Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't charge me shipping on two orders of pre-orders, despite being $18. Also used Paypal to pay (not sure if that's the reason, or I only had pre-orders).
i'd use a credit card for preorders, they canceled a preorder of mine one time thru paypal cause the preorder got delayed a couple months

Fun Packs are 2 for $18 today at Toys r Us!
Frickin' TRU, even when they do something right they still manage to make me mad.

Went out of my way to go there to take advantage of this as I've also had a $5 reward certificate that's about to expire. Cashier rings in two funpacks, promo price comes up. Then scans my phone for reward. It breaks the promo and now the total is full price minus $5. Wtf.

Don't forget that the Ninjago "Jay" Fun Pack is TRU exclusive for now, I really hope they don't make it a habit granted there's only been one exclusive pack. Skylanders put me off with all the store exclusives crap...

Don't forget that the Ninjago "Jay" Fun Pack is TRU exclusive for now, I really hope they don't make it a habit granted there's only been one exclusive pack. Skylanders put me off with all the store exclusives crap...
Amazon had it for $14.99 with Prime the other day. Also the you can get it directly from Lego as well for less then TRU.

Good to know, I checked Amazon and only found 3rd party vendors for well over msrp....the 2 for $18 was perfect since I was only missing 2 more packs until wave 3 hits. I'm hooked on these things...

No dice on combining the PM with the cartwheel at Target, they had disclaimers in writing at the service desk.
They aren't supposed to in the first place it is a YMMV situation. It is in the Price Matching policy online that they don't combine them. People just get lucky sometimes.

They aren't supposed to in the first place it is a YMMV situation. It is in the Price Matching policy online that they don't combine them. People just get lucky sometimes.
Since I was there to begin with, I figured it was worth a shot. I still ended up with it at a good price, so it was still a win of sorts for us.

Since I was there to begin with, I figured it was worth a shot. I still ended up with it at a good price, so it was still a win of sorts for us.
I feel you. I don't even bother to shop at Target anymore because the deny me PM's all the time. Even when it is a normal one like say PM'ing WM. Kind of sad I dragged my feet on the TRU sale. I'm hoping that we'll see some more soon.

I price matched Gamestops $69.99 and then she scanned my phone for the Cartwheel discount followed by the red card 5 % and totaled less than $44. The cashier was shocked and said it was a great deal. Thanks OP.

Did anyone have trouble getting their GCU to stack with the Best Buy deal (2 Fun Packs for $20) today?  I can't get it to stack.  It just gives me the deal without the GCU advantage.

I was a fool and thought someone would buy me Dimensions for Christmas, but alas, no one did. Is there anywhere I can still get a starter pack for around 60 bucks or am I screwed?

Did anyone have trouble getting their GCU to stack with the Best Buy deal (2 Fun Packs for $20) today? I can't get it to stack. It just gives me the deal without the GCU advantage.
Add them to your cart while not logged in, THEN log in. The prices will reduce to $8 each.

Tried this with my son, neither of us cared for it. Seemed to require way too much fiddling with moving crap around on the portal. Sucks because I picked up two expansions and 5 fun packs. Oh well.

Did anyone have trouble getting their GCU to stack with the Best Buy deal (2 Fun Packs for $20) today? I can't get it to stack. It just gives me the deal without the GCU advantage.
I didnt even know this was going on! First time ive seen this mentioned. Thanks!

I was a fool and thought someone would buy me Dimensions for Christmas, but alas, no one did. Is there anywhere I can still get a starter pack for around 60 bucks or am I screwed?
That sucks. I think the cheapest they are going for is 69.99 right now.

I'm not that impressed with it either. Felt like they gimped people just so you'd have to get more fun packs. Cyborg for example, can't do very much.

And we kept having to shuffle around stuff for puzzles. They should have made 3 of the spots permanent for P1/P2 (1 left, 1 center, 1 right), and then made the remaining 4 spots for puzzles.

It sucks when you have to move the character you're using, it drops out cause you took longer than a couple seconds, causing you change randomly to the other player's char, then other player changes to a random char, which you have to remove 10 seconds later to make room for the rest of the puzzle. Etc.

Zane is fun though.

I'm not that impressed with it either. Felt like they gimped people just so you'd have to get more fun packs. Cyborg for example, can't do very much.

And we kept having to shuffle around stuff for puzzles. They should have made 3 of the spots permanent for P1/P2 (1 left, 1 center, 1 right), and then made the remaining 4 spots for puzzles.

It sucks when you have to move the character you're using, it drops out cause you took longer than a couple seconds, causing you change randomly to the other player's char, then other player changes to a random char, which you have to remove 10 seconds later to make room for the rest of the puzzle. Etc.

Zane is fun though.
+1 Feels no different than any other Lego game made...except for the annoying portal use.
If you're on the fence, wait for massive clearance or skip it. Unless you're a Lego hardcore fanatic, it's not worth supporting this money sucking ventures.
Some were saying that this was better than skylanders as far as the world being open, lies. Every other corner you run into 'Only character x can do this task' nonsense.

Most of the 'Only character x can do this task' just unlock a collectible, and not rooms. Even the rooms they occasionally unlock just have puzzles and collectibles. So it is open-world ish. But unlike Skylanders, you have to switch way too much.

Amazon is having a sale on fun packs ($5 off), level packs and team packs ($10 off). Have to have prime and the discount appears at checkout. It works on preorders so goon for those that want the Ghostbusters sets that are coming out. You can get a few fun packs for as low as $7 because they are already discounted by amazon. Personally I picked up the wicked witch fun pack so far

Same. The game isn't as good as the last couple of titles, but I wanted some of those minifigs any ways. Some of the vehicles are neat builds. I really like Emmett's excavator, for example.

I was able to order UniKitty and Krusty at 6.88, though Krusty is backordered. Bart and Wicked Witch were the only other two I could find at that price right now.

I was able to order UniKitty and Krusty at 6.88, though Krusty is backordered. Bart and Wicked Witch were the only other two I could find at that price right now.
Bart is backordered as well. I don't have the game yet but am planning on picking up eventually. I ordered Bart and Krusty because of those prices. Thanks for the heads up.

Thought about Bart, but no voice steered me away. Unikitty and Krusty for the wifey. Also preordered the Ghostbusters level pack for $20. Better than GCU unless they have a sale.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!  I think I'm all caught up on the necessities.  Cyberman, Sensei Wu, Ghostbusters level pack, Midway Arcade level pack, and just for kicks Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man (not "required" for completion sake but hey, he's awesome and comes with the demon dog thing).

At ~30% off I'd have to be crazy not to :D

Now to wait and see what the next waves they'll inevitably announce are/how they plan to continue this thing.

Edit:  Aw crap, Slimer, Aquaman, and Superman (or Cyborg) are also required for 100%... and I want none of them (think their vehicles/accessories are crap).  Here's to hoping either the character rental system will get through their requirements or future releases will make them optional/redundant.

Anyone know if this deal works in store? I'd like to take advantage but I'd like to browse the selection at my local store first

Bestbuy and amazon have really made me question my life choices today ahahah..

Does CAG offer and toystolife Anonymous meetings? :p

Bought two Fun Packs from BestBuy, ordered: Ninjago Zane and Wizard of Oz
2 for $20 plus free shipping
Debating on going to GameStop for the "Save $10 when you spend $40" thought about getting Portal Level Pack and Dr. Who Level Pack -or- One of the Level Packs and Jurassic World Team Pack (Any recommendations)

Well, I think Chell and the Companion Cube are both needed to unlock, and the Gyrosphere from Jurassic World is the same. I don't think there's anything the Doctor Who level pack can't be duplicated, but it is Doctor Who.

Debating on going to GameStop for the "Save $10 when you spend $40" thought about getting Portal Level Pack and Dr. Who Level Pack -or- One of the Level Packs and Jurassic World Team Pack (Any recommendations)
Those are all $10 off EACH PACK at Amazon.

Is the Amazon Deal pretty good? I haven't gotten into this game in any way yet, thinking about getting some of the packs between Amazon and Best Buy since they seem like a good deal.

Has anyone gotten the GCU to stack either online or in store with the 2 for $20 promo?
It does stack, it auto adjust when you are signed in, the total will be reflected in your cart. 8.00 each with promo and GCU.

It should work in store as well, I did this when they had the 3 for 30 on Infinity 3.0 figures last week, at 8 dollars each woot!

Could not resist buying a couple more minifigs after stacking Best Buy's GCU.

One day I might even get the actual game.
Ha ha me too. I just picked up Cyborg and Wonder Woman and when Bart and Krusty arrive, I'll have four fun packs and zero games. I'm hoping there's a decent deal on the starter pack some time in January.

So Amazon is also knocking $10 off Starter Packs. Based on current prices, that makes the Starter $60 at most (depending on system).

Ended up getting the Emmet and Wonder Fun Packs at Best Buy. Just over $17 for both of them after tax isn't bad at all.

That leaves me needing the Bad Cop and Benny Fun Packs, the Dr. Who and Portal Level Packs, and the Jurassic World Team Pack to have everything currently out that I really want. Didn't expect to get this much this quickly, but the deals have been pretty great so far. :)

So Amazon is also knocking $10 off Starter Packs. Based on current prices, that makes the Starter $60 at most (depending on system).
As far as I can tell, Amazon themselves are selling the XBOne LEGO Dimensions for 100 bucks. Am I wrong? Is there a way to get it for 60?

bread's done
Back