LEGO Deals 3

Merry Christmas!

I opened the 'frustration free' Amazon LEGO box. It's literally just the shipping box that LEGO sent the set in. So it's even better because now you have the shipping box protecting the ELGO box. Great for reselling.

Merry Christmas!!!

What set was it? I got the Taj Mahal today. =) I was hoping for the Ninjago Docks or Carousel but this is just fine.

I wish they had an online stock checker. Calling stores is a PITA.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
They may have sold out, I think they started marking them down on Saturday. I went back to the Costco where I originally took the picture hoping to get a boat but they were OOS. They had a solo xwing that seemed to be a return. I'm still bumned out over the metroplex I missed out a few years ago, I didn't want to make the drive to get one though.

Merry Christmas!!!

What set was it? I got the Taj Mahal today. =) I was hoping for the Ninjago Docks or Carousel but this is just fine.
It was the $80 Saturn V rocket.
Also got a NinjaGo Movie set, the jellyfish flying thing, Jurassic Park set and the last three Mighty Micros I needed to finish the collection.

Double post. LEGO S@H is having a post Christmas sale. The website is all screwed up like normal, says free shipping with 55 Euro purchase. But everything else seems to have been fixed.

400 sets are being cleared out, but only 175 are still left in stock. 99.99999999% of them are 'normal' retail price (aka 20% off), but check to see if anything you want is retiring.

The Adventure Time Ideas set is $25, half off and the Disney Castle Interior Design set is also half off at $5.

Walmart started Lego clearance already.  

Picked up the SW Solo train thing for $54.  

Not listing anything as the prices were all over the place on random sets...just giving a heads up to check your stores sooner rather than later!

Walmart started Lego clearance already.

Picked up the SW Solo train thing for $54.

Not listing anything as the prices were all over the place on random sets...just giving a heads up to check your stores sooner rather than later!
Looks like Solo, Elves, Jurassic World and a few NinjaGo. From what I've seen on Brickseek.

Target started Lego clearance today too.

Some stores reorganized their book sections months ago to accommodate more toy displays.  This included Architecture sets, Technic sets, and Elves sets.  About half the Technic and Architecture sets went to 50% off while all the Elves sets did.

Then there are a bunch of random sets on clearance in the regular Lego aisle.

And a big shout out to the asshole who filled his cart with every clearance Architecture set in my store this morning...not that I would have bought them even at 50% off, but still, fuck you.  You were headed towards the Elves when I left and they were all gone by the afternoon when I came back.  Not sure if you got them too, but fuck you again, just in case.

Happy New Year!

Here's what I picked up at Target today:

Ninjago Garma Mecha Man : 41.98, but some stores (none around here) have it at 29.99

Ninjago Water Striker: 20.98 (for those who missed it when it was $20 at Amazon)

Ninjago Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon: 49.99

Super Heroes Batman Brother Eye Takedown : 20.98

Super Heroes Speed Force Freeze Pursuit: 20.98

Found but did not buy:
Super Heroes Justice League Anniversary: 20.98

Super Heroes Lex Luthor Mech Takedown w/Firestorm: $29

Kylo Ren Tie Fighters : $57

Rathtar Escape: something like $50

Justice League Ugly Big Ship Thing: $90

Crappy Aquaman set (the one with the Parademon): 6.98

Also found this on the shelf:

Super Heroes Ghost Rider Team Up (!) -- had to take it to guest services, who sold it to me for 11.98

I do want the Firestorm set, but they had enough of them at one Target that I feel comfortable waiting.  It's also been around $32, so not a great savings (yet).

Jazzed to finally have Lego Batwoman!

Don't forget to check Best Buy, they have sets 25-40% off still. Some are OOS like the Super Heroes Speed Force Freeze Pursuit but you might be able to price match. I'm having issues with the website though. Might just be m browser.

Your job is safe.  

I hate resellers.  Target clearance at my store sucks enough the last couple of years with the max discount only hitting 50% instead of 75% like it used too.  Also fewer sets available for clearance due to better inventory control and higher sales.  I don't need some douche bag buying everything before the rest of us even get a shot.  End rant.

The boy and I are going on an Overwatch Lego hunt this morning.  Most are below MSRP at Walmart.  Lots of stores showing IN STOCK...I know that doesn't mean they're  out yet, but some stores show LIMITED STOCK which means they  are likely selling them already. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do what I did when I was in NY, just shop from their carts. What will they do about it? Target doesn't care as long as they sell the sets. A bunch of asshole soccer 'moms' (they all have nannies and never see their children) who haven't worked a day in their life thought they owned Target on clearance day. I would just see what they had, it was mainly overpriced Chima back then. But boy did I fuck with them. :D

Found Overwatch sets out at Walmart at the cheaper prices.  Boy was happy to grab a couple.  They also had Lego Movie 2 sets out at cheaper than MSRP.  Both were in cardboard displays and not the usual Lego aisle.

Happy hunting.

So it's almost 2019, what was everyone's favorite theme/sets of 2018.
Well, having looked in to this, I haven't gotten any 2018 sets except a couple of Incredibles sets for the kids. Elves has been my favorite theme in recent years and there was definitely a slow down there, but I really like 41191, the sea turtle set, and 41194 the tower/fox set.

I usually like the Marvel ones, but between rehashes (Hilk Buster, Milano) to Infinity Gems spread out over the sets, it was very meh.

The Spider-Man sets are great though, although they're technically supposed to be 2019.

I was able to score Lego OverWatch set 75973 and The Lego Movie 2 set 70826 at target both below msrp total came to $60.01 by price matching their site. YMMV Happy Hunting

Can't think of all the options off the top of my head, but what's the easiest way to get OT Luke Skywalker? Is it the Landspeeder?

Yep, $115 at Walmart. I haven't built mine yet but the box looks stunning and the YouTube reviews are amazing.

my son and I are about halfway through it, very cool set
My polypartner/date/friend/? and I are building the fishing market, really simple build, no weird building techniques but yikes are the directions odd. It looks like everything is one plate off so it's very confusing to them as it's only their second set. They have expensive taste. But they are really slow so at one set of bags a day, once a week, we will be done March. :lol:

I think the boat will be the next set we do as I think it will look awesome next to the Fishing Market / Shop.

My Walmart already has the MetalBeard poly down to $2
I bought one the other day but it wasn't $2. I didn't see the Emmet one they're supposed to have. Need to go to Target and see what they have so far.

My Walmart clearance rummage, wish I could find a $40 First Order Star Destroyer.

How much was the Powderpuff sets normally? The $20 or $30 one? 

And how much was that Friends Camper in the top right? I bought that set in April 2015. :lol:

Check your Walmarts today.  Clearance prices dropped at about half the stores around here.  Kessel Run Falcon for $80 with a rare store or two at $30!  Other clearance sets dropping to close to 50% off.

Drove to the store with the $30 Falcons early this morning.  While parking, I saw the same guy who was buying all the Target clearance last week rolling out with a cart overfilled with Legos.  Of course, no Falcons to be had.  Just hope they were gone before he got there.

Good luck.

I don't know about any of these legitimately great deals some people are finding, but one store has the Elves turtle set for $13, which is good enough for me to go pick it up. Hoping some of those "check price in store" end up being better than expected.

Picked up the power girl set for $15, it was the $30 set, I think I got the trailer for $7.

FYI ackbar, you can check the price with walmart app in store, I went to 7 different stores to get all that. Some stores were a bust, I got most from one store though.

EDIT: These photos are from brickpicker, these guys are ruthless.

IMG_3369.jpg.398a46fe1f97e3b0e10f966110f27ecc.jpg

D89843F2-649A-40B8-8916-06D0DAD2B4DB.jpeg.a25efb3824e4e1c53c1be6a21c796fe3.jpeg

legoday2.thumb.jpg.90663895bd278979e692ec61b34e70a7.jpg

MVIMG_20190102_1538222.thumb.jpg.58dc1a94aad03c6f90479dea2c761bd9.jpg

20190107_163555.thumb.jpg.a69f82a7eb0e437a66ca65dc257f5904.jpg

2b13b174f46ff7fd6b0faff09194c040.jpeg

3d386468feb329a0525ce54a9cf0cea0.jpg

When did the new Walmart Clearance start? I went buy one in the middle of no where the other day and was asked if I needed to stop, I said no. It has a bunch of great stuff, I should have stopped.

Started last week and I guess went down even more today, Husher did mention it.

Just got an at-hauler for $49 and tangled carriage for $17.

Did see the one with the mammoth for $60 but still too expensive.

Started last week and I guess went down even more today, Husher did mention it.
Oh good, then it probably was only 30% off which is nothing. My closest Walmarts have NOTHING. One 20 miles from me has $80 Boost and one 15 miles the other way has the HP Hall for $50, so I'm debating which I want more. :lol:

Did another run, got Indominous Rex for $64, Imperial Transport for $35, Camper Van for $25, Friendship house for $30, Thors Quest was $7, Rhino Face off was $9 and a handful of other small sets.

No Harry Potter, Pirate Roller Coaster, Millenium Falcon or First Order Star Destroyer. =(

Shortest Walmart clearance ever.

Check last night and a Walmart near me had the HP Hall for $50, a few within 100 miles had. This store had 2. Today I checked as I'll be in the area and the price is back to $100. All of them in the area are.

Holy shit guys, I actually found some in store Lego clearance AND bought some. Picked up the Elves Turtle set (41191) for $13, Luke and Rey with a big rock (75200) for $19 and Modular Sweet Surprises (31077) for $17. They also had Metalbeard and Unikitty packs for $2 so picked up some of those. All and all probably my biggest Lego pickup in a day in a couple years. I passed on the Jurassic World big wall for $65. I was tempted, but the wall is ugly and the dinosaurs are ugly. Probably worth it for resale in the future, but whatever. They also had the purple dragon Elves set (41193) for $25 and lots of Star Wars (largely Solo) sets for 30% off.

bread's done
Back