting in a box and looking for a good home.

Not to be off topic but if you're ever looking for any old beanie babies I have probably 200+ from around Chocolate the Moose through 2003 that are sitting in a box and looking for a good home.
Let's go off topic! My parents went beanie baby crazy and now they give them to my kids to play with. I can see a twinge of pain when they cut the tags off. I have the britannia bear. I thought the union jack was pretty cool,

Let's go off topic! My parents went beanie baby crazy and now they give them to my kids to play with. I can see a twinge of pain when they cut the tags off. I have the britannia bear. I thought the union jack was pretty cool,
When I was a kid I used to play with them and protect the tags. I lost it when Garcia's tag fell off. This despite the fact I've never listened to The Grateful Dead at that point.

I'm sorry, we need to stay on topic. If you want to talk about Beanie Babies do it in the Off Topic section. Oh sorry I was at Eurobricks for the first time in awhile and they had a fucking heart attack for talking about Ghostbuster movies in the Ghostbuster LEGO section. The horror!!!! :lol:

I don't really collect them, I just buy them if the yard $1 or less and cute. :) So I have about 75 now I think, maybe more with Garfield and holiday ones. They fit lovely in a small box.

They look fun to me. They are comic book characters and I think modern movies forget that part and take themselves way too seriously.

I was super excited for them when they were announced, but then with the short legs, simplified decos, and extra goof factor, it was a major turnoff.

I don't mind a little extra fun, but I can't shake the feeling that Lego came up with the idea of Mighty Micros and then decided to do everything short of gluing the short legs on to destroy everything that made them consumer friendly, just to protect their ridiculously overpriced super hero vehicle sets.

I like them, they are goofy and different. I don't mind most of the faces, but I do wish they had normal legs, but that's no big deal to me.

The Lego Calendar also has a coupon that expires today for 100 VIP points with any purchase, if anyone's getting the $50+ promo set and haven't used it.

I'm going to swing by and see about getting both.

Yeah, I wondered if the June promotion was them testing the waters. To be honest, I'll buy more often from Lego directly now that the barrier to free shipping is lower.
Same here. Or I'll buy more at normal price. Say there are some exclusives that total $20-$25. I wouldn't bother, now just add $10 and you have an order.

I cut back my spending at Amazon by like 85% when the shipping went to $50.

Target Lego clearance started today.

Most of the Halo Megablocks went on clearance too.
Yea, I saw that last night when I stopped by.

Most things are only 15% off at mine, cept maybe a couple of sets at 30% off.

The ones I took pictures of (only the tag, not most of the box, so I don't know what half of these were):

Elves: 086-14-0255

MSH: 204-00-1023

MSH: 204-00-1024

DCSH: 204-00-1131

DCSH: 204-00-1127

DCSH: 204-00-0780

Also saw a couple City (Swamp Police, shuttle launch).

All the Minions toys were on clearance as well, some board games (cheaper with coupon at B&N so I didn't bother), and Snoopy pop vinyls were $3.14.

I saw one Jokerland for $84 last night.  If I had the money, I probably would have bought it.  Also saw the Shuttle Launch set, Deep Sea Salvage, a Microfighters Snowspeeder, Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine and Mummy Museum Mystery.  There were also some sets that were clearanced but gone in the City section, which I didn't investigate further.

They were also clearancing action figures for the new Ghostbusters, which seemed odd given it hasn't even been released yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a lot of sets marked 15 - 30% off at Target but I'm gonna wait to see what hits 50% off, really trying to slow down the spending

Wish I was excited about the Mighty Micros sets but I just can't

If you spend $40 in LEGO at TRU this week you get a free $15 Bionicle thing. So that theme bust be bombing.

What makes it a better deal is Friends, Super Heroes and Minecraft (I think) are still 20% off. Not sure how long that will last but it's worth a look.

Decent haul at my target

Scooby mummy museum $10.48
Scooby Haunted lighthouse $34.98
Brainiac attack $17.48

Last of each so had to take them

Decent haul at my target

Brainiac attack $17.48

Decent haul at my target

Brainiac attack $17.48
My Target had 3 of each. There were also some superhero Junior sets and an Ariel's castle. I took the Braniac one.

I had the Power Armor Lex set on display, but the Superman minifigure went missing after my wife's friend came to visit along with her two kids. I've been trying to replace it for awhile, but most of the sets I've seen have the Man of Steel version. Eww.

As a plus, both of these sets have been featured in the Lego Dimensions game. Yay!

Decent haul at my target

Brainiac attack $17.48

Target has had them online for that price before. I bought the mummy set from them... I think. I keep forgetting to buy the Brainiac one. I'm probably the only person o the planet that wants the UFO looking thing more than Brainiac.

It IS a pretty rad ship. And the Brainiac figure isn't the most exciting one. My Brainiac ship is perched atop the Simpsons' house on my shelf. I wish it was easy to post pics in here.

I drove from Memphis to ATL on Sunday and hit up a couple of Targets and WMs on the way. Nothing too exciting spotted. There was one Cinderella's Castle for what looked like a decent discount, but I passed on that. 30% off was the best I have seen at any Target so far.

OH, but I did get six free Kylo Ren Shuttle polybags from a friendly Gamestop employee outside of Memphis. I think he would have been happy if I'd taken the whole box, but that just felt like too much.

I think the Finn minifig is actually inside the fancy version of the game's package this time?

OH, but I did get six free Kylo Ren Shuttle polybags from a friendly Gamestop employee outside of Memphis. I think he would have been happy if I'd taken the whole box, but that just felt like too much.

I think the Finn minifig is actually inside the fancy version of the game's package this time?
You should have taken the whole box and then gave them out to your friends here. :)

bread's done
Back