LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the minifigs at Borders today...$2.99 a pack.

Somebody figured out a better way to see what's in the pack instead of using the barcodes...they just opened them. There were 5 opened packs with the minifigs still inside. I guess they really wanted a zombie.

[quote name='dansoccerball']anyone know what kind of free stuff they are giving away at the lego creation challenge at toysrus today?[/QUOTE]

We got a free sticker sheet and the guy said we could keep whatever we built.

The pieces were not so good at the table my 3 year old daughter and I were at. She wanted a car so we found some tires and built what we could at the table. When some older kids moved off the other table when moved over there and found what we could including the mini fig and tool. Picture not too great.

IMG_3984-1.jpg

We had such fun and Sarah is really proud of her lego truck/boat that we built.

[quote name='dansoccerball']i would jump on this if i were you http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3799986&ab=TRU_HP%3AHotDeals%3A2%3A062010%3A20-off-these-Toy-Story-3-LEGO-sets

LEGO Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 Garbage Truck Getaway (7599) 36.99$ regularly 50$ pretty good[/QUOTE]

Do not forget your free poster. This is by far the best free poster I have ever seen. It says it retails for $19.99 and I believe it. It is 3D and on pretty heavy plasic, not the normal paper poster I was expecting.

We also got another movie ticket, I guess our local store had some left over.

[quote name='180husher']Saw the minifigs at Borders today...$2.99 a pack.

Somebody figured out a better way to see what's in the pack instead of using the barcodes...they just opened them. There were 5 opened packs with the minifigs still inside. I guess they really wanted a zombie.[/QUOTE]

There's a 40% off coupon floating around the net for Borders Rewards members, good through tomorrow.

I went tonight, got 8 of the blind packs @ 40% off (1.96 w/ tax). I went to Borders twice with 3 other people, so we had to check out 8 times in total, but the price was good.

Got Spaceman, Diver, Cheerleader, Clown, Sk8tr Boy, Luchadore, Forestman, and Ninja. I just compared all the barcodes on my packs to make sure I didn't get any duplicates.

May go back tomorrow for a few more. Still hoping for Adventurer/Cowboy, Indian, Robot, or Zombie.

Target has all the Toy Story LEGO sets on sale, sets that stood out for me include -

Pizza Planet Rescue - $33.99 (Target exclusive, so this is probably as good as it gets unless you want to risk it and wait for a clearance)

Lotso's Dump Truck - $14.99

[quote name='180husher']Saw the minifigs at Borders today...$2.99 a pack.

Somebody figured out a better way to see what's in the pack instead of using the barcodes...they just opened them. There were 5 opened packs with the minifigs still inside. I guess they really wanted a zombie.[/QUOTE]

well Borders had some... picked up 10 that I wanted... hated spending $30 but that's my only chance to see these guys ever.

[quote name='etcrane']Target has all the Toy Story LEGO sets on sale, sets that stood out for me include -

Pizza Planet Rescue - $33.99 (Target exclusive, so this is probably as good as it gets unless you want to risk it and wait for a clearance)

Lotso's Dump Truck - $14.99[/QUOTE]

TRU had them on sale and I went and bought Lotso's Dump Truck only because I had $5 reward bucks.... otherwise it would have been Target.

At least at Target I picked up the Lava Dragon game... seems like our Targets finally got them.

I'm not going to buy any of them at TRU, they are all marked up 20%.

So who has the better deal on the Toy Story sets this week - Target or Toys R Us? Looks like Lotso's Dump Truck is a buck cheaper at Target, but what about the train set, the big garbage truck set and the rest?

I think I might just pick up one of every Toy Story set tomorrow.

[quote name='karkyco']So who has the better deal on the Toy Story sets this week - Target or Toys R Us? Looks like Lotso's Dump Truck is a buck cheaper at Target, but what about the train set, the big garbage truck set and the rest?

I think I might just pick up one of every Toy Story set tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I think Target is slightly cheaper, but keep in mind that TRU has the garbage truck as an exclusive and Target has the Pizza Planet truck as an exclusive, both of which are probably the 2 best sets imo (unless you really like the train ... a bit too cartoony for me).

[quote name='karkyco']So who has the better deal on the Toy Story sets this week - Target or Toys R Us? Looks like Lotso's Dump Truck is a buck cheaper at Target, but what about the train set, the big garbage truck set and the rest?

i would order everything at target except these two sets on TRU the trash compactor and garbage truck getaway you will get free shipping also maybe even train

try ebay thats where i got mostly all m toy story sets
trash compactor 39.99 free shipping bing cashback too

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-TOY-STORY-...ultDomain_0&hash=item2a07dc1895#ht_500wt_1154

[quote name='iluvmywife']
Do not forget your free poster. This is by far the best free poster I have ever seen. It says it retails for $19.99 and I believe it. It is 3D and on pretty heavy plasic, not the normal paper poster I was expecting.
[/QUOTE]
What poster are you referring to?

[quote name='JAYMATIK']What poster are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

The free Poster at toysrus that was advertised in their ad. Spend $25.00 or more on Toy Story get a free poster.

[quote name='iluvmywife']The free Poster at toysrus that was advertised in their ad. Spend $25.00 or more on Toy Story get a free poster.[/QUOTE]

if i order online i cant get one though which i did? maybe if i took in the receipt?

The poster is outstanding. I got a couple of them this morning since I had to go to a different store for the Train set/garbage truck.

I decided to just pick up a bunch of the sets since they're on sale at both Target and Toys R Us, and build them with my daughter since I took her to see the movie over the weekend for Father's Day and she really enjoyed it. I already have the RC car set and a couple of the army men sets.

So today I got Woody's Roundup, Escape from Pizza Planet pick-up truck, the Dump Truck, and Build-a-Buzz Lightyear at Target.

At Toys R Us, I got the Train set and the Garbage truck. Spent a couple of bills but eh, I really want to start getting her Legos since we're missing two decades worth of sets.

I was tempted to get the Escape from the Trash Compactor set, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. I dig the fact it comes with two of the green aliens, but something about the set is just "meh".

The only other Toy Story sets (outside of Duplo ones, LOL) that I'm missing, I think, are the Buzz Lightyear Star Command ship set, and the Build-a-Zurg set which I don't know where to get. Isn't this an exclusive somewhere? Anyone know where - Lego store? Disney store? I could have sworn I've seen it somewhere.

[quote name='karkyco'].
The only other Toy Story sets (outside of Duplo ones, LOL) that I'm missing, I think, are the Buzz Lightyear Star Command ship set, and the Build-a-Zurg set which I don't know where to get. Isn't this an exclusive somewhere? Anyone know where - Lego store? Disney store? I could have sworn I've seen it somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I've seen that Zurg set at Wal-mart.

Your Entertainment Earth order has shipped!

I just got email that my ( 2 ) cases of Minifigures Series 1 Display Boxes shipped.

SWEET! :)

[quote name='karkyco']I decided to just pick up a bunch of the sets since they're on sale at both Target and Toys R Us, and build them with my daughter since I took her to see the movie over the weekend for Father's Day and she really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

We took our 20-month old son to see the movie yesterday and when we got home, I opened the Duplo Toy Story 3 Train set that I bought from TRU and that's all he is playing now. Thomas the train is being ignored. And he is getting a lot of play time with the Duplo minifigs (Woody, Buzz, and Jessie), something I haven't seen him doing with the other Duplo minifigs.

[quote name='karkyco']The only other Toy Story sets (outside of Duplo ones, LOL) that I'm missing, I think, are the Buzz Lightyear Star Command ship set, and the Build-a-Zurg set which I don't know where to get. Isn't this an exclusive somewhere? Anyone know where - Lego store? Disney store? I could have sworn I've seen it somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Build-a-Zurg is Wal-mart exclusive, so you can only find it there and in Lego stores.

[quote name='karkyco']What was it?[/QUOTE]

four 44 quart tubs of lego as well as 4 7 quart tubs and a single tub full of instructions. I hope someone on here got it.

[quote name='moop2001']four 44 quart tubs of lego as well as 4 7 quart tubs and a single tub full of instructions. I hope someone on here got it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty good lot for $75!

Last edited by a moderator:
Full display boxes are back in stock at entertainmentearth.com, as of right now, for $120.00.

I'm still waiting for Smartpost, the slowest delivery service known to man, to deliver mine.

[quote name='elsnerma']Full display boxes are back in stock at entertainmentearth.com, as of right now, for $120.00.

I'm still waiting for Smartpost, the slowest delivery service known to man, to deliver mine.[/QUOTE]

lol, seriously they are doing Smartpost? my god... it'll get here when they have Series 2 for sale.... :roll:

seems like they got some cancelations? otherwise the sets of 10 and even individual seemed to have sold out.

[quote name='xycury']lol, seriously they are doing Smartpost? my god... it'll get here when they have Series 2 for sale.... :roll:

seems like they got some cancelations? otherwise the sets of 10 and even individual seemed to have sold out.[/QUOTE]

Well, one of the cancellations was mine - after I found them at retail, I cancelled to avoid the extra $16 shipping fee. Also, they might have had some card declines - I know sold out stuff often shows back up at Sideshow Toys for that reason. I'm impressed that EE bumped the price back down.

I can confirm that EE is now shipping. My orders were shipped yesterday via FedEx Ground. Should arrive in 2 days!

[quote name='Animal7390']anyone know a cheap way to get this set http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/30070_Green_Alien_on_Spaceship[/QUOTE]

Probably not a cheap way, at least at the moment. Importing it sounds like your only option, but there are plenty of sets with the aliens in them that are currently on sale at TRU & Target this week. I guess it depends if you're looking at it as a collectible and want the full series, in which case you'd probably be willing to pay to import or grab it on eBay ... or if you just want parts / minifigs, I'd say that grabbing the Pizza Planet Truck is a far better value.

[quote name='Animal7390']actually found some minifigs at my toysrus today. if anyone needs any, let me know.[/QUOTE]

My TRU got one box in this morning. They imposed the 5 per day limit.
I wonder if there will be any thing good left by tomorrow.

At least my single box EE order shipped. BBTS still has not shipped and their Series 2 preorders are now sold out as well.

I would love to get my hands on a bunch of Toy Story green aliens too, but I don't want other Toy Story figures or sets. The little spaceship promo item would be great if it came to the states.

[quote name='freeorelse']Got the Lego City Police Headquarters for $49 today at WallyWorld.[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty sweet set. How did you get it for $49?

S@H just put up a bunch of new clearance items----aaaaand sold out. Would have liked to pick up a handful of Mine Mechs for $3 or a couple racers for 98 cents. Anyone know what time of day/day of the week LEGO resets their sale site? I've never been able to pin it down.

Damn, those alien sets are awesome. I'm sure they'll put them out here in the states eventually. And if you want two aliens, get the escape from the trash dump set...of course, all the figures in that set have "dirty" markings on them, including the two aliens.

I'll be happy to have my alien trifecta as soon as I get the Zurg set (1 from pizza planet pickup, 1 from Buzz, and 1 from Zurg).

But it would be nice to get something crazy like 50 of those alien sets and recreate THE CLAW, LOL.

[quote name='cassidyarch']S@H just put up a bunch of new clearance items----aaaaand sold out. Would have liked to pick up a handful of Mine Mechs for $3 or a couple racers for 98 cents. Anyone know what time of day/day of the week LEGO resets their sale site? I've never been able to pin it down.[/QUOTE]

I know the phone special used to be on Wednesday, I don't know if the web operates the same, but I suspect so.

[quote name='iluvmywife']That is a pretty sweet set. How did you get it for $49?[/QUOTE]
Guess it was one of those YMMV clearances. There was only 1 and it was on janitor buggy;)

Used the coupon and got Lego City Farm and Lego City Corner for $108 after tax. The Farm was $69.99 and the Corner was $59.99, so our pre tax total was $99.98.

Not a great deal but Legos rarely ever go on sale or clearence in my small town. Pretty happy to get both sets and will put them up for a rainy day or perhaps when our little girl gets older and wants her own sets.

My local TRU got another box of minifigs in. I was able to get 2 more zombies, the forestman, the gunfighter,and what I thought was a nurse but ended up being the spaceman... Oh well.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Too bad TRU doesn't have any of the new trains yet. Atleast I haven't seen them at TRU. This is a good opportunity to grab a few of 7566 - City Farmer. I need more pigs![/QUOTE]

The Pig Farmer is not included in the BOGO50% off sale - nor are any of the small City impulse sets, at least at my local TRU.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']My local TRU got another box of minifigs in. I was able to get 2 more zombies, the forestman, the gunfighter,and what I thought was a nurse but ended up being the spaceman... Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Man there were two full boxes of these when I went to TRU on Monday, now only 2 were left. I tried to see if they were different via checking the UPC, but the UPC is the same I guess on all of them (thought I read here to check the UPC).

Anyway I got the robot and the gunfighter. I thought they were also $1.99 each, but they rung up at $2.50 each. I used one of the B1G150%OFF coupons and even though it's supposed to be city only they took it, so $3.75 plus tax for both.

[quote name='karkyco']Man there were two full boxes of these when I went to TRU on Monday, now only 2 were left. I tried to see if they were different via checking the UPC, but the UPC is the same I guess on all of them (thought I read here to check the UPC).

Anyway I got the robot and the gunfighter. I thought they were also $1.99 each, but they rung up at $2.50 each. I used one of the B1G150%OFF coupons and even though it's supposed to be city only they took it, so $3.75 plus tax for both.[/QUOTE]

The barcode you want to look at is the one on the right. Back about 15ish pages we had a few different bar code sheets made up.

The minifigs also jumped up to the $2.50 price point about 2 weeks after TRU first started getting them, which was a real bummer.

Awesome getting them to do the coupon on the Minifigs, though. Those aren't "city" themed, but TRU probably didn't catalog them right, sucks to be them, lol

25% off clearance toys at TRU starting tomorrow running through July 17.

Some clearance sets off the top of my head include SW Home One, the big farm set, helicopter transport, SW The Twilight, and some Technics sets too.

Anybody ever price adjust a clearance item at TRU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back