LEGO Deals 3

I like the fact I spent $1250 on LEGO just from LEGO.com this year and I'm not part of the beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did that and more last week just during double points, I guess I should go jump off a bridge.
I've been thinking I probably could have bought a house in 2020-2021 with the money I spent on LEGO.

I went in my mom's attic today and it was 150 andI have like $5,000 in LEGO up there.

"We want Minifigure Factory to be as fun as possible for all of our fans so we don’t allow the use of profanities, vulgar references, hate speech, or extremism."

Lego's idea of "fun as possible" doesn't coincide with mine.
I mean, does the world really need "Let's Go Brandon" and "1776" minifigures? Not really. Bad enough police sets these days all have to have tactical gear minifigs.

I've been thinking I probably could have bought a house in 2020-2021 with the money I spent on LEGO.

I went in my mom's attic today and it was 150 andI have like $5,000 in LEGO up there.
You underestimate how obscene real estate prices in Massachusetts are these days. Sky high, man.

Depending on what they add to the options later, the minifig factory could be how we finally get the classic astronaut in new colors. The white torso is already there.

I mean, does the world really need "Let's Go Brandon" and "1776" minifigures? Not really. Bad enough police sets these days all have to have tactical gear minifigs.

You underestimate how obscene real estate prices in Massachusetts are these days. Sky high, man.

Depending on what they add to the options later, the minifig factory could be how we finally get the classic astronaut in new colors. The white torso is already there.
I support saying 'fuck JOE BIDEN!' in every way possible.

You underestimate my hatred for the state of Massachusetts.

Costco has an insane bundle of the new iron man armory with the new Groot set for $99.99
The iron man set alone is a crazy $89.99
Have only seen others post pics of their finds, I’m prob gonna go look for one later

I support saying 'fuck JOE BIDEN!' in every way possible.

You underestimate my hatred for the state of Massachusetts.
I get it, he's a lukewarm 3-day-old reheated McDonald's fillet-o-fish against Trump's Chipotle diarrhea stew... thing being one's still edible. I'm all for calling out his wishy-washy policy stances and refusal to fight dirty for the betterment of society. LGB and FJB are nakedly racist/regressionist/hate dog whistles though, so fuck that shit.

So who's excited for that minifig factory? :lol:

I get it, he's a lukewarm 3-day-old reheated McDonald's fillet-o-fish against Trump's Chipotle diarrhea stew... thing being one's still edible. I'm all for calling out his wishy-washy policy stances and refusal to fight dirty for the betterment of society. LGB and FJB are nakedly racist/regressionist/hate dog whistles though, so fuck that shit.

So who's excited for that minifig factory? :lol:
Joe Biden and Donald Trump are EXACTLY the same person. Exactly. There is next to no difference between them. Both are racist, both are rapist, both are pedophiles, both are pro-life, both are corrupt as fuck, both lie like no one else can, both are completely useless. The only difference is Joe Biden is more demented and the media covers for him. That's it.

I can't wait until 2025 when Trump is president again, liberals then complain about all the terrible crap Trump is doing, which Biden also did and they didn't say a word.

Are you implying Green Giant Big D has a basement full of Joe Biden as well
Joe Biden is such a horrible human that the only reason he won was because he hid in his basement. I mean it's impressive that Trump came within 50,000 votes in 4-5 states of being reelected during a pandemic that he was asleep at.

Maybe that's what Biden's plan is, be asleep for covid AND monkeypox.

Was it the T-Rex and Something-Raptor Breakout set?
Yeah 76948 T-Rex and Atrociraptor Dinosaur Breakout. I was waiting for a sale but nope. Cross that off the list. I don't go too big on price per piece but $100 for 466 pieces is a helluva dinosaur tax, especially since the smaller dino has no articulation.

The Tie fighter that was $32 is now $36 (still cheaper than the $40 msrp that's going up to $45). The Zurg Battle Lightyear set went from $30 to $35.

Not all the B&N increases were in effect at this Walmart. The Millennium Falcon and Imperial Cruiser were still $160, for example, but I didn't do a full rundown.

The Tie fighter that was $32 is now $36 (still cheaper than the $40 msrp that's going up to $45). The Zurg Battle Lightyear set went from $30 to $35.
$36 will be the new normal because that's 20% off $45.

But yeah $80 was too much. The fact that $80 wasn't the new price increase is disgusting. There was that one set with two big dinosaurs and the ball ride, 555 pieces for $100. One big dino and 450 pieces? Nope.

There is the big big set for $97 on eBay but even then, what am I going to do with LEGO dinosaurs? They just take up room I don't have.

Summer clearance starting to hit Walmart. Mostly 20% off but on sets that had WM discount, clearance price is better. For example, SW AAT and HP Fluffy Encounter are $25 (was $32 at WM, msrp $40), Minecraft Pig House $30 ($40 at WM, msrp $50)

I was going just to get a 3-in-1 castle for $80 but ended up getting the 3-in-1 Ferris Wheel for $64 too since it's retiring this year and things vanish quickly around me. 

Reddit has more comprehensive list https://www.reddit.com/r/legodeal/comments/w9fzaa/walmart_us_various_sets_on_clearance_2540_off_ymmv/

I’ve seen assorted Eternals and Shang Chi sets on clearance and Target
Picked up the Raya and Sisu set for $17.99 on the app, which will tell which stores have them. Some regions have them for $14.99 according to some fb groups I’m in

Summer clearance starting to hit Walmart. Mostly 20% off but on sets that had WM discount, clearance price is better. For example, SW AAT and HP Fluffy Encounter are $25 (was $32 at WM, msrp $40), Minecraft Pig House $30 ($40 at WM, msrp $50)

I was going just to get a 3-in-1 castle for $80 but ended up getting the 3-in-1 Ferris Wheel for $64 too since it's retiring this year and things vanish quickly around me.

Reddit has more comprehensive list https://www.reddit.com/r/legodeal/comments/w9fzaa/walmart_us_various_sets_on_clearance_2540_off_ymmv/
The Ferris wheel is fun, but a horribly boring build. However the Castle most likely is going up to $120 on August 1st.

I’ve seen assorted Eternals and Shang Chi sets on clearance and Target
Picked up the Raya and Sisu set for $17.99 on the app, which will tell which stores have them. Some regions have them for $14.99 according to some fb groups I’m in
The Raya and Sisu set have been $18 for about a month online at Target.

https://www.target.com/p/lego-disney-raya-and-sisu-dragon-building-toy-43184/-/A-78929964#lnk=sametab

Someone in the fb group posted clearance “as is” yellow sticker finds for $14.xx , which is how I found out it was $17.99 in stores, well the stores that still have them
Just a good find considering it’s retired now, I’m a sucker for Disney sets, got it because Zisu is a cute little build, will prob sell or part out the rest

My fishing boat shipped out
So I go and check the status of mine. For the last two months it says it would ship every day. Now it says I have to contact costumer service.

And did the fuckers send me an email? No of course not. It's amazing how shitty LEGO has become.

Hopefully LEGO doesn’t screw you guys, I’ve only ever had one order cancelled on a back ordered set.
If they screw me out of the fishing boat I'm seriously done with them. It's been a fucking year. My credit card is still the same.

I will say I have a long list of all the bullshit things LEGO has done in the last few years, the costumer service people are still amazing. Love them.

The problem is because the order was so old that the credit cards won't okay the order, so they need new payment plans.

I’m currently struggling between “oh shit, the price increase is coming, I better spend X dollars on these sets I want before it happens” and “this is bloody stupid and pure market manipulation by LEGO … not only are none of these sets on sale (Sonic, Jurassic Park just to name a few), but now even if they go on “sale” it will probably only be back down to current MSRP.”

So the whole thing has left me feeling kind of dirty about LEGO at the moment … but I’m still probably buying the Castle 🥴

$200 is already high price to me. i need to buy that Mario Block. already spent so much on Lego.
It's $150 set with an added $50 in printed parts. The $250 price is seriously laughable.

What I love about the price increases is that they aren't 10% across the board, it's just random. It proves that the price increases are simply because LEGO is greedy.

I’m currently struggling between “oh shit, the price increase is coming, I better spend X dollars on these sets I want before it happens” and “this is bloody stupid and pure market manipulation by LEGO … not only are none of these sets on sale (Sonic, Jurassic Park just to name a few), but now even if they go on “sale” it will probably only be back down to current MSRP.”

So the whole thing has left me feeling kind of dirty about LEGO at the moment … but I’m still probably buying the Castle
I feel the same way. I was tempted to run out and buy a few things before they go up but then realized I should just save my money for things that I absolutely want. I've been also getting into collecting sets from my childhood. I feel less dirty buying overpriced vintage Lego vs overpriced new Lego.

Saw the Walmart adjusted clearance in person today
Hogsmeade set was marked $69, shelf tag said original retail was $90. App scanned it for $79, checked the Lego site which said it’s $79, not sure if that was original or new retail

Saw the Walmart adjusted clearance in person today
Hogsmeade set was marked $69, shelf tag said original retail was $90. App scanned it for $79, checked the Lego site which said it’s $79, not sure if that was original or new retail
$80 was original msrp. $90 will be new price. Walmart did hikes early (in store at least). Many think Aug 1 will be when Lego changes prices.

The Chamber of Secrets is $109 at some Walmarts: only $20 off but it’s supposed to go to $150. Definitely the weirdest feeling clearance I can remember

$200 is already high price to me. i need to buy that Mario Block. already spent so much on Lego.
What appeals to you about the Mario block? I was very interested in it because I am a Nintendo fan but go back in forth about the proportions. I would like a regular sized Mario set with a normal looking Mario, not the block Mario figure

What appeals to you about the Mario block? I was very interested in it because I am a Nintendo fan but go back in forth about the proportions. I would like a regular sized Mario set with a normal looking Mario, not the block Mario figure
I’m not a fan on the mini brick built figures in the us set either, watching the build might change your mind, it really is an interesting build.

https://youtu.be/mJCwMS8wJjc

Got this from Reddit: Target has sets for preorder at pre-hike prices. Sanctum Santorum for $200 (will be $250) and Creator Viking Ship for $100 (will be $120) were on my want list so I caved.   

Got this from Reddit: Target has sets for preorder at pre-hike prices. Sanctum Santorum for $200 (will be $250) and Creator Viking Ship for $100 (will be $120) were on my want list so I caved.
Thanks, grabbed Sanctum, $200 feels like a pretty good price for this set.

The Speed Champs Aston Martin Bond is also at pre-gouge price of $20 too. Optimus is preordering at $150 which makes me think that was the original price to begin with which means since Lego has had Optimus at $170 since June they’ve been planning this for even longer than they original let on.

What's interesting is the set was never rumoured at $200, it was supposed to be $220. Maybe the old old price was $200, then the ne wprice was going to be $220 and LEGO went 'Nah, we can get even more!'.

Thanks, grabbed Sanctum, $200 feels like a pretty good price for this set.

The Speed Champs Aston Martin Bond is also at pre-gouge price of $20 too. Optimus is preordering at $150 which makes me think that was the original price to begin with which means since Lego has had Optimus at $170 since June they’ve been planning this for even longer than they original let on.
The price increases were rumoured for some time. However as of right now the Speed Champ price increases aren't for North America. They are still listed for $20 and coming August 1st.

Sanctum now $250.

Freight train for $180 instead of $190.

Picked up Optimus for $150 free ship with Redcard discount - seems fair.

Sanctum now $250.

Freight train for $180 instead of $190.
If you wait a bit the train will easily be 20%+ off. I got the $200+ cargo train for $125ish and the Passenger Train has been $115-125 often. Sanctum will only go on sale hen people stop over paying for LEGO. Which will be never.

bread's done
Back