LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prim4444 works for TRU and posts alot of the video game deals from the weekly ads in advance and also clearance price drops.

Thanks for the info prim4444.

We'd appreciate any inside info you can provide in the future.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Wow... TRU this year sucks. :lol:[/QUOTE]
We're barely getting into the Christmas shopping season. Hopefully, we'll see some good deals not only from TRU, but all the other retailers that carry LEGO.

From what I remember, all the good deals were after Christmas with Walmart and Target having 50-75% off some of the sets. Good times...

I missed the Star Destroyer Target had for $50 during Black Friday though.

[quote name='encendido5']From what I remember, all the good deals were after Christmas with Walmart and Target having 50-75% off some of the sets. Good times...

I missed the Star Destroyer Target had for $50 during Black Friday though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I debated the Star Destroyer and decided against it (huge mistake). But yeah, the deals after Christmas were way better than before.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']We're barely getting into the Christmas shopping season. Hopefully, we'll see some good deals not only from TRU, but all the other retailers that carry LEGO.[/QUOTE]

But that is THE BIG TRU TOY BOOK!!! Last year they had some decent set prices for the "sale", that last until Thanksgiving, this year it's all like 5% off what the normal prices are. It is the big sale price for things, and it sucks. TRU on Black Friday is insane (For what I don't understand), and then we will most likely get a BOGO50% in December.

WOO! Atlanta is getting a Lego Discovery Center!

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2009/10/26/story1.html?b=1256529600^2308781

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tybee']WOO! Atlanta is getting a Lego Discovery Center!

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2009/10/26/story1.html?b=1256529600^2308781
[/QUOTE]

Cool, something else to do when we visit Atlanta.

Prime4444 says the Lego deal for this week is a free Lego case with $30 purchase. Not sure what kind of case it is, but I'll check the paper tomorrow. Seems like Brictober went out with a fizzle.

[quote name='180husher'] Seems like Brictober went out with a fizzle.[/QUOTE]

Started with a fizzle, fizzled in the middles and ended in a fizzle. :lol:

[quote name='180husher']Cool, something else to do when we visit Atlanta.

Prime4444 says the Lego deal for this week is a free Lego case with $30 purchase. Not sure what kind of case it is, but I'll check the paper tomorrow. Seems like Brictober went out with a fizzle.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda a small case. The picture in the ad is a little misleading. I believe I saw that in only holds something like 72 pieces.

[quote name='prim4444']It's kinda a small case. The picture in the ad is a little misleading. I believe I saw that in only holds something like 72 pieces.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like my kids lunch box...or a really small diaper bag!

Taking the kids to the Lego store tomorrow. I'll update if the VIP is up and running yet.

As mentioned already in this thread the Indiana Jones "Shanghai Chase" is on clearance at Target for $20.98 Have had my eye on this set since it came out. Set includes 5 minfigs, very cool

I was told at the Lego Store tonight that the VIP program was going to start tomorrow. I explained that we live too far away for me to come back just to sign up for the VIP, and she said she would try to activate an account for me today.

I gave them my name and email address, made my purchase, and received my card.

Got home where there was an email from Lego VIP asking me to register my membership online to receive my bonus 25 points. (The other 25 points, for the combined 50 mentioned on the calendar, were supposed to have been credited when the account was activated at the store.)

After registering online, I checked my balance which is currently 25 points. No points for the purchase I made today, and no 25 point bonus for activating the card in the store.

I guess now we know why they haven't been handing these cards out yet. So I would take the starting date of Monday the 26th with a huge grain of salt...in other words, don't make a trip just based upon what I was told as I'm not sure this program is still working just yet.

Best part was is that the girl was going to stamp my loyalty card and the manager stopped her saying I would be getting the VIP points instead...which I didn't. Now I get to make a couple of phone calls tomorrow and confuse all the new seasonal employees who don't know what the heck they're doing.

Also got the Nov. calendar and I can confirm the coupon is for a free Pick A Brick Box with a $75 puchase...valid Nov. 1 thru Dec. 24, 2009. Valid on in-store purchases only, box is equivalent to a small PAB cup ($7.99 value), and it cannot be filled when you get it...you must return to the store between Dec. 26 and March 31, 2010 to fill the box.

[quote name='180husher']Also got the Nov. calendar and I can confirm the coupon is for a free Pick A Brick Box with a $75 puchase...valid Nov. 1 thru Dec. 24, 2009. Valid on in-store purchases only, box is equivalent to a small PAB cup ($7.99 value), and it cannot be filled when you get it...you must return to the store between Dec. 26 and March 31, 2010 to fill the box.[/QUOTE]

I love how they make this promotion so freakin' convenient. :roll:

I'm probably visiting relatives in Minnesota over Thanksgiving, and I'm sure I'll be making a trip to the Mall of America. But I'm almost certainly not making a trip back there before March 31st of next year. So essentially I'll have an empty box, assuming I even bother to spend enough to get one. Great...

[quote name='BingoBrown']I love how they make this promotion so freakin' convenient. :roll:

I'm probably visiting relatives in Minnesota over Thanksgiving, and I'm sure I'll be making a trip to the Mall of America. But I'm almost certainly not making a trip back there before March 31st of next year. So essentially I'll have an empty box, assuming I even bother to spend enough to get one. Great...[/QUOTE]

You could get it and sell it off... be a nice $10 off 75 :wink: :wink:

really though if I could get the wife to go... have you buy $75 worth of stuff.. mail me the box so I can fill it up if I can get her up before March 31st.

Well... it's better than having to go back or even just keeping the empty box.... :p

Does the Lego Store require any proof of purchase? for the box?

[quote name='xycury']

Does the Lego Store require any proof of purchase? for the box?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

You spend $75 before Christmas, they hand you a little cardboard box. You come back after Christmas to fill it up.

I did it 2-3 years back when it was only spend $50, awesome deal, fit in a ton of dark red pieces.

[quote name='bigdaddy']What do you mean?

You spend $75 before Christmas, they hand you a little cardboard box. You come back after Christmas to fill it up.

I did it 2-3 years back when it was only spend $50, awesome deal, fit in a ton of dark red pieces.[/QUOTE]

So, have box, no need to tell where you go it, you get everything you put in it free huh?

hmm any takers?

[quote name='xycury']So, have box, no need to tell where you go it, you get everything you put in it free huh?

hmm any takers?[/QUOTE]

Are you drunk?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Are you drunk?[/QUOTE]

maybe...

If they weren't going to use the box... and never go back.. but yeah longshot. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cpt Hooks']As mentioned already in this thread the Indiana Jones "Shanghai Chase" is on clearance at Target for $20.98 Have had my eye on this set since it came out. Set includes 5 minfigs, very cool[/QUOTE]

My wife picked me up the "Shanghai Chase" set a couple days ago and in doing so has started me down the road of collecting lego sets. Keep in mind that I sold my star wars action figure collection several years old for around $4500.

Today, my wife used a 15% off lego sets coupon and a $5 off $25 and bought me the "Fight on the Flying Wing" set at Toys R Us for around $40 after tax. There was a free Lego bag with purchase. Not a bad deal for a non-clearance item.

I am going to proceed with extreme caution.......

[quote name='xycury']

67 pieces though for $10

seems a tad high.... but maybe not.[/QUOTE]

It's high, but that's LEGO. They don't increase prices for 20 years, then there is an economic meltdown and they crease the prices 25% every year.

[quote name='iluvmywife']My wife picked me up the "Shanghai Chase" set a couple days ago and in doing so has started me down the road of collecting lego sets. Keep in mind that I sold my star wars action figure collection several years old for around $4500.

Today, my wife used a 15% off lego sets coupon and a $5 off $25 and bought me the "Fight on the Flying Wing" set at Toys R Us for around $40 after tax. There was a free Lego bag with purchase. Not a bad deal for a non-clearance item.

I am going to proceed with extreme caution.......[/QUOTE]

Flying Wing is on clearance at Kmart...got two for $21 each.

Sam's Club has Creator Beach House (4996) and Agents 4-Wheeling Pursuit (8969) for $21.88 a piece in stores and online (membership required).

Also saw Lego 6167 bulk brick set for $38.88 there.

Picked up a 2nd Beach House for myself.

[quote name='180husher']Flying Wing is on clearance at Kmart...got two for $21 each.[/QUOTE]

The only K-mart around here is 70miles away!

[quote name='bigdaddy']Still overpriced. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I hate to hear that but can respect your opinion. I am a huge Indiana Jones fan although I will probably never watch the new movie.

The fact that this set may not be a great sets by lego standards will probably not affect my opinion! I saw this set in stores and actually loved the packaging. Can't wait to put it together.

Just curious but what Indiana Jones sets are the nicer sets?

[quote name='iluvmywife']

Just curious but what Indiana Jones sets are the nicer sets?[/QUOTE]

Any but this one.

Really, all the IJ sets are great, I just can't believe that this crap was ever made.

I'm still pissed I never got this set...
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7624-1
It was sold out everywhere by the fall of the year it came out. I don't have a chicken piece or a banana, or the tent. I could have used the hair pieces, more ants, the map and greyish silver pan.

This plane...
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7628-1
... was released about six months sooner than the ugly green thing, has 250 more pieces and a couple more mini-figures for the same price of $50.

The green plane is easily the worst IJ to date, and if the theme does end (no one knows if they will release more next year) it will be the worst IJ set. It stands out in what is another wise nicely designed theme.

I get what you are saying. You obviously know more about Legos than I do because this is my first set in about 25 years are so.

Even if I could get those two sets I would probably pass for myself. I haven't seen the new movie and will not unless I watch it for free.

I guess for me, it is more about putting the plane together and setting up on a shelf somewhere in my man cave and enjoying it for the memories of when I first saw the movie in theaters.

[quote name='iluvmywife']

I guess for me, it is more about putting the plane together and setting up on a shelf somewhere in my man cave and enjoying it for the memories of when I first saw the movie in theaters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hear ya. I just think it is so ugly I couldn't even look at it. :lol:

Are you a Prince of Persia or Toy Story fan by any chance? Those sets come out next year. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']
I'm still pissed I never got this set...
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7624-1
It was sold out everywhere by the fall of the year it came out. I don't have a chicken piece or a banana, or the tent. I could have used the hair pieces, more ants, the map and greyish silver pan.
[/QUOTE]

I got like five or six of those sets for $2.48 a piece when Target clearanced them after Christmas. :D

[quote name='BingoBrown']I got like five or six of those sets for $2.48 a piece when Target clearanced them after Christmas. :D[/QUOTE]

I hate you... :p

I'm getting
7626 Jungle Cutter on Friday for my Birthday, I know this because I know the shape of the box. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I hate you... :p

I'm getting
7626 Jungle Cutter on Friday for my Birthday, I know this because I know the shape of the box. :)
[/QUOTE]

I bought a bunch of 7624 when Target had them on clearance. Great find! You know you're getting Jungle Cutter because the shape of the box? Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a lot of sets that have the same shape and size. How do you know it's not some kind of board game? :)

geez, I haven't seen a Clearance Target item at least a year.... Hopefully with some of these older sets, and the new ones coming in Jan, I'll see some.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I bought a bunch of 7624 when Target had them on clearance. Great find! You know you're getting Jungle Cutter because the shape of the box? Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a lot of sets that have the same shape and size. How do you know it's not some kind of board game? :)[/QUOTE]

Well my mom bought it for $30, and then I told her it was $15, so she seemed to have bought a new one and returned the old one (even when I said I'll take both with price matching). It's a LEGO set and I know all the sets she has bought and it's the "smallest" set.

EDIT - This was at Walmart which oddly enough a month or so later got more sets for the normal $40.

Borders has a 40% off any item in the store coupon this week ... good time to grab an advent calendar or anything from their decent stock of low to mid priced LEGOs in the kid's section.

[quote name='etcrane']Borders has a 40% off any item in the store coupon this week ... good time to grab an advent calendar or anything from their decent stock of low to mid priced LEGOs in the kid's section.[/QUOTE]

If anyone wants it....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QIW9B2TA

I might pick up a small police set... another to add to the pile.

Toys R us has the V19 and the Mangagaurd ship for 33% for two days.... I think in store only. Prices 30.49 and 40.99

[quote name='bigdaddy']How many LEGO sets does Borders have? Last time I went I didn't even see the Advent Calendar.[/QUOTE]
The inventory is dependent on the store. Fortunately for me, I have 5 stores within 15 miles max to drive to that all have a decent collection. In the past weeks I've seen the following sets:

3834 - SpongeBob; Bikini Bottom
7195 - IJ Ambush in Cairo
7196 - IJ Chaucilla Cemetery Battle
7626 - IJ Jungle Cutter
7673 - SW MagnaGuard Starfighter
7674 - SW V-19 Torrent
7683 - IJ Fight on the Flying Wing
7687 - Advent Calendar
7748 - SW Coporate Alliance Tank Droid
7749 - SW Echo Base
8014 - SW Clone Walker battle pack
8017 - SW Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
8018 - SW AAT
8019 - SW Republic Attack Shuttle
8036 - SW Separatist Shuttle
Various CITY sets.

Plus random Duplo set and tubs. Everytime I get a 40% coupon I head to Borders the same day because they go fast. It's a great way for me to add to my collection as well as my son's.

Here's a coupon for 15% off on LEGO Construction sets at TRU.

7195 - IJ Ambush in Cairo

Damn I want that set and I drove by a Border's the other day, but didn't go back because the highway system is wacko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back