LEGO Deals 3

I'm always happy to dunk on the T, like how the entire Orange Line had to shut down for a month last summer for safety repairs, but it really was amazing having a system like that even as dilapidated as it is.
Boston is such a small area when I'm in town I just walk. But that's the problem with the T, it catches fire all the time. My other problem is even when they fix the trains, by 2028 I think is the goal, the schedules are garbage. The buses and trans stop at like midnight on Friday and Saturdays. In Rochester I'd hop on a bus at 1am to go home in the winter. The T doesn't work and when it does work it still doesn't work right because of corruption and stupidity of the criminals in the statehouse and city hall.

Legit complaints. Not having all-night service, especially for weekends, is so shitty. Maybe with having missed out on Amazon, Boston can invest that sweet Lego money into funding the MBTA... or buy some less flammable trains that can be delivered sooner than 10 years down the line.

Box art is out for the 2022 Bricklink sets, must be getting near to fulfillment time?

You don't explain why. The Enfield jobs are mostly call center jobs, they already have a nice place worked out, the offices are. Why can't LEGO afford to be there? You also go on to say cities have been gutted because of telework... so why does it matter if the office is in a city or not.

You clearly never been to Boston if you think they have a decent transportation network. Rochester NY has a better bus system then Boston has a transportation system.
Is LEGO Enfield all (or nearly all) jobs where people could work from home?

Last edited by a moderator:
Legit complaints. Not having all-night service, especially for weekends, is so shitty. Maybe with having missed out on Amazon, Boston can invest that sweet Lego money into funding the MBTA... or buy some less flammable trains that can be delivered sooner than 10 years down the line.

Box art is out for the 2022 Bricklink sets, must be getting near to fulfillment time?
It's amazing to me that Rochester, something like the third poorest city in the nation, can have better transit schedules than Boston, the capital of a state full of college students and where there is no room for cars.

And my complaints were before covid. Maybe they fixed them, I doubt it. They added late night trains several years ago, then claimed the tens of thousands of people who used them weren't enough and cut them. Meanwhile the law breakers gave themselves 25% raise, the governor gets $50,000 a year EXTRA for rent. I don't get extra money from my job from rent.

But year several hundred LEGO people will fix it. :lol:

Some insane 2024 rumours that I wouldn't hold your breath on because having leaked pictures this good this far out is sketchy and way too many fan favorites.

A Zelda set of a tree. 
Loads of Disney stuff, brick built characters like we saw with Bowser. Some older Disney like Snow White set that looks like the passed over Ideas set. 

Other rumours are the big black LotR tower will get a remake.

A more civilian $400 caste that has a grey goat.

Gotham skyline ART set.

X-Men Masion with only 6 figures.

Some insane 2024 rumours that I wouldn't hold your breath on because having leaked pictures this good this far out is sketchy and way too many fan favorites.

A Zelda set of a tree.
Loads of Disney stuff, brick built characters like we saw with Bowser. Some older Disney like Snow White set that looks like the passed over Ideas set.
Gotham skyline ART set.
Day 1 on X-men, sure it could be better and have more figures but I’m in. Brick built Simba looks cool too but it’ll probably be more than I’m willing to spend.

I see 9 figures there. Magneto, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Prof X, Wolverine, Beast, Storm, and above the fence is Sabertooth and Mystique.
Oh I didn't see the ones on the fence. I wasn't fully paying attention as I feel the pictures and everything are 100% fake. Might as well have added to the video that 2024 will see Mario miniifigure series. The list is too good to be true to me, and too far off.

Day 1 on X-men, sure it could be better and have more figures but I’m in. Brick built Simba looks cool too but it’ll probably be more than I’m willing to spend.
Yeah he looked great but probably like $300-$400.

Also, that's the other tower.

The X-Mansion also looks flat.
Looks the same.

And right? Like these don't look real to me and LEGO has been really good at keeping leaks from happening. We don't know what DreamZZZ is or the Jurassic Park sets or this year's UCS Star Wars set, but we have pictures from 2024?! I don't believe it but shared so everyone else can make up their own mind.

And my complaints were before covid. Maybe they fixed them, I doubt it. They added late night trains several years ago, then claimed the tens of thousands of people who used them weren't enough and cut them. Meanwhile the law breakers gave themselves 25% raise, the governor gets $50,000 a year EXTRA for rent. I don't get extra money from my job from rent.
Truly is bizarre how high paying jobs get extra perks that the salaries would easily cover like rent. Meanwhile low and mid-size paying jobs don't. "Your salary is supposed to cover that!"

Sign me up!

Truly is bizarre how high paying jobs get extra perks that the salaries would easily cover like rent. Meanwhile low and mid-size paying jobs don't. "Your salary is supposed to cover that!"
Exactly. They give themselves a pay raise and then a separate rent pay to make it look like their already insane isn't even more insane. Governor Baker to his credit never took the rent pay. NY State lawbreakers didn't get a raise for 20 years, then gave themselves a raise from $80,000 to $110,000 in 2018. Okay, fine, you didn't get one for 20 years. Then right after Christmas in 2022 gave themselves a 29% pay raise because of.... inflation! Thought inflation was only 6.5% - 8.5%. Did they give the minimum wage a pay raise of 29%? Nope. If they raised the minimum wage as much as they gave themselves the NY minimum wage be $20 an hour. But people try shaming me for not voting for democrats. :lol:

And I'd like to point out that Boston actually doesn't have a single LEGO Store. I find that super annoying that all 4 LEGO Stores in the Boston area are in malls, none are in store fronts in Boston proper.

LEGO Dreamzzz set names.

71453 Izzie and Bunchu the Bunny 259 pieces - $19.99
71454 Mateo and Z-Blob the Robot 237 pieces - $19.99
71455 Grimkeeper the Cage Monster 274 pieces - $34.99
71456 Mrs. Castillo's Turtle Ballon/Van 434 pieces - $44.99
71457 Pegasus Flying Horse 482 pieces - $49.99
71458 Crocodile Car 494 pieces - $59.99
71459 Stable of the Dream Creatures 681 pieces - $79.99 
71460 Mr. Oz's Spacebus 878 pieces - $89.99
71461 Fantastical Treehouse  1257 pieces - $99.99
71469 Knightmare Shark Ship 1389 pieces - $139.99

lego-40586-moving-truck-erste-bilder-01.jpg

lego-40586-moving-truck-erste-bilder-02.jpg

The GWP later this month with ~$180. Rumoured date is currently the 21st.

Saw these on instagram.

[attachment=37746:51C5FB74-5E1A-400C-A419-1E5DC2BE7B2F.jpeg][attachment=37747:1161F9A7-B0D8-4113-A02E-8B50C4A25B6E.jpeg][attachment=37748:4B379E73-3B9B-4FEC-B543-E19AE93BECFB.jpeg]

If it’s not a crystal skull set I wouldn’t know, each of those pictured represents the original trilogy.
That's why I'm curious. We knew there were 4 sets, one for each other the first three movies. The 4th set has been a bit of a mystery.

There is no fourth movie. Promobricks confirmed it.

LEGO Indiana Jones 77015 [Temple Escape Diorama]
So far, relatively little was known about the 77015 set, but we can now shed some light on it. Shown is the scenery from the beginning of the first Indiana Jones film, which was already implemented in the set 7623 Temple Escape from 2008. This time, however, Indy's Escape from the Temple is another of the diorama sets with a black frame and a quote from the film scene. This reads:
“Let us hurry. There is nothing to fear here" - Satipo
"That's what scares me" - Indiana Jones

The temple is slightly smaller than the 2008 set and includes the entrance, the stone ball, the pit over which Indy swings his whip, and the treasury. The figures included in the set are Indiana Jones, Satipo, Belloq and a Hovito warrior. The set consists of 1545 parts and is the most expensive of all LEGO dioramas to date at around 150 euros.

• Set number: 77015
  • Title: [Temple Escape Diorama]
  • Number of parts: 1545
  • Figures: 4
  • RRP: 149.99 euros

"The temple is slightly smaller than the 2008 set" and it's 150 euros. Hoo boy. 

I'd love if they did the tank from Crusade, but I'm having flashbacks to getting lectured by Eurobricks in 2008 about how Lego would never do a military set (despite guns and fighter planes all over the place).  

"The temple is slightly smaller than the 2008 set" and it's 150 euros. Hoo boy.

I'd love if they did the tank from Crusade, but I'm having flashbacks to getting lectured by Eurobricks in 2008 about how Lego would never do a military set (despite guns and fighter planes all over the place).
Well LEGO's own 'logic' is complete insanity. :lol:

However with the USA giving tanks to Ukraine to test them for the 2025 war with China I see no chance of a tank. Hell it looks like Nintendo won't even release Advance War 1+2 Rebooted because of the stupid war in Ukraine.

You don't explain why. The Enfield jobs are mostly call center jobs, they already have a nice place worked out, the offices are. Why can't LEGO afford to be there? You also go on to say cities have been gutted because of telework... so why does it matter if the office is in a city or not.

You clearly never been to Boston if you think they have a decent transportation network. Rochester NY has a better bus system then Boston has a transportation system.
The gist boils down to employee preferences. Broad generalization alert: pretty much anyone younger than me (I'm 46, late Gen X) wants to be in vibrant urban places, wants to walk, wants to bike, is transit-savvy. The last place they want to be is suburbs and small towns - certainly not until they start families and need to find good schools for children.

When applied to call center work, call centers burn through employees like crazy, almost as quickly as Amazon warehouses do. You need a larger population of potential employees to be able to stay near full staffing complement. There's also a smaller factor at play that commercial buildings age rapidly. It's cheaper to buy a new building with modern wiring than to improve an older building that likely requires a full gut and replace of the entire wiring and telecom systems.

I saw the comments after the above post on fires in Boston's transit system. Half the transit systems in America are the same way; here around D.C., Metro has fires almost literally weekly somewhere in the system and they're pouring millions on millions into system upgrades. We're a Third World nation when it comes to infrastructure. But even with this in mind, there isn't a single large business that thinks it can thrive keeping operations and headquarters outside rail-served mixed-use locations. By the way, this is why ideas to relocate Federal agencies out to the heartland are just boondoggles and would waste billions in taxpayer money - every time someone tries to force a relocation, more than 3/4 of the current employees resign rather than relocate. Some would say this is the intent, but I'll just leave it at that.

Telework not only guts the cities, it guts the suburban offices that remain. Let's say the call center in Enfield decided not to relocate - it would be much cheaper for them in the long run to simply shift the call center operation to telework and close up the physical buildings. There's nothing one can do from a cube at a call center they can't do from a PC/VOIP at their home.

Everyone related to development is figuring out how to reverse the decline of office occupancy and loss of daytime population. The main solution boils down to trying to find innovative ways to add even more housing. That's not really viable outside the cities and transit locations because again, the youths simply don't want to live there.

A Zelda set of a tree.

Gotham skyline ART set.

They LOTR leaked photo is already gone but I saw the Deku tree. I love Zelda. I hate that set.

As a pretty big Indiana Jones fan, those sets disappoint me. The designs are much simpler than the previous series and the prices are undoubtedly higher. LEGO designs have been getting worse lately … outside of the more expensive sets, it’s hard to find things that look good, even with their licensed properties.

150 more pieces on the Temple of Doom set but the track looks so short compared to the 2009 set. WTF.

150 more pieces on the Temple of Doom set but the track looks so short compared to the 2009 set. WTF.
It's an 80 Euro set and I don't know why LEGO couldn't include 2-3 more segments, it's 20 more pieces. What I've always hated were those 'fire' pieces.

The LotR set will be revealed tomorrow. $500. I'm looking to get the lighthouse thinking on sale from $250 I could get a good deal at some point, like around $175. It's $300. Maybe rename the topic Lepin Deals? :lol:

I don't care about the Lord of the Rings, but that's a nice looking set.

I don't know what to think about prices anymore, but it doesn't seem to be priced as poorly as some of the other sets out there, I guess.

$400 would be okay of a price, but even that is a lot. $500 is just because LEGO knows it can. It does have like 20 figures. However we are getting a NinjaGo set with similar piece count and it 'only' will cost $370 NinjaGo Gardens is close to pieces and is 'only' $350. Plus several hundred of these pieces are tiny little tiles.

It looks amazing but the Lepin version will oly be like $100. :) 
LEGO-Icons-Lord-of-the-Rings-Rivendell-10316-3.jpg

Rumour is that DC is coming back to life with several Batman centered sets. 

And LEGO is finally getting the printing to be a lot better on the Speed Champs cars.

90509_Pagani%201A.jpg

So LEGO shop uk has some sets discounted with the double vip. I saw 20% of hulkbuster, black panther bust, Ferrari Daytona, Camaro, Optimus, and Atari, 30% off art project and 40% off foosball table.

Hopefully we’ll see some discounts here, I’ll get hulkbuster with that discount.

So LEGO shop uk has some sets discounted with the double vip. I saw 20% of hulkbuster, black panther bust, Ferrari Daytona, Camaro, Optimus, and Atari, 30% off art project and 40% off foosball table.

Hopefully we’ll see some discounts here, I’ll get hulkbuster with that discount.
The Monkey Kid rocket is $103, 20% off.

And don't forget the Queer Eye set for $60.

You think LEGO sticks products on sale in the USA? That's cute. :lol:

The Monkey Kid rocket is $103, 20% off.

And don't forget the Queer Eye set for $60.

You think LEGO sticks products on sale in the USA? That's cute. :lol:
I was being optimistic, you also forgot to mention the black panther boat that was $40 at Target during Christmas.

The Friends Advent 41707 is down to $18.30 at Walmart and Amazon.

Best Buy has about 6 sets for 30% off, including two overpriced sets I rarely see on sale. One is the best Avatar set, the mech for $32. The other is Black Panther 2 throne for $25.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&browsedCategory=pcmcat748302046771&id=pcat17071&iht=n&ks=960&list=y&qp=percentdiscount_facet%3DDiscount~30%25%20Off%20or%20More&sc=Global&st=pcmcat748302046771_categoryid%24pcmcat250300050002&type=page&usc=All%20Categories

The KPop boy band set will be revealed Wednesday night / thursday morning. I know how exciting it is. I'll go make a countdown clock!

The KPop boy band set will be revealed Wednesday night / thursday morning. I know how exciting it is. I'll go make a countdown clock!
This is probably going to be LEGOs best selling set. I don’t know what it is about kids and K-pop.

I’m going to guess brickheadz.

This is probably going to be LEGOs best selling set. I don’t know what it is about kids and K-pop.

I’m going to guess brickheadz.
An ex of mine LOVED boy bands and then moved to KPOP. It was one of the three things that drive me nuts about him. (The others being he was the oddest racist ever and thinking that wanting to be a Disney princess.) I see the thing being a huge massive hit or a complete Queer Eye failure, no in between like Seinfeld (huge fail outside the USA, fine in the USA.).

Speaking of failures we are getting a new 4+ theme based on the Netflix show.... Gabby's Dollhouse.

Better news from the return of Batman, we will be getting a minifigure based polybag of Batman Returns. Along with a 1989 Batmobile (with a Flash figure so maybe based on new movie) and a minifigure scale Batwing from 1989 Batman.

Rumoured retiring list.

Nothing shocking really besides Assembly Square, Bookstore and Police Station modulars are supposed to retire at the end of this year. That would be shocking to have three in one year. Assembly Square has been retiring for the last 4 years. :lol:

bread's done
Back