LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ranwitscissorz']As previously posted, Target has several sets on clearance. I picked up the troll warship and several AT-TE (gonna trade them back in at TRU since they are $100 there :cool:), the warship was actually priced different at two different targets.

AT-TE - $63
Warship - $55 or $67 depending on the Target I went to.[/QUOTE]

That is return fraud and is frowned upon here. Plus you probably won't get a $100 for them because store usually offer the lowest price that they have had it for in the past 30-90 days. Chances are they were on some kind of sale.

[quote name='ranwitscissorz']As previously posted, Target has several sets on clearance. I picked up the troll warship and several AT-TE (gonna trade them back in at TRU since they are $100 there :cool:), the warship was actually priced different at two different targets.

AT-TE - $63

Return fraud, gtfo.

Also, TRU is extremely strict on having the original receipt. I once tried to take a 'home depot' branded toy set (which is only available at TRU) which was a gift to my son, they wouldn't even talk to me about a return or exchange without a receipt.

I think your bought yourself a trip back to Target to return yourself an AT-TE.

AT-TE - $63

Good luck with that! TRU, just like all the other retailers, are strict on returns. No receipt? No refund. No store credit. Back to Target you go.

[quote name='ranwitscissorz']Yep, yall were right, TRU wouldn't accept without a receipt, but Walmart did.[/QUOTE]

seriously gtfo

return fraud is not legal, and WM will eventually flag you for that, and you won't be able to return anything without a reciept.

I found a few republic tanks at one of my local targets also purchased the pirate tank. I was pretty surprised to see the republic tanks though since there pretty hard to find now. If anybody is interested let me know, they have 2 left.

I must admit that they way target is doing there clearance is pretty weird. The target near my workplace starting doing it first, and started right at 30 percent. Then, the one near where I live didn't start until last weekend and it started at 15 percent. Then a couple days ago, the target near my work added several new sets to the clearance, including castle tower raid at 30 percent and dwarf mine defender at 50 percent off, yet no further reduction on the existing clearance (I even scanned to be sure). Even weirded was that dwarf mine defender was the only set they had at 50 percent. On one hand, it sucked seeing Castle tower raid at 21 when I just bought it at Kmart for 25 with the 5 off coupon, but on the other hand the mine defender set is a great orc troop builder at 5 bucks!

[quote name='skiizim']I found a few republic tanks at one of my local targets also purchased the pirate tank. I was pretty surprised to see the republic tanks though since there pretty hard to find now. If anybody is interested let me know, they have 2 left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed they had a restock of these at the local LEGO store ... and I mean they had probably 10 at least ... I'm guessing it's a second wave of this particular set, because you're right, it was tough to find for awhile.

Where are the targets you guys always find these clearenced legos ... I've only found one at mine lol

If it wasn't for Sears Essentials to clearence out some Bionicles I'd be lego-less for a while

[quote name='strikeratt']Where are the targets you guys always find these clearenced legos ... I've only found one at mine lol

If it wasn't for Sears Essentials to clearence out some Bionicles I'd be lego-less for a while[/QUOTE]

It's all based on luck really ... some Targets are better for finding clearanced games ... others are good for toys ... and sometimes they're good one month and then dry the next. My advice is just try to visit 2 or 3 local Targets on a somewhat regular basis and get a feel for their clearance policies.

I know some of the Targets around me are always dry, so I avoid those stores. And if I ever find a hot deal at a particular store, I make a mental note. In the past I've found that most Targets are somewhat consistent in terms of better deals at certain stores, so once you've found a store you think goes lower on clearances, visit ever few Thursdays or Tuesdays and you should eventually get lucky.

But you've gotta get there early or the same day the drops happen ... some folks go every single day the clearances occur and will buy out the entire stock right at 8 am ... I've seen it happen and see the 'people' who do it .. . lame but it happens ... especially with this economy.

And above all ... just be aware that LEGOs are some of the hardest items to get on clearance ... because people will buy out stock at 15% off ... it's the reason there's a 1000 posts about Target video game clearance deals but not a dedicated thread for Target LEGO deals ...

[quote name='etcrane']And above all ... just be aware that LEGOs are some of the hardest items to get on clearance ... because people will buy out stock at 15% off ... it's the reason there's a 1000 posts about Target video game clearance deals but not a dedicated thread for Target LEGO deals ...[/QUOTE]
Well, that and that this is Cheap Ass Gamer not Cheap Ass Legos. But yes it was crazy to go in and find that all of the clearance Legos were bought up at 15% off, that is not even really a deal if you ask me.

[quote name='etcrane']Hey Ackbar, did you pick up Home One? ;-)[/QUOTE]
Actually, haven't seen it yet, but as you might guess, it is one I will certainly get. Been waiting 10 years for an Ackbar minifig

[quote name='ranwitscissorz']Yep, yall were right, TRU wouldn't accept without a receipt, but Walmart did.[/QUOTE]

Getting tired of posting this, but...

douche_bag1.jpg

I'm willing to buy them at 15% off... it's not much but it's less than retail and because all of my targets are >1 hour away, I'm in lego desert right now......

Target sucks, TRU sucks... if it wasn't the big score at WM, that only by chance I arrived at the first day of clearance, this year would suck.

Do you guys remember that $5 off coupon I posted a while back from the lego online store? Well I got charged the $5 extra even though the original checkout page showed $21.17.

So I've been calling and faxing information to them for a couple of weeks and nobody ever got back to me. I called them today and finally got an answer. The CSR told me the coupon was for brickmasters only and that's why I got charged the extra $5, but they are going to make a "1 time exception" and send it to another dept. to "try to reverse the charge".

Now that is ridiculous. How was I supposed to know it was a brickmaster only coupon? Why don't they check before they ship the item out. I wasn't even notified I was getting charged extra. If I hadn't checked my CC statement, I wouldn't have even known. If they don't reverse the charge I guess I'll have to do a chargeback with my CC company.

Another Fred Meyer Lego deal. For those of you with FMs around and don't just want the older stuff all of their Lego sets are 20% off. And Fred Meyer usually doesn't mark things up above MSRP, but the IJ Shanghai Chase is "50% off" down to 24.99. Not sure what happened to their pricing on that one.

[quote name='ackbar7']Another Fred Meyer Lego deal. For those of you with FMs around and don't just want the older stuff all of their Lego sets are 20% off. And Fred Meyer usually doesn't mark things up above MSRP, but the IJ Shanghai Chase is "50% off" down to 24.99. Not sure what happened to their pricing on that one.[/QUOTE]

Wish there was a FM... would totally hop on that 20% off deal.

Took the kids out for "Lego Monday".
Didn't yet know about the lego clearance

I would be willing to stop in for any interested parties tomorrow (Tuesday) am and pick through what is left but even at cost, I'm not sure it would be much of a deal once you figure in shipping.

Here is what was still available....

7632 x 3 reg $60 sale $42 (City Crawler Crane)
8634 x 8 reg $49 sale $35 (Agents Mission 5 - Turbo Car Chase)
7626 x8 reg $40 sale $28 (Indy Jones Jungle Cutter)
7670 x2 reg$20 sale $14 (Hailefire Droid)
8633 x6 reg $40 sale $28 (Agents Speedboat Rescue)

I managed to get 7675 reg $90 sale $60 (AT-TE) ALL MINE BABY, this is going to go great this x-mas with the Clone Dropship I scored last month at Walmart for $35.

Used the $25 TRU GC from Wii Sports Resort toward The Battle of Endor (8038). After tax, the total came out to about $85. I had to get the set just for the three Ewoks for my girlfriend. The rest of the set is pretty cool. It reminds me of one of the best levels in LEGO Star Wars inside the Endor shield generator.

Picked up a couple Home One's after using the $30 off $200 coupon this weekend and the 10% off for signing up for the TRU credit card ... not bad at $77 dollars a pop ;-)

[quote name='etcrane']Picked up a couple Home One's after using the $30 off $200 coupon this weekend and the 10% off for signing up for the TRU credit card ... not bad at $77 dollars a pop ;-)[/QUOTE]

I picked up the Home one as well. You didn't forget to use your rewards card, right?? You'll get 5.00 back for every 150.00 you spend.....I'll be getting 10.00 back...makes me feel less guilty. :)

[quote name='180husher']C-ville = Centreville or Charlottesville?[/QUOTE]

If you are pretty sure you want something...let me know.

If you think you'll be down this way in the next month or so, I'll pick up what you want and hold it at my house. You can make it a day and come hang out by the pool. =)

[quote name='jchasse']If you are pretty sure you want something...let me know.

If you think you'll be down this way in the next month or so, I'll pick up what you want and hold it at my house. You can make it a day and come hang out by the pool. =)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I've picked up most of the sets I wanted from Target. I'm about 45 minutes North of you in Culpeper, but my brother-in-law lives in Palmyra so I'm down your way every so often. Good to know another fellow CAG in the area...and one that collects Legos on top of that!

[quote name='encendido5']Do you guys remember that $5 off coupon I posted a while back from the lego online store? Well I got charged the $5 extra even though the original checkout page showed $21.17.

So I've been calling and faxing information to them for a couple of weeks and nobody ever got back to me. I called them today and finally got an answer. The CSR told me the coupon was for brickmasters only and that's why I got charged the extra $5, but they are going to make a "1 time exception" and send it to another dept. to "try to reverse the charge".

Now that is ridiculous. How was I supposed to know it was a brickmaster only coupon? Why don't they check before they ship the item out. I wasn't even notified I was getting charged extra. If I hadn't checked my CC statement, I wouldn't have even known. If they don't reverse the charge I guess I'll have to do a chargeback with my CC company.[/QUOTE]

I just checked 2 of my orders, and they did the same effing thing to me. Augh. So irritated. We even have a brickmaster's subscription. I used 2 different coupon codes....one they sent to me, and one I found online. Tried to look at my original checkout, and it also shows no coupon. I never did save a screen shot.....augh. Time to call and complain.

[quote name='etcrane']Picked up a couple Home One's after using the $30 off $200 coupon this weekend and the 10% off for signing up for the TRU credit card ... not bad at $77 dollars a pop ;-)[/QUOTE]
That's pretty good. I totally missed out on this coupon. I would have bought another Home One and the Battle of Endor set. Hopefully, TRU has another coupon like this again.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']I just checked 2 of my orders, and they did the same effing thing to me. Augh. So irritated. We even have a brickmaster's subscription. I used 2 different coupon codes....one they sent to me, and one I found online. Tried to look at my original checkout, and it also shows no coupon. I never did save a screen shot.....augh. Time to call and complain.[/QUOTE]

That sucks... sorry about the bad coupon :cry:
One of the first things she asked was if I was a brickmaster, so if you are, I'm sure you'll have no problem.

[quote name='encendido5']That sucks... sorry about the bad coupon :cry:
One of the first things she asked was if I was a brickmaster, so if you are, I'm sure you'll have no problem.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, it worked out okay. The coupon was good, and I'm glad you posted it. Her excuse was the Lego changed their computer system, had new coupons, and so it was not reading the old coupons. She gave me the credit back quite easily.

But really, thanks for posting about your situation....if I didn't read about yours, I wouldn't have thought to check my credit card statement. Lego rubbed me the wrong way with this coupon...they should have notified me or something if they were going to take out the coupon. Sheesh! But everything worked out....thanks!

Btw, my lady did not ask about Brickmaster at all.

ELGO did the same thing to me i nthe fall.

Brickset had a $10 off $100 coupon, so I got it and when they sent an email days later they had the extra $10 on it! So I had to call up the clueless people and they finally fixed it.

LEGO S@H isn't the company it once was.

S@H has Peril in Peru available but is backordered until August. Still $35. I used bscd28 and it took $5 off without screwing up the clearance price. I hope this isn't the coupon you guys were having trouble with. I might stop by a Lego store later to see if they have restocked any of the clearance sets.

[quote name='180husher']S@H has Peril in Peru available but is backordered until August. Still $35. I used bscd28 and it took $5 off without screwing up the clearance price. I hope this isn't the coupon you guys were having trouble with. I might stop by a Lego store later to see if they have restocked any of the clearance sets.[/QUOTE]

Just remember to check your CC statement and see how much you actually get charged.

So a couple of weeks ago I bought a big Dell box full of Lego from this kid on craigslist. He listed it for $50, but I was able to get it for $30. The pieces were pretty dirty, so I used the "two bucket system" and soaked them in a bucket full of water with dawn and then transferred them over to the clean water side. After about 2 weeks of soaking and some scrubbing, I finally got them clean.

I went through the pieces and peeron and found out these are some of the sets I think I have plus some aqua raiders and some other sets I can't figure out. I also found some pieces from like the 1950's with a different Lego logo on the studs. Pretty cool to see how they've changed.

6105 Medieval Knights
6044 King's Carriage
6596 Wave Master
6280 Armada Flagship
6769 Fort LEGOREDO
6856 Planetary Decoder
1737 Scorpion Detector
6545 Search N' Rescue
2151 Robo Raider
7140 X-wing Fighter

It'll be fun to try to put the sets together and see how many of them are close to complete. I put the Wave Master together and was surprised to see it was 100% including the stickers. I already know I'm missing a wing from the X-Wing and some walls from the Fort though.

So any of the sets that were 60% off at Fred Meyer last week went on clearance this week. At my store this means that they took about 20% off the original price and then give an additional 60% off of that price. Only one set at my store left picked up

Creator 4994 Fierce Creatures - $4.15

193 pieces for $4 seemed good. I think they did not put out the set for the prior sale for some reason because there were about 10 or so left of that one but no other clearance Legos. Lots of other toys just went to clearance so check out Transformers or GI Joes if you are into that as well.

Thanks Ackbar for the info....I sent my mom in last week, and she ended up buying regular priced legos with some 10% off coupon, thinking they were the clearanced ones. Lol!! Is there not a price checker in FM?

Anyways, we got our Brickmaster magazine...another 2 coupons: B715 AND B804. First one expires in sept 30, 09, and the 2nd expires on 11/01/09. So, I guess that lady was right...that they did change the codes. It does say for Brickmasters only....so ymmv.

So, you should check your order husher, because I have a feeling that coupon may not go through for you either. This time I'm going to save the screen shots....can't resist buying 1 more Peril in Peru. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cutiepatootie']Thanks Ackbar for the info....I sent my mom in last week, and she ended up buying regular priced legos with some 10% off coupon, thinking they were the clearanced ones. Lol!! Is there not a price checker in FM?

Anyways, we got our Brickmaster magazine...another 2 coupons: B715 AND B804. First one expires in sept 30, 09, and the 2nd expires on 11/01/09. So, I guess that lady was right...that they did change the codes. It does say for Brickmasters only....so ymmv.

So, you should check your order husher, because I have a feeling that coupon may not go through for you either. This time I'm going to save the screen shots....can't resist buying 1 more Peril in Peru. :)

Finally, long shot here, but does anyone have a coupon for BMW repair....from any certified BMW dealership (they'll honor any-expired, printed, etc).....my aging car broke down, and they want 2200.00 to fix it...WAAAAH.[/QUOTE]

I've got two emails with the price showing as $29.98 ($34.98-5.00) so we will see.

Stopped by the Lego store today but Peril in Peru was still $50. Only good deal they had was the Creator Ferry Transport for $49.

Also noticed that some Targets have started redoing their Lego sections and putting in new sets. I noticed that the Ewok one was priced at $89 I think which is $10 cheaper than it should have been. I didn't actually scan it to confirm the price though, so take it with a grain of salt. They also put up a display for Mega Bloks Halo toys...I would've bought Halo Legos in a heartbeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Target just dropped from 30% to 75%. And I just happened to be there this morning and got:

Indiana Jones Temple Escape (X 2) $15
Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull (X 2) $20
Bionicle Rockoh T3 $10
Crawler Crane $15

They had piles and piles of the IJ sets, but I'm sure they'll be gone quick!

[quote name='ackbar7']Another Fred Meyer Lego deal. For those of you with FMs around and don't just want the older stuff all of their Lego sets are 20% off. And Fred Meyer usually doesn't mark things up above MSRP, but the IJ Shanghai Chase is "50% off" down to 24.99. Not sure what happened to their pricing on that one.[/QUOTE]

Yes. They charged $49.99 for a #$29.99 set, the only markup I've seen at FM. 20% isn't bad, I got a few sets during the B2G1 sale a few weeks ago. I might bit for a few at 20%.

[quote name='EvilIA']Yes. They charged $49.99 for a #$29.99 set, the only markup I've seen at FM. 20% isn't bad, I got a few sets during the B2G1 sale a few weeks ago. I might bit for a few at 20%.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have to admit to really liking the Space Police sets, and, if I didn't think my wife would kill me, I would get a couple of the smaller sets. Having just spent $100 on Home One though my wife just won't stand for me getting any more Legos. Though if I can find IJ Temple Escape at a Target for $15 I would not be able to pass it up.

[quote name='ackbar7']So any of the sets that were 60% off at Fred Meyer last week went on clearance this week. At my store this means that they took about 20% off the original price and then give an additional 60% off of that price. Only one set at my store left picked up

Creator 4994 Fierce Creatures - $4.15

193 pieces for $4 seemed good. I think they did not put out the set for the prior sale for some reason because there were about 10 or so left of that one but no other clearance Legos. Lots of other toys just went to clearance so check out Transformers or GI Joes if you are into that as well.[/QUOTE]

man, I'd buy 3-4 of those 4994's if they were at that price.

I'm going to check Targets tonight, but I'm very very very very very very very very doubtful they are clearencing anything

:cry:

[quote name='xycury']man, I'd buy 3-4 of those 4994's if they were at that price.
/QUOTE]
I did go back to get 3 more, liked the pieces and you just can't beat the price.

[quote name='yakkotank']My local Target just dropped from 30% to 75%. And I just happened to be there this morning and got:

Indiana Jones Temple Escape (X 2) $15
Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull (X 2) $20
Bionicle Rockoh T3 $10
Crawler Crane $15

They had piles and piles of the IJ sets, but I'm sure they'll be gone quick![/QUOTE]

Totally thanks for the heads up. I headed to target during lunch and was able to snag a crawler crane for $14.98. It seem that my target is sitting on a large amount of clearance toys at 75% off. It's almost like after christmas, there are so many.

Hmnn....I can't figure it out....my Target's only had Lego's clearanced to 50% off....and some of them, like the Lego v-19 was still at only 30% off. Oh well, I really shouldn't be complaining about only 50%. :) I got the crane, but paid 30.00 for it, so you guys that got it for 15.00 are lucky. :)

My store dropped to 50% off today too. Good news is that since some have seen prices go to 75% off, my store will eventually follow. A lot of other toys dropped to 75% off though, worth checking out if you have kids.

So I noticed that the local LEGO store was sold out of the Medieval Market Village set when I visited this evening, has anyone else near a LEGO store noticed stock of this particular set dwindling down? I decided to order a set, just in case it doesn't reappear in store but I'm curious if it's still fairly plentiful at other stores. I think this set will have some legs in the collectible secondary market, what do you guys think?

[quote name='etcrane']So I noticed that the local LEGO store was sold out of the Medieval Market Village set when I visited this evening, has anyone else near a LEGO store noticed stock of this particular set dwindling down? I decided to order a set, just in case it doesn't reappear in store but I'm curious if it's still fairly plentiful at other stores. I think this set will have some legs in the collectible secondary market, what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why it wouldn't have a massive secondary market mark-up after it's sold out. It's not as plentiful as most sets, and it's only available through Lego Stores or S@H (or Walmart.com for that brief period of time). Combine that with the uniqueness of the set, with a lot of great mini-figs, and the fantastic piece to price ratio, and you've got a pretty desireable set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back