LEGO Deals 3

I really not a NinjaGo fan but I love the Pirate sets, they are very well done. I still need to get the light house I wish I got a free months ago when it was $42ish.

I never got the Bat signal poly because the Lego store in Glendale said "we ran out in 2 days."  Of course, what that really means is "our employees stole and resold them by the case, whether directly or by proxy (family/friends)." 

I've even tried to call Lego to see if I could get one that way, but nope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got the Bat signal poly because the Lego store in Glendale said "we ran out in 2 days." Of course, what that really means is "our employees stole and resold them by the case, whether directly or by proxy (family/friends)."

I've even tried to call Lego to see if I could get one that way, but nope.
That's what I would do. Working there you probably aren't allowed to take one, so I'd give 2 every time I see a friend. :)

Does anyone have the Fortrex? I'm wondering if it's as cool as it looks. There was one for $65 at AWD the other day.

Double post for some actual TRU sales! 

Everyone pick their jaws up from the floor? Good. ;)

TRU.com has 20% off Friends and Nexo Knights. Maybe others but that's what I saw. However there is a $20 Nexo Smash thing with a cool black lava monster for $12 (Normally $20) and the rock monster with the queen set is $12 (Normally $25).

That's what I would do. Working there you probably aren't allowed to take one, so I'd give 2 every time I see a friend. :)

Does anyone have the Fortrex? I'm wondering if it's as cool as it looks. There was one for $65 at AWD the other day.
I do, I think it's a really great set.

Double post for some actual TRU sales!

Everyone pick their jaws up from the floor? Good. ;)

TRU.com has 20% off Friends and Nexo Knights. Maybe others but that's what I saw. However there is a $20 Nexo Smash thing with a cool black lava monster for $12 (Normally $20) and the rock monster with the queen set is $12 (Normally $25).
I'm a little confused. The sale is good, but isn't the MSRP of the queen set $20 and the MSRP of the Smash thing (it's 70313, right) $14.99? Or are these Bizarro World TRU prices?

I'm mainly asking because I want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing and not actually missing out on a decent TRU sale.

In for the Queen set.

I have the Fortrex, but haven't built it yet.

I'm a little confused. The sale is good, but isn't the MSRP of the queen set $20 and the MSRP of the Smash thing (it's 70313, right) $14.99? Or are these Bizarro World TRU prices?

I'm mainly asking because I want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing and not actually missing out on a decent TRU sale.

In for the Queen set.

I have the Fortrex, but haven't built it yet.
The prices I said are correct, which is what makes this a better sale. The queen set is correctly on sale for $20 at S@H, it's MSRP is $25 and the MSRP for the smash thing is $20.

Brickseek now seems to want to try going the "pay for premium content" subscription model route with some "premium tools" now available for paying customers as follows:

PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
$9.99Monthly
Be the first to know about new clearance at Walmart and Target with our premium daily emails and access to our exclusive Clearance Dashboard!
Price and Stock Change Alerts via email for 5 items at Walmart or Target (checked daily)

$29.99Monthly
Be the first to know about new clearance at Walmart and Target with our premium daily emails and access to our exclusive Clearance Dashboard!
Price and Stock Change Alerts via email for 20 items at Walmart or Target (checked TWICE daily)

NOPE!

BTW, it shows "442 deals hidden" under the "top sales and clearance" page which allows you to select either Target, Walmart, or both.  Searching specifically for "Lego" returns 18 short pages with no method to "show all" or increase return count per page, and only 5 deals hidden.  Yeeeeah I'll live without paying extra for this garbage, particularly when there are so many other sites that hook into the store APIs for inventory searches adequately enough (RIP fyndly though).

Oh dear, not only is charging $120-$360 :lol: for literally nothing but the redone website is horrible! You can't even easily find the numbers you need anymore. They were a good website, but I'm sure a quick Google search will find 10 more websites that do the same.

And speaking of 'costumers get fucked' news, LEGO not shockingly posted their biggest profit ever last year. Even as every store had 20-40% off of every item and theme. And I wonder why they consider Lepin so dangerous.

For the cost of a monthly Netflix subscription, that is surprisingly little service. I ought to be able to get as many notifications as I want for $10 per month. For $30 per month, I ought to get a customized list of clearance items for stores of my choosing.

No value there at those prices.

Maybe they should charge for making the site run at normal speed.

First Order Transporter is down to $26.98 at my Target.
Opps, I forgot to check my Target for LEGO. The easter poly bags are out, a shitty little police car and a Friends set that is useless. I want more Olafs.

But TRU delivered my Nexo sets today, that I ordered Monday night. That's super quick and.... it was correct! I think I see some horsemen coming. I should have bought another Queen set, I think it will be worth more because it's rarer overseas and last time I checked brick link the queen alone is $8.

LEGO 'DEAL' ALERT!

The stupid She-Hulk and Hulk set is already 20% on Amazon ($60 to $48). Probably only cost LEGO $1.03 to make.

Oh dear, not only is charging $120-$360 :lol: for literally nothing but the redone website is horrible! You can't even easily find the numbers you need anymore. They were a good website, but I'm sure a quick Google search will find 10 more websites that do the same.

And speaking of 'costumers get fucked' news, LEGO not shockingly posted their biggest profit ever last year. Even as every store had 20-40% off of every item and theme. And I wonder why they consider Lepin so dangerous.
I can tell you numbers were fudged. Almost all company owned stores performed poorly last year; with the exception of the flagship stores in NY, Chicago and Florida. The western market fell way below expectations; whereas the eastern market experienced substantial growth (new stores were opened throughout Europe).

LEGO needs Lepin as much as McDonald's needs Burger King... Wendy's... etc. If those guys can begin to manufacture real quality stuff... then the LEGO company should watch out. Especially, when people can buy cheaper pieces from them to complete current and retired sets.

I can tell you numbers were fudged. Almost all company owned stores performed poorly last year; with the exception of the flagship stores in NY, Chicago and Florida. The western market fell way below expectations; whereas the eastern market experienced substantial growth (new stores were opened throughout Europe).

LEGO needs Lepin as much as McDonald's needs Burger King... Wendy's... etc. If those guys can begin to manufacture real quality stuff... then the LEGO company should watch out. Especially, when people can buy cheaper pieces from them to complete current and retired sets.
Long time no see! How have you been?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Brickseek now seems to want to try going the "pay for premium content" subscription model route with some "premium tools" now available for paying customers as follows:
Early April Fool's joke? Who'd going to spend $120-$360 a year to save a few dollars here and there on sale/clearance items? That doesn't even make any fucking sense.

That's certainly one way to kill your website.

Went to my local Lego Store last night with the intention of buying several things, but decided only to buy one item I couldn't get anywhere else. Even with double VIP points, the pricing on most of the sets was much more competitive elsewhere. Even if you're not actively shopping for YMMV clearance items, you can find most of the sets cheaper at your local Walmart. I think that's part of the problem - clearance is much more frequent than it used to be, and TLG makes SO MANY sets now that shelf space turnover is high. Paying MSRP is no longer acceptable, but the Lego Store has very few sales and hardly does clearance. They give people little incentive to shop there, while their glut of product keeps a steady stream of sales and clearance going for other retailers.

The problem quite honestly seems to be that they make too many sets for their own good, and their pricing is so artificially high that frequent sales and clearance can legitimately steer purchasing decisions. Why buy a set you're on the fence about from the Lego Store when Walmart or Amazon will have it for 30% off in a few weeks?

^An ex of mine brought me to a LEGO Store to buy me a gift in 2015, he went to some $20 City set and I'm like 'Nah, it's cheaper at Target'. It was a tow truck that I got a few months later for $13. What I wanted instead were the $10 seasonal sets as they are exclusive. The new NinjaGo sets, one of the biggest themes, released two months ago, 20% off at Target and Amazon. Yet in July on clearance they will mark the sets up and stick them 15% off. It makes no sense. EVERY set last year was easily found for 20%+ off for the whole holiday season. But I have experienced the people who don't care, that they are so well off they will go to the LEGO Store and buy a full price item that's 40% off at Target. They just don't care.

The numbers are 'alt facts' versions of the truth. LEGO is a private company with no stock, they can do and say whatever they want. In 2015 they said that the top 5 most profitable sets were. They were Friends Hotel, and a Police Station. They didn't say which sets sold the most, just which made the most profit. So clearly they make a shit ton on the mark up of sets.

It seems like North American sales have decreased (From comments I've seen as I don't read propaganda.). I'm not shocked, look at the sales we have gotten. There were a few years in the last 10 when I couldn't find sets for full price in stores (Ninjago snake mech) and now we have sales 1-2 times a month on half the themes. Star Wars even gets sales. I never thought I would get a MF for almost half off, same with trains. It's why we have seen a very slight decrease in set prices from $150 to $120 in the city range, but still the sets are overpriced $10-$20, but it's better than $20-$60 overpriced like some city sets.

Early April Fool's joke? Who'd going to spend $120-$360 a year to save a few dollars here and there on sale/clearance items? That doesn't even make any fucking sense.

That's certainly one way to kill your website.
I think they think they can get the resellers and soccer moms with too much money, but if you took all the sets on clearance or sales last year that I bought, my savings wouldn't even equal $360. $30 a year is even too high.

First Order Transporter is down to $26.98 at my Target.
I saw that a Walmart had 4 of these a month ago on clearance via Brickseek, but never saw them in the store. Went by on Friday and they were finally out...boxes were dusty and a bit beaten up, so they must have been hidden away (maybe by accident, maybe not...I dunno). Shelf tag said $59, but after checking Brickseek right there, I got excited and scanned them - $20 each. Needless to say, I left with all 4. Might sell the figs and keep the parts...less than $0.03 a piece. Best find I've had since I came out of my dark ages last January...

That, coupled with a Republic Gunship (newer version) I found at a junk/antique shop for $42...it was missing about 200 parts and 3 minifigs, but I found those (and a new sticker sheet) on BrickLink for just under $50...so less than $100 for a complete set (minus box and instructions). Plus, it had an extra minifig - Saesee Tinn (rhe shop had the green starfighter set he came with for sale as well, but the minifig was in the Gunship, so I got it).

Anyone else see the knock off "blind bag" minifigures at TRU? They are called Warrior Figures or something and there are 12 to collect. The reason I say blind in quotes is because the back is clear so you can see what you're getting. They are selling them at $2.99.

I wanted the Super Dog and the NinjaGo minifigures, but no going to bother wasting my time at the store to save 80 cents.

And while TRU got my last order correct and shipped it really quickly, the two smallest sets (70310 and 70312) are smashed, like AWD give me an extra 20% off smashed. They were put into the box smashed, as the box and the other two sets are fine.

The onslaught of complaints over the Dr. Strange set (Target exclusive and I believe lego.com) really shook things up.

Tons of pissed off customers had a few things to say about being forced to visit other retail stores when they would have much rather just purchased with us.
Some people are saying that the stores aren't getting in Penguin's Car, that it's still a Target exclusive. I don't understand why LEGO would even bother doing this. Whom does it benefit? Other companies? If Target is complaining then tell them that TRU will gladly stock it instead. It's just silly. The best thing is though I got the Dr. Strange set for 20% at Target, something LEGO will never do.

We complain about minifigure pricing, three minidolls are $15.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Mini-doll-Campsite-set-853556

I wanted the Super Dog and the NinjaGo minifigures, but no going to bother wasting my time at the store to save 80 cents.

And while TRU got my last order correct and shipped it really quickly, the two smallest sets (70310 and 70312) are smashed, like AWD give me an extra 20% off smashed. They were put into the box smashed, as the box and the other two sets are fine.

Some people are saying that the stores aren't getting in Penguin's Car, that it's still a Target exclusive. I don't understand why LEGO would even bother doing this. Whom does it benefit? Other companies? If Target is complaining then tell them that TRU will gladly stock it instead. It's just silly. The best thing is though I got the Dr. Strange set for 20% at Target, something LEGO will never do.

We complain about minifigure pricing, three minidolls are $15.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Mini-doll-Campsite-set-853556
I'm not completely sure about the Penguin set, but I'll find out.

The main reason is to bring in foot traffic. These companies pay extra monies to have these sets exclusive to their store.

If I remember correctly, TRU always gets first dibs from the selection of "store exclusive" sets before Target, Walmart, etc..

I was lucky enough to have worked at the NYC Toy Fair a year or so back and boy did I get an education.

Some mom and pop stores would kill to be able to offer Technic and Architecture sets, but the company has some very strict rules regarding certain themes.

Anyone else see the knock off "blind bag" minifigures at TRU? They are called Warrior Figures or something and there are 12 to collect. The reason I say blind in quotes is because the back is clear so you can see what you're getting. They are selling them at $2.99.

I don't think those are minifigures, they're accessory sets, if it's what I think they are. They're actually *really* nice too, we have a few. They're great if you want more SciFi/Fantasy/etc. stuff for figures. Since you know what you're getting, it's REALLY nice. I might pick up another one or two this week actually. Can't find the plague doctor one ever though. :(

I don't think those are minifigures, they're accessory sets, if it's what I think they are. They're actually *really* nice too, we have a few. They're great if you want more SciFi/Fantasy/etc. stuff for figures. Since you know what you're getting, it's REALLY nice. I might pick up another one or two this week actually. Can't find the plague doctor one ever though. :(
I think you're right, that these are the Brick Warrior packs. I bought quite a few of them from 5 and Below a couple years back. They are really high quality. Toysrus.com has them on sale for 1.98 right now, not sure if that price carries into the store or not.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=brickwarriors&keywords=brickwarriors&origkw=brickwarriors&sr=1&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Also got an email from TRU that Lego Batman sets are 20% off..... but that's off the TRU tax so they only come out to a couple bucks off retail :p
But they also have minifigures 3 for $9 but that's in store only.
Prices are good through 3/18

Also got an email from TRU that Lego Batman sets are 20% off..... but that's off the TRU tax so they only come out to a couple bucks off retail :p
But they also have minifigures 3 for $9 but that's in store only.
Prices are good through 3/18
The Asylum is only $128. They were selling for $75-85 on eBay without the minifigures so that's a pretty good deal for resale value.

Speaking of TLBM sets, I was able to get the Freeze Attack/Riddle Racer combo pack for $20 from Wal-Mart clearance over the weekend. Brickseek was showing some stores had them for $5 and $10, but they were sold out. I'll try to go to TRU later this week to pick up some more CMFs. Wife started the collection with Fairy Batman and Commissioner Gordon.

I also placed an order on Wal-Mart for the Doc Ock mech set for $22 today.

That Walmart combo box is actually the Riddler's car set and the Joker Balloon set.  Still $45 at my store, but brickseek shows $11 for two nearby stores...OOS though.

I think it was just a wet dream of Retro.
Lol, My wet dreams don't involve legos.

In other news, target has some nice markdowns

Creator lakeside lodge 31048 is 37% off http://www.target.com/p/lego-creator-lakeside-lodge-31048/-/A-49120148

Lego City Airport Cargo Plane 60101 is 28% off at $17.99 http://www.target.com/p/lego-city-airport-cargo-plane-60101/-/A-50561715?lnk=rec|pdpipadh1|related_prods_vv|pdpipadh1|50561715|3

Lego City Fire Station 60110 is 34% off at $64.99 http://www.target.com/p/lego-city-fire-station-60110/-/A-49120280?lnk=rec|pdpipadh1|related_prods_vv|pdpipadh1|49120280|3

City Pizza Van is 20% off $15.99 http://www.target.com/p/lego-city-great-vehicles-pizza-van-60150/-/A-51244018

Lego Creator Proppler Plane 31047 is 35% off at $12.99 http://www.target.com/p/lego-creator-propeller-plane-31047/-/A-49119166?lnk=rec|pdpipadh2|viewed_bought|pdpipadh2|49119166|4

In general City and friend sets look like they are 20% off

bread's done
Back