LEGO Deals 3

So even weirder. Pretty much every set released in 2015 and the beginning of 2016 is listed as 'retiring soon' on the European LEGO page. 

Also there, the Holiday Train! You know the set that came out a month ago!

What... That doesn't make sense. Santa Claus has been out for two years. I'll have to grab it just in case.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

"Retiring Soon" means LEGO isn't producing more so maybe they just made a ton of them. I think LEGO just makes too many sets a year and needs to gut the lose ends.

In other news Target is having their BIGGEST LEGO SALE EVER!!!!! tomorrow. 20% off over 100 sets. I'm hoping it's 20% off the 20%+ they are already off online.

"Retiring Soon" means LEGO isn't producing more so maybe they just made a ton of them. I think LEGO just makes too many sets a year and needs to gut the lose ends.

In other news Target is having their BIGGEST LEGO SALE EVER!!!!! tomorrow. 20% off over 100 sets. I'm hoping it's 20% off the 20%+ they are already off online.
Buy on Sunday. Target usually picks up on any pricing mistakes fairly quickly

Buy on Sunday. Target usually picks up on any pricing mistakes fairly quickly
I know. The last time they actually increase the prices to MSRP just to lower for the weekly sale, then the following week went bak to the 'normal', even lower, price.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sale isn't as great as the one where a ton of the stuff ended up being 37% off and I was going to go bankrupt buying everything I wanted, but it has some similar deals.

The fire station and the airport are $63 instead of $100.

Ferry is only $16, that's 45% off.

Prison Island is $57.

Few of the $20 city sets are $12.59 again.

Lance's Mecha Horse is $11.19. (It looks a lot better when in the form of the bike.)

Creator RV is $41.59.

Duck Hunt set is $9.11.

Log cabin is $19.19.

Elves Shadow Castle is $63. It has over 1000 pieces.

Inn is $19.19

Friends Hotel is $83
Spin ride is $12.79

NinjaGo Pirate Bike Chase is $11.19.

Carbon Freezing Chamber is $16.79.

Battle packs are $8.31

Millennium Falcon is $95

A-wing and TIE is $57

Angry Birds plane is $11

Hut is $19.19

Doctor Strange is $24.

Ghost Rider is $12.79

Batman vs Super Jesus is $8.31 (something on it glows-in-the-dark)

Doc Ock's Mech is $25.59

Batmobile is $18.39

Avengers Tower $36

Please not that the prices are different depending on what page you went to. The sale page on the home page has more things on sale then if you go to just sets listed by theme. 

The Frozen castle is like $25. Being that LEGO is releasing a new version with very little added and will probably make it $70, fans might want to grab this one.

Yeah it's not a bad set. 
This is actually a lot I wish I could buy, but I have to save my money to flee to Canada when the Führer comes after me.

I do love the fact that now LEGO is trying to hide the fact that the Elves / Friends sets are just a flat wall. The Elves in doesn't even should;d you what it looks like on the back. The box has pictures of it really zoomed in.

I picked up the Ghost Rider/Carnage set and the little Elves dragon set. Thanks for the heads up. Contemplating Doctor Strange.

no, jokerland

I know it was ymmv but I found this at quite a few targets around here on clearance.

Are Gamestop employees bringing down the prices for the Green Arrow Dimensions fig? Looking at recent eBay prices it would seem so, should I wait or bite?

Are Gamestop employees bringing down the prices for the Green Arrow Dimensions fig? Looking at recent eBay prices it would seem so, should I wait or bite?
I'd wait until Black Friday when they give them out, the price should be cheapest when even more people have them.

Anyone know what the allocation at GS will be for the Green Arrow figure? I have some credit and could get the Sonic level pack there.
Personally, I just hope they do it online,, I don't want to go to the store. I'm going to wait to get the releases this Friday, may try and get the TRU exclusive though.

I keep forgetting to mention this but I'm clearing out the house and selling all my childhood 80's space sets. It's listed here. I'd sell it to CAGer for the minimum and close the auction. I won't spam the thread with any more sales so PM me if interested. I just don't have the space anymore and am invested in continuing to collect the modular buildings.
So glad I didn't see this until now... those sets were some of my favorites as a kid. My wallet might have flown out of my pocket by itself.

So glad I didn't see this until now... those sets were some of my favorites as a kid. My wallet might have flown out of my pocket by itself.
I hope it went to somebody here, he's practically giving away those sets. The monorail alone would have sold for at least half of what he did with the lot.

Does it make it worse or better that I didn't even mention 4 other smaller sets I just threw in the box? Apparently I forgot 6824, 6836, and a couple of others. On the other hand, I think the monorail is actually missing the big glass windscreens so they may be a pain to find otherwise.

Hey GG, where did you see the Holiday Train was retiring soon?  I can't find the page on shop.lego.com and the train page doesn't mention it.

Hey GG, where did you see the Holiday Train was retiring soon? I can't find the page on shop.lego.com and the train page doesn't mention it.
Yeah it was the European site (they get the retired list first). I would;don't worry about it, but it's already OOS on Amazon and the other two Christmas sets are still listed as normal price.

I was just at the Lego store on Michigan Ave in Chicago. They probably had 20 of the train sets on the floor and I wouldn't be surprised if there were more in the back. I plan to get one on Black Friday with the snowglobe promo.

I was just at the Lego store on Michigan Ave in Chicago. They probably had 20 of the train sets on the floor and I wouldn't be surprised if there were more in the back. I plan to get one on Black Friday with the snowglobe promo.
You might be able to get it this weekend with double points. But no one has confirmed if the VIP early access weekend includes the snow globe.

Target already is using the prices. The MF is $120. The ferry is $20 and not $16, Duck Hunt is now $12 and not $9 (Really should have bought it) and several others.

Completely off topic but I finally got the Playboys from my grandma's attic, they range from 1966 to 1982 by the looks of it. So fair nothing really special, I swear there is a Bo Derek one in here somewhere. If anyone is interest in any of them send me a message.

Shockingly there is some really cool 60s art in a few of them. :)

sell em dude or trade them for lego... You would be surprised how much they are worth, especially if they have the folded out poster.

sell em dude or trade them for lego... You would be surprised how much they are worth, especially if they have the folded out poster.
They are in really sad shape, a third of them were just ripped to pieces but I did take out an awesome centerfold.

But on eBay they all seem to be <$5. But of course I'll try to sell them, or trade for LEGO. That works for me too.

And does anyone here have a Police Island Prison set? There was one for $49.60 on AWD and curious to anyone thoughts here. I have the 2014 City police station.

Soooo.. is there any idea of what deals Lego store will have Black Friday? Couldn't find anything in a quick search. Was planning on getting the modular bank for the ornament but my kids are begging for a couple of bigger Marvel (bridge battle) and Nexo (volcano lair or fortrex) sets and would get them there if they had a good deal. I think both of those have been close to half price but I'd settle for 30% if any stores were going to have them at that price.

The bridge has been like 46%-ish off. With Target Red Card, and if the 10% gift registry works, it should still be more then 30% off right now.

I think there's a $10 off $100 and a $15 gift card with $75 purchase at TRU, and the bridge is 20% off right now anyways. Add that to the TRU card, if you have it. Worse case, it's the bridge and a $15 gift card for $80+tax.

Actually, I don't know if either of those TRU deals are still valid.

I doubt LEGO Shop will have anything worth the wait, maybe 10-20% off if you are lucky. Target has the bridge 21% off, and the Nexo volcano base has been $96.

I doubt LEGO Shop will have anything worth the wait, maybe 10-20% off if you are lucky. Target has the bridge 21% off, and the Nexo volcano base has been $96.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to clear more stuff out if I get that Volcano. I'm gonna try and avoid it but it's currently sitting and number 2 on the list. I'll let this crowd know first if I have anything else I need to get rid of.

Lego Sith Infiltrator is $66.xx at TRU right now, I know it's been around this price before but it's on the retirement list for those interested, it also happens to be a TRU exclusive.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to clear more stuff out if I get that Volcano. I'm gonna try and avoid it but it's currently sitting and number 2 on the list. I'll let this crowd know first if I have anything else I need to get rid of.
AWD has had three, or maybe its the same one, listed from $77-$82.

https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Knights-Jestros-Volcano-Building/dp/B01CU9X1RW/ref=sr_1_29?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1479562955&sr=1-29&keywords=lego

bread's done
Back