LEGO Deals 3

I picked up the Green Lantern vs Sinestro set for $13.05 after taxes. It's kind of boring to build. I think its because it reminded me of Nick Fury's hover car.

I will say that it looks like it would very fun for a kid to play with. I didn't know that there was a shooting mechanism that you can use to make the cage open.

Mine also came with two sheets of Space Batman wings. Don't know if that is normal, but I'm not complaining.

Unfortunately, the green cockpit piece had some small cracks and scratches. It'll stop bugging me eventually.

Was there nothing unveiled at SDCC besides the new Dimensions stuff and the two Batman sets? I thought we were supposed to see some major reveals...particularly for Star Wars :(

Was there nothing unveiled at SDCC besides the new Dimensions stuff and the two Batman sets? I thought we were supposed to see some major reveals...particularly for Star Wars :(
Why did you think that?

We usually see a couple sets, they announced the new Pop Blocks Heads line, showed the new Batmobile and a few other sets.

Star Wars won't be announced until Star Wars day in September when all the toys for the new movie will be revealed.

Of course, they are all probably marked up 10% or so before the fake sale.
Online about 90% of them are actual price. What pisses me off is the smallest Angry Birds set was marked up. I want it for the eggs, but the rest are 20% off, same with a lot of Nexo.

So 2017 rumours (that are most likely true)...

Power Ranger sets

Cars 3 sets

PotC sets, I think 4 of them.

Maybe LEGO City Sports set / sets. (At least a soccer set.)

Not sure I care about PotC anymore. Will be interested to see what they come up with for Power Rangers. I'd be all over a hockey set. Would be cool to integrate pond hockey into the Winter Village theme.

Some nice finds at Walmart today:

#75101 First Order Tie Fighter  $15

#75149 Resistance X-Wing  $30

#60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel  $30

#70605 Misfortune's Keep  $25

I missed out on the Resistance Transport for $20 :-({|=

Some nice finds at Walmart today:

#75101 First Order Tie Fighter $15

#75149 Resistance X-Wing $30

#60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel $30

#70605 Misfortune's Keep $25

I missed out on the Resistance Transport for $20 :-({|=
I would be the happiest to get a space shuttle or diver boat for $30.

Scored at recently retired Star Destroyer via Craigslist for $125 after shipping...MISB. Just under retail price, but I'll take it. Also found the new Spidey/Ghost Rider team up set at TRU this afternoon...I'm liking it a lot.

Now I just have to wait for the Doc Oc robot and bridge sets...the latter looked really awesome in Jangbricks' review. Gonna get the small Carnage and Venom sets released previously so I can have a complete roster of LEGO Spidey villains so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the banana suit minifigure set today... 1 of each (aside from penguin guy and banana guy, wife bought *all* they had of those.)

So, I'm stealing some banana guys because there is always money in the banana stand.

Got the banana suit minifigure set today... 1 of each (aside from penguin guy and banana guy, wife bought *all* they had of those.)

So, I'm stealing some banana guys because there is always money in the banana stand.
Where did you buy them from? I'm wondering if Target has started getting hem yet.

Am I the only one that has issues with tiny pieces breaking? I have found maybe cracked 1x1 tiles and the cheese slopes to be broken as i try to organize my insane amount of LEGO. I have a ton of older pieces from the 80s and 90s but it seems to only be within the last ten years that sets I hardly touched have broken.

Am I the only one that has issues with tiny pieces breaking? I have found maybe cracked 1x1 tiles and the cheese slopes to be broken as i try to organize my insane amount of LEGO. I have a ton of older pieces from the 80s and 90s but it seems to only be within the last ten years that sets I hardly touched have broken.
It's the lower quality, "environmentally friendly" plastics and the processes which produce them.

Found the Creator Power Jet for $35 at Wally World.  They also had the new mini -figs out. I was able find Mr Banana without much difficulty.

I also saw the city police station for $54 and the spaceport for $59. I am hoping for one more drop. They had over 4 of each set despite what brickseek said.

I went back on lunch to walmart and chatted with someone else while feeling through the series 16 minifigs. I was able to find the 3 others I wanted, mariachi man, penguin, and dog show.  The other guy was telling me some great stories about all the times he has seen people stealing lego sets. They were very brazen and were just opening boxes and pulling out the bags. We both saw the spaceport for ~$60 and we both thought it's still a little on the high side.

This series is pretty nice because most figs have some easily identifiable parts

Yeah a lot of the 1x1 tiles, specifically on the base of my palace cinema cracked and lots of assorted parts in the roof of my grand emporium were cracked. Not from any play, just display. I disassembled what I needed to to get to them then ordered replacement parts from Lego. Sure that was easy but it was still annoying.

Darn. My Walmart must have had a Deep Sea big Boat today for $60 (From what the tag said) but it wasn't there when I got there late. I'd love the boat and shipwreck for $60. If anyone has one and the space ship and know how to ship them cheap, let me know. :)

Darn. My Walmart must have had a Deep Sea big Boat today for $60 (From what the tag said) but it wasn't there when I got there late. I'd love the boat and shipwreck for $60. If anyone has one and the space ship and know how to ship them cheap, let me know. :)
My store had an banged up one that I passed on I could pick up. LMK.

Now I just have to wait for the Doc Oc robot and bridge sets...the latter looked really awesome in Jangbricks' review. Gonna get the small Carnage and Venom sets released previously so I can have a complete roster of LEGO Spidey villains so far.
Ooh nice! I was lucky enough to find both 30448 and 76004 locally on eBay. I paid $20 each. Walmart is selling 76036 for $9 online, but Brickseek is showing some stores that have them at $5.

My store had an banged up one that I passed on I could pick up. LMK.
Which did you see the boat or the shuttle?

There is a Walmart near me that Brickseek says they have the big LEGO Ninjago Attack of the Morro Dragon, 70736 for $17. But I doubt that. They had those sets on clearance months and months ago.

The deep sea vessel.
Oh yeah, I'm interested as long as the box isn't completely smashed and pieces are broken or lost. I'm just worried how much it would cost to mail.

And this set is really weird to me, it was never really announced, has 16 mini figures and was on sale for 20% off when it first came out and is now normal price again. Which is very weird.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/What-Am-I-40161;jsessionid=590139057EBA4E553DE1A505038F7CF6.lego-ps5?ShipTo=US&_requestid=561132

I didn't know it was rare until you said something!

Still have it sealed...think my son will let me sell it?
Does he know you have it?

I face that same dilemma on some sets. I have the Cars Mack Truck set I bought for $20 a long time ago. I know my son would love it, but it's going for $120!

Yeah, he knows.  I wouldn't sell it though because I know he loves the Jurassic movies.   I got it back when there were rumors that there wouldn't be any restock for the JW sets.  But I remember seeing them get restocked at lots of Walmarts around here.

Funny thing, he won't let me sell my BTTF set and it's MINE!

Yeah, he knows. I wouldn't sell it though because I know he loves the Jurassic movies. I got it back when there were rumors that there wouldn't be any restock for the JW sets. But I remember seeing them get restocked at lots of Walmarts around here.

Funny thing, he won't let me sell my BTTF set and it's MINE!
You shouldn't sell the BTTF set, that means some new person will be disappointed in it's awfulness. (Yeah I really hate that set.)

I remember seeing about 80 of the rarer Jurassic World set at The LEGO Store last year and wish I bought it because I could have gotten all the sets for cheaper. The bases were $85 as soon as they came out at Walmart, I just saw the T-Rex set for $49 and the others I have seen for about 30% off.

But they are very expensive dinopacks. (The sets suck)

Speaking of expensive mini figure sets LEGO announced two, four mini figure packs for Minecraft. They are... interesting. Look like Han Solo and Harry Potter and weird things.

Scored Wal-Mart clearance today.  I haven't gotten good stuff at a local Wal-Mart in like forever

75140 SW Resistance Troop Transporter: $35

21122 Minecraft Nether Fortress: $40

76037 SH Rhino and Sandman Team-up: $19

76025 SH Green Lantern vs. Sinestro: $9

76036 SH Carnage SHIELD Attack: $5

Already had the last two, but couldn't resist.

Oh yeah, I'm interested as long as the box isn't completely smashed and pieces are broken or lost. I'm just worried how much it would cost to mail.

And this set is really weird to me, it was never really announced, has 16 mini figures and was on sale for 20% off when it first came out and is now normal price again. Which is very weird.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/What-Am-I-40161;jsessionid=590139057EBA4E553DE1A505038F7CF6.lego-ps5?ShipTo=US&_requestid=561132
Kinda looks like a Lego version of Guess Who

Found the new Friends carnival stuff and the new Elves castle.

In other news the wife just spent close to $300 on LEGOs this week... *watches more boxes get added to "the stack"*

Kinda looks like a Lego version of Guess Who
Yeah, I saw that and I think I wanted it more than my son. Loved playing Guess Who when I was a kid. Like so many Lego novelty things, I wonder if the actual game works well or not but I thought the concept was pretty awesome.

Wow, I had no idea the Jurassic World Raptor set had gone up that much. It's tempting to sell but right now I've got the complete run of Jurassic World sets right on down to the Dimensions pack and the Galimimus poly, I'm not sure I can give up having the complete set...

Wow, I had no idea the Jurassic World Raptor set had gone up that much. It's tempting to sell but right now I've got the complete run of Jurassic World sets right on down to the Dimensions pack and the Galimimus poly, I'm not sure I can give up having the complete set...
Sell the whole collection for even more money. :)

LEGO is redoing their S@H site, so far only in Sweden. It's... not good... and I'm being too kind there. The layout now could just be minimally changed and it be perfect. They shouldn't spend so much time redesigning everything and instead fix the crashing issues (which seemed to have gone away.)

I didn't know it was rare until you said something!

Still have it sealed...think my son will let me sell it?
I meant it's NOT rare. Wanna part with it for MSRP? :)

Does he know you have it?

I face that same dilemma on some sets. I have the Cars Mack Truck set I bought for $20 a long time ago. I know my son would love it, but it's going for $120!
You can get a lot more Legos for $120 !

I meant it's NOT rare. Wanna part with it for MSRP? :)

You can get a lot more Legos for $120 !
But then I won't have Mack :lol:

I am also still debating on my sealed HP Hogwarts and SW Venator ship sets. I can get mucho dinero for those, but I also want to keep them. Ah decisions... I had wanted to get used versions of them and sell the new ones, but they are almost the same price!

Even though there is a very good chance we will see more Cars 3 sets that have Mack even if the 2017 rumored list did turn out to be fake.

Had to drive about 40 miles for them, but I scored Kylo Ren's Shuttle for $59 and First Order Transporter for $45 at a Walmart. There's another store not too far from home that has the Millennium Falcon for $75...my fiancée is going to be in that area tomorrow, so she'll nab one of it's still there.

There were two more of the First Order Transporters, and I really want them for parts and extra troopers, but I'm gonna take a chance and see if they drop to $21 before they get scooped...

bread's done
Back