LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JAYMATIK']
You can thank SD for the quick disappearance of the Stormtrooper. Everyone and their mom jumped on this steal and some quickly went onto eBay. Hm. If you really want it badly just like I did, best bet is paying MSRP and checking TRU or buying it on S@H.

[/QUOTE]

Do you think the clocks will be restocked? TRU, S@H, and most everywhere seems to be out of stock on the stormtrooper clocks right now.

I would love to find a City Corner for cheap, but they're out of stock at every Target within 30 miles.

[quote name='aunt beast']mm, thanks for the heads-up, postureking. i want lego cows! i wish the farm didn't use so many big pieces. and i wish i had a much bigger lego budget.[/QUOTE]

Lego budget? What's that? ;) I couldn't resist the farm and threw in another pig farm for a reason I can't really explain. I love the tractors and the animals, but the rest of the farm sets are meh to me.

Noticed a sealed Cafe Corner sold a couple days ago on eBay for $527. Lego sure seems to be recession proof. (Or else bankers are using their bonus checks on OOP Lego.)

[quote name='salty tbone']I would love to find a City Corner for cheap, but they're out of stock at every Target within 30 miles.

Lego budget? What's that? ;) I couldn't resist the farm and threw in another pig farm for a reason I can't really explain. I love the tractors and the animals, but the rest of the farm sets are meh to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have spent way too much... and right now don't have a bank account (switching banks) so if I want something online I have to find my mommy! :lol:

Side question.... anyone here have TD Bank? I need a national bank and hate Bank of America, and the only other one I can name is TD Bank.

The farm is ugly, but the other stuff is nice, so is it worth $45? I don't know. That's my problem recently. I bought the Portal of Atlantis for $50 and the TS3 train for $56. Both look fine, but cost me $112ish dollars. Are they worth it? Would I rather have the two winter sets for that much not on sale? That I would probably use and kept built longer? If I was 10 years younger I'd just be buying everythnig, but now it's like... Is it really worth $45 for an ugly farm? Is it worth $200 for pieces of plastic? I rather have a bike. The world is going to shit, do I really need more plastic? :lol:

It pisses me off that the Pig Farm is back in stock BEFORE my backordered one shipped! That's bullshit. LEGO did that to me years ago with a bulk bag and I got screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']The world is going to shit, do I really need more plastic? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Consider it your retirement account, if we're fortunate to live that long. :D

[quote name='salty tbone']Noticed a sealed Cafe Corner sold a couple days ago on eBay for $527. Lego sure seems to be recession proof. (Or else bankers are using their bonus checks on OOP Lego.)[/QUOTE]

That's insane. I still have mine sealed from when my wife gave it to me for Christmas '08. I don't think I could part with it though.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
Side question.... anyone here have TD Bank? I need a national bank and hate Bank of America, and the only other one I can name is TD Bank.

The farm is ugly, but the other stuff is nice, so is it worth $45? [/QUOTE]

I opened a TD Bank account just to have free ATM withdrawals worldwide. Their forex rate is wholesale, which saves me 1% right there; and they don't charge the 3% + $5 for overseas ATM withdrawals which BofA does. I use them only when travelling, as they charge for checking no matter how much you have on account. I use Citizens for free checking, but they have a poor-to-nonexistent ATM network nationwide and overseas (unless you're in the UK/Scotland, as they are owned by RBS). And I also have BofA , only for their nationwide ATM network. Don't get me started on why I have 3 credit cards.

The farm IS worth $45 -- fun build.

[quote name='bostonqt']

The farm IS worth $45 -- fun build.[/QUOTE]

The problem is I can't use my mom's credit card, she went over her limit. :lol:

They should accept checks. :)

Also I want my pig farm! They shouldn't put it back in stock until mine ships!

[quote name='salty tbone']Lego budget? What's that? ;)[/QUOTE]

mine's aerodynamic. it gets thrown out the window frequently.

Well got lucky and grabbed some Space Police sets at Target for 30% off ... could I have waited and possibly saved more?

No ... you guys didn't see the mob of soccer moms on my heels as I grabbed my 3 sets .. so yeah, pretty sure I wasn't going to get these for any less ... at least at Target.

Space Police Central - $55. 98
Lunar Limo - $22.40
Smash N' Grab - $9.98 (50% off ... interesting)

I realize these are more than I would have paid at Walmart, but I see it as the fee I have to pay Target to avoid setting foot in a Walmart ;) Plus, if I'd grabbed them from S@H online I would have been paying shipping and I believe these sets have been long gone from the b&m stores. So yeah, pleased with my purchases today.

BTW, any thoughts on Lunar Limo? It's the only set I'm on the fence about ... I need a ringing endorsement or strong denouncement of it from the board to change my mind ;)

The farm set is sold out.

The big Star Wars ship is back... EDIT - Nevermind

The "big" Atlantis sub is $30, I have seen it in stores, it sucks. :lol:

I had the Venator Cruiser in my cart for $60...And checked out...and it went out of stock as I clicked "submit". I am sad.

Edit: I am kicking myself so hard. I actually had it in my cart for like 5 minutes! I should have been faster. Excuse me while I go sit in a corner :dunce:

[quote name='etcrane']BTW, any thoughts on Lunar Limo? It's the only set I'm on the fence about ... I need a ringing endorsement or strong denouncement of it from the board to change my mind ;)[/QUOTE]
I own two... and haven't built either one. :roll:

I don't know what it is, but I've got 5 sets unopened. And I've got 5 more on the way. I need a good year or so with no obligations to just enjoy all the legos I've accumulated over the last 23 years.

mm, who was it who wanted the tie for < $20? it's "sold out" at $14.98 but when they suddenly appear as "sold out", that seems to indicate they're coming available soon .. of course, not for long. so be ready.

and HEY, they have the kingdoms advent for $17.48, call for availability! ooh, and i paid $39. bummer.

I would really like to find the City Corner for $15, that is a great price. Also, I can't believe I came home and played video games. I should have checked this thread, I really wanted a Farm

They seem to keep finding sets, it's clear they are clearing out warehouses from years of sets. Who knows what will come back in stock. The farm has come in stock a few times, the pig farm the same. Atlantis has come and gone and now seems to be staying.

However the damn windmill is still not sold out. I will be insanely pissed when that goes cheaper because no one wants it.

I called about the Venator. The rep told me they had no more, and weren't expecting any. I believe him, but will continue to check anyway. I've pretty much figured I'm SOL because I was slow, but I guess you never know.

This is this week's TRU hours for my area....

TOYS"R"US/BABIES"R"US - SPRINGFIELD [7508]

THIS WEEK'S HOURS:

Monday: 9:30 AM - 9:30 PM
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 9:30 PM
Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 9:30 PM
Thursday: 9:30 AM - 9:30 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
What the hell? This is a SLIGHT chance we might see snow, but that's insanely slight chance. Closing at 6pm on a Friday? Weird...

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I called about the Venator. The rep told me they had no more, and weren't expecting any. I believe him, but will continue to check anyway. I've pretty much figured I'm SOL because I was slow, but I guess you never know.[/QUOTE]

You weren't slow, it was in stock maybe 3 minutes.

[quote name='bigdaddy']This is this week's TRU hours for my area....

What the hell? This is a SLIGHT chance we might see snow, but that's insanely slight chance. Closing at 6pm on a Friday? Weird...

You weren't slow, it was in stock maybe 3 minutes.[/QUOTE]

And I had it in my cart for all 3 of those minutes, no kidding. If I didn't jerk around I would have had one :(.

[quote name='bigdaddy']This is this week's TRU hours for my area....

[/QUOTE]

Could that be last week's schedule? It was New Year's Eve last Friday. Sometimes the schedule does not update on my local stores - for most of last week it was showing that they would be open 24 hours a day, which was the week of Christmas schedule.

[quote name='postureking']Could that be last week's schedule? It was New Year's Eve last Friday. Sometimes the schedule does not update on my local stores - for most of last week it was showing that they would be open 24 hours a day, which was the week of Christmas schedule.[/QUOTE]

Oh that would make sense... TRU being slow. Yep that must be it. :lol:

[quote name='lobito72']What store is S@H? Sorry never heard of this before.[/QUOTE]

Shop @ Home.

It's Lego's online store.

[quote name='etcrane']BTW, any thoughts on Lunar Limo? It's the only set I'm on the fence about ... I need a ringing endorsement or strong denouncement of it from the board to change my mind ;)[/QUOTE]

It has a pimp minifig. What more could you want? :D Plus the $22.98 is more than 40% off MSRP of $40 (Target started the clearance at a lower price). Finding one for $16 at Walmart was my favorite find of this clearance cycle because, well, it has a pimp minifig.

[quote name='salty tbone']It has a pimp minifig. What more could you want? :D Plus the $22.98 is more than 40% off MSRP of $40 (Target started the clearance at a lower price). Finding one for $16 at Walmart was my favorite find of this clearance cycle because, well, it has a pimp minifig.[/QUOTE]
No hos though? How could there be a pimp without hos?

Hrrmph... I found a City House at Target that was oddly priced at $35.99 and figured it was an online return. I couldn't remember what it used to cost, but Brickset tells me it's $39.99. Debating returning it now. Thinking of returning it now.

[quote name='ackbar7']No hos though? How could there be a pimp without hos?[/QUOTE]
Just round up some Princess Leia slave minifigs for Brickdaddy to run.

[quote name='ackbar7']No hos though? How could there be a pimp without hos?[/QUOTE]

All the aliens are hos, why do you think the police are after them?

Also all of them are males..........

Ordered a Farm, after the coupon code and my VIP bucks, was only $35.00 shipped...bad news is I got an email a few hours later saying it was backordered.

I'm guessing that means cancelled in this case, since the set is OOP, unless they find a hidden cache someplace. It does say "Will Ship In 30 Days" but I'm not getting my hopes up. If it does get cancelled, maybe I can guilt trip them into giving me another $90 set for the same price, though that's doubtful too.

At least you got an email. I'm still sour about my two Jesters not shipping, and not receiving any notice until I opened the box and found it short 2 sets.

[quote name='Pirate331']At least you got an email. I'm still sour about my two Jesters not shipping, and not receiving any notice until I opened the box and found it short 2 sets.[/QUOTE]

off topic and sorry to hear about that!

What's up with the homeless dude getting an announcer job for the Cavaliers? Only in America I guess, I really hope he succeeds and does well in life. This is a really big opportunity for him to do so and they rarely come around like this.

Went to Lego Store today, watched the soccer moms feel out the minifigs. I felt dirty watching >_

[quote name='skiizim']off topic and sorry to hear about that!

What's up with the homeless dude getting an announcer job for the Cavaliers? Only in America I guess, I really hope he succeeds and does well in life. This is a really big opportunity for him to do so and they rarely come around like this.

Went to Lego Store today, watched the soccer moms feel out the minifigs. I felt dirty watching >_

I guess it seems they are still unsure about him, I know I would be too. It's going to be a big lifestyle change to get adjusted to a normal life.

LOL... When I was listening to Rush earlier, he was calling him a Geraldo Rivera look-a-like.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I consoled myself about the missed Venator by buying the complete set of 12 Star Wars minifig magnets :lol:[/QUOTE]

You might get lucky and have Target put them out discounted for BF in the future.

[quote name='skiizim']...Went to Lego Store today, watched the soccer moms feel out the minifigs. I felt dirty watching >_

I built7685 Dozer yesterday, probably one of the best Town / City models ever. It doesn't fit into a layout at all, but the amount of detail in it makes it feel like a Creator set. It's really nicely done.

Quick question about the minifigure magnet sets - are the figures "normal", i.e. can you stand and sit them like normal, or do they have magnets in their feet/backs or something? Or is it as I suspect, with the magnets being in the block pieces they stand on?

I pulled the trigger on the lone Battle of Endor set I came across at a ghetto Target this morning for $85, as well as the lone King's Castle on clearance for $70. Not happy with the prices, but I'm going to try to get price adjustments i.e. return/rebuys if I can find them cheaper at other Targets over the next couple of weeks.

Of course there were a dozen Troll Fortresses available at $85 at every location, but only 1 of each of those. I might bite on the Troll fortress at $60 or less.

[quote name='karkyco']Quick question about the minifigure magnet sets - are the figures "normal", i.e. can you stand and sit them like normal, or do they have magnets in their feet/backs or something? Or is it as I suspect, with the magnets being in the block pieces they stand on?

I pulled the trigger on the lone Battle of Endor set I came across at a ghetto Target this morning for $85, as well as the lone King's Castle on clearance for $70. Not happy with the prices, but I'm going to try to get price adjustments i.e. return/rebuys if I can find them cheaper at other Targets over the next couple of weeks.

Of course there were a dozen Troll Fortresses available at $85 at every location, but only 1 of each of those. I might bite on the Troll fortress at $60 or less.[/QUOTE]

I have some magnet minifigs but never opened them such as some spongebob and star wars. I did pick up some loose Batman Minifigs from a lowball here on CAG and they were magnetic but were able to do everything else any minifig can.

EDIT: The magnets didn't show on the figures, it was something in the inside. I don't know if the newer ones are still like this but the Batman figs are the only loose ones we have.

As far as the return rebuy thing goes, I saw somebody mention in the Target Clearance thread that they just went to customer service returned it saying they wanted the money on the card and payed in cash instead at the discounted price. That is the smartest excuse I've heard in a while if you want to go that way.

Yup that's the method I follow, it's always worked fine for me with game return/rebuys. I just tell them I want to change the card/payment method and I've always gotten the lower price.

The magnets pre 2010 or 2009 had the magnets in the legs so they looked like normal minifigures but their legs and torso were glued together.

Then in 2009 or 2010 they changed them because of new laws that had regular figures, not glued at all, on a magnet block.

In 2011 Star Wars magnets were to be glued together, so LEGO decided to glue all the magnets together, so the 2011 onward magnets suck. :lol:

The magnets are in the bricks in the recent sets. The minifigs can be removed and are identical to regular figs (although they've be Chinese plastic-ized). Recently, though, Lego decided to glue the minifigs (Pharoah are the first ones). Someone posted a process for neutralizing the solvent by soaking in hot water, but to me that makes it too much work for Chinese minifigs.

Edit: What bigdaddy said.

I'm still undecided on if I'll use my minifig magnets as magnets or take them off the bricks for minifigs. Either way, I doubt I'll leave them in the packaging. It's my understanding that the Star Wars ones on clearance at S@H are the regular minifigs on magnetic bricks. If they don't come off, no problem; they're still cool magnets :).

I think the claim of cheap chinese plastic related to LEGOs is getting old. Sounds like a bitch cry from someone on EB. Yes, the removable figs on the earlier magnets (2009) were of low quality, but the ones produced later were of better quality.

Some fans claim that the cheap figs are the ones that have no black mark on the neck and/or have the inner arms (near armpit) stamped. Although true that most magnet figs have that feature, it does not make them cheap. So many people were quick to assume they're cheap chinese plastic because of that. Not the case as I have seen them with figs that come in sets. As a matter of fact, some of the sets that come out today clearly state that some of the components come from China. Whether, it's the figs or the other elements is anyone's guess, but so far... I have not experienced any 'quality' issues.

They are cheap Chinese LEGO because LEGO even admitted they were. :lol:

However, who cares! On display or in a MOC they look and act pretty much the same! If you want a "real" minifigure then spend money on the set, the rest of use will use the magnet sets.

I have all three Batman magnet sets, they are awesome.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Sounds like a bitch cry from someone on EB.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to come off like a bitch, and for the record I have a ton of collectible minifigs and I love them. But I do notice the difference in quality (mainly in the legs). And I do notice the difference between the battle pack knights and knights from regular sets.

I've bought several magnet sets for the minifigs that came in sets I wasn't interested in (Dooku, Palpatine) and I've been happy for what they are. But the gluing kind of kills it for me. That's all.

I'll return this thread to the regular bitch-free discussion. :D

someone on a lego blog used a variety of methods to try ungluing the minifig PQ magnet sets and found that good old very warm water did the trick. there was a lot more info; i'll post the link if i can find it. and of course don't come crying to me if your minifig doesn't take well to his warm bath. :)

here you go:

http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/01/glued-magnet-removal/

Checked my local Target today after reading about some good finds on here. Seems like the clearance is over at my Target; I only found 3 sets on clearance: the Toy Story train at $56.xx, one echo base at $17.xx, and some hero factory something or other that didn't interest me enough to even check the price. passed on the other 2 sets. All ready had echo base, and I'd likethe train, but hoping it comes down to the level other have reported (and yeah I scanned it just to be sure)
On the up side, there were 3 employees reconstructing the lego aisle while I was there and I got to see stuff coming out of boxes and going on shelves! They've no made 1 whole aisle (both sides) into lego (with a little space on one end for the halo mega blocks...) They had the new Bank money transfer set for $50, along with lots of police sets, and the had the log cabin (new? new to me anyway) and the new creator robot set. They had a large section devoted to ninjago, with a large plexibox that had the dragon and tank built in it, along with the starter set ring with two spinning figs that had dials on the front you could spin to make them spin.
There were a lot of POP sets back in stock, which kinda suprised me, and there were a lot of stickers marked on the shelves for PQ, though none were out yet. (could've been in the boxes yet to be unpacked)
spent a while looking over all the new stuff, but ended up only buying the RV (7639) and an Atlantis Ocean Speeder 7976 which I hadn't seen locally yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back