LEGO Deals 3

The Batwing has been going in and out of stock for $45 on Amazon. I have always missed it. Not that it's all that special to me.

Some summer pictures have leaked, like the Powderpuff Girls. They were removed, but a friend sent me one of what I'd guess is a $60+ Junior Jurassic World 2 set. It's three figures, a tiny section of wall, a bigger section with a gate, a 4 piece car, three figures and the T-Rex. So not $60, probably $80. :lol:

The Batwing has been going in and out of stock for $45 on Amazon. I have always missed it. Not that it's all that special to me.
Some summer pictures have leaked, like the Powderpuff Girls. They were removed, but a friend sent me one of what I'd guess is a $60+ Junior Jurassic World 2 set. It's three figures, a tiny section of wall, a bigger section with a gate, a 4 piece car, three figures and the T-Rex. So not $60, probably $80. :lol:
I searched and found this site http://anjsbrickblog.blogspot.com/?m=1 has pics up.

^It's a Junior set. It will be even more off scale than a System set. The wheel base is one huge piece and is always four wide. It's a staple of Junior sets. There is a Batmobile that also four wide and about 5 pieces total.

That picture is much better than the little blurry instragram one my friend sent. However what is the OP there smoking, and can I have some?

Juniors, it will be affordable. The set will be most likely below $50
:shock:

I'm going with $60. It be a $30-40 set without the dinosaurs or license. I'm glad we are getting a "Jurassic World" printed piece though. LEGO seems very hot dog crazy, look at how many hot dog carts we have gotten in the last 12 months.

And if scroll down you will see the horrible Powderpuff Girl sets. I wish I didn't waste my money on the Dimensions sets. However I did end up getting two sets of them for the price of one thanks to Best Buy and target screw ups.

I always forget about the TRU 2 for $5 are any coming up? I want some more shark army figures. Also got some great ones and all the Fun at the Beach figures in a cheap eBay lot, but I dozed off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Junior sets haven't been over $35, I don't think, which is the Spider-man / Green Goblin one. I'm guessing it'll be ~$40-50, now that I've actually seen it.

As for PPG, those are ugly sets. Looks like the same giant heads as Dimensions. Will get Mojo Jojo just because, but I've never liked Princess so I'm avoiding the other set.

Well, Junior sets haven't been over $35, I don't think, which is the Spider-man / Green Goblin one. I'm guessing it'll be ~$40-50, now that I've actually seen it.

As for PPG, those are ugly sets. Looks like the same giant heads as Dimensions. Will get Mojo Jojo just because, but I've never liked Princess so I'm avoiding the other set.
Four years ago City sets were never over $100, three years ago they were never over $120, two years ago they were never over $150. ;)

I'm sticking with $60 just because dinosaurs aren't cheap. But the most expensive Junior set is a Cars 3 one.

10745: Florida 500 Final Race

I'm hoping for $50, I want a modern T-Rex. (I only have the Dino Attack one where the eyes light up.

Went jumping around a couple Walmart’s today and got

Aira’s Airship and Amulet Chase - $9
Detroit Steel Strike - $13
Milano vs the Abilisk - $21
Clayface Splat Attack - $15
Lakeside Lodge - $9
Ravager Attack - $9

I had most of those but just couldn’t pass up the good deals.
Also picked up a couple LBM series 2 minifigures and the DJ poly from TRU

I love the Clayface set, and it's on clearance everywhere--lots of $17 ones at Target stores right now. I got mine for $15 at WM back before the holidays.

I will have to keep an eye out for a $9 Lakeside Lodge!

So Harry Potter Universe is making a comeback. There is rumor of a $500(!) castle. My favorite comment is...

The $500 castle interests me because for that price you should get a fair number of figures with it.
Yes, I'm sure we will get 5-6 for that price. I mean look at the Falcon, for $800 you get so many.... oh yeah....

I got the larger Hogwarts castle on clearance at WM but wasn't really into HP at the time and ended up selling it locally, really regretted it once I started being into HP more and seeing how much it was going for. Glad that the line is coming back and I am sure I will get the new Hogwarts at some point which probably will blow the old one away and take the sting away of getting rid of the old one

Picked up the Diner yesterday

So Harry Potter Universe is making a comeback. There is rumor of a $500(!) castle. My favorite comment is...

Yes, I'm sure we will get 5-6 for that price. I mean look at the Falcon, for $800 you get so many.... oh yeah....
I'm hoping Lego isn't quite as cavalier at ripping people off with Harry Potter as they were with SW. At $500 I'd hope (and expect) effectively twice the complexity and content of The Disney Castle. We're halfway through Ninjago City, which has been phenomenal aside from the high number of decals but 800 more pieces for $50 less is reminding me why I can't stomach jumping into the UCS line or anything similar.

in other news, anyone have an opinion on whether Ron Howard can save the Han Solo movie and if not that the Solo legos clearance out early? I haven't tracked licensed products well enough to know if that's something Lego and retailers do.

I'm hoping Lego isn't quite as cavalier at ripping people off with Harry Potter as they were with SW. At $500 I'd hope (and expect) effectively twice the complexity and content of The Disney Castle. We're halfway through Ninjago City, which has been phenomenal aside from the high number of decals but 800 more pieces for $50 less is reminding me why I can't stomach jumping into the UCS line or anything similar.

in other news, anyone have an opinion on whether Ron Howard can save the Han Solo movie and if not that the Solo legos clearance out early? I haven't tracked licensed products well enough to know if that's something Lego and retailers do.
I hope (and expect) that LEGO would make a figure for every single character who ever step foot on the MF, they didn't. Only think you can expect from LEGO is for the set to be overpriced.

Supposedly Ron Howard hasn't done that many reshoots, so that begs the question why The LEGO Movie directors were fired in the first place. But I wouldn't think they would be clearance that quickly, I also don't see the movie bombing at all. The Lone Ranger bombed and even its sets made it to Christmas. Got some great deals on Amazon. People will want the 'new' blue and white Falcon and there are some space dogs and speeders. I think speeders are like the City helicopter, can never have enough.

Women of NASA is currently $21, 16% off at Amazon and Walmart. I got one off of AWD, looks to be a return for $15.xx and then nearly $7 in reward points, So $10 shipped.

Not going to spoil them in case anyone cares but man those Infinity War leaked sets look pretty underwhelming except for one.  And...another ($60?) door set.  Awesome.  Can't get for it to go to clearance within a few weeks of coming out like the rest.

Got insanely lucky, the past two weeks have been nuts and I didn’t have time to check Walmart clearance. Finally got some time and expected everything picked clean but a nearby store had the following half off:

Lego Friends Eliza’s Ice Castle
Minecraft Witch Hut
Minecraft Crafting Box 2.0
Hulk vs Red Hulk ( not a set I’d pay $60 for but the hot rod motif and $25 tag were perfect)
Lego City Jungle Exploration Adventure ( again nice setbut originally $120? No way)
GOTG Ayeshas Revenge
Thor battle for Asgard

I see too that Lego dipped for a third wave of Lego Batman Movie sets....anyone else feel this boat sailed? good movie but I expect them to be hung with stock if they didn’t produce this wave in smaller numbers.

I see too that Lego dipped for a third wave of Lego Batman Movie sets....anyone else feel this boat sailed? good movie but I expect them to be hung with stock if they didn’t produce this wave in smaller numbers.
I disagree, I think these years sets are better overall than the last few. The last few where boring vehicles, random security guards and red pipes. This year we have a decent priced space shuttle, a party scene, a really nicely done mech, and the buggy is fine for like $13 which it will be the normal price soon. Plus we have different bad guys than normal., Harvey Quinn's truck is the only set that reminds me of the older ones.

Has anyone seen a Target clearance price drop on Brickseek on a Thursday, only to find that the price hadn't dropped in store yet on that day?

Has anyone seen a Target clearance price drop on Brickseek on a Thursday, only to find that the price hadn't dropped in store yet on that day?
I haven't seen it, but I have seen where Target employees are marking the things down and the new price is in their pricing system but not in the cashier system. I didn't understand that.

GG's got it.  Brickseek is tied into a national system, but those prices have to be activated in each store by the employees for them to show up at the register.  

GG's got it. Brickseek is tied into a national system, but those prices have to be activated in each store by the employees for them to show up at the register.
Yep, I saw evidence of that today. Two seperate employees I've asked had previously told me that the prices were just immediately active at midnight on Thursday. That's not the case.

Anyway--I drove to a Target at 9am to check on something I wanted, it wasn't marked down yet (checked floor and hand scanner price), and I went home. Came back later and it had the new sticker and the lower price. SO, I got my Spidey Bridge for $50 (down from $70)... but I was really hoping for two. Someone got the 2nd one they had between my two visits. Ah, well. I'm thankful I got one. If they'd BOTH been gone this afternoon after that early visit I would have been the Saddest Boy. I'll try and modify the one kit to be a longer bridge with parts I have.

Also got that Bulldozer Bank Robbery City set for $25 elsewhere and a Friends set with a SIDECAR MOTORSCOOTER for $4, so pretty good day.

Passed on the Arrowhead SW ship for $45. Was tempted by that two-elements dragon set people liked for $40, but I had spent too much, anyway.

OH and the one Avengers Airport Battle I'd been watching slipped away from me before I could get it for $40 or less today. Alas.

LEGO is an out of touch, paranoid shit company that I think just want us all to buy Lepin.

Thy will not be showing the second half of the year sets at ANY toy fairs, and pictures, and even reporting the set, will be seriously restricted.

Then why the fuck would LEGO even bother? There are no more Nexo sets, NinjaGo is dragons, City is Arctic, Creator is the last in house theme, everything else is a license anyways and Disney blocks those pictures.

Does LEGO think people will wait around for the set to be released? What if fan needs to save money up for a set / theme? No too bad, no official pictures for you. This is  ridiculous.

Eh there will still be leaks no matter how hard they try to clamp down on them.

Found a Lena Luthor Kryptonite Factory for $17.99 at Target today

Unfortunately in my area the clearance rarely gets past 30% off before it's cleared out. Or I can drive 35 miles to an area where the clearance aisle looks like a bomb went off, boxes torn open, sets all over the store. Last time I was there a mouse ran over my foot.

Yeah it’s rare I my area for anything to make it past 30 or 50 percent. I assume I’m just lucky when I find something at 70 percent off.

In regards to LEGO leaks i did see leaked pics and descriptions for new sets over at the LEGO thread in the TFW2005 boards so they’re never going to be able to clamp down like they want to

I placed my first Wal-Mart store pickup order since the app updated to match the in-store clearance prices. I placed an order for the Detroit Steel set for $13 at a store that Brickseek showed had 5 in stock. The next day, I received an email saying that my ordered was delayed 3-5 days. I assumed it was going to get cancelled later on, but I wanted to see how it played out. 6 days later, I got another email saying my order was ready. When I picked it up, it was in a Walmart.com box. Usually, they just slap on a store pick up label on the item. Oddly, Brickseek still shows 5 in stock.

OH and the one Avengers Airport Battle I'd been watching slipped away from me before I could get it for $40 or less today. Alas.
:( what happened to those? I had been watching those for a while, and a few stores still had them in stock. Checked again, and they were all gone.

I like how everyone is talking about clearance that around here happened a year ago. I have been avoiding Target and Walmart as much as I can so did the sets go on clearance, then off and back on again?

The Star Destroyer is still $140 here though, even at Hartford Walmart.

For not bothering to update price tags and/or pretending that the stuff on the top shelf doesn't exist.

Slight road trip but worth it:
Star Destroyer $40
Heavy Assault AT-AT $35
Kylo Ren's Tie $19
BB-8 $25
Lightning Jet $15
Minecraft Crafting Box $15
Y-Wing $25

You people are terrible influences. Just so you know.

For not bothering to update price tags and/or pretending that the stuff on the top shelf doesn't exist.

Slight road trip but worth it:
Star Destroyer $40
Heavy Assault AT-AT $35
Kylo Ren's Tie $19
BB-8 $25
Lightning Jet $15
Minecraft Crafting Box $15
Y-Wing $25

You people are terrible influences. Just so you know.
That is a mighty fine haul. Don't feel bad about it!

He must live in an area that doesn’t get looted, the stores that claim to have stuff available are all stores that get their shit stolen.

He must live in an area that doesn’t get looted, the stores that claim to have stuff available are all stores that get their shit stolen.
The local stores get looted pretty often. A reseller wiped the shelves at the one with a decent amount of clearance when it went half off. Another store is notorious for having shit stolen. This was luck and a smaller out of the way store. I meant roadtrip when I typed it.

Kylo Ren's tie is still $64 at my store. They have like 15 of them. Been patiently waiting for it to come down.
I don't think that one was clearanced at too many stores. Might be waiting a while until the next round.

Not the haul psycho had but I got Harley Quinn to the Rescue for $8.98 and Minecraft Iron Golem for $7.48 at Target

Here’s the list of the 180 TRU stores closing. Closures start in early Feb and expected to run through April. None of the four locations in my area are on the list. A couple about 40 min away are closing so I’ll make the drive to those once the sales start

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/business/2018/01/24/mississippi-toys-r-us-stores-closing/1060936001/
I was just about to post a list.

I find it interesting that the one I worked at is staying open even with all the theft, yet a few Babies R Us I know of, that were supposedly incredibly profitable, are closing. Thankfully the one TRU I liked in Henrietta NY is staying open. They never accused me of stealing all the times I went there with a backpack.

Here's a list in case that link El Rey posted dies or something.
Alabama
2600 McFarland Blvd. East, Tuscaloosa AL

335 Summit Blvd., Birmingham AL

Arizona

801 W. 32nd Street, Yuma AZ

12801 North Tatum Blvd., Paradise Valley AZ

9139 Indian Bend Rd., Scottsdale AZ

4619 N. Oracle Rd., Tucson AZ

7000 E. Mayo Blvd., Scottsdale AZ

US 60 and Signal Butte Rd., Mesa AZ

Arkansas

2616 S. Shackleford Rd., Little Rock AR

California

42500 Jackson St., Indio CA

1189 Simi Town Ctr. Way, Simi Valley CA

26573 Carl Boyer Dr., Santa Clarita CA

960 Lakes Dr., Covina CA

1600 S. Azusa Ave., Puente Hills CA

2575 E. Imperial Highway, Brea CA

530 Westminster Mall, Westminster CA

20120 Hawthorne Blvd., Torrance CA

2550 Canyon Springs Pkwy S., Riverside CA

700 “A” Onstott Rd., Yuba City CA

2785 E. Bidwell St., Folsom CA

1330 Fitzgerald, Pinole CA

4505 Century Blvd., Pittsburg CA

600 Francisco Blvd., San Rafael CA

5461 Lone Tree Way, Brentwood CA

1400 Gateway Blvd., Fairfield CA

3938 Horton, Emeryville CA

2179 Monterey Hwy., E. San Jose CA

865 Blossom Hill Rd., San Jose / Almade CA

3520 W. Shaw Ave., Fresno CA

31250 Court House Dr., Union City CA

10640 Trinity Pkwy., Stockton CA

3900 Bristol Street, Santa Ana CA

3665 Grand Oaks, Corona CA

1240 W. Morena Blvd., Mission Bay CA

8181 Mira Mesa Blvd., Mira Mesa CA

1990 University Drive, Vista CA

Colorado

1150 S. Ironton, Aurora CO

Connecticut

376 North Universal Drive, North Haven CT

275 Union St., Waterbury CT

3491 Berlin Turnpike, Newington CT

169 Hale Road, Manchester CT

Florida

1625 Apalachee Pkwy., Tallahassee FL

1900 Tyrone Blvd., St. Petersburg FL

3908 West Hillsborough Avenue, Tampa FL

6001 Argyle Forest Blvd., Orange Park FL

Spring 708 West State Rd. 436, Altamonte FL

21697 State Road #7, Boca Raton FL

10732 SW Village Pkwy., Port St. Lucie FL

450 South SR 7, Royal Palm Beach FL

2601 W.Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee FL

6001 West Sample Road, Coral Springs FL

3214 N John Young Pkwy., Kissimmee FL

Georgia

2601 Dawson Rd., Albany GA

2955 Cobb Parkway, Smyrna GA

6380 No. Point Parkway, Alpharetta GA

1155 Mt. Vernon Hwy., Dunwoody GA

6875 Douglas Boulevard, Douglasville GA

8160 Mall Parkway, Conyers GA

221 Newnan Crossing Bypass, Newnan GA

132 Pavilion Parkway, Fayetteville GA

Indiana

3928 E 82nd Street, Indianapolis IN

8800 US 31 South, Greenwood IN

Iowa

1211 E. Army Post Rd., S. Des Moines IA

8801 University Ave., Des Moines IA

Illinois

1610 Deerfield Rd., Highland Park IL

16 East Golf Rd., Schaumburg IL

295 Center Drive, Vernon Hills IL

5001 Lincoln Highway, Matteson IL

6420 W. Fullerton, Bricktown IL

7750 South Cicero Avenue, Burbank IL

5660 Touhy Avenue, Niles IL

Kansas

4646 W. Kellogg, Wichita KS

8500 W 135th Street, Overland Park KS

Kentucky

4900 Shelbyville Rd., St. Mathews KY

1155 Buck Creek Rd., Simpsonville KY

1965 Star Shoot Parkway, Lexington KY

Louisiana

137 Northshore Blvd., Slidell LA

Maine

6 Bangor Mall Blvd., Bangor ME

200 Running Hill Road, Portland ME

Maryland

8401 Mike Shapiro Drive, Clinton MD

Massachusetts

302 Providence, Dedham MA

70 Worcester Providence Tpk/Rt. 146, Millbury MA

50 Holyoke Street, Holyoke MA

217 Hartford Ave., Bellingham MA

6110 Shops Way, Northborough MA

Shoppers World Plaza, 1 Worcester Road, Framingham MA

Michigan

5363 Harvey Street, Muskegon MI

2620 Crossing Circle, Traverse City MI

5900 W. Saginaw Highway, Lansing MI

4923 28th Street South East, Grand Rapids MI

3725 Carpenter Road, Ann Arbor MI

3725 Washtenaw, Ann Arbor MI

Minnesota

14100 Wayzata Blvd., Minnetonka MN

170 89th Ave., Blaine MN

8236 Tamarack Village, Woodbury MN

900 West 78th Street South, Richfield MN

Mississippi

1003 Bonita Lakes Circle, Meridian MS

200 Bass Pro Dr., Pearl MS

Missouri

1901 Bernadette, Columbia MO

201 Silver Springs Rd., Cape Girardeau MO

5590 St. Louis Mills Blvd., Bridgeton MO

220 THF Blvd., Chesterfield MO

Nebraska

3505 S. 140th Plaza, Omaha NE

Nevada

2150 North Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas NV

7020 Arroyo Crossing Parkway, Spring Valley NV

New Mexico

45 Hotel Circle, Albuquerque NM

North Carolina

801 Fairview Road, Asheville NC

7001 Fayetteville Road, Durham NC

3300 Westgate Drive, Durham NC

New Hampshire

29 Gusabel Avenue, Nashua NH

New Jersey

1280 Rt. 22 & St. James Ave., Phillipsburg NJ

137 Route 35, Eatontown NJ

100 Promenade Blvd., Bridgewater NJ

2700 Route 22 East., Union NJ

909 US Hwy 1 South., North Brunswick NJ

Rt. 541 & Cadillac Road, Burlington NJ

2135 Route 38, Cherry Hill NJ

7 Wayne Hills Mall, Wayne NJ

545 Route 17 South, Paramus NJ

98 Route 10 West., East Hanover NJ

Kids World 900 Center Drive, Elizabeth NJ

50 International Drive South, Mt. Olive NJ

New York

139-19 20th Ave., College Point NY

24-30 Union Square E, Union Square NY

5181 Sunrise Hwy., Sayville NY

5214 Sunrise Hwy., Massapequa NY

2335 Marketplace Drive, Henrietta NY

1569 Niagara Falls Blvd., Buffalo NY

401 Frank Sottile Boulevard, Kingston NY

708 Upper Glen St., Glens Falls NY

221 Wade Road Extension, Latham NY

2700 Central Park Ave., Yonkers NY

66 Metropolitan Ave., Middle Village NY

1350 Corporate Drive, Westbury NY

108 Veterans Memorial Highway, Commack NY

461 Lycoming Mall Cir, Williamsport NY

1530 Ridge Rd. West, Greece NY

Ohio

6251 Glenway Ave., Western Hills OH

2661 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd., Dayton OH

7841 Mentor Ave., Mentor OH

3610 West Dublin-Granville Rd., Dublin OH

Oklahoma

1119 SE 66th St., Oklahoma City OK

5609-E Rogers Ave., Fort Smith OK

560 Ed Noble Pkwy., Norman OK

Pennsylvania

1061 N. Dupont Highway, Dover PA

100 Welsh Road, Horsham PA

6680 Peach St., Erie PA

3700 William Penn Highway, Monroeville PA

104 Bartlett Ave., Exton PA

2003 Cheryl Dr., Ross Park Mall PA

301 Oakspring Road, Washington PA

18/Valley View Dr., Beaver Valley Route PA

Rhode Island

300 Quaker Lane, Warwick RI

South Carolina

254 Harbison Boulevard, Columbia SC

South Dakota

450 E. Disk Drive, Rapid City SD

Tennessee

7676 Polo Ground Blvd., Memphis TN

5731 Nolensville Rd., Nashville TN

Texas

801 Mesa Hills Dr., West El Paso TX

9730 Katy Freeway, Katy TX

170 E. Stacy Road, Allen TX

7730 N. MacArthur Blvd, Irving TX

420 E. Round Grove Rd., Lewisville TX

13710 Dallas Parkway, Dallas Galleria TX

1309 W. Pipeline Rd., Hurst TX

5800 Overton Ridge Blvd., Hulen TX

Utah

4042 Riverdale Rd., Ogden UT

1122 Fort Union Boulevard, Midvale UT

Virginia

14173 Crossing Place, Potomac Mills VA

12153 Jefferson Ave., Newport News VA

Washington

3567 N.W. Randall Way, Silverdale WA

1325A S.E. Everett Mall Parkway, Everett WA

6104 N. Division Street, Spokane WA

Wisconsin

18550 W. Bluemound Rd., Brookfield WI

2161 Zeier Road, Madison WI

I was just about to post a list.

I find it interesting that the one I worked at is staying open even with all the theft, yet a few Babies R Us I know of, that were supposedly incredibly profitable, are closing. Thankfully the one TRU I liked in Henrietta NY is staying open. They never accused me of stealing all the times I went there with a backpack.

Here's a list in case that link El Rey posted dies or something.
I was surprised by one near me too but now that I think about it, the one I thought would close is an older stand alone store, I think they may even own the store versus leasing like the one I thought would stay open.

LEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-18.jpg
Four of the Series 18 peeps. Love the balloon girl.

Who wants to ride a cowboy?

I found the same list in PDF format on the TRU corporate website. The one close to work is on the list. I was hoping that since it was also a BRU, that the TRU side would stay open. I doubt that's the case since it's listed as Side-by-Side.

Oh well, at least now I know why it was the last store to sell out of the Dr. Who set when it went on sale 2 years ago.

bread's done
Back