LEGO Deals 3

I'm a 'friend' of Big Daddy who just wants to say Merry Christmas. He had a blast here for 15 years before being banned without any notice for life and without any of the 'mods' around here warning him over a silly joke. Everyone take care!
'friend' - got it ;)

Only Walmart clearance I found was At-st for $25 (2 out of 3 stores I stopped at). Only $5 better than pre Black Friday sale but it was more than I was expecting to find.

Just popped out is sams club, they had their $40 assortment for $25. 3 in 1 shuttle, tie fighter, and friends vet set.

I took three tie fighters, some opportunistic individual took the rest of them at least 5-6.

My preorder for Vidiyo series 2 case was canceled by Entertainment Earth because “manufacturer notified them that the product was discontinued.” Not going to suggest they’ll be valuable, but they’ll certainly be rare. Walmarts around me each got a case of 24 and that was it. They were never sold on Lego.com (went straight from coming soon to sold out).

My preorder for Vidiyo series 2 case was canceled by Entertainment Earth because “manufacturer notified them that the product was discontinued.” Not going to suggest they’ll be valuable, but they’ll certainly be rare. Walmarts around me each got a case of 24 and that was it. They were never sold on Lego (went straight from coming soon to sold out).
LEGO S@H had a limit of 8, they were only sold for 2-3 hours in November.

You can sign up for Walmart+ for 90 day free trial.
Then just place multiple orders of 2 (Max)

BigDaddy has gotten six so fair. He's still looking for the cheerleader and the shark from series 1. :whistle2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, the LEGO sonic set was announced today … gotta say, I have mixed feelings about it. As a Genesis kid, I appreciate the call back to the original Green Hill Zone, but it’s out of scale to the minifigure and Robotnik looks pretty bad. Maybe I need to see it in person but I don’t think it will be a day one, must have for me.

It looks like the same Lego Sonic I have from Dimensions. I don't really care about Sonic enough to bother, especially since it's not really playable.

Sooo … getting close to some pretty big launches on the 1st … what’s everyone planning on picking up?

Thought about going into the store but with all the pandemic stuff, I think I’ll be ordering online. Wish they’d clarify if there will be a 15th anniversary GWP for the modular … heard some rumors it will come out after the release date, which is annoying.

The Chinese New Year ice rink also looks pretty tempting.

I haven’t seen a January calendar leak but I’ll probably wait unless there’s a decent GWP. I like the hotel, space, Monkie Kid and Ninjago combo mech but have plenty I already own that I need to build.

Happy Early New Years to you all!

What sets are you guys eying for tomorrow, other than the new Modular there's nothing really spectacular.

I'm probably going to get the High-Speed Train x2, Sunflowers, Lunar New Years Ice Festival & Sonic the Hedgehog.  The high speed train doesn't look it be powered-up, interesting to see how you can mod it. The Friends Tree House looks cool, didn't they already have one? Also, the Lunar research base looks good but a tad small, especially for the price, 786 pieces for $120.... WTF! Is space force getting a piece of that.

Happy New Year!

Grabbed the boutique hotel, will keep it sealed if I need to track down a GWP in a few weeks.

I don’t think the ice rink set comes out until next weekend but that definitely caught my eye too. Might wait and see if Walmart picks it up because they had last year’s set on sale a couple times at a fair discount.

Happy Early New Years to you all!

What sets are you guys eying for tomorrow, other than the new Modular there's nothing really spectacular.

I'm probably going to get the High-Speed Train x2, Sunflowers, Lunar New Years Ice Festival & Sonic the Hedgehog. The high speed train doesn't look it be powered-up, interesting to see how you can mod it. The Friends Tree House looks cool, didn't they already have one? Also, the Lunar research base looks good but a tad small, especially for the price, 786 pieces for $120.... WTF! Is space force getting a piece of that.
Well none of the sets you listed besides Sonic and he so called 'modular' are out yet.
Friends has about 20 treehouses. Treehouses are to Friends as police stations are to City.
There is no way to power up the Creator train unless you redo the wheels.
Never try to figure out LEGO City pricing, more so Space. In 2011 3368 cost $70 for 500 pieces, that be $80 in 2020 or $87 now. 60080 cost $120 for less than 600 pieces. Then 60228 cost $100 for over 800 pieces. The 400 piece City school with no roof is $70. The Friends one has hundreds more pieces and $10 cheaper.

Happy New Year!

Grabbed the boutique hotel, will keep it sealed if I need to track down a GWP in a few weeks.

I don’t think the ice rink set comes out until next weekend but that definitely caught my eye too. Might wait and see if Walmart picks it up because they had last year’s set on sale a couple times at a fair discount.
The GWP for that is supposed to be a very fancy hotel key. Not even like an old fashion key, but a new credit card company key.

Any idea what happened with the Sunflower set? Looks like it was delayed for some reason.
Real reason - LEGO is a cheap company that can't figure out what the fuck they are doing on such a large scale.
LEGO's reason - Global shipping issues caused by OMICRON!

Ok … so this is going to sound stupid … but is it just me or are the designs for 2022 looking way more like they were built by a kid for City and Ninjago? It’s like they went from these elaborate, detailed designs to a bunch of throwback stuff that looks almost retro. Doesn’t visually appeal to me at all.

In other news, I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and buy more Egypt, Indiana Jones and a bunch of other early/mid 2000s sets. I joked about Hobbit sets in another thread before I even looked up current prices … Jesus Christ! 😒

Not crazy. LEGO is embracing the younger age range of the themes. The Dojo is 8+, the Power Ranger mech is 9+ but the other NinjaGo sets are 5 or 6+. Almost all of City is 5 or 6+. Most people buying City are for boys 4-6. But don't worry, Friends is looking good. :)

Ok … so this is going to sound stupid … but is it just me or are the designs for 2022 looking way more like they were built by a kid for City and Ninjago? It’s like they went from these elaborate, detailed designs to a bunch of throwback stuff that looks almost retro. Doesn’t visually appeal to me at all.

In other news, I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and buy more Egypt, Indiana Jones and a bunch of other early/mid 2000s sets. I joked about Hobbit sets in another thread before I even looked up current prices … Jesus Christ! 😒
I wish I got lotr and hobbit sets, what I do have are a bunch of those pharaohs quest sets.

Yea, I've said before that I'm lucky I don't care for Star Wars. I have the complete set of LotR+Hobbit, but that's pretty much because they only lasted a few years.

Unlike Harry Potter, which has like 4 knight buses or something now. I skipped the most recent one.

Also, wow, a single Lego Ringwraith is as much as what I paid for a whole Weathertop set from Toys R Us. I got 4 sets and sold off 2 sets without them.

Yea, I've said before that I'm lucky I don't care for Star Wars. I have the complete set of LotR+Hobbit, but that's pretty much because they only lasted a few years.

Unlike Harry Potter, which has like 4 knight buses or something now. I skipped the most recent one.

Also, wow, a single Lego Ringwraith is as much as what I paid for a whole Weathertop set from Toys R Us. I got 4 sets and sold off 2 sets without them.
Thank TikTok, instagram… I guess any form of social media, everybody wants to collect.

There is a rumour that Indiana Jones will be returning this year. Kind of like it did the last time with sets on precious movies and then sets for the new movie for next year. I have a theory that the sets will only be Brickheads. :lol:

So I got the Seinfeld set for my birthday a couple weeks ago and built it the other night.  I had Big Bang Theory unopened so I built that too.  So some thoughts and how I'd rank the TV show sets so far:

1. Central Perk - easily the coolest set.  Feels like a Master Builder designed set with lots of little things that make it special.

2. Seinfeld - An okay set.  I never realized how boring and white Jerry's apartment was.  Pretty boring build too.

3. Big Bang Theory - compared to Central Perk and Seinfeld, it kinda feels like half of a set.  You're basically buying it for the minifigs. 

So thus far, assuming one is a fan of all three shows, I'd honestly only recommend Central Perk for sure.  I need to get the Friends apartment set next.  It seems like it has a bunch of cool easter eggs like the Central Perk set.

I think some of you missed out but if you haven’t heard, the LEGO coins and case will be available tomorrow around 9 Eastern. Only available if you haven’t redeemed prior to before.

I think some of you missed out but if you haven’t heard, the LEGO coins and case will be available tomorrow around 9 Eastern. Only available if you haven’t redeemed prior to before.
Thanks for the heads up. Got the case and all 5 coins. Sucks that you can only redeem one code at a time. Need to decide which 6 sets to buy lol

Thanks for the heads up. Got the case and all 5 coins. Sucks that you can only redeem one code at a time. Need to decide which 6 sets to buy lol
That makes me want to just eBay them when the price tanks. The Octan one was already as low as $20 shipped before the re-release. I still have the camera that I need to order something with on top of that.

Ordered two more coins … knowing that each require a separate purchase and must be redeemed within 60 days, think I’m satisfied with owning 3.

Sooo … in other news, looks like Barracuda Bay really did retire, glad I got in on that … seems like a real sleeper set because many people don’t realize it has two builds and ships always seem to skyrocket in value.

Yea, I ended up just redeeming the Castle coin, and paid shipping for camera+valentine love birds set. I'm debating on the pirates coin still.

Already have Space, which is the one I care most about, since 90% of my Lego as a kid was Space.

Found some minor clearance at Walmart today. Creator 3-in-1 pirate ship 31109 was $75 and the $30 Vidiyo sets that are usually $24 at WM were $18. There were some shelf stickers for the SW Landspeeder ($18) Grievous Starfighter (can't remember $, still overpriced) and Ninjago Sub Speeder (maybe $24?). Hagrid's Hut 75947 was $29. 

Nothing great and extremely YMMV since most stores are gutted. 

Wish I could find the Ninjago Hydro Bounty for less than $129, but it seems like it’s actually getting hard to find. Not sure if that’s just a residual impact of the holidays or if it’s legitimately scarce. Target has it for MSRP so I’m not sure if I should bite or hope that somehow Walmart gets more in to clearance later.

Target has a 90 day return period (120 days if you have a Target credit card). If it's scarce, you could always order now at full price and then return it later if you find it on sale somewhere else.

Indiana Jones is supposedly coming back at the end of the year with at least 4 sets.
Another interesting rumour is Avatar sets. No, no the beloved one, the blue tall elf ones. The second movie is supposedly coming out in December.

LEGO is going to destroy Pick a Brick and Bricks and Pieces very soon. If you want anything order it now.

My local Michael's had LEGO Dots packs on clearance... sort of?  They had a dozen pegs full of them and every peg was marked as clearance but when I self checked the price they were regular price.  So maybe a future clearance that hasn't been pushed through in their system yet?  Dunno.  

Series 4 rang up at $5.99

Series 3 rang up at $3.99

Both contain the relative same amount of pieces.  

Maybe something to keep an eye on?  Thought I'd give you guys a heads up just in case.

Decent idea for a buck or buck-fifty.  Anything more than that seems kinda high to me.

Ordered two more coins … knowing that each require a separate purchase and must be redeemed within 60 days, think I’m satisfied with owning 3.

Sooo … in other news, looks like Barracuda Bay really did retire, glad I got in on that … seems like a real sleeper set because many people don’t realize it has two builds and ships always seem to skyrocket in value.
I picked up an extra, have three total.

Wish I could find the Ninjago Hydro Bounty for less than $129, but it seems like it’s actually getting hard to find. Not sure if that’s just a residual impact of the holidays or if it’s legitimately scarce. Target has it for MSRP so I’m not sure if I should bite or hope that somehow Walmart gets more in to clearance later.
I want that one, I’ve stayed away from ninjago, only have the very first wave and movie sets. The temples, dragons and mechs look cool bit I’ve been resistant.

My favorite part of post Christmas is the random returns. Found a Lego Movie 2 70848 Systar Party Crew for $9 at WM today. You can see where the wrapping paper tape ripped the box. According to Brickset, it retired in Dec. 2019. Some kids don't appreciate history. 

The only consistent clearance at WM near me is Vidiyo, but I haven't seen the $5 boxes yet. People are finding Falcons for < $80  but the only decent SW clearance I could find was Mandalorian battle pack for $9.  

My favorite part of post Christmas is the random returns. Found a Lego Movie 2 70848 Systar Party Crew for $9 at WM today. You can see where the wrapping paper tape ripped the box. According to Brickset, it retired in Dec. 2019. Some kids don't appreciate history.

The only consistent clearance at WM near me is Vidiyo, but I haven't seen the $5 boxes yet. People are finding Falcons for &lt; $80 but the only decent SW clearance I could find was Mandalorian battle pack for $9.
I love that. I got a $13 LEGO Movie set in 2018-19 for $5.

And speaking on Walmart you can simply buy the GWP Tiger for $10.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Year-of-the-Tiger-40491/314512541

If you preorder both Lunar New Year sets from Zavvi you save $30. They are on Target and Walmart so the stocks should be fine until a better sale or double points and GWP. Target no longer has the smaller set listed.

I think it's the most perfect piece to represent LEGO in the 2020s.

Lego loves making models of junk that collects dusts. The set with the most pieces is a $250 map. A $200 globe comes out next month. A piano that doesn't actually play music is $350, a $230 NES and TV, a $200 typewriter.

The printing of the minifigures has gone down the toilet, the quality of colors per brick has gone down the toilet, sets are being delayed, canceled and recalled all the time because LEGO's quality has gone to shit.

So why not just make a toilet?
If LEGO doesn't approve the toilet they are losing out on making a shit ton of money.

bread's done
Back