LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cutiepatootie']Hey guys, I just looked at the TRU BF ad, and all I saw was the Twilight. I didn't see the other 2 in the ad. Am I missing something here? Are those a last minute, secret release type deal?? Already planning my BF nightmare.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where my paper is, but is it the ad that came in the Sunday paper? Because that's not a BF ad.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't know where my paper is, but is it the ad that came in the Sunday paper? Because that's not a BF ad.[/QUOTE]

NVM...I found it. I didn't realize they were on page 2 and 3. :)

[quote name='180husher']God I hope the pictures he's talking about are from Lego Kidsfest and not the end of the date.:pray:

On a much different note, Target put a few more Lego sets on clearance this week. The three I saw at my local store are:

#7197 Venice Canal Chase $39.99 down 30% to $27.98 DCPI=204-00-0264

#6241 Loot Island $19.99 down 30% to $13.98 DCPI=204-00-0828

#6743 Street Speeder $12.99 down 30% to $9.xx

I can't verify these at any other stores as I just visited my local one today. I was really surprised to see additional sets clearanced as the previous three just hit 50% off this week too. Good to see these sets start at 30% off whichs means they'll hit 75% off in the system eventually. Let us know if you guys see anything different at your stores.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm those prices - visited a handful of Targets this weekend and saw the same.

[quote name='skiizim']Garage Sales and CraigsList but those need a lot of time invested in them. If you want complete sets your more than likely have to go through Ebay.[/QUOTE]
I agree that garage sales and craigslist are one of the best ways to get older LEGO sets, but since they're sold in bulk by the pound it can take some time getting all the pieces together. I check Craigslist almost every day and hit garage sales almost every weekend.

Your next place to be is to check out bricklink.com or eBay. I've found that some things are cheaper on bricklink than eBay and vice versa. It all depends what you're looking for.

I noticed that alot of people on Ebay and at Bricklink open up the boxes, take out the minifigs and weapons (even build the set once) then try to sell them as "incomplete but new". What about that whole scenario makes it new? I used to sell video games on Ebay and Half.com and always a new listing to me was "unopened". It always pissed me off when people would list "New game only played a few times" or the classic " opened to check for quality". Anyway enough of my rant, I'll try Target for those clearance sets.............

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matsumoto11756']I noticed that alot of people on Ebay and at Bricklink open up the boxes, take out the minifigs and weapons (even build the set once) then try to sell them as "incomplete but new". What about that whole scenario makes it new? I used to sell video games on Ebay and Half.com and always a new listing to me was "unopened". It always pissed me off when people would list "New game only played a few times" or the classic " opened to check for quality". Anyway enough of my rant, I'll try Target for those clearance sets.............[/QUOTE]

You have more or less pinpointed why I'm done with eBay. That kind of shit happens constantly and eBay does absolutely nothing to curb it. Looking for games in mint condition takes so much longer than it used to because you have to be a damn detective in order to filter out the bullshit and discover what the seller is actually offering.

> LEGO® Shop Black Friday Offers!
>
> The year’s busiest shopping days are lurking and we here at LEGO Shop want
> to help you make the most of them. To do that, we will be offering consumers
> three special offers ($10 off $100, $20 off $200, and $30 off $300) November
> 27-30 all of which also qualify for Free Standard Shipping! All offers are
> automatically applied in the shopping cart on qualifying orders.
>
> Additional Sales & Deals!
> While They Last
> We will also be adding 33 new items to our Sales & Deals section on November
> 27th. The majority of these items will make great stocking stuffers to top
> off the perfect LEGO gift this holiday season. Notable items include the
> Pirates Magnet Set (852453), Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 1 (852331),
> and Storm Trooper Magnet Set (852553).

Figured they would run that same promo again. I wonder when those "33 new items" will be added to the Sales & Deals section on November 27th? Early in the day?

If anyone is interested, I still have my star wars lego sets for sale. It comes with the box and instructions(everything that came from the store is there). I built them and used them as displays now they are back in the boxes collecting dust. Send me a PM or reply here and let me know. I'll sell them way below the ebay gouging prices, you get a good deal on legos and I get some money for more christmas presents that I will need to pick up soon.

[quote name='Halo05']You have more or less pinpointed why I'm done with eBay. That kind of shit happens constantly and eBay does absolutely nothing to curb it. Looking for games in mint condition takes so much longer than it used to because you have to be a damn detective in order to filter out the bullshit and discover what the seller is actually offering.[/QUOTE]

I was at TrU the other day looking and a mom was yelling at her kid to NOT buy the Spider Droid because she could go on Ebay and buy Commander Fox cheaper than the cost of the set. These are the people keeping Ebay afloat.

[quote name='xycury']
> Additional Sales & Deals!
> While They Last
> We will also be adding 33 new items to our Sales & Deals section on November
> 27th. The majority of these items will make great stocking stuffers to top
> off the perfect LEGO gift this holiday season. Notable items include the
> Pirates Magnet Set (852453), Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 1 (852331),
> and Storm Trooper Magnet Set (852553).[/QUOTE]

So magnets are the big thing this year. :roll:

Took them MONTHS to add new things and magnets are what they are bragging about?! Magnets that are made in China and are complete shit?! Wow! What a great thing to talk about!

[quote name='bigdaddy']So magnets are the big thing this year. :roll:

Took them MONTHS to add new things and magnets are what they are bragging about?! Magnets that are made in China and are complete shit?! Wow! What a great thing to talk about![/QUOTE]

Don't shoot the messenger :whistle2:#

This was from an afflilate email for the upcoming sales that my wife works in.

I don't know when they'll be included, so I'm staying up to see if they hit midnight or whenever....

[quote name='jhamlett']I was at TrU the other day looking and a mom was yelling at her kid to NOT buy the Spider Droid because she could go on Ebay and buy Commander Fox cheaper than the cost of the set. These are the people keeping Ebay afloat.[/QUOTE]

Hope this isn't too OT, but I wanted to respond. I had a similar situation with my 7 year old. He really wanted the 7676 Republic Attack Gunship and even saved up the $120. When I asked him what he liked about the kit, he said he wanted the Commander Cody minifig. I explained that he could save himself $105 by buying Commander Cody minifig for $15 on ebay (instead of buying the Republic Attack Gunship for $120).

He never bought the auction, and realized it was foolish to buy 1 minifig for $15 or buy an entire set for 1 minifig. There is just a different mindset when dealing with kids.

[quote name='xycury']Don't shoot the messenger :whistle2:#

This was from an afflilate email for the upcoming sales that my wife works in.

I don't know when they'll be included, so I'm staying up to see if they hit midnight or whenever....[/QUOTE]

I'm not, I'm making fun of LEGO for having magnets be the big part of their email. :lol:

Five of the sets will be magnets, 25 sets will be Duplo, one set will be some useless thing that no one understands, and 2 sets will be decent and sell out in 5 minutes. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']2 sets will be decent and sell out in 5 minutes. :lol:[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm worried about. And the fact that the Dwarf Battle Pack is "Sold Out" only days before this promo. Chances are not too good of them getting more in stock.

That might not be part of the sale. LEGO also keeps some sets to sell on sale. I have seen things sold out, then go on sale, then sold out again, then come back for awhile at normal price.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Was the Pirates Advent Calendar only released outside of the U.S.? Where can I find it?[/QUOTE]

Only sold in EU, unless your planning a trip there. (Which just reminded me Mother-In-Law is in Germany as we speak) Your best bet would be Ebay but be prepared to spend $45+ on it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm not, I'm making fun of LEGO for having magnets be the big part of their email. :lol:

Five of the sets will be magnets, 25 sets will be Duplo, one set will be some useless thing that no one understands, and 2 sets will be decent and sell out in 5 minutes. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Just curious. Is that a guess or is that information posted somewhere?

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Just curious. Is that a guess or is that information posted somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I'm betting guess, unless we have an inside man.

I got the info from an affliate.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Just curious. Is that a guess or is that information posted somewhere?[/QUOTE]

It's not a guess, it's a joke that will most likely be the sad sad truth.

Thank god. You all can rag on the SW sets if you want but they had exponentially more character and compatibility than those awful Bionicle abominations.

[quote name='bigdaddy']YES!!!

IT'S A GOOD DAY IN LEGOLAND!

BIONICLE IS ENDING!!!

My 10 year old son was into these a few years back and I could never understand why. I couldn't tell if they were robots or funky skeletal aliens or what. He is now into regular legos which are much cooler and his 4 year old brother loves the minifigs. I kind of wish Lego sold large sets of just minifigs. I saw the "City Workers" educational set but a military or Star Wars set with just a good amount of minifigs would be cool. I think they would sell a boatload of those.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']My 10 year old son was into these a few years back and I could never understand why. I couldn't tell if they were robots or funky skeletal aliens or what. He is now into regular legos which are much cooler and his 4 year old brother loves the minifigs. I kind of wish Lego sold large sets of just minifigs. I saw the "City Workers" educational set but a military or Star Wars set with just a good amount of minifigs would be cool. I think they would sell a boatload of those.[/QUOTE]

LEGO knows that many people just want the unique minifigs, and avoid selling those separately (for the most part) to help drive sales of the larger sets since there's no other way to obtain those figs at retail.

I see what you mean about the unique minifigs and even some of the sets are cool but if they offered a 10 pack of clone/storm troopers or rebel troops to supplement the bigger sets (like other toy-manufacturers) they would still rake in the dough. They sell them separetely at the B+M Lego store in Orlando.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']I see what you mean about the unique minifigs and even some of the sets are cool but if they offered a 10 pack of clone/storm troopers or rebel troops to supplement the bigger sets (like other toy-manufacturers) they would still rake in the dough. They sell them separetely at the B+M Lego store in Orlando.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think LEGO makes the Star Wars battlepacks? To make an army for cheap. 4 minifigures with pieces for $10 is cheap.

LEGO legally can't sell a bunch of Star Wars minifigures only, Habro already sued them for that.

[quote name='bigdaddy']YES!!!

IT'S A GOOD DAY IN LEGOLAND!

BIONICLE IS ENDING!!!

http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=4419[/QUOTE]

Wait for it....

[quote name='bigdaddy']To be far Bionicle will most likely be replaced by something even worse. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The LEGO Group will debut a new, more flexible buildable figure property created by the same people who brought you BIONICLE. At the same time, we are also expanding the category to appeal to a younger audience through an established third-party property, starting in January.

.... And there you go folks... what was good news is still bad news. Bionicle v2.0 and Duplo Bionicle.

For cripes sakes, they have to understand it's not worth it. when they have a direct price reduction lasting forever, that it's just not worth making anymore. The sets that were suppose to be $12, never made it and it's found for $10, everywhere!!!

Just let it DIE.

The only one good thing that came from bionicle.... was ball joints. That's it. Heavily used in Exo-Force and new the Agents mech, PM Crystal King & Water Mech.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']I see what you mean about the unique minifigs and even some of the sets are cool but if they offered a 10 pack of clone/storm troopers or rebel troops to supplement the bigger sets (like other toy-manufacturers) they would still rake in the dough. They sell them separetely at the B+M Lego store in Orlando.[/QUOTE]

They did have the sets that did contain troopers and robots, but it included a small little flight craft for both, not too bad.

I really like the Battle packs that they made for Castle/Dwarves/Trolls/Skellies and now Pirates. I'm really hoping they continue with Space police and Power Miners. They are making one for Toy Story I think, but not sure if they are labeling the Toy soldiers as a battle pack or just a individual set.

The biggest draws to minifigs were like the Castle chess which is insanely expensive, and now they have one for Pirates.

"At the same time, we are also expanding the category to appeal to a younger audience through an established third-party property, starting in January. "

Sounds like Ben-10 to me...

[quote name='xycury']Wait for it....
The only one good thing that came from bionicle.... was ball joints. That's it. Heavily used in Exo-Force and new the Agents mech, PM Crystal King & Water Mech.

[/QUOTE]

I actually hate those, there is a better piece that has studs that does the same thing.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I want a couple of cool Bionicles for cheap... Know any good deals?[/QUOTE]

I think you would need LEGO to design some cool Bionicles first. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I actually hate those, there is a better piece that has studs that does the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Which piece is that?

[quote name='Greyman7']Sounds like Ben-10 to me...[/QUOTE]

You must be right. I just looked up the Ben-10 LEGOs. They are worse than Bionicle. I can't think of how to use any of the Ben-10 pieces at all. They look like action figures that you can disconnect at the joints: the end.

Anyone have details about Black Friday for the LEGO store? I read on the site that you can get 10% - 50% off your purchase, but is it going to be a scratch card like last year? And according to the site, you won't know how much you're getting off until you're at the register. Last year, they handed out the cards in the front so you can gauge how much you want to buy.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Anyone have details about Black Friday for the LEGO store? I read on the site that you can get 10% - 50% off your purchase, but is it going to be a scratch card like last year? And according to the site, you won't know how much you're getting off until you're at the register. Last year, they handed out the cards in the front so you can gauge how much you want to buy.[/QUOTE]

I have the same question. Also, has anyone on here in the past, gotten the 40% off or 50% off Legos? Also, was there a cap limit? Son wants the dang Millenium Falcon.....

They were supposed to give you the cards at the registrar last year too, guess not everyone listened. :lol:

And Ben 10 is being called Duplo Bionicle. :)

[quote name='donniedroc']So, TRU has the SW Twilight for $59.99 as a doorbuster tonight...anyone have any thoughts on this set? Is it worth even $60?[/QUOTE]

We got it from a Lego store for $50. Its pretty big with tons of gray pieces. My 4 year old prefers to play with the smaller ships as its easier for him to pick and fly around with.

Also noticed that Borders has an in store deal that if you buy $20 worth of toys or games you get $10 off your total. Should work with Legos and doesn't require a coupon. Now if they have Legos left over, that's another matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donniedroc']So, TRU has the SW Twilight for $59.99 as a doorbuster tonight...anyone have any thoughts on this set? Is it worth even $60?[/QUOTE]
It's not a bad deal especially if you can use the pieces for another things like MOCs and such. The minifigs that come with the set are OK. I think the better deal at TRU is the Agents Command Center. Since I'm going to TRU at midnight for some other things I want to pick up that's a deal from their Black Friday ad I'll pick up the Command Center if I see one on the shelf. I went in last night to check inventory and I saw at least 10 set of each.

I hope the $10 of $20 toy deal works with LEGOs. The email didn't say for only specific toys so I'm hitting Borders after I'm done with all the other stores.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']It's not a bad deal especially if you can use the pieces for another things like MOCs and such. The minifigs that come with the set are OK. I think the better deal at TRU is the Agents Command Center. Since I'm going to TRU at midnight for some other things I want to pick up that's a deal from their Black Friday ad I'll pick up the Command Center if I see one on the shelf. I went in last night to check inventory and I saw at least 10 set of each.

I hope the $10 of $20 toy deal works with LEGOs. The email didn't say for only specific toys so I'm hitting Borders after I'm done with all the other stores.[/QUOTE]

they are actually open at midnight? I did not know that.

Maybe convice the wife to let me go!

I'd like that command center also.

Hey guys,

I just read elsewhere that TRU and BRU accepts bed, bath, beyond coupons....they honor them. I wonder if we can use them on the legos. :)

Would be a steal if they would honor them on top of the BF deals.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Hey guys,

I just read elsewhere that TRU and BRU accepts bed, bath, beyond coupons....they honor them. I wonder if we can use them on the legos. :)

Would be a steal if they would honor them on top of the BF deals.[/QUOTE]
I really doubt that, but try it out and report back here on what kind or response you received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back