LEGO Deals 3

I haven't seen BB-8 or Kylo's Tie on clearance anywhere...matter of fact, they are going back up to MSRP in store now!
That store was the only one in a few hundred miles radius that had them on clearance. Really small out of the way place. But to prove I'm not entirely full of shit:
[attachment=29347:foto_no_exif.jpg]
And no, I didn't clear the place out. I still have some restraint. Some.

I wasn't calling BS on ya dude, just surprised.  I actually appreciate posts with unexpected clearance finds so I can check something I might normally pass over.

I have a store, literally up in the mountains, that does some crazy clearance also.  However, its so small that it doesn't carry much inventory and stuff sells fast if they ever really had it.

I was holding out for a BB-8 clearance since they don't seem to be selling well, but every store around me has them back to $100 from that xmas reduction of $80.

Thanks again for the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that. Tone can be hard to get in plain text.

I was randomly checking some items on brickseek and that one store popped up as having BB-8 on clearance. That store also claimed to have 8 AT-ATs, so I figured I'd make the trip since it would be unlikely for them to have none with that many in inventory. They actually had 8 AT-ATs. But everything was on the very top storage shelf over the regular Lego. Probably why they were still there. Kylo's TIE was up there, too. Did a quick check and score!

BB-8 is still on the planogram for most stores, so you'll probably have to wait until the next round of clearance.

Those should all be pretty easy to feel for, but the lazy side of me might just buy a set off someone if they're "cheap" like the last couple series.

Got lucky at my nearest Target yesterday:

2x Clayface for $8.70

2x Two-Face Dozer for $15

1x Tail-Gator for $17 (last one left!)

1x Baze buildable for $6

1x Chirrut buildable for $6

I have my eye on a couple Tail-Gator sets at a target near me but brickseek still shows them sitting at $35

Edit  - todays small clearance finds from Walmart - Batman, Batgirl, Beast Brickheadz $2.50 each, Batgirl Batjet $5

My store was supposed to have $9 Fun at the beach, $4 Minecraft set, $5 Jatcycle, $7 Ninja Tumblers and $10 Friends Party Store. None of them in sight. Then I realized that there were 4/8 of each. That's probably 1-2 full boxes lost in the back of the store. My friend is like 'Why don't you ask someone?', he's never worked retail and it's the worst Walmart on the planet.

I did find a $2.5 Brickheads Beast that they were supposed to have none of, and 20 Superdog polybags that I grabbed two of for $1.50 each and will go back once they go to 30 cents.

AWD just had a Saturn V for only $72. If someone here grabbed it before me I hope it's missing pieces! :p
That said my women of NASA set looked brand new, just a 1/2 crease in one corner that looks better than Target shipping has been.

May have a Ninjago figure set up for sale in the near future. We've got a decent amount of blindbags to open... but odds are only one extra set, I'll keep people posted.

May have a Ninjago figure set up for sale in the near future. We've got a decent amount of blindbags to open... but odds are only one extra set, I'll keep people posted.
I thought you weren't doing minifigures after the Batman mess. The first series goes for like 40% off on eBay, it's nuts.

We have some Jurassic World sets, only one in each theme. The Junior set is only $50, but it's because it's a $30 Junior set with a $20 dinosaur. We will also be getting more Brickheads sets. Maybe LEGO should make even more of those failures so they can complain when their sales drop more than 2.5% like they did in 2017. I'm hoping for a t-Rex Brickheads though.

The museum JW set is awesome and big, but LEGO makes so many sets now it feels like Joker's Mansion and all the rest like that.

https://brickset.com/article/33953/first-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-sets-revealed!#comments

I thought you weren't doing minifigures after the Batman mess. The first series goes for like 40% off on eBay, it's nuts.

We have some Jurassic World sets, only one in each theme. The Junior set is only $50, but it's because it's a $30 Junior set with a $20 dinosaur. We will also be getting more Brickheads sets. Maybe LEGO should make even more of those failures so they can complain when their sales drop more than 2.5% like they did in 2017. I'm hoping for a t-Rex Brickheads though.

The museum JW set is awesome and big, but LEGO makes so many sets now it feels like Joker's Mansion and all the rest like that.

https://brickset.com/article/33953/first-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-sets-revealed!#comments
Long story short, wife got a box of minifigures... again. As always my job ends up being dealing with extras...

Right now we have 0 Batman Series 2 so...

Long story short, wife got a box of minifigures... again. As always my job ends up being dealing with extras...

Right now we have 0 Batman Series 2 so...
What gets me is Batman Series 1 is $45 on eBay, I paid $76 for 19 of them (Didn't get joker).
NinjaGo is $45-50
Simpsons series 2 is $50.

But Series 16, which has 4 less minifigures than the newer series, has never gone before $50. It must be a bitch to sell them because you never know what is popular and what's not.

I didn't see any info in the link. Is there an official name and/or piece count?
Nothing official, my guess is it's a $150+ set. I have only seen a tiny screenshot a friend sent me. And LEGO has been a bitch about posting early pictures. But it's clearly the museum from the first teaser picture we got of the movie.

Nothing official, my guess is it's a $150+ set. I have only seen a tiny screenshot a friend sent me. And LEGO has been a bitch about posting early pictures. But it's clearly the museum from the first teaser picture we got of the movie.
Thanks, at $150 plus license costs I bet its stingy on the piece count and the detail will likely suffer some. We'll see what comes of it but my guess it will be a bit phoned in.

Thanks, at $150 plus license costs I bet its stingy on the piece count and the detail will likely suffer some. We'll see what comes of it but my guess it will be a bit phoned in.
It's actually decent and a little thicker than the horribly thin NinjaGo Movie temple set. It's a nice building, but it feels like it's been done several times before. Unlike the Avenger movie corner building set that feels similar to past designs but different enough.

I should have the picture saved. I can try to stick it up somewhere.

27044428_10159710130895447_335545994_n by Hi!, on Flickr

It might be only $130 looking at it again. Depends on how much the 'base' set cost. If it's $100, this will be $130, if it's $130 this will be $150. I don't see LEGO releasing two sets in the same theme at about the same price. (When there are only 5-6 System sets.)

That looks more like a Friend's building. It'd fit well with the riding school and hotel, lol.

Dinosaur riding school incoming!

That looks like shit.  As someone who bought all of the JW sets, none of the JW2 sets look worthy of my money at all.  LEGO just going through the motion and slapping the JW brand name on there.

LEGO just going through the motion and slapping the JW brand name on there.
I'm sorry, but what the fuck are you looking at?! JW sets were exactly the same as the old LEGO dino sets but in blue. I mean we got a T-Rex holder that was the same as the dino set before it and wasn't even close to anything in the movie. At least this museum is in the movie.

Thanks for posting that. Doesn't look terrible but looks more like a façade that probably has some very limited play elements behind it. The JW sets had lots of crazy dinos and those cool gyro balls but I haven't seen anything exlcusive and don't know enough to tell if those dino molds are new or not.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck are you looking at?! JW sets were exactly the same as the old LEGO dino sets but in blue. I mean we got a T-Rex holder that was the same as the dino set before it and wasn't even close to anything in the movie. At least this museum is in the movie.
I mean, I get why you like it. You like the Friend's sets more than most other sets. This looks to me like a Friend's set dollhouse with 2 dinosaurs.

But to the rest of us, it's 2 dinosaurs with a big wall to inflate price. The exact thing I think you usually hate when it comes to super hero sets.

I mean, I get why you like it. You like the Friend's sets more than most other sets. This looks to me like a Friend's set dollhouse with 2 dinosaurs.

But to the rest of us, it's 2 dinosaurs with a big wall to inflate price. The exact thing I think you usually hate when it comes to super hero sets.
What you just described is 99% of LEGO buildings that aren't modular. My problem isn't that no one else likes it, that's fine. My problem is just with what Corvin said, 'LEGO just going through the motion and slapping the JW brand name on there'. That's exactly what they did with the Jurassic World 1 sets, just take old dino sets and recolor the vehicles and skin tone the minifigures. We get a set that is actually based on the movie, isn't a vehicle and it's supposed just a slap of the JW name? That makes no sense at all.

I'm never buying the set unless it's super cheap, which it won't be, so I don't care. But don't go 'This is just LEGO using the name' when for once they actually do something based in the movie.

Chatted with a Walmart customer service person this morning. She said the anniversary bundle deal (10702 + sand baseplate for 5 bucks something) went live at midnight "and was only available for a few seconds until sold out." Will also be available for the first few seconds of the 7th and the 11th. :p

In regards to The JW sets, I got all of them on clearance at some point including the two biggest ones - indominus and T. rex, as well as that Walmart raptor set that was a bitch to find so I’m sure it’ll be the same case this time around again

Both the raptor and Indominus enclosures were in the flick. The raptor attack/truck/motorcycle was in the flick. The chopper and pteronadon's were in the flick, albeit not tied together. The gyrosphere should have come with a stego or triceratops not a dilophosaur, but a JW jeep isn't that unusual....again, all in the flick.

That leaves the T-Rex set which is kinda based on a previous set. So 1 out of 6 sets was not from the movie?

So while a "wall with two dinosaurs" may be original and/or in the movie, it certainly isn't interesting from a collecting standpoint or even playing with. It will be bought for the dinos and minifigs. So yeah, "wall with two dinosaurs" is uninspiring and going through the motions.

In regards to The JW sets, I got all of them on clearance at some point including the two biggest ones - indominus and T. rex, as well as that Walmart raptor set that was a bitch to find so I’m sure it’ll be the same case this time around again
Lego.com sold it as well, not just Wal-mart... so it wasn't that hard to find. lol

Yes I’m aware shop at home sold it too but it was still pretty popular and because it was the only way to get two of the raptors it was pretty popular. By the time i realized this and was looking for it shop at home was sold out and I also try to avoid buying online if I can find it in stores and not pay shipping. Once I went out looking for it the stores around me were sold out and it took some time and driving around to an out of the way Walmart to find the last one in my area

I'm done arguing over the stupidity of saying that two Jurassic World 2 sets just have the name slapped on some random sets when we didn't see the movie or the other 6 sets yet. Yet not thinking that Jurassic World 1 sets where just half the Dino sets in blue is silly.

More 2018 leaks.

The Avengers sets are rumored to be decently priced. The big building is supposedly only $100.
There is a Hulk Mech suit thing again and another overpriced wall, but also some space ships including an orange Milan.
The phone controlled 'Batmobile' looks nothing like a Batmobile.
The phone controlled new trains look fine, Cargo is dark green, the passenger trail in orange, and only has one engine, so we get two passenger cars.
Arctic doesn't look as great as last time.
The Hospital is bland, like normal, but not on a hill and a good size.
Nexo Knights finally get awesome Borg vampires and it gets canceled.
CMF Series are getting out of control. Batman 2 has 20, Party Series 18 has 17, and Harry Potter has 22. There is also a Unikitty series.
NinjaGo goes to Mad Max, clearly the designs are massive fans.
NinjaGo Movie docks is massive, very wide, probably 32x48. Not as neat as the City though. However the 'back' is the 'front'. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/Beqwvw_F_5s/?tagged=lego2018

Docks looks awesome, sitll need to get the Ninjago city too.

Chatted with a Walmart customer service person this morning. She said the anniversary bundle deal (10702 + sand baseplate for 5 bucks something) went live at midnight "and was only available for a few seconds until sold out." Will also be available for the first few seconds of the 7th and the 11th. :p
It was up on multiple deal sites, I kind of forgot about it though. I did get the other 60 anniversary set, seems to be sold out now.

More 2018 leaks.

The Avengers sets are rumored to be decently priced. The big building is supposedly only $100.
There is a Hulk Mech suit thing again and another overpriced wall, but also some space ships including an orange Milan.
The phone controlled 'Batmobile' looks nothing like a Batmobile.
The phone controlled new trains look fine, Cargo is dark green, the passenger trail in orange, and only has one engine, so we get two passenger cars.
Arctic doesn't look as great as last time.
The Hospital is bland, like normal, but not on a hill and a good size.
Nexo Knights finally get awesome Borg vampires and it gets canceled.
CMF Series are getting out of control. Batman 2 has 20, Party Series 18 has 17, and Harry Potter has 22. There is also a Unikitty series.
NinjaGo goes to Mad Max, clearly the designs are massive fans.
NinjaGo Movie docks is massive, very wide, probably 32x48. Not as neat as the City though. However the 'back' is the 'front'.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Beqwvw_F_5s/?tagged=lego2018
Wow, thanks again for the leaked pics. It's pretty unique being extra wide but looks incredibly mediocre next to Ninjago City. This one might go the way of the classic Batcave and live in discount for a while. Of all the other comments, is there a blog or something with leaked pics, are you friends with Lego moles?

Docks looks awesome, sitll need to get the Ninjago city too.
Ninjago City is the sum of it's parts since it really is a hodgepodge of buildings and architecture but at least it's a ton of detail and minibuilds for less than the price of the Disney Castle. The dock looks like such an underdeveloped set from (limited) picture that I'm surprised they plan to even sell the two together.

Of all the other comments, is there a blog or something with leaked pics, are you friends with Lego moles?
You go on Instagram and just type #legoleaks or #lego2018. If you are lucky you can see the pictures before LEGO bans them. Everything besides the Dock seems to have been removed.

Happily found some Constraction Biker Scouts/Speeder Bikes for $22 at a WM today. I bought two. I've been trying to find that set for cheap for so long now after hearing of occasional clearances here and there.

Also finally found some $2.50 Brickheadz on Friday. I got a couple of Hulks, a Black Widow, and three Batgirls (a couple probably go to friends). I just built a Hulk. It's kind of a cute little build! Totally worth the 2.50 :D

Does Walmart ever throw legos in the Backroom? Maybe if they are not planogram? My store shows a single $30 Ocean Monument; traditionally this stores counts are on and it’s a big set but mia.

Does Walmart ever throw legos in the Backroom? Maybe if they are not planogram? My store shows a single $30 Ocean Monument; traditionally this stores counts are on and it’s a big set but mia.
Yes, only one box seems odd, but it's big. However they could have sold it before you got there as the count is from midnight.

That set was originally $120? It looks like a pile of sand green.
I thought it was $90 but damn.

Nah it’s been on brickseek two weeks now, maybe a layaway that no one redeemed? Friend who managed at Walmart years ago said they had trailers of layaway product that went unclaimed.

The Lego 60th anniversary truck is available right now at walmart.com. The other two seem to have sold out rather quick, I had the opportunity to buy the windmill but snoozed on it, they seem to be limited to 5000.

The Lego 60th anniversary truck is available right now at walmart.com. The other two seem to have sold out rather quick, I had the opportunity to buy the windmill but snoozed on it, they seem to be limited to 5000.
45 pieces in a $20 box, woo-hoo!

LEGO somehow one ups their level of ridiculous bullshit every year.

Also there is a picture floating online of someone with a number of 5090. So limited to 5,000-ish.

bread's done
Back