LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count Dooku's Solar Sailer on sale at S@H for 27.48, backorder only. Pirate Tank for $19.98, also backorder. Anyone have any coupons for S@H free shipping or anything, please? TIE Defender went up and sold out instantly or got put up as sold out. Squidman Escape has a hilarious squidman minifig.

Tie Defender is just now listed as backorder again.

Edit: Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser for $58.98 including Admiral Ackbar minifig, too :p

[quote name='etcrane']Alright folks, I know Walmart clearance has already happened, but Target is just getting started ... I'm gonna be watching the local Targets and this thread like a hawk for drops further than 15%, so hopefully we can all work together to score some great Target clearance deals this month![/QUOTE]

What Target deals are you finding? I've only found two sets that went straight to 50% off --Toy Story Train and the POP $50 set. These are the only two I feel confident that they will drop to 75% off. Everything else has been starting at 15% with only a couple of World Racers that were 30%, and all of these were available at Walmart and Lego stores for 50%. It's so discouraging to find those Troll Mountain sets with $85 price tags.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Ah, then people complain about them remaking stuff. But honestly, that's probably what I would like to see, too. I have only collected LEGO stuff for a short time, so a chance to get some cool sets from the older movies would be great. I got a few Star Wars set for Christmas that consisted of prequel/Clone War stuff, and while I enjoyed putting them together, I had lot more fun with the midi Star Destroyer.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of the midi, just picked up the last one for $12 this morning at Walmart, along with the last fire helicopter someone hid. Unfortunately it's a smaller WalMart so not much in terms of Legos, but thankfully none of the clearance had been marked. I had to scan everything, LOL. Store had a ton of Build-a-Zurgs and some of the world racers clearance, but unfortunately outside of the midi no other Lego Star Wars or town on clearance. A few very beat up/open Space Police and Atlantis sets though.

EDIT: just got back from a Target that had 12+ Moon of Endor base/Ewok attack sets as of 1.5 weeks ago at 15% off, now every single one is gone. I doubt it hit 50% off so I'm guessing someone or someones bought them all up at 30% off ~$70. Plenty of other clearance sets but all overpriced relative to Walmart/Lego Store. They must have had 50+ of the clone war troop builder sets at $8.xx and 25+ Darth Vader TIE fighters for $25.xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick trip to the Natick Target & WM turned up a few goodies -- Target had a City House for $27, which I snagged. There were a couple of random older sets including a Creator 5868 alligator marked down to $24. No real deals on anything else -- Troll Mt was marked down only a bit to $85, and the HP sets were still full price. WM had at least a dozen $9.50 SW Hyena Droid Bombers, and I found a $12 Echo Base and 1 Darth Vader minifigure clock for $9 -- didn't have time to find someone to check on stock but my quick solo hunt of the Lego aisle & clock aisle did not turn up any more clocks -- I'd love to get the stormtrooper clock especially at that price. None of the sets were marked, so I scanned only the sets I was interested in -- there could have been other clearance items. I was surprised that the Slave 1 was still full-price, as there were at least a dozen of those.

[quote name='180husher']What Target deals are you finding? I've only found two sets that went straight to 50% off --Toy Story Train and the POP $50 set. These are the only two I feel confident that they will drop to 75% off. Everything else has been starting at 15% with only a couple of World Racers that were 30%, and all of these were available at Walmart and Lego stores for 50%. It's so discouraging to find those Troll Mountain sets with $85 price tags.[/QUOTE]

Right now most Targets are at 15% but should be dropping to 30% soon and I've found a few Targets that have full aisles of clearance LEGO stock. Most of it won't last but there's enough to hope for some good deals. The Walmarts are empty (mostly because of Jay .. jk ;) ) and the Space Police sets were gone from the LEGO store b&m by the time I was able to go.

Totally missed the S@H sale so that's off the table too, so my thinking is that the only good deals for the rest of January are going to have to be at Target if you missed out on Walmart & S@H. So hence, the keeping my eyes open, because like I said, it looks like some good deals will be found starting in the not so distant future (unless soccer moms buy everything at 15% off .. sigh).

Went to Lego Store today and picked up a Home One for $55, they had at least 5-6 more from when I left 11pst. I went to a few Targets too and was very disappointed with the 15% off. Went to TRU to use my REWARDS and picked up a few Ninja Go sets along with a Soldiers Fort since it's going to be discontinued. Are the Ninja Go cards they giving away all the same or are they different?

I did see the Galactic Enforcer with a temporary price cut @ $70 good until 2/1 or something like that and did find World Racers @ 30% off but not my thing. I picked up the remaining clone trooper battle packs @ 15% off and saw Trolls Caste, Clone Turbo Tank, Harry Potter Castle, Battle of Endor at 15% off.

Husher, still no tracks but I'm going again on Thursday might go to Disneyland on Wednesday so I'll check that Lego Store there.

[quote name='skiizim']
I did see the Galactic Enforcer with a temporary price cut @ $70 good until 2/1 or something like that and did find World Racers @ 30% off but not my thing. I picked up the remaining clone trooper battle packs @ 15% off and saw Trolls Caste, Clone Turbo Tank, Harry Potter Castle, Battle of Endor at 15% off.

Husher, still no tracks but I'm going again on Thursday might go to Disneyland on Wednesday so I'll check that Lego Store there.[/QUOTE]

Wow, no Targets around here restocked their Potter sets when they sold out from that BOGO50%off sale before xmas.

Don't worry about the tracks...I drove to a Lego store in Maryland and they had all the tracks I wanted. They actually thanked me for buying them as they said they have too many. You'd think Lego would try to distribute sets more efficiently as to not have three of four stores be OOS while the last store has 60+ units.

[quote name='GoingIncognito'] Anyone have any coupons for S@H free shipping or anything, please? TIE Defender went up and sold out instantly or got put up as sold out. Squidman Escape has a hilarious squidman minifig.
[/QUOTE]

Spend $20 and Save $5. AKA Free shipping if you spend between $20-$25.

I really hate the fact that Squidman Escape, Monster Crab Clash, and Wreck Raider are all back, and in backorder, 6 hours after the farmer set was sold out. I needed $9.50 more to use the coupons (Two Farmers and a PF light set equaled $11.50) and now they have exactly the right amount (Plus a PaB piece).

Oh well, such is life.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Spend $20 and Save $5. AKA Free shipping if you spend between $20-$25.

I really hate the fact that Squidman Escape, Monster Crab Clash, and Wreck Raider are all back, and in backorder, 6 hours after the farmer set was sold out. I needed $9.50 more to use the coupons (Two Farmers and a PF light set equaled $11.50) and now they have exactly the right amount (Plus a PaB piece).

Oh well, such is life.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I wasn't aware that the coupons were automatic. Much appreciated. If I had known I would have snagged some stuff earlier today. Oh well :), there's always next time.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Thanks, I wasn't aware that the coupons were automatic. Much appreciated. If I had known I would have snagged some stuff earlier today. Oh well :), there's always next time.[/QUOTE]

The code changes every month or so but there is almost always a $5 off $20 or $25. I use Toysandbricks.com for some info, good site. Someone here should post them too, if not just ask. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']The code changes every month or so but there is almost always a $5 off $20 or $25. I use Toysandbricks.com for some info, good site. Someone here should post them too, if not just ask. :)[/QUOTE]

Much thanks!

Went to TRU, Target, and Walmart tonight. Target was laughable with their discounts (some discounts as low as less than $1...Why even bother?), although I did snag some atlantis minifig scuba diver guy with underwater scooter thing for $2.49 (scanned price $3.99, stocked on an endcap marked as products for $2.49). I'll find the set number later, it's downstairs. Walmart had Construct-A-Zerg's for $12, so I picked one up to complement the Construct-A-Buzz I got for my son, and I picked up the last Space Police Undercover Cruiser (5983) for $14.50.

Edit: The minifig set is 30042, Atlantis Mini Sub.

[quote name='aunt beast']are we still going to get brickmaster codes now that there's no more brickmaster?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was ending in the fall / 2012?

I was just in Target and they had an front endcap in toys full of Gateway of the Squids and SP Galactic Enforcers. There was a big sign that said something like "Limited Time Price Reduction on These Sets - Gateway OTS $29.99 - Galactic E. $69.99" I haven't checked any other Target stores, so it could just be a sale at that particular location only. YMMV. Also, Alamut was now marked down to about $56 and the TS Trash Compactor was now $35.

Also, don't forget to check K-Marts. They've been having a sale that ends on January 8: 20% additional off all clearance toys. Some of their LEGOs on clearance: TS Western Train $60 ($48 with the sale), TS Woody's Roundup , SW TIE Defender , and TS Trash Compactor: $37 each ($29 each with the sale). Works out to about 40% off. Not everything is in the clearance aisle, so load up a cart with everything and start scannin' :lol:

While at TRU looking to use my rewards, I saw 5 or so bags of 30008 Xmas tree. Scanned them, and since they're Christmas items, they are clearanced out at $1.00 at my store. Picked up 4 of them...the set is rubbish, but I figure the green slopes could be used for landscaping.

[quote name='dansoccerball']still have a complete series 1 or 2 up for grabs. I am looking for a complete series 3 set thanks![/QUOTE]

Would love to get a series 1. I jumped in the minifigure game a little late. Anything else you need?

LOL just used the Target online inventory scanner (see the link in the OP on the Target video game clearance thread) to search local stores for the Battle of Endor. Surprisingly, it comes up as "limited availability" at the 2 Targets I checked this morning.

Looks like they've been hidden in store by someone waiting for the 50% off mark, or employee(s) in the stockroom.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Much thanks!

Went to TRU, Target, and Walmart tonight. Target was laughable with their discounts (some discounts as low as less than $1...Why even bother?), although I did snag some atlantis minifig scuba diver guy with underwater scooter thing for $2.49 (scanned price $3.99, stocked on an endcap marked as products for $2.49). I'll find the set number later, it's downstairs. Walmart had Construct-A-Zerg's for $12, so I picked one up to complement the Construct-A-Buzz I got for my son, and I picked up the last Space Police Undercover Cruiser (5983) for $14.50.

Edit: The minifig set is 30042, Atlantis Mini Sub.[/QUOTE]

I spotted some of those $1 discounts at my local Target yesterday too; it's funny that they set off all the sets like this as if they were "special clearance." :roll: Only noteworthy thing I saw was their City Tank Truck 3180 marked for $15, about 50% off.

Target clearance has been disappointing this year compared to last year, I made out like a bandit last year. Hell, I did most of my recent Christmas shopping last January. I remember reading somewhere that Lego does really well for itself during recessions, maybe we haven't seen that much because everything was close to being OOS to begin with.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I spotted some of those $1 discounts at my local Target yesterday too; it's funny that they set off all the sets like this as if they were "special clearance." :roll: Only noteworthy thing I saw was their City Tank Truck 3180 marked for $15, about 50% off.[/QUOTE]

That's only 25% off, the set is normally $20. It was $15 for two months at Walmart and a month at Target.

I still need to buy that and the messenger plane. The plane was $30 forever but I never liked it enough to buy it (and it was rarely in stock). Saw it on display at TRU and loved it. :)

What's the lowest the Darth Vader TIE fighter will go? It's currently on clearance at $25.94 at local Targets...from an original price of $29.99? I'd love to get it for sub $20

[quote name='karkyco']What's the lowest the Darth Vader TIE fighter will go? It's currently on clearance at $25.94 at local Targets...from an original price of $29.99? I'd love to get it for sub $20[/QUOTE]

You might be lucky and get it for $7.49 if it last that long, there is one Target I went to that had at least 20 of these.

i just bought vader's tie at borders for 17 bucks with their 50%-off coupon. pre-christmas, i bought it for $20 on sale but i can't remember where. amazon had it for $22.

i realize these are dead deals, but gives you an idea of what it's been available for over the last month.

you might try k-mart. they carry it, and i think their current sale is 20%-off clearance toys.

[quote name='karkyco']What's the lowest the Darth Vader TIE fighter will go? It's currently on clearance at $25.94 at local Targets...from an original price of $29.99? I'd love to get it for sub $20[/QUOTE]

Since it's starting at 15% off the lowest it will go is $15...and it could take up to 4 weeks to hit that price.

[quote name='skiizim']You might be lucky and get it for $7.49 if it last that long, there is one Target I went to that had at least 20 of these.[/QUOTE]

I've seen 20+ at 2 Targets...now if I could only find the damn Battle of Endor again...preferably at 50% off

Never seems like the Targets I go to (Jersey City and Linden) ever have anything good on clearance, either in terms of LEGOs or video games (the two things I look for when I go).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, it says there is one about 10 miles from me. Might be worth the trip.[/QUOTE]

Whaaat? I checked all the Kmarts in NJ already :p Damn! Good luck!

Where in Jersey are you?

Nevermind on that availability, by the way. I think the website had a hiccup. I just checked again, and it says it isn't available. Oh, well. Probably wouldn't have actually been there for that price, anyway.

i've been looking all over for the big stormtrooper clock but with no luck. Anyone seen these still around thier walmart? I did however find few mid-scale mil falcons (7778) for $19.

I've been on the lookout for a Midi-Falcon, bah.

Edit: TRU near me had some Vader clocks, and possibly a Stormtrooper clock or two. I wasn't really looking for them so I don't remember. I did check online and they're available for shipping, but not on sale :(

[quote name='absolut3']i've been looking all over for the big stormtrooper clock but with no luck. Anyone seen these still around thier walmart? I did however find few mid-scale mil falcons (7778) for $19.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a Luke and a Darth Vader one and I've only seen them available at 1 other one out of the 6 Wal-Marts I went too.

[quote name='Pirate331']Think the Y-Wing remake is worth $29? I'm on the fence; lowest I've seen but IDK if I want to spend that much on it.[/QUOTE]

If you don't buy it soon it's going to be OOP soon. The set is cool but very basic, I just wish they used different minifugures instead of Anakin and Ahsoka.

[quote name='skiizim']If you don't buy it soon it's going to be OOP soon. The set is cool but very basic, I just wish they used different minifugures instead of Anakin and Ahsoka.[/QUOTE]
I meant the OT Y-Wing, not that awful Clone Wars garbage.

Please forgive what is going to sound like a silly question, but...These things do actually have a decent secondary market on eBay, etc? I see lots of price gouging on eBay and stuff with 0 Bids. Does the decent price stuff just get snapped up that quick?

I was looking at an old set of mine (4888 Ocean Oddyssey), and the price on eBay and other places for NIB is $140+ (of course mine is built :p)

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Please forgive what is going to sound like a silly question, but...These things do actually have a decent secondary market on eBay, etc? I see lots of price gouging on eBay and stuff with 0 Bids. Does the decent price stuff just get snapped up that quick?

I was looking at an old set of mine (4888 Ocean Oddyssey), and the price on eBay and other places for NIB is $140+ (of course mine is built :p)[/QUOTE]

Not much data out there, but new ones have sold from $85 to $125 on bricklink and new ones available from $65.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=4888-1

You might get a bite at around $50 or so.

[quote name='encendido5']Not much data out there, but new ones have sold from $85 to $125 on bricklink and new ones available from $65.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=4888-1

You might get a bite at around $50 or so.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to sell mine, I think it's a great set. I was just curious as to the secondary market value of Legos in general. I'm just getting back into Lego now that my son is beginning to be old enough (Lego was one of my favorite toys as a kid), and while going through this thread it seems as if people could sell extra sets of a desirable kit. My Lego budget is extremely limited right now, but if I can get a few extra bucks by picking up an extra deal now and again I will. I wouldn't feel right trying to do this seriously as I'm against gouging amongst other things, but if the opportunity presents itself to help finance my next set I don't want to miss out. For example, if Kmart actually sells Vader's TIE for $3.99, I'll pick up an extra to try to flip on eBay or whatever if the market is truly there.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I don't mean to sell mine, I think it's a great set. I was just curious as to the secondary market value of Legos in general. I'm just getting back into Lego now that my son is beginning to be old enough (Lego was one of my favorite toys as a kid), and while going through this thread it seems as if people could sell extra sets of a desirable kit. My Lego budget is extremely limited right now, but if I can get a few extra bucks by picking up an extra deal now and again I will. I wouldn't feel right trying to do this seriously as I'm against gouging amongst other things, but if the opportunity presents itself to help finance my next set I don't want to miss out. For example, if Kmart actually sells Vader's TIE for $3.99, I'll pick up an extra to try to flip on eBay or whatever if the market is truly there.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. It depends on what you buy and how long you hold it for. For example, the UCS MF was $500 when it came out, but you could sell it for $1,000 now. The Taj Mahal was $300 just a couple months ago and now it's selling for about $500. Those are big sets though and you may not want to "invest" so much.

I think if you can find any set for 50% off, you have a good chance at making a small profit. Look at the King's Castle Siege... It was down to $30 at Walmart and now it's selling for an incredible $200 on ebay! I definitely pulled the trigger too early on that one.

I think the Star Wars sets are a safe bet though the other licensed sets will probably jump in price too once they are out of production.

[quote name='encendido5']Ah ok. It depends on what you buy and how long you hold it for. For example, the UCS MF was $500 when it came out, but you could sell it for $1,000 now. The Taj Mahal was $300 just a couple months ago and now it's selling for about $500. Those are big sets though and you may not want to "invest" so much.

I think if you can find any set for 50% off, you have a good chance at making a small profit. Look at the King's Castle Siege... It was down to $30 at Walmart and now it's selling for an incredible $200 on ebay! I definitely pulled the trigger too early on that one.

I think the Star Wars sets are a safe bet though the other licensed sets will probably jump in price too once they are out of production.[/QUOTE]

Just look at Lego Batman sets. Those are insane.

[quote name='postureking']Just look at Lego Batman sets. Those are insane.[/QUOTE]

Very true, but they're also an exception I think. Spider Man sets are older but still reasonably priced. Indiana Jones, while newer, haven't spiked at all. I don't really follow Sponge Bob.

I remember seeing stacks of Batman sets sitting on clearance at Walmart and nobody bought them. I even returned a couple Bat Tanks that I bought on sale because I decided I didn't really like the set (stupid me). The Arkham Asylum was 50% off at the Lego store and silly me only bought one. :D

Now Lego stores are constantly getting parents asking "Do you have any Batman Lego?" Guess it's the video game, movies and general appeal of Batman. My theory also is the biggest spikes can come from overlooked sets. As someone else encendido mentioned, the King's Castle Siege blows my mind after seeing it languish for so much cheaper.

I remember when 7666 Hoth set came out, speculators went crazy. Exclusive Star Wars? Gotta be a money maker. TRU was cleaned out almost instantly, it seemed. Then Lego re-released it and it's probably one of the lowest after-market markup SW sets you can find.

tl;dr Most Lego is a steal at 50% off, just don't expect to become rich on every OOP set.

[quote name='salty tbone']
tl;dr Most Lego is a steal at 50% off, just don't expect to become rich on every OOP set.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't plan to become rich at all. I'd be happy just being able to put some money back in the Lego fund ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back