LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love toysandbricks.com

SP Smash and grab is 50% off. ($10)

Ostrich Race is 50% and free shipping. ($10)

The small PoP set is $5.50.

I'm debating buying one of each (for free shipping) or just the ostrich set. I really wish I knew that the $30 set with the camel was a lighting deal last week. I have two elephants, the only ones LEGO has ever made, and I get a bad feeling that will happen with PoP animals too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']The Lunar Limo has $7 for shipping, it's why I didn't bother with it.[/QUOTE]
Ah yes, it's the only one sold by Target instead of Amazon. :bomb:

the small POP set (7569 desert attack) is a great deal at $5.99 - three figs plus a horse and a skellie, weapons galore, and extra pieces to boot.

[quote name='bigdaddy']10%!?! Hahaha

Try 25%. Plus when things go on sale the price goes up.[/QUOTE]

I cant think of many BIG sets that are marked up 25%. Yes, minifig and battlepack prices are ridiculous. If they can make their money on people that dont know the difference so be it. For those of us who pay attention to their sales and get their extra coupons through their rewards program you can save an ass load of money. Last week i went in to buy Dookus Solar Sailer for $36. They had a coupon for an extra 25% off a lego purchase of $50. So i ended up getting the solar sailor for $27 (half off RETAIL) and Indiana Jones Fighter Plane Attack for $37(25% off retail). Tell me how that deal sucks.

[quote name='ackbar7']I think you may be becoming an addict. Not that I am one to talk. I have picked up so many sets since Thanksgiving it is not funny. Between Target, Amazon and B&N my LEGO collection is getting out of control. Oddly, my old stand by for LEGO deals, Fred Meyer, has had virtually no LEGO deals this holiday season. Usually they are good for stacking B2G1, 10% off and $10 off $50 sales about this time of year, but no luck with that this year.[/QUOTE]

Who are you telling. I'm going to try to slow down a bit, but to be honest I've been keeping up with sales from Target and some other promos (posted here, thanks guys!) so the wallet hasn't been hurt too bad.

I hate the feeling of regret when you don't take advantage of a deal when it's live and then thinking later, "Dammit I should have bit...now it's discontinued/OOS".

This has become my new favorite thread and with the deals posted here daily it only makes it that much harder not to buy.

I really liked the PoP sets and with the current Amazon deal I couldn't resist to get 3 each! S@H finally has the Stormptrooper clock back in stock. I might make an attempt to go to the LEGO store after work to order this and get free shipping.

I was also at TRU last night and saw 2 boxes of Series 2. Anyone else still see them around?

the only place i'm still seeing series 2 is at borders, where they abound. tried to grab a couple with coupons the other day but the line was ridiculous.

i'm jealous of the three each of the POP sets! wish i'd bought more of the
smallest one. love that horse.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I really liked the PoP sets and with the current Amazon deal I couldn't resist to get 3 each! S@H finally has the Stormptrooper clock back in stock. I might make an attempt to go to the LEGO store after work to order this and get free shipping.

I was also at TRU last night and saw 2 boxes of Series 2. Anyone else still see them around?[/QUOTE]

Last place i saw series 2 was borders and meijers christmas isle.

If anyone is interested there were Yoda and Anakin Lego clocks at Walmart in the Lego isle yesterday for $20. They look like the Vader and Stormtrooper clocks sold at S@H.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']I cant think of many BIG sets that are marked up 25%. Yes, minifig and battlepack prices are ridiculous. If they can make their money on people that dont know the difference so be it. For those of us who pay attention to their sales and get their extra coupons through their rewards program you can save an ass load of money. Last week i went in to buy Dookus Solar Sailer for $36. They had a coupon for an extra 25% off a lego purchase of $50. So i ended up getting the solar sailor for $27 (half off RETAIL) and Indiana Jones Fighter Plane Attack for $37(25% off retail). Tell me how that deal sucks.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is your point? TRU is still horrible, even horrible stores sometimes have good sales. As someone else said they had the beach house for $52! I got it at Target for $22 on sale and the sign said the normal price wad $29. TRU has random Lego crap and a few exclusives but both can be found elsewhere for less.

[quote name='encendido5']oops, I'm blind.[/QUOTE]

I just figured you were on CAG Mobile and could not see that info.

LEGO Atlantis Gateway of the Squid (8061) is $20, aka 50% off. I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

NinjaGo sets are up on LEGO.com, but you can't buy them. They look decent, more so the small sets.

Damn... I was busy debating what I wanted to buy and the ostrich set is back up to $15.Oh well. If I bought everythnig I would have liked to in te last two weeks of sales I would have spent way way too much monty. The sets alone today would be $55ish, and I don't want to spend that much.

[quote name='aunt beast']the small POP set (7569 desert attack) is a great deal at $5.99 - three figs plus a horse and a skellie, weapons galore, and extra pieces to boot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been stocking up on those. The equivalent Kingdoms set is real nice for building up armies too when a sale is on.

[quote name='bigdaddy']What exactly is your point? TRU is still horrible, even horrible stores sometimes have good sales. As someone else said they had the beach house for $52! I got it at Target for $22 on sale and the sign said the normal price wad $29. TRU has random Lego crap and a few exclusives but both can be found elsewhere for less.[/QUOTE]

My point is I don't agree with everyone crapping on TRU. To call a store horrible because they markup Legos is stupid. I can just as easily call walmart a horrible store because they rarely have sales on anything. Same with target or S@H. I guess I see the store as a whole differently because I buy videogames and action figures from them also and get great deals on that stuff as well. No need to get personal, just sticking up for a store I like. More people will take the time to complain about something than to say something positive. If there were no TRUs that is just one less option for my nerd shopping.:D

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']My point is I don't agree with everyone crapping on TRU. To call a store horrible because they markup Legos is stupid. I can just as easily call walmart a horrible store because they rarely have sales on anything. Same with target or S@H. I guess I see the store as a whole differently because I buy videogames and action figures from them also and get great deals on that stuff as well. No need to get personal, just sticking up for a store I like. More people will take the time to complain about something than to say something positive. If there were no TRUs that is just one less option for my nerd shopping.:D[/QUOTE]
If I could find the video of TRU executives singing "Do you believe in Magic?" with the lyrics changed to reflect TRU customer service I would link that here. At the end of a 5 hour meeting meant to refocus our attention on service this was the way they thought best to inspire us to go out and make it happen. The whole meeting was one of the stupidest things I have ever experienced at any work place, and I always figured was a great illustration of how out of touch the people running that company were. This was probably 10 or 11 years ago, and things have seemed to improve for TRU somewhat in that time though.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER'] If there were no TRUs that is just one less option for my nerd shopping.:D[/QUOTE]
To hell with TRU . Mainly because the only one nearby is 40 miles away:bomb:
Everytime I hear of a deal there I just remind myself to add $10+ to the cost and that shuts it right on down. But to all who have one close by hit em hard hit em early and hit em often . Because you never know when they might go Circuit City on ya:bouncy:

[quote name='xycury']Well the 51 minifigure order came in, shipped from like 6 different places/boxes. 9 figures where in a box that could fit your carry on luggage... it was silly, they had soo much airbags....

Breakdown so far....

Cyborg - 4
Chief - 3
Baseballer - 5
Pilot - 3
Mummy - 4
Gorilla - 5
Alien - 2
Hulu - 2
Rapper - 4
Samurai - 2
Elf - 2
Tennis - 2
Snowboarder - 2
Racer - 2

And the kicker...

Fisherman - 1
Sumo - 8

I may keep 15... ugh.

I think I have another shipment tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Round 2 -- 36 figures totals added from spoiler quote previous 51 order in brackets below

Cyborg - 2 [6]
Chief - 0 [3]
Baseballer - 1 [6]
Pilot - 2 [5]
Mummy - 2 [6]
Gorilla - 1 [6]
Alien - 6 [8]
Hulu - 2 [4]
Rapper - 0 [4]
Samurai - 1 [3]
Elf - 4 [6]
Tennis - 3 [5]
Snowboarder - 1 [3]
Racer - 6 [8]
Fisherman - 1 [2]
Sumo - 4 [12]

A little light on chiefs, samurais, snowboarders, and fishermen.... averages around 5 or 6 each.....

Alot of Racers and Aliens, and even too many Sumos, probably the worst of the figs, topping out at 12

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']My point is I don't agree with everyone crapping on TRU. To call a store horrible because they markup Legos is stupid. I can just as easily call walmart a horrible store because they rarely have sales on anything. Same with target or S@H. I guess I see the store as a whole differently because I buy videogames and action figures from them also and get great deals on that stuff as well. No need to get personal, just sticking up for a store I like. More people will take the time to complain about something than to say something positive. If there were no TRUs that is just one less option for my nerd shopping.:D[/QUOTE]
I hear what you're saying.

Back then I used to collect action figures and hot wheels (always found treasure hunts) and those were always MSRP and always saw deals. As a matter of fact, I still buy hot wheels and matchbox from TRU for my son. I don't just rush to the LEGO aisle, I like to browse the other aisles too and see what's out there. TRU isn't the only ones that marks up LEGOs. Target marks up some of their LEGOs too and it seems it's different from one Target to another.

I can't deny that there are some things that bother me. The reward card is a nice add, but I don't like how there are certain times you can earn points. And believe me, I've done the surveys and have actually mailed complaint letters. Whether those actually make a difference is anyone's guess.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Target marks up some of their LEGOs too and it seems it's different from one Target to another.[/QUOTE]

Aside from Series 2 minifigures, I have never seen Lego at Target marked about S@H prices. But then again, I pretty much only buy Lego at Target during clearance, so maybe I've missed it.

I do think most stores have 1 or 2 LEGO sets that are marked above MSRP. I am not sure why that happens, but I do think it is true. No one takes it as far as TRU, and that is why, for LEGOs at least, they suck. Now I do applaud them for giving away Disney Blu-rays for about a year and a half, but as this is the LEGO forum, they deserve the basing they get here.

I work at one, the place is horrible. The mark up is just the beginning of the mess that is TRU.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I work at one, the place is horrible. The mark up is just the beginning of the mess that is TRU.[/QUOTE]

You see it from the side we don't. It's like seeing a hot chick you love with no makeup on and she's also crying, its a freekin bummer. I agree there is a laundry list of crap that they could improve(the reward program, high minimum purchase for free shipping and high prices are my biggest peeves). i dont work there but from my own experiences shopping at at least 8 different stores in Michigan I have always been treated good and never had any problems with staff. When someone posts they just saved money through the BOGO sale and the next post is,"TRU sucks dont shop there," it bums me out. Like freeorelse said, got to support a store you like or it will end up dead like Circuit City. That's the only reason I am defending them.

i wouldn't say TRU is a store that many of us *like*, but it at least is a store that i would rather stick around and not go the way of kb toys.

bigd has only worked at TRU a very short time, so he's barely bought that hot chick a soda. :D

[quote name='aunt beast']he's barely bought that hot chick a soda. :D[/QUOTE]

i don't think he's interested in wasting his money on the hot chick.

[quote name='salty tbone']i don't think he's interested in wasting his money on the hot chick.[/QUOTE]

maybe that's what will make her cry her makeup off.

[quote name='aunt beast']not a deal, but for anyone who's into kingdom sets, four new ones coming out in july:

6918 Blacksmith Attack
7187 Escape from Dragon’s Prison
7188 King’s Carriage Ambush
7189 Mill Village Raid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57393885@N03/5285492114/[/QUOTE]

Cool! The pic is tiny but Mill Village Raid looks like it will fit nicely with the Medieval Market Village. Can't wait for that one! Thanks for sharing! :)

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Cool! The pic is tiny but Mill Village Raid looks like it will fit nicely with the Medieval Market Village. Can't wait for that one! Thanks for sharing! :)[/QUOTE]

you're welcome! :)

yay for peasants and more medieval town folk! and chickens! :D

Those are looking pretty nice. That Mill Village and Blacksmith set look like they will do well in the courtyard of my main castle setup.

[quote name='aunt beast']not a deal, but for anyone who's into kingdom sets, four new ones coming out in july:

6918 Blacksmith Attack
7189 Mill Village Raid

[quote name='bigdaddy']...
I kind of regret not buying two of the $50 sets from Amazon for $36. 1000 pieces and about 8 minifigures, two light up bricks, for $36. However LEGO... it's a really ugly set! No wonder no one wanted it! :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Hi bigdaddy,
I've been away on vacation for awhile and I'm trying to catch up on all the past posts. What $50 set for $36 on amazon were you referring too - I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything...

6918 Blacksmith Attack
7189 Mill Village Raid

Target has the polybag target practice

Http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30062-1

Hope I can find some…they were found in holiday section (stocking stuffers?)

Those other sets are awesome can't wait

[quote name='xycury']Target has the polybag target practice

Http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30062-1

Hope I can find some…they were found in holiday section (stocking stuffers?)

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah - I saw those before my trip and I forgot to post. At my Target they had them at some front checkouts. All the checkouts had polybag sets (TS Army Man, Fire Copter, etc.), but the Target Practice was mixed in at just a few of them - I had to dig a little to get some. They were $3.99 each.

I checked my Costco today and they were wiped out of almost all their toys, not to mention all the LEGOs. Even the Castle Brickmaster book was long gone, and that wasn't selling at all a few weeks ago. Whoever finds that Palpy shuttle for $20 is one lucky son of a gun. I wasn't going to get it, but that is a steal of a deal! I also swung by the returns desk and spied on theiir returned items, just in case...but nada.

All I know is, I will avoid TRU for a long time!! My wife and I went yesterday and it was an overcrowded MESS! Toys on the floor in every aisle, despite the multitude of part-time holiday employees. There were red shirts everywhere you turned. By the way, with so many workers, you would think somebody would know what the hell they were doing...but NOOOO! We needed to check the stock status of a baby item that was not on the floor (but had a shelf tag), and then pulled from the back if available. The first guy we approached acted like he either had a head injury or was stoned out of his mind. He stared into space with his mouth gaped open as we told him what we were looking for and showed him the empty shelf. After a few minutes of watching him staring into La-La Land, he finally said he would get someone else. WTF! So then he brings over this other dude. Now this guy looks at the empty shelf I pointed out to him and says "it looks like we don't have any, sorry" then he briskly walks away. Duh, we weren't blind, we wanted him to check the item number in the computer LIKE WE HAD ASKED. So we leave the baby area and go to the customer service desk. There were literally 10 employees milling around there with blank stares, with a few empty computers open, but we still had to wait forever before someone FINALLY offered some help. So after all this hassle and wasted time, we found out they had one left but it could not be located for some reason. WTF again! SCRU U TRU!!! :headache:
Okay rant over.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Hi bigdaddy,
I've been away on vacation for awhile and I'm trying to catch up on all the past posts. What $50 set for $36 on amazon were you referring too - I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything...[/QUOTE]

The PoP playset that is $50 was on sale for $24 and had BOGO 50%. Making two of them $36.

To be fair the seasonal help is not trained at all, so please leave us alone. :lol: my favorite is someone asked me a bike question, I had no clue so I went to look for someone who might.... No one had a clue! Why do we sell bikes if no one knows anything about them?!?

However if it's not on the floor we don't have it. Everything is out except for food, bikes, swing sets.

stopped by target over lunch - no knights kingdom promo set, boo. the stocking stuffer aisle was cleaned out and there were none at the check-outs.

they *did* have a ton of "bullseye the dog" lego set gift cards still .. they were *everywhere* including at every single check-out.

stopped by borders and bought a S2 skier and pop star. as usual there were a ton of minifigs available. there are *two* 33% borders coupons available (both exp. 12-24) so make sure you get both of them if you're going. i felt bad that i didn't have extra coupons to hand out. the line was looooong but it moved fast.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/20101221smedia33.html

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/20101221sa33.html?cmpid=SL_20101221

Bigdaddy, Pop with the ostrich is back in stock. I missed out the first time, now it's in stock, and I'm still debating myself...should I, shouldn't I?

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Bigdaddy, Pop with the ostrich is back in stock. I missed out the first time, now it's in stock, and I'm still debating myself...should I, shouldn't I?[/QUOTE]

The ostrichs are awesome, but the rest of of the set is not really worth anything. It's small and crappy. However... Ostrichs are awesome. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']The ostrichs are awesome, but the rest of of the set is not really worth anything. It's small and crappy. However... Ostrichs are awesome. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Agreed

In a little store I saw a Hogwarts Express for $60. I see it is $20 cheaper than MSRP and am wondering if I should go back to get it. I don't really have even $60 to spend though so I wish I did not see it. LOL

Ahahaha. That's only 25% off....can't you do better at Borders with their regular 40% off coupons?

[quote name='mickeyp']In a little store I saw a Hogwarts Express for $60. I see it is $20 cheaper than MSRP and am wondering if I should go back to get it. I don't really have even $60 to spend though so I wish I did not see it. LOL[/QUOTE]

I broke down and bought the Pop set for 9.99....you're right about the ostriches bigdaddy.

I also saw TRU is opened 24 hours for 3 days....crazy!!! I wonder if they even have people shopping past 12 am??

[quote name='cutiepatootie']
I also saw TRU is opened 24 hours for 3 days....crazy!!! I wonder if they even have people shopping past 12 am??[/QUOTE]

It was really busy at midnight, about 5 people in the store until around 2 (different people, but only a few at a time) and then 1-2 randomly until about 5am then more people come in. My favorite is the store is open to 9-10pm on Xmas Eve, they aren't sure yet because corporate TRU didn't tell anyone the hour they will close! Yet another reason to hate them.

It's fun stocking things when people are shopping.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Ahahaha. That's only 25% off....can't you do better at Borders with their regular 40% off coupons?

[/QUOTE] Oh, that is true so maybe I will just wait. I can maybe get better with a coupon or sale. Thanks

- My son and I opened up 3 more minifigures. We got the gorilla, snowboarder, samurai today. We already had the Elf. So we have 4, they are very nice. It is very hard to tell by looking at the dots what you are getting. The gorilla is a very cute one I think.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
To be fair the seasonal help is not trained at all, so please leave us alone. :lol: my favorite is someone asked me a bike question, I had no clue so I went to look for someone who might.... No one had a clue! Why do we sell bikes if no one knows anything about them?!?

However if it's not on the floor we don't have it. Everything is out except for food, bikes, swing sets.[/QUOTE]

If you ask me, I wouldn't have a clue either.... But I would just be taking the easy way out ;)

In response to Aunt Beast in regards to the PoP sets--

I'm of the same mind that bigdaddy is in regards to the ostriches. I've got 20 ostriches (yes, 10 ostrich race sets) that I bought for $10, whether it was Walmart, or the lego store (local wally world had tons of them hanging around at $10 each for weeks, plus the 3 I bought during the lego store event at brickcon)

Unfortunately, I've got the same mindset for camels too (even though I could see them using them sooner then the ostriches)

I've got 4 of the light tan ones and 14 of the dark tan ones. Though, in my defence, I only bought 3 of the $30 sets at full price (and like, 4 at half price). Some of my camels were acquired in one of the brickcon events.

Also, In response to series 3 minifigs - wtf lego, sell us less product for more, when you've already increased production because you realize demand is so high for these items. Did you ever stop to think that maybe demand is so high because of the fucking word COLLECTIBLE.

I guess I'm going to have to eat my words and admit to shelling out the extra dollar, but I'm NOT pleased. I guess in the log run, they might stick around the stores for longer, which means that the mad dash for them won't happen anymore.

Or at least, we hope.

[quote name='mickeyp']In a little store I saw a Hogwarts Express for $60. I see it is $20 cheaper than MSRP and am wondering if I should go back to get it. I don't really have even $60 to spend though so I wish I did not see it. LOL[/QUOTE]

$56 is the cheapest I've ever seen it (Kmart.com with coupon and in-store pick-up (dead deal)). $60 is a good deal for that set now. Since it is still a recent set, there will be plenty of opportunities for it to be discounted more in the new year.

I hope to find the Kingdoms polybag at Target tomorrow. There are actually two different Kingdoms polybags (the other one with the bad green guy!), but have only seen one reported sighting of him.

I'm excited for the new July Kingdoms sets especially that Mill Village Raid. Wow!

Amazon is sold out of Medieval Market Village. shop.lego.com still has it. I'm unsure how long that set has yet to last at retail price.

[quote name='voidedx']
I'm excited for the new July Kingdoms sets especially that Mill Village Raid. Wow!
[/QUOTE]

You and me both. I know that image isn't very big, but it sure looks like I see goats in that set. I love lego animals :D

Damn co-worker isn't gay... not gay my ass.... (pun intended).

Anyways...

I don't have LEGO cows, or bulls, but for some reason I love the ostrich but I still can't bring myself to buy it for $10. Two ostrich and three minifigures with some weapons isn't bad.

I decided to buy it, what the hell. I'll probably look at it and go "That's it? I could have bought a pair of jeans o a hoodie".

But I'll have LEGO ostriches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back