LEGO Deals 3

I have one. I think it was only available through S@H? That's a pretty crazy price since the value is all in the stickers and those seemed pretty rough/crooked.
I bought three of them because they were only $10 but were a S@H exclsuive. Even the torso is a sticker. I thought a new one was going for that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it’s true that you could buy the Creator 3 in 1, to n64ra’s point, it would be nice if LEGO resurrected Castle or some fantasy variant of it as a theme. There really isn’t a way to easily do army building for any of the knight factions or Forestmen at this point.

I was looking back at the Castle sets from 10 yrs ago or so and man, we were spoiled. That marketplace, the orcs and goblins, the cool armor sets … wish I’d bought it all, but then that’s how I feel about so many past lines … Space Police, etc

Keep an eye on the pick a brick on Lego.com. The black Falcon torsos had been in stock a week or two ago. Right now it’s just legs and helmets. You could build a fig for about $3. Also, there’s a new Falcon torso showing up in the store build a fig stations. (As well as a wizard and queen)

Castle is my favorite theme and I’d love a full line. Since we don’t have access to actual data, I can only guess that the “recent” past lines hadn’t been a hit with kids, or maybe Lego has determined there’s not enough worldwide appeal (cough, china) for a new castle line. My hope is the popularity of the blacksmith and creator castle changes that.

While it’s true that you could buy the Creator 3 in 1, to n64ra’s point, it would be nice if LEGO resurrected Castle or some fantasy variant of it as a theme. There really isn’t a way to easily do army building for any of the knight factions or Forestmen at this point.

I was looking back at the Castle sets from 10 yrs ago or so and man, we were spoiled. That marketplace, the orcs and goblins, the cool armor sets … wish I’d bought it all, but then that’s how I feel about so many past lines … Space Police, etc
It's been 15 years. :lol:

LEGO designers already came out and said that they don't think classic themes like Space and Castle, and I guess Pirates, sell well enough anymore. So the solution to make everyone happy is to add them to the Creator line a set or two at a time.

An interesting interview about the new spaceship. You can actually build other things with instructions that will be online.

And because someone asked about the baseplate...

Focusing first on this reimagining of 497 Galaxy Explorer, or 928 Space Cruiser and Moonbase, was consideration given to including the moonbase mentioned in the original European set name?

Mike: Initially, we were considering including the ground structure, which also meant bringing back the old moon baseplate. We know that people love that plate and we certainly do too. There would be complications in doing that, but it is certainly not impossible. Nevertheless, including the crater baseplate ultimately seemed weird, especially as the vehicle had become bigger, relative to the original model. Also, the conflicting grey between the Galaxy Explorer and the baseplate could create issues, so we thought about changing the colour to tan because that complemented the ship, but updating the colour of something so iconic felt wrong.
I don't know what he means about 'conflicting greys'. Was the baseplate going to be in old light grey?

You can also preorder the ship. If you do today and spent $50.01 on a current in stock set you can still get the Forestmen set. Last day to get it is today. (Rumoured to come back with the castle.)

https://brickset.com/article/78875/interview-with-mike-psiaki-designer-of-10497-galaxy-explorer

That was me on the baseplate. I guess I'm stupid. Why make the ship bigger than the '79 version if that's going to cause problems with the moon baseplate? I also don't follow what the grey vs grey color issue is. Agree changing to tan wouldn't work.

Re: Castle

Very sad that it doesn't sell enough. I'll take Creator 3 in 1s, but I need a $20 set, and a $30, and a $50, etc

It's not stupid. LEGO could have made a brick built baseplate or the ship smaller. Many things LEGO could do and don't.

I don't think LEGO's reason for no Castle is based on anything besides some lame focus group studies. They now make three classic Castle torsos, some updated ones without the factions and viking torsos. There is no excuse for not having smaller sets. A $30-$50 Creator set that can be a batting ram, boat and a tavern would be easy enough.

I’d like a line of just the base plates … fancy base plates all around … build your own adventure base plates. Kind of like those flat landscape plates that LEGO released through Xtra a few years ago … but you know, actually usable to build things on. Base plates!

Yeah the gray thing doesn't make sense regarding baseplates.

Looks like Forestmen set is gone from the site.

And last Vidyo non BeatBox is finally sold out. RIP. 

Amazon Germany is having a massive sale on sets that were already 40% cheaper there than in the USA. LEGO really likes fucking with North America and Adult Fools of LEGO keep making excuses.

LEGO is bringing back that horrible Santa's Front Lawn set for Christmas in July. I can't read the dates but the total you need is $220! :lol:

fuck off LEGO. Seriously.

The same YouTuber had two pics, one said $220 and the other $220 CA. The dates on the CA pic were second half of July. If I cared enough I would’ve watched the video with sound.

There are also pics of a Harry Potter GWP in same period for $130 HP purchase and the Dumbledore castle polybag at $40.

The same YouTuber had two pics, one said $220 and the other $220 CA. The dates on the CA pic were second half of July. If I cared enough I would’ve watched the video with sound.

There are also pics of a Harry Potter GWP in same period for $130 HP purchase and the Dumbledore castle polybag at $40.
The one I saw had July 4th, I'm assuming Canada wouldn't have that.

Brickset has details on new CMF packaging coming in Sept 2023. Looks like after 13 years the blind bags will be 100% blind. Until people flat out open everything like they do at my Walmart

https://brickset.com/article/79016/new-collectable-minifigure-packaging
Just buy a bunch, cut them open at home and reglue and return what you don't want.

I'd like to point out again the minifigures are 4 Euro which is like $4.12. 20% of that is tax, so there is really no reason at all for the figures to not cost $3.25-$3.50 in the USA.

Does anyone have 71765, the NinjaGo Power Ranger mech? I just bought it for $52 missing the stickers and instructions. Wondering what everyone's thoughts on it were as I'm not normally a mech guy.

I wonder how many tons of LEGO are in landfills, since they are not biodegradable like bigdaddys butt cheeks.

Noticed that my local store put the Mega Blocks Halo Needler on clearance but started it at 15% off instead of 30%.  No more 70% off Mega Blocks for me...which is the only reason I would get the Halo stuff.

Noticed that my local store put the Mega Blocks Halo Needler on clearance but started it at 15% off instead of 30%. No more 70% off Mega Blocks for me...which is the only reason I would get the Halo stuff.
I still see toys start at 15% off eventually go to 70% off. Am I missing something?

My store used to go 30-50-70, but if it starts at 15 it goes to 30 and ends at 50% off.
Why would it end at 50%? I have seen toys at mine, years ago, go 15% to 70%.

Of course I avoid Target more than Walmart now. Have 8 people wondering around, 4 doing internet orders and 4 being useless when self checkout has a line of 10 people and ONE cashier at the regular check out with a line of 15 people.

They used to do such a good job of people jumping on registers when there are lines. Now I feel their priority is filling online orders. Red shirts zip around with their carts and I am always in their way.

I was happy when they added self checkout because I rarely buy more than a couple items and I’m not much of a people person, but the system is trash and slows people down. It says “no cash” but people still try and then the one employee has to jump around to finish transactions. I avoid Target on weekends.

Purely anecdotal but I rarely see clearance go from 15% to 70%. Stores around me aren’t very aggressive with clearance though. Things just linger at 30% until they’re lost, stolen or hidden

They used to do such a good job of people jumping on registers when there are lines. Now I feel their priority is filling online orders. Red shirts zip around with their carts and I am always in their way.

I was happy when they added self checkout because I rarely buy more than a couple items and I’m not much of a people person, but the system is trash and slows people down. It says “no cash” but people still try and then the one employee has to jump around to finish transactions. I avoid Target on weekends.

Purely anecdotal but I rarely see clearance go from 15% to 70%. Stores around me aren’t very aggressive with clearance though. Things just linger at 30% until they’re lost, stolen or hidden
Anyone who worked retail nows that there isn't supposed to be more than 3-4 people in a line. When I worked at Lowes it was called a Code 3. Companies think that the costumers online or phone are more important than the ones in store. It's so stupid.

I too normally go to self checkout too as all I have is a drink and a snack when biking. Long lines just make me throw the stuff on the floor and walk out. The three people doing nothing at returns really piss me off.

And then the poor people at Whole Foods. 50 employees in the store just doing pick up orders. and getting in the way.

40574-1.jpg
40570-1.jpg

This has 700 pieces?!
40521-1.jpg

40521_alt2.jpg

The Haunted Mansion is underwhelming. I guess I expected like a modular sized one.  The ghosts don't even look like ghosts. They could have at least made them translucent blue/green.

Since it leaked months ago the haunted mansion was always going to be mini size, to go along with the mini castle. Modular would be nice but LEGO has already done two of their own haunted mansions, one even as an attraction
Price is actually $40 which considering the license tax and announced price increases comes to just under 6 cents per piece

bread's done
Back