LEGO Deals 3

I couldn't get my date to stop at Walmart, they hate Walmart so much. :lol:

I really need to pick up several of those Metalbeards as they are the best Movie 2 set out right now.

Target was a disaster, they are completely redoing the toy section in my store. Had the HP two pack Brickheadz with the gay Wizard for $14 an Yoda's space ship for $14 also.

Thanks for the heads up on the Wally World clearance. I stopped in this morning on my way to work and the associates were marking down all of the Lego clearance. I didn't get anything too exciting (Harry Potter was already gone at 25% off) but I grabbed some nice smaller sets for birthday parties this year. Lots of lego city and lego star wars. None of the big star wars sets 

1 down, 4 to go.  It was actually a present for my kids, but I'm loving it more.  Out of all the sets I've put together, it's probably my favorite so far.  Nostalgia probably has a lot to do with that.

xoPd797.jpg
Qaka57f.jpg

Yea, it's a pretty cool set. My only gripe is that the feet don't stay flat in Voltron form. You can see why in your second pic. So I have 5 lions on the shelf instead of Voltron.

I was able to pick up Luke's Landspeeder at Walmart for $9 and the Tatooine Battle Pack for $5. That should help fill out my MF display.

I was hoping to find the bounty Hunter pack too for $5, but none are near me.

I was able to pick up Luke's Landspeeder at Walmart for $9 and the Tatooine Battle Pack for $5. That should help fill out my MF display.

I was hoping to find the bounty Hunter pack too for $5, but none are near me.
Nice score! The Walmart I should have went to last Friday has the Tatooine one for $3. That and the Bountry Hunters one are the only ones I really want.

My mom just called to say they are literally putting the clearance out at the Target she is in. $17 for the Friends Pizza Shop, $23 for a Elves 'Glow in the dark' like green color castle, $8.50 for a Minecraft set.

Yes....
And completely crazy. :lol: My mom would call when I was living in NY. I told my ex and every time he would go 'It must be important, pick up!', every time I told him it was about some LEGO sale. It was.

She be more awesome if she used the correct pronouns with my poly-partner. :lol:

Also Target is no longer doing 15%, 30%, 50%, 70%. The Elves set was $28, 60% off, the Minecraft set was 58% off.

EDIT - I haven't watched any of the Marvel films since the first (boring AF) Avengers movie. Just finished Black Panther and now I really want the Rhino set with the Golden Jaguar now that it's no longer $12 and impossible to find. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Uni-kitty blind bags have hit a $1 at some Walmarts.

(Only posting this to see if GG rants cause I remember him saying how he already got most of them.)

Uni-kitty blind bags have hit a $1 at some Walmarts.

(Only posting this to see if GG rants cause I remember him saying how he already got most of them.)
I do have them all and about two dozen extras. However around me they are $2 which is the most I have spent on them anyways.

I haven't paid full price of minifigures since I bought 19 Batman 1 series for $76 at Target which you can buy the whole set for less than $50 now on eBay. Bay is really the way to go.

But to not let you down...
fucking Walmart! fuck! fuck! fuck!!!! Grrrr..... fucking fucker fucks!

I haven't seen them, but the only places that seem to get more than a box of minifigures is Walmart and I can't remember the last time I was in one. Because to be fair 'fucking Walmart' could be said at almost any time.

I think LEGO made a mistake by not doing 16 characters in the bag, and also because you couldn't tell which is which is which no adult who only wants 1-2 will but 30 of them hoping to get the two they want.

I'll go to Walmart when they hit $1 as long as it's not snowing, I bike everywhere.

Living the dream! I would love to do that, but not ready to spend the big bucks for it lol.

Btw, anyone have any extra HP minifigs? I am missing a few from the series.
I saw on Reddit lego deals that a Wegmans had HP minifig blind bags on clearance for 50 cents! I'm sure it was very YMMV but I didn't see any at my Wegmans

I have never even heard of Wegmans so I'll ignore this chatter and give another Walmart clearance update. If I thought I splurged last week I really went for it this week:
Emma's deluxe bedroom 41342 $5
Jungle Starter Set 60157 $5
MM Batman vs Harley 76092 $5
Jedi & Clone Trooper pack 75206 $7
Thor's Weapon Quest 76102 $7
Nadia & the Water Turtle 41191 $7
Rhino Face-off by the Mine 76099 $9
Han's Landspeeder 75209 $13
Ariel and the Magical Spell 41145 $13
Stephanie's Lakeside Home 10763 $15
Air & Song of the Wind Dragon 41193 $17
City Central Airport 10764 $21
Arctic Mobile Exploration Base 60195 $60
The Juniors set are going to be great gifts for my daughter who is turning 4 soon so we are going full on with the Lego Juniors. She loved her Incredibles sets for Christmas. I picked up another Elves turtle set because you can't have too many turtles, and that was probably the one of these sets they had the most of. They had the other Micro Minis from that series for $5 as well, and the were a few Ninjago and Disney Princess sets I passed on as well, mostly $10-20 sets for $5-7 I think. Great deals. As I said last week, more Legos than I've bought in a couple of years.

I couldn't do the Artic exploration set, it's not worth the $60 for a wooly mammoth. The piece counts don't add up the cost of the set.

If anyone is in the NY area on Wednesday the 23rd you'll want to pass by the LEGO store at Flatiron. There's an Overwatch event being hosted at the store with a Ganymede build giveaway, posters, set signing by a voice actor and other surprises. Plus, you'll be able to meet a special guest from the Blizzard/Activision team. The event is from 2pm-5pm.

This will definitely be fun!

Anyone figure out the most cost effective way to get the Chinese New Year sets? And Australia is getting them but not the US or Europe?

Anyone figure out the most cost effective way to get the Chinese New Year sets? And Australia is getting them but not the US or Europe?
I was hoping play Asia would get them, last time I checked they haven’t. What’s the cheapest you’ve seen?

Where’s bigdaddy on this? He seems to stalk the other websites, I get most of my news from here.

I was hoping play Asia would get them, last time I checked they haven’t. What’s the cheapest you’ve seen?

Where’s bigdaddy on this? He seems to stalk the other websites, I get most of my news from here.
The only reasonable prices seem to be the knock offs on eBay. Dragon Dance (80102) is already around $90 msrp and eBay prices seem to be holding around $140-150. Both sets are selling for $300ish. Even the sets that are closer to $100-120 have $60 shipping.

And it sounds like quantities are limited, so I’m debating dropping the $140 or just living without the set. It’s just stupid that LEGO won’t even carry it at their stores as a US exclusive. Australia might be a cheaper alternative but the resellers seem to have capitalized on this no matter where you look.

Where’s bigdaddy on this?
Missed you too. :wave:

Like etcrane said, the MSRP is around $100 and the cheapest I have seen is $150 on eBay. The dancing dragon one sucks, I saw a video of how blocky the dragon moves. I'll try to find it.

I'd just buy a knockoff once I see one, let's be honest all we want are the printed food and the minifigures. I'm hoping they make it to Bricks and Pieces next month.

Found the Porsche 911 for $209.96 at my local Target. Must have been an online return. A bit torn on it. It’s a good price but it doesn’t have much for Technic functions.

Found the new Wildstyle poly for $2 at a weird Walmart that had Millennium Falcon on “clearance” for $150, more than at normal Walmart price. According to app, Falcon dropped to $43 at couple stores where it hasn’t been in stock since clearance started.

I recently got back into Lego after 25+ years away. I've bought most of the sets I want from the past couple of years, but it's frustrating how expensive sets get once they're retired. I know this is nothing new since I remember this happening even as a child decades ago. Anyway, my question is whether BrickLink is the best place to buy complete older sets or if I'm missing other options. eBay prices seem a lot higher on average and I'm not aware of any local places (I'm in NYC). Thanks for any input.

Found the new Wildstyle poly for $2
Her name is Lucy in this movie. Walmart has been weird with the poly clearance. I missed the $2 Metalbeards, but Walmart 'clearance' for full price is not new at all.

I recently got back into Lego after 25+ years away. I've bought most of the sets I want from the past couple of years, but it's frustrating how expensive sets get once they're retired. I know this is nothing new since I remember this happening even as a child decades ago. Anyway, my question is whether BrickLink is the best place to buy complete older sets or if I'm missing other options. eBay prices seem a lot higher on average and I'm not aware of any local places (I'm in NYC). Thanks for any input.

Not really. Unless you get lucky with auctions on eBay you are shit out of luck when sets retire. 25 years ago you had three years to buy sets most of the time. There are sets now-a-days that are retired within three weeks (First Ant Man set), three days (Cuusso Mars Rover) or even three hours (Cuussoo Science Women). No set less than $150 will make it to the three year mark today.

What themes are you into? China and Nexo Knights will rarely increase in price. NinjaGo is really nutty with prices and City and Star Wars is a rip off when the sets are new too, so secondary market is even worse. Friends is probably cheapest on Brinklink and much more expensive on eBay.

LEGO News...

LEGO is releasing a big Movie 2 microscope spaceship NERF gun thing in May-June for ~$150. If you don't love it then the LEGO cult members yell at you to stay calm and agree with them. It's really nothing special and I don't know who the target market is supposed to be.

Also Bricks and Pieces is reopen, the prices are better so you might want to buy stuff before they increase. But they also have some of the food and torso prints from the Asian only sets. No printed bowls but it saves a lot of trouble for some of the food. My favorite is the red printed dress piece is $2.22 for some reason.

Not really. Unless you get lucky with auctions on eBay you are shit out of luck when sets retire. 25 years ago you had three years to buy sets most of the time. There are sets now-a-days that are retired within three weeks (First Ant Man set), three days (Cuusso Mars Rover) or even three hours (Cuussoo Science Women). No set less than $150 will make it to the three year mark today.

What themes are you into?
Thanks, that's what I figured. I'm mainly interested in licenses related to franchises from when I was growing up (Indiana Jones, TMNT, Simpsons, Scooby Doo, Ghostbusters, Spongebob) as well as a few more recent ones like LOTR / Hobbit / Super Heroes / POTC. As far as original themes I am most interested in Monster Fighters and the various Agents lines. Growing up my favorite themes were Castle and Pirates and I still have most of those sets (even though the Castle ones are super repetitive... just castle after castle).

I almost always prefer buildings to vehicles, especially if the buildings are complete and not just facades. I managed to pick up all of the modular sets for decent prices, other than Town Hall, Cafe Corner, and Fire Brigade. The modulars are what got me back into Lego after all this time. I couldn't believe the level of detail and ended up going back down the rabbit hole.

I think the top sets I would want to get would be the two Simpsons buildings and the little Doctor Who set. I remember seeing them at the Flatiron Lego store a couple years back but I didn't quite grasp the whole "when they're gone they're gone" concept yet.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I'm mainly interested in licenses related to franchises from when I was growing up (Indiana Jones, TMNT, Simpsons, Scooby Doo, Ghostbusters, Spongebob) as well as a few more recent ones like LOTR / Hobbit / Super Heroes / POTC. As far as original themes I am most interested in Monster Fighters and the various Agents lines. Growing up my favorite themes were Castle and Pirates and I still have most of those sets (even though the Castle ones are super repetitive... just castle after castle).

I almost always prefer buildings to vehicles, especially if the buildings are complete and not just facades. I managed to pick up all of the modular sets for decent prices, other than Town Hall, Cafe Corner, and Fire Brigade. The modulars are what got me back into Lego after all this time. I couldn't believe the level of detail and ended up going back down the rabbit hole.
You got the Green Grocery for cheap-ish?!

Some good news, Ghostbusters 3 comes out next year and that's a split license meaning LEGO still might be able to make sets. Also I think the HQ isn't retired yet (but will be soon) so you can get it for MSRP. We will probably get Indiana Jones ones when the new movie comes out as Disney and LEGO get along great. Simpsons, Scoopy Doo and TMNT were all bad sellers and shouldn't be incredibly overpriced. LotR might make a come back when Amazon releases it's new show.

But just keep an eye out on eBay and for a 15-20% off coupon they randomly do from time to time. Doctor Who was 50% off before it was retired so there might be a stockpile of them. I think my sister even has an extra because of miscommunication.

Speaking of rabbit hole... there are always the knockoff sets of the modular buildings if you want to fill in the holes in your collection. I'm thinking of going that way and selling my actual LEGO modulars because shit is too expensive.

You got the Green Grocery for cheap-ish?!

Some good news, Ghostbusters 3 comes out next year and that's a split license meaning LEGO still might be able to make sets. Also I think the HQ isn't retired yet (but will be soon) so you can get it for MSRP. We will probably get Indiana Jones ones when the new movie comes out as Disney and LEGO get along great. Simpsons, Scoopy Doo and TMNT were all bad sellers and shouldn't be incredibly overpriced. LotR might make a come back when Amazon releases it's new show.

But just keep an eye out on eBay and for a 15-20% off coupon they randomly do from time to time. Doctor Who was 50% off before it was retired so there might be a stockpile of them. I think my sister even has an extra because of miscommunication.

Speaking of rabbit hole... there are always the knockoff sets of the modular buildings if you want to fill in the holes in your collection. I'm thinking of going that way and selling my actual LEGO modulars because shit is too expensive.
Re: Green Grocer, I randomly got it years before I even got back into Lego. I must have seen it on some blog and thought "wow this looks cool" and ordered it. I just searched my email and found the toysrus.com order confirmation email from 2010. Looks like I paid $107.99 and it came with something called "Lego Bricktober 1989 Minifigure Gift." Anyway, I still have the Green Grocer sealed as I never got around to opening it and actually forgot that I had it until my recent Lego renaissance. Now I can't really even justify opening it because I keep thinking I could trade it for multiple other sets.

I got the Ghostbusters HQ earlier this year new for around $240. I don't remember how or where exactly.

I got the Grand Emporium used as part of a big eBay lot about a year ago. The lot was about $300 but included about 15 other complete or mostly complete sets and about 80 minifigures so I thought that was a really good deal. The Grand Emporium was only missing 3-4 pieces and they were all common ones that I was able to replace easily.

I got Big Ben new through Amazon Warehouse for $121 last year. I thought that was a great deal but man was that one boring to build. After that I know to examine every set online to see which ones have lots of repetitive / symmetric sections, because I know that personally I don't enjoy that grind anymore. This is the reason I am not bothering with the Ferris Wheel.

Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate the insight. I'm going to go stare at eBay and BrickLink for a while.

I just saw one for $123. So if eBay has a 15% coupon that be $105ish and that's barely any markup. 

But yeah the prices are shit, but they are shit in China and not from markups. 

EDIT - illennium, There was a Simpson's House that sold for $105 last night. It was so cheap even I bid like $75. So those sold so poorly that you can find one without box for pretty good price. I want it just for the bricks.

I also remember the green grocer for $108, Corner Cafe was also on sale at that time for $95, and the Fire station was $120. I was trying to cut back on LEGO back then. It's what make me go 'fuck it' and just buy whatever and if I don't want it later I can sell them.

Got a U wing microfighter for $2 and Elastigirl rooftop pursuit for $9 at Target on clearance.

Pretty much slowly out of the LEGO game and will be selling off collection within the year but keeping certain sets and figures that hold a special place for me, otherwise none of the new stuff, other than the rumored Disney series 2 minifigures, interest me

Yesterday at Walmart closest to my work the whole LEGO aisle/section is behind locked plexiglass now

I picked up a couple more Black Panther rhinos for $5 each at Walmart. Also picked up 6 Unikitty packs for $1 each. After Christmas Walmart clearance has been better in this area than it has been in 4 or 5 years I'd say.

if anyone is looking for the Voltron set, merchandise outlet has 2 in stock with a beat up box for $124.99. Use code "FREEZE20" for extra 20% off. Please buy this set so I am no longer tempted to pick it up.

There are pictures on the site that include the bags so I will assume the box has been opened. I have ordered from this site before, but not legos. They ship fast. I have not had to return anything from them so I don't know how well they handle those. 

http://merchandiseoutlet.com/lego-voltron-defender-of-the-universe-21311/

if anyone is looking for the Voltron set, merchandise outlet has 2 in stock with a beat up box for $124.99. Use code "FREEZE20" for extra 20% off. Please buy this set so I am no longer tempted to pick it up.

There are pictures on the site that include the bags so I will assume the box has been opened. I have ordered from this site before, but not legos. They ship fast. I have not had to return anything from them so I don't know how well they handle those.

http://merchandiseoutlet.com/lego-voltron-defender-of-the-universe-21311/
I don't keep the boxes so this was too good of a deal to pass up. Sounds like all of the bags and pieces are there but fingers crossed anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

This past weekend Amazon had the Brick Bank in stock for $170. I really wanted to buy one but that's not in my budget. Then this morning I figured out my tax refund and I could have bought it. 

So this is a lesson to always buy the expensive LEGO set that's had a $100 price increase in just the last month.

bread's done
Back