LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='postureking']I'm bored at work and wanted to bump the thread. I got the Toy Story RC set and really like the RC. It has some oomph to it - wind it back and it'll speed across even carpet. The Woody minifig is way too tall, but I like the Buzz. And the Army men set is nice as well. I'm hoping that other Pixar movies get the Lego treatment - my son is on a Cars kick right now and that would be cool.[/QUOTE]

You're in luck, sort of... Cars is supposed to be coming out in June, but for the Duplo line.

[quote name='encendido5']You're in luck, sort of... Cars is supposed to be coming out in June, but for the Duplo line.[/QUOTE]

Which really is disappointing because I don't think LEGO realizes how many 8ish year olds like the movie, never mind adults. It could have been a really cool Creator / Racer spin off type of line.

Also Cars 2 comes out next year along with an other Pixar movie, which will be the first time ever two Pixar movies are released in the same year.

I just find it odd how Megablocks has the Thomas the Tank Engine license now, and Lego has the Cars license. Also curious if we might get some Marvel sets again in the near future now that they're owned by Disney. Maybe some to coincide with the Avengers movie?

Didn't know about the Duplo Cars line - not very excited about that. It would be cool to get new Marvel sets, X-Men in particular. Now that I see all the first 2010 sets in store, none really excite me. I am interested in the throwback Castle sets - hope to see some of the Forestmen sets come back. That and Pirates were my fave sets growing up.

[quote name='bigdaddy']TRU has 10% off Atlantis sets!!!!! That means the sets are now only 20% overpriced!!! :)[/QUOTE]

I was at TRU yesterday and they had the Impulse sets at MSRP... it was like an alternate dimension or something....

I wonder if I should go back and get my .35 cents back.... I bought a few...

I got back into LEGO a few month ago and since then have been salivating over some of the clearance deals you guys find. I'd never found a single one (partly because I live in NYC, with no Wal-Marts or Targets to speak of). Today, while visiting family in the suburbs, I stopped off at a Super Wal-Mart and finally lucked out:

Creator: Street Speeder $5.00 (got 3 of these)
Creator: Race Rider $13.00 (got 2 of these)
Agents: Gold Tooth's Getaway $5.00 (not into this Theme but got it on a whim)

They had multiples of all of these. I only build MOCs and these Creator sets seem to have lots of good pieces for making larger models.

Hey,

Great thread topic :)

My kid and I use 'Lego Mindstorms' for competitions.

Anyway, if you live in the NYC area...there are a chain of stores called 'Unique Thrift Store.' I think they have other locations around the US.

http://www.uniquethriftstore.com/

Four random Lego sets for 15 dollars, free shipping. Ends in 21 hours.

http://www.shnoop.com/

Grabbed one, tempted to buy more but knowing my luck it's not worth it. Also since the cheapest Lego sets are $5 or so it's practically impossible to get screwed on this.

[quote name='DillDough']Four random Lego sets for 15 dollars, free shipping. Ends in 21 hours.

http://www.shnoop.com/

Grabbed one, tempted to buy more but knowing my luck it's not worth it. Also since the cheapest Lego sets are $5 or so it's practically impossible to get screwed on this.[/QUOTE]

Actually Bionicle is pretty worthless, so more than 1 and you might be boned.

I went for it though, since it was free shipping. Kinda exciting.

I have a local deal for those in San Diego, hope it helps somebody here. The Toy Town in the Plaza Bonita mall is closing, and their entire stock is currently at 30% off. They have a pretty good selection of Lego sets there, I'd say it's roughly half the size of a Target's Lego aisle. I was kind of in a rush so I can't remember exactly what they had left, but there were City, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Creator, and various Bionicle sets. I'm not sure if they're going to go lower than 30% in the next couple of weeks, but it could be worth it to chance a wait.

BTW, they close on the 18th.

I guess Canada is a bit behind on some of those sets.

I do like the Arc Starfighter and the Hoth play set is ok, if only for the snow speeder.

Most of them are new, I think they might just be showing off the whole line for the year besides any special sets we might get.

Don't really know if this is a great deal, but I was at TRU tonight, and those Constructor holiday kits (the Christmas tree and the snowman) were marked at $3.50. I was looking for something to burn a $5 giftcard on, so I figured what the hell. My fiancee and I like unique things to put on the tree. Well, they actually rang up like $2 each, so I got them both and didn't have to spend anything out of pocket.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Don't really know if this is a great deal, but I was at TRU tonight, and those Constructor holiday kits (the Christmas tree and the snowman) were marked at $3.50. I was looking for something to burn a $5 giftcard on, so I figured what the hell. My fiancee and I like unique things to put on the tree. Well, they actually rang up like $2 each, so I got them both and didn't have to spend anything out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

probably lumped in the holiday clearence. I'll see if my TRU has any, I'm sure the wife would want one or two...

Yeah, I guess we can't all be cool like Bigdaddy and hate the rerelease of a new Slave 1 with a more detailed Boba Fett and the first Bossk minifig ever ;-p

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah, I guess we can't all be cool like Bigdaddy and hate the rerelease of a new Slave 1 with a more detailed Boba Fett and the first Bossk minifig ever ;-p[/QUOTE]

:speaktothehand:

Oh yeah! You are soooooooo cool! You will spend $60 on two little pieces of plastic! That is so cool man! :p

Star Wars as a hole is a joke, in 2 years when LEGO has a new license agreement for Star Wars and another release of the Slave one comes out with a Boba Fett that has printing on the back of his legs will you be spending $100 for that? :lol:

LEGO ran out of sets to make a long time ago, so now they are remaking all the sets for The Clone Wars with different heads! That's so worth it!

I have the first Slave One and it is still the best, it was $20 and it looks like it's built with LEGOs. :p

Atlanis bases....

http://krisabel.ctv.ca/post/2010-LEGO-Canada-Preview-Atlantis_subP.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang... I didn't think I would like the new Kingdoms line, but it looks awesome.

I don't like the wheels on the new Turbo Tank. I thought I would buy one since I sold the incomplete one I had from 2005, but I'm not sure if I will.

Do you guys do MOC's or just build the sets you buy? I want to start building MOC's, but I don't think I'm creative enough. Lately, I've been trying to put together old sets from that big bin full of Lego I bought last year though. I'll see if I can get some pictures up of the stuff I've sorted out so far.

wow, I'm loving Kingdoms... it's epic. I thought it was going for a more plain look but the detailing of the pieces is awesome.

I love the Atlantis Base too, and the Sub station base also... The new scorpion looks neat!

Looks like Space Police gets another alien meance, can't tell from the pic though. Should be around $40 though for it. :(

As for Mocs, I haven't started much, but have built some. Finding the time to do so....

I always thought of looking at a Lego set, and seeing what I could improve on it... figured that might be an interesting Blog to write about.

Like...Exo-Forces empty backs

I love Star Wars (I know shocking) but I have to agree with bigdaddy on this. They occasionally come up with new SW sets I want, like Home 1, but re-releasing Vader's Tie Fighter and Slave 1 a whole bunch of times is not that cool. I don't think it hurts the LEGO line as a whole, but I don't line up to get every new slight variation on something I already have.
And there is no doubt that the first Slave 1 is best. Fett with the old school LEGO space blaster is awesome.

[quote name='bigdaddy']:speaktothehand:

Oh yeah! You are soooooooo cool! You will spend $60 on two little pieces of plastic! That is so cool man! :p

[/QUOTE]

Says the most frequent poster on the LEGO thread ... which is basically about spending $$ on little pieces of plastic ;-p

Not to mention ... I'm sorry, but we all weren't cool enough to buy Slave 1 the first and second time it was released ... so god forbid someone might buy it this time around ;)

PS. BTW, you aren't speaking of 7144 are you? Because that looks absolutely awful ;)

PPS. Now that the shit talking is out of the way ;) ... I'm rather curious about the new World Racers line ... too bad LEGO doesn't want to add a bit of an edge, as they almost have that Mad Max / Road Warrior feel to them ... we just need some spikes on the front and perhaps a zombie minifig to tack on there

[quote name='xycury']As for Mocs, I haven't started much, but have built some. Finding the time to do so....

I always thought of looking at a Lego set, and seeing what I could improve on it... figured that might be an interesting Blog to write about.

Like...Exo-Forces empty backs[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing that with the King's Castle Siege since I have managed to get two of them. I would build a gatehouse, fix the weird small tower in the back, put in stairs to the throne room. I just haven't had the time with video games, work, and life :)

Walmart.com 20% cashback is still running. I wanted to get some lego sets, but I can't find any of the ones I wanted in stock anymore.

[quote name='gunm']Walmart.com 20% cashback is still running. I wanted to get some lego sets, but I can't find any of the ones I wanted in stock anymore.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. I was really hoping they'd have Fire Brigade in stock, but nope.

Anyway, Lego Kingdoms does look awesome. Even better that I had originally thought. It will make the loss of the Fantasy theme more bearable.

[quote name='bigdaddy']All the pictures....

Got to love Toy Fairs....

http://krisabel.ctv.ca/post/A-Previ...010-From-Board-Games-To-Prince-Of-Persia.aspx[/QUOTE]

Awesome, another mobile crane. I might actually get this one, but it does seem to have about 600 less pieces.

[quote name='gunm']Walmart.com 20% cashback is still running. I wanted to get some lego sets, but I can't find any of the ones I wanted in stock anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about getting the Green Grocer. It's pretty expensive for just a single building, but on the other hand if I don't get it now the price will soon double as it did with the Corner Cafe. It's also probably one of the few sets, besides Emerald Night and the Imperial Flagship, to awe me with the detail.

[quote name='DillDough']I'm thinking about getting the Green Grocer. It's pretty expensive for just a single building, but on the other hand if I don't get it now the price will soon double as it did with the Corner Cafe. It's also probably one of the few sets, besides Emerald Night and the Imperial Flagship, to awe me with the detail.[/QUOTE]

Get it. You won't regret it. It is hands-down the coolest LEGO set I've ever built.

Also, regarding the toy fair pics: LEGO WAMPA FTW.

[quote name='Tybee']Get it. You won't regret it. It is hands-down the coolest LEGO set I've ever built.

Also, regarding the toy fair pics: LEGO WAMPA FTW.[/QUOTE]

Too late now, it sold out overnight. Worst part is that I was going to buy it, but I didn't have enough credit left.

Wanna know something funny? They also raised my credit limit overnight, too...

[quote name='DillDough']Too late now, it sold out overnight. Worst part is that I was going to buy it, but I didn't have enough credit left.

Wanna know something funny? They also raised my credit limit overnight, too...[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, dude. But keep your eyes peeled. My wife was killing herself trying to find the discontinued Cafe Corner for me for Christmas, sold out everywhere, then LEGO store had some. Not only that, but a few weeks later they were clearancing them for like 35% off. So you never know.

^ Cafe Corner actually never sold for the price online.

Was at a Walmart, they had some ripped apart box of a Racer set for $35, normally $70. I got the Castle Drawbridge for $19.

Bingo, your comment about the kid with the 2-inch toy gun made me lol :lol:

I went to Target today and they had the King's Chariot for $17, 15% off. It was the last one there, so I figured I should buy it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ Cafe Corner actually never sold for the price online.

Was at a Walmart, they had some ripped apart box of a Racer set for $35, normally $70. I also got the Castle Drawbridge for $19.[/QUOTE]

Aw man... 19 for the drawbridge!

I seen it for 15% at Target, but they had like 2... I don't think it's going to last long. :(

Here are some pics of that random box I sorted. There are still a bunch of pieces left, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what sets they belong to. I also haven't decided if I want to keep them or sell/trade them. And if I do keep them, do I spend the money on bricklink to complete them? The only one I'm sort of attached to is the Fort Legoredo because I don't have any other Western themed sets.

I spent a couple of weeks last year washing the parts to get them clean. Magic Eraser is great to get those white parts back to decent condition. There's nothing you can do about the yellowing though. I also used some Meguiar's Scratch X to get rid of the scratches on the clear pieces.

Anyway, here are the pics. They're all missing a few pieces, especially the flagship.

7140 X-Wing Fighter - Missing a wing
4335053362_052c3d485a.jpg

6769 Fort Legoredo - Missing a bunch of parts to make the last wall
4334312009_b5580deaa7.jpg

6044 King's Carriage & 6056 Dragon Wagon
4335053794_0c6f755859.jpg

6267 Lagoon Lock-Up & 6245 Harbor Sentry
4334312469_3c26188bdf.jpg

6280 Armada Flagship - Missing the middle boat section but I managed to build one out of some of the other white bricks in the box.
4334312839_9159557cfe.jpg

1890 Octan Racer
4334313243_7f93167985.jpg

That's pretty awesome. Even missing a lot of pieces those sets are old and the minifigures alone would be worth the price.

You might as well keep them. The only one that would actually be worth selling is the 6267 Lagoon Lock-Up since it seems complete and it should net you a bit over $30 on bricklink.

The 6280 Armada Flagship and 6769 Fort Legoredo seem to both go for about $70, but you would still have to complete the sets, so that will definitely decrease your profit.

Hi everyone, first time on this thread only because I was browsing through the forums. Interesting topic as my son loves legos. He has the airport, city corner, boat harbor, cargo and passenger airplane, passenger and cargo train, police and fire station, farm, and a few smaller pieces. He's mostly into the city-type legos. Hope to find some deals from all of you!

Found a Crystal Skull Temple at the Goodwill store yesterday for $15...the box was water-damaged but it had all the bags of pieces, stickers, and base plate. Never opened the one we got from Walmart last year. Neat base plate...can use it for background for the train set. Built it today since we currently have about 30 inches of snow!!!

Is Fort Legoredo the one with the "dynamite" wall that the prisoners can escape from? I had tons of the Western sets.The prison cell with the dynamite brick that would break open the cell wall is what I remember most about the western sets. Now all my legos are in a big rubbermaid container just sitting.

My local Kmart added some sets to their clearance since they just now got 2010 sets in. The clearanced sets were Star Wars Rogue Shadow, Agents River Heist, some Bionicle, and City Minifigure collections, each for around 20% off retail.

Not the greatest deal, but KMart sometimes have their 20/50% off all clearance sets sale, so if your store has sets, you may want to check back every Sunday or so to run a price check.

Picked up the Dozer (7685) at Walmart today for $19 (clearance). The treads suck because it just kind of slides along the surface.

Also saw a big Castle set on clearance at Target today, I think it was the Troll Fortress for $84.98 (15% off).

I have no issues with the treads, but I use them on carpet.

Also, I stopped by our official lego store today and saw that they still had a lot of clearance items left. Most weren't particularly great deals or very desirable sets, but I ended up getting a IJ Kingdom of the Crystal Skull set 7625 for about $11 (50% of list, but yes things are priced higher over here in Hawaii). They had mostly IJ and Power Miners, but they also had Dwarf, Troll, and Pirate minifig packs for 25% off (still too high for me). Do they continue to mark down red tag items if they don't sell?

I saw the Crawler Crane (7632) at my local walmart on clearance for $30 box is slightly beat up but not opened. How good of a deal is this?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Is Fort Legoredo the one with the "dynamite" wall that the prisoners can escape from? I had tons of the Western sets.The prison cell with the dynamite brick that would break open the cell wall is what I remember most about the western sets. Now all my legos are in a big rubbermaid container just sitting.[/QUOTE]

That was 6755-Sheriff's Lock-up. I still have that set and think it is in m top 3 favorite sets ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back