Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked a nearby Wally World, all their sets are 50% off for clearance. I may have to pick up a couple $20 story packs. Won't make it back til next week.

Going to a nearby bigger city for work this weekend. I'll check a couple places.

Gamestop online says $19.97 and there isn't one in stock near by for me to check myself. I am only needing 3 sets now (Midway, Goonies, Teen Titans Team) so I am interested on where to grab these for rock bottom prices.
I think of those you need only the Midway pack has hit “rock bottom prices”. I saw the Goonies set at Best Buy yesterday, think it was $15, which may be as good as it gets as these start to disappear from store shelves everywhere

I got for $10 each the new ghostbuster and the Batman movie story packs @walm. The rest of the small fun packs that are leftwhere overpriced. They did have starter packs for $12 but only last gen like ps3 was available.

The Walmart near me had nothing on the shelves. But I happen to ask the electronics department guy and he pulled out a few sets from behind the counter for me. Got the new Ghostbusters Story pack and the Fantastic Beast story pack for $10 each

This morning I found a lone Goonies set for $7 but yet the Marceline (Adventure Time girl) was $9... They had a few Adventure Time Finn, Jurassic World, Powerpuff Girls, Harry Potter, a ton of the different Story Packs and Fun packs. If anybody needs I can check and see if they have something/price and will definitely post here if I find another Goonies at some point.

I've got a Harry Potter Team Pack available if anybody needs it.

I only NEED Midway Arcade and TTG Team Pack now...

Gamestop online says $19.97 and there isn't one in stock near by for me to check myself. I am only needing 3 sets now (Midway, Goonies, Teen Titans Team) so I am interested on where to grab these for rock bottom prices.
Same at our Gamestop...still $19.9x...I just need Goonies and Teen titans.

Stopped by several (8) Wally World's the last couple weeks, picked up a some things I was missing. Still a few TTG, Adventure time lvl, PPG team and Batman story packs available.

Seems I'm only missing Bane, Wonder Woman and Team Ninjago. There are a few packs that need a better NIB pack: Sonic, Mission Impossibe, Midway, Team DC, Wicked Witch, Cyborg, Scooby and Lloyd.

If someone is in or nearby Hudson Mall in Jersey City or Bridgewater NJ, or Sunrise Hwy NY message me. (Bane & Wonder Woman)

If anyone catches a Laval or a Lloyd from the $0.99 store let me know. I'm missing those two apparently.

I went to my Gamestop to check on the Goonies set and while it shows as $19.99 and clearance on the sticker, because they are having a 50% off on clearance, It cost me only $10.75 with tax.  So, if you have the Goonies or Teen Titans set, you may want to get it now with the 50% off clearance items.

Now all I need is Teen Titans...

Hmm I went to a GameStop yesterday and saw the few Dimensions they had left in the clearance bin and the employee said that they weren’t part of the 50% off clearance sale. Will have to go back and see how they actually ring up at the register

If they ring up as part of the 50% off it has to be a new addition. I've been buying them at GS for the last few weeks and they've never been an additional percentage off.

Anyone been to 99 Cent store lately to see if there has been any new stock shipped?
I just need a Teen Titans team pack, hoping it shows up there

Anyone been to 99 Cent store lately to see if there has been any new stock shipped?
I just need a Teen Titans team pack, hoping it shows up there
Yeah, I've been. The Lego stocks are long gone. Unless they do a whole new batch you're not likely to get anything there

If anyone still happens to be looking for any of these, I have a few extras that I’m willing to sell or trade to fellow CAGs before I try to make any real money off of them. The packs I have are:

- Bane (x2)
- Benny
- Buttercup (x2)
- Excalibur Batman (x2)
- Hermoine (x2)
- Jay (x2)
- Knight Rider (x2)
- Krusty
- Legolas
- Marcelina (x2)
- Starfire (x2)
- Unikitty (x2)

DM me if you’re interested; first come, first serve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep I grabbed quite a few. Got several for 1.39 each after GCU and store pickup $1 off. I wish the Harry and Voldemort pack had not been sold out.

Crazy, expansion sets are only 6.99 after GCU and $1 off pickup.

So I noticed it won't give $1 off store pickup if the item is going to be sent to the store to be picked up in about a week. But I figured out a workaround. In cart choose a different store where the item is in stock now, then choose shipping, then checkout. It will offer the $1 off and you can then change the store to the one you really want and it will still keep the $1 off.

Wish I knew that earlier when I first saw this deal on my phone. Had an inkling this would work but it was too slow to do all those store changes on my phone and couldn't get on a computer until just now. Some sold out by now at my local store, oh well.

You don't need multiples of the exact same pack, right?  For instance, I don't need two copies of the Goonies Level Pack just to access the level? 

I was thinking of just sharing these with my roommate instead of grabbing everyone of these before they disappear.  He has the PS4 version and I have the PS4/Wii U/PS3 versions.

You don't need multiples of the exact same pack, right? For instance, I don't need two copies of the Goonies Level Pack just to access the level?

I was thinking of just sharing these with my roommate instead of grabbing everyone of these before they disappear. He has the PS4 version and I have the PS4/Wii U/PS3 versions.
The levels open up by using the included character, so you can do it on as many copies of the game as you want. However, these levels require that character to complete in many cases, so without that figure (or a specific combination of others) the level will not be completable. And by not completable, I don't mean "can't get all the bricks", I mean can't finish the level. For example, as I recall Abby from Ghostbusters has a unique ability that is necessary for finishing the new Ghostbusters story pack. Most abilities have some overlap with other figures, just a few are unique to a single character as I recall - with Supergirl's being really egregious given what you had to do to get her.

The levels open up by using the included character, so you can do it on as many copies of the game as you want. However, these levels require that character to complete in many cases, so without that figure (or a specific combination of others) the level will not be completable. And by not completable, I don't mean "can't get all the bricks", I mean can't finish the level. For example, as I recall Abby from Ghostbusters has a unique ability that is necessary for finishing the new Ghostbusters story pack. Most abilities have some overlap with other figures, just a few are unique to a single character as I recall - with Supergirl's being really egregious given what you had to do to get her.
Thank you. On a side note, I can't even find Lego Dimensions on Best Buy's website.

Tried clearing my cache and still nothing. I was hoping to check my local Best Buy for whatever is left of Lego Dimensions. Also, to find out if the price was the same, as the clearance price on Best Buy's online store.

Thank you. On a side note, I can't even find Lego Dimensions on Best Buy's website.

Tried clearing my cache and still nothing. I was hoping to check my local Best Buy for whatever is left of Lego Dimensions. Also, to find out if the price was the same, as the clearance price on Best Buy's online store.
No problem. Unlike Skylanders, where you just had to scan a level piece once (my son unlock all the levels for my neighbor's game, and he could permanently use them from then on for that save file) - Dimensions actually integrated the figures (and the included items) into the level design. If you don't have Chell and the Companion Cube, you aren't going to finish the Portal level, for example - you can get to it without her once it is unlocked, but you will get stuck by some of the puzzles required to proceed. You can hobble by on some of them with other character combinations, but it is a pain to figure it all out.

Each of the stories, main game and level packs only require the figures and items that come with them to complete but you will have bricks you can't get. At various points they will force you to make the included items for progression (but you can cancel and use something else that can accomplish that ability, if you have it). The only real flaw in all of this is the Midway Arcade pack, as some of the playable games are only unlocked in other level packs. You have to have three other level packs to unlock all of the content from the Midway Arcade pack.

Now, you can unlock themed figure's Free Play worlds, and there is stuff to do in those, so it isn't a total wash to use a friend's figures. In fact many of those require "visiting" characters to get some bricks, for example the Harry Potter world has a brick locked behind Supergirl's unique "Red Lantern" ability. Also, some puzzles require a combination of abilities that only certain characters can do, like Aquaman who has the ability to go underwater AND operate certain puzzles, which is necessary at least for a few bricks.

Also, conversely, some figures make some challenges ridiculously easy. For example, some require you to run fast - and early on to do that you had to use Arcade Kid - which has a lead up where he drinks a soda that makes him fast. And you had to re-do it a few times making it tough to keep up. But Sonic just runs really fast all the time, making that challenge laughably trivial.

The main thing is, you have to be happy with what you can do and not worry about collecting every brick, because without a full roster covering all abilities (and that list is substantial) some bricks will simply be out of reach. Which isn't a big deal unless you are OCD, as there is a TON to do.

I was able to get Fantastic Beasts and Lego Batman the Movie story packs but still missing Sonic and The Goonies Level packs. Seems like Best Buy wont stock these things again. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this was already asked / posted in the past 80 pages or so...

Is there a checklist of all the packs somewhere? 

Sorry if this was already asked / posted in the past 80 pages or so...

Is there a checklist of all the packs somewhere?
There’s an excellent GoogleDocs spreadsheet out there.. works as a checklist that shows if you can get 100% in the game

I'm looking for these if anyone has extras!

Levels

Sonic
Midway
Goonies

Teams

Harry potter
Teen titans
Scooby
Ninjago

Singles

Aquaman
Batman knight
Cragger
Cyborg
Eris
Lloyd
Gollum
Superman
Wonder woman
Et

I found a Ghostbusters Story Pack in store for $10. Oddly, GCU didn't apply, but they had my right account. Does GCU not apply to 'clearance' items anymore or did LEGO Dimensions get reclassified as hardware? I'm going to have to read the GCU terms because I want my $2!

Edit: This is the relevant line from the terms: "20% discount off new physical Video Games, including pre-orders (excludes Pre-owned Video Games and Digital Gaming)."

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best-buy/gamers-club-unlocked-faqs/pcmcat341800050017.c?id=pcmcat341800050017

Not a clearance issue. My guess is when they pulled LEGO Dimensions from the website and store app, GCU got stripped. I doubt it was reclassified as hardware since zeb06 above had GCU apply via the website.

Bit off topic but does anyone happen know if there’s a way to “fix” a disc thing that stops working? My Venkman won’t scan anymore and he’s one of my favorites

Bit off topic but does anyone happen know if there’s a way to “fix” a disc thing that stops working? My Venkman won’t scan anymore and he’s one of my favorites
You are talking about the toy tag? Contact support to send you a new one. Hopefully you are still under warranty. They had to send my replacement toy tag twice because the first got lost in customs from UK to US.

I found a Ghostbusters Story Pack in store for $10. Oddly, GCU didn't apply, but they had my right account. Does GCU not apply to 'clearance' items anymore or did LEGO Dimensions get reclassified as hardware? I'm going to have to read the GCU terms because I want my $2!

Edit: This is the relevant line from the terms: "20% discount off new physical Video Games, including pre-orders (excludes Pre-owned Video Games and Digital Gaming)."

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best-buy/gamers-club-unlocked-faqs/pcmcat341800050017.c?id=pcmcat341800050017

Not a clearance issue. My guess is when they pulled LEGO Dimensions from the website and store app, GCU got stripped. I doubt it was reclassified as hardware since zeb06 above had GCU apply via the website.
Yeah before they removed them from the website, everything received the GCU discount.

I ended up getting the Fantastic Beasts story pack, Hermione, Tina, both Powerpuff sets, Lego City fun pack, teen titans fun pack, and the Adventure Time fun pack. I had the marshmallow man too but it was shipping only so I thought I’d decide later, but they went fast. Ended up with 8 sets for $20 after GCU and store pickup discounts.

You are talking about the toy tag? Contact support to send you a new one. Hopefully you are still under warranty. They had to send my replacement toy tag twice because the first got lost in customs from UK to US.
There is a trick involving putting the disc underneath the base, or something like that. I can't remember the precies details, but someone on this thread had the same problem with a malfunctioning Peter Venkman, and got it working again with this trick.

anywhere to get the team titans team pack at a good price? It's the last one the kids and I are missing (from what we want).
The BB sale was probably the best we'll see now. You might get a good deal off Ebay, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that set (and others) hit Five Below. They've done it before with Fun Packs while the game was still releasing new content, and now that it's been canceled, there's an even greater chance it will be there.

Yeah before they removed them from the website, everything received the GCU discount.

I ended up getting the Fantastic Beasts story pack, Hermione, Tina, both Powerpuff sets, Lego City fun pack, teen titans fun pack, and the Adventure Time fun pack. I had the marshmallow man too but it was shipping only so I thought I’d decide later, but they went fast. Ended up with 8 sets for $20 after GCU and store pickup discounts.
Very nice! Previously, I received GCU on many Lego Dimensions sets so I was pretty surprised to see it not apply on the Ghostbusters story pack. Of course, the cashier just shrugged. I'll call BB support on Monday when I'm at work.

The BB sale was probably the best we'll see now. You might get a good deal off Ebay, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that set (and others) hit Five Below. They've done it before with Fun Packs while the game was still releasing new content, and now that it's been canceled, there's an even greater chance it will be there.
Yeah, I was really hoping when I saw it in the sale but it was sold out pretty early.

bread's done
Back