Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Also surprised that the clearance hasn’t been as extreme with Dimensions compared to Infinity or the usual skylanders cycle. $25 is the cheapest I could find the starter for in new condition. Sad most of the level packs are still $15-20 and harder to find.
I literally just grabbed my son some Lego Dimensions stuff for the first time a few hours ago.

Target has a bunch of the character packs on clearance (roughly $6 each), but check them using the Cartwheel app. Ive had them pricematch that if its cheaper than the store.

For instance, the PS4 starter pack was $30 on clearance, but the app had it at $18. A few of the character pacls was a dollar or two less (Slimer and Buttercup specifically).

And of the level packs I scanned, only the Mission Impossible one was less ($10 instead of $15).

I literally just grabbed my son some Lego Dimensions stuff for the first time a few hours ago.

Target has a bunch of the character packs on clearance (roughly $6 each), but check them using the Cartwheel app. Ive had them pricematch that if its cheaper than the store.

For instance, the PS4 starter pack was $30 on clearance, but the app had it at $18. A few of the character pacls was a dollar or two less (Slimer and Buttercup specifically).

And of the level packs I scanned, only the Mission Impossible one was less ($10 instead of $15).
This is what I did too, I got the starter pack with supergirl (which is in the box I guess?) in it for $18 and picked up the gremlins lego dimensions set for $12.

The only sets I want to find is The Wizard of OZ and The Simpsons

I did see the fantastic beast playlevel set but the discount was only $5 off so I'll wait for that to drop in price more.

A bit late to the Lego Dimensions game and not looking to build a full collection. Any websites that rank all the different packs or any packs in particular that are must have vs packs to avoid? Appreciate it!

Also surprised that the clearance hasn’t been as extreme with Dimensions compared to Infinity or the usual skylanders cycle. $25 is the cheapest I could find the starter for in new condition. Sad most of the level packs are still $15-20 and harder to find.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/comments/6a1jrp/minimum_characters_needed_for_all_abilities/

This is the best post on the internet concerning who you need.

My local target has a pretty decent selection in the clearance section. Best finds were the Ghostbusters (classic) level pack and the Joker/Harley team pack (last ones). Prices were about $5.98 fun pack, 12.48 team pack, 14.98 level pack. If anyone is looking for these and maybe wants to work out a trade, PM me. I'm mostly looking for Jay and Lloyd or the Midway pack.

Still had available:
  • Goonies level
  • Buttercup
  • Powerpuff Girls
  • Batman Excalibur
  • ET
  • Master Wu
  • Marceline
  • Aquaman
  • Adventure Time
  • Missions Impossible
  • Stay Puft
  • Chase McCain
  • Starfire
  • BA Baracus
  • Bane
  • Cyberman
  • Knight Rider
  • Tina Goldstein
  • Hermione Granger
    Beetlejuice

This is what I did too, I got the starter pack with supergirl (which is in the box I guess?) in it for $18 and picked up the gremlins lego dimensions set for $12.
You scored the gold. Supergirl starter pack has gone for a long time and replaced by Aquaman or Lloyd. A supergirl in polybag alone can be sold for over $40.

So just to be clear, you really only need a single character from each theme to unlock their hub world, which often has more to do than the actual level packs themselves, correct?

Is there any sort of matrix or check list that shows which figures unlock different worlds? Are any of the Story Packs must haves? It seems like you can unlock their hub worlds with the single figure packs, making them unnecessary unless they have a great story mode? 

So just to be clear, you really only need a single character from each theme to unlock their hub world, which often has more to do than the actual level packs themselves, correct?

Is there any sort of matrix or check list that shows which figures unlock different worlds? Are any of the Story Packs must haves? It seems like you can unlock their hub worlds with the single figure packs, making them unnecessary unless they have a great story mode?
Yes, you only need a single character to unlock the hub. The hubs are like the free-roam in other games -- a small city/world based on that property. Like, the Simpsons would have you fly around the Springfield, which includes their house, Kwik-e-Mart, and the power plant. There's more activities, but they're more grindy in nature. The same kind you would find in the overworld of other Lego games.

Some properties also only have 1 figure/pack. Mission: Impossible for example. You need those story packs to unlock their level and hub. Whether or not any of them are "worth it" is up to you. But the Portal one is pretty great. And a lot of people like the Doctor Who one, but it was really buggy for me. As in, it took 4-5 tries to even get past one area because it kept glitching.

It depends on your definition of "more to do". The hub world is filled with repetitive independent missions like collecting stuffs, cheesy request, racing car, plane, boat... You get a lot of those things to do which requires going around and around. The only reasons to be doing those is to get 100% and get gold bricks to upgrade gadgets.

Level pack has a little story and more cohesive experience and puzzles. Story pack is like a long level pack of a few more levels. They don't worth the regular price (you'd better buy other used Lego games which have many more levels) but when it's discounted and just a few more dollars than fun pack, I will go for level and story pack.

Team pack can be skipped unless that's the only way to unlock that franchise.

Here is a link to all Lego Dimensions pack (except Supergirls and Green Arrow) and "must buy" suggestion, but if you don't care about level and story, that's not "must buy" then. It also has a unique abilities list, however, some unique "combo" abilities are just theoretical and not used in the game.

http://dimensions-builder.herokuapp.com/all-waves-and-packs

you may want to look in side I got a ps4 starter pack with super girl last week at target when I open the box the super girl pack was missing

I've noticed a couple Lloyd's in pics from 99 Cent stores, anyone have access to an extra for a reasonable price? Any ideas about the best way to get Jurassic World or Dr. Who sets without overpaying?

A big thanks as well to Databomb for sending me a bunch of the sets I was missing. Arrived in great condition.

I only need Cragger, Cyborg, and Cyberman. If anyone finds those, please let me know.

Still

A big thanks as well to Databomb for sending me a bunch of the sets I was missing. Arrived in great condition.

I only need Cragger, Cyborg, and Cyberman. If anyone finds those, please let me know.
looking for Cyberman for ya. I'll know tomorrow

You scored the gold. Supergirl starter pack has gone for a long time and replaced by Aquaman or Lloyd. A supergirl in polybag alone can be sold for over $40.
Is it worth $40? My local target has 3 more along with 1 Llyod

My area is known for not buying anything at full price at all.

Even if it's worth $40 I don't plan on selling it, I've been wanting to play Lego Dimensions for awhile.

you may want to look in side I got a ps4 starter pack with super girl last week at target when I open the box the super girl pack was missing
I just looked inside, everything was there.
___

I went to five and below today and found 2 lord of the rings legos.
I'm not a huge lord of the rings fan through.

Is it worth $40? My local target has 3 more along with 1 Llyod

My area is known for not buying anything at full price at all.

I went to five and below today and found 2 lord of the rings legos.
I'm not a huge lord of the rings fan through.
The starter pack definitely worth $40 as a video game itself, you can have hours of gameplay, not counting the lego pieces.

Supergirl is the bonus which is not a must in the game. If you don't care about collecting figures and willing to do extra work to sell her, you can make the starter pack almost free. There are people wanting to collect all the figures will pay top dollar just for her.

Llyod has low or no resale value and there are already too many Ninjago characters.

Seems Five Below didn't get any new figures this round, they got some of the first few waves figures when 99c Store also got them and selling for 99c in previous round.

Anyway, if you keep the Supergirl, she can be easily the get going figure for her invulnerability and flying.

My favorite is Wonder Woman, her invulnerability and flying (only her, Superman and Supergirl, Powerful girl has heart regeneration, almost like invulnerability) will save from a lot of dying, dropping and footwork. She also has many common abilities (grapple, boomerang, acrobat...) needed in the games so you don't have to swap figures that much. Her theme music whenever she flies becomes annoying though.

Impressed by the prices on BrickLink for some of the harder to find sets ... Paid $13 including shipping for the JW set. Probably still too much but worth a look if you want to buy figures or even just individual bases for the game.

Impressed by the prices on BrickLink for some of the harder to find sets ... Paid $13 including shipping for the JW set. Probably still too much but worth a look if you want to buy figures or even just individual bases for the game.
If I can't find the fantastic beast set again i'l buying it off of there.

Most likely these sets will be harder to find as time goes on so I shouldn't worry too much about getting a bigger discount?

QuPXyvT.jpg

smJhSgU.jpg

None of it's on sale through compared to target.

But some of the harder to find ones locally is there, Adventure Time, Portal 2, Sonic and The Simpsons.

If I can't find the fantastic beast set again i'l buying it off of there.

Most likely these sets will be harder to find as time goes on so I shouldn't worry too much about getting a bigger discount?
That's my thought ... LEGO stuff tends to go on clearance and then skyrocket in price. Unless someone on here has some insider knowledge, I don't see the Level packs or rarer sets showing up at the 99 cent stores. I paid $18 for the Gremlins set and $20 for the Midway set but I didn't see any way to get them for less since I'm a bit late to the game (wish I could have found Gremlins at Target for $12 but no dice).

None of it's on sale through compared to target.

But some of the harder to find ones locally is there, Adventure Time, Portal 2, Sonic and The Simpsons.
Without more discount, they will be hard to move those "hard to find" sets.

Portal 2 and The Simpsons are still dirt cheap on ebay from resellers who bought from 99c months ago

That's my thought ... LEGO stuff tends to go on clearance and then skyrocket in price. Unless someone on here has some insider knowledge, I don't see the Level packs or rarer sets showing up at the 99 cent stores. I paid $18 for the Gremlins set and $20 for the Midway set but I didn't see any way to get them for less since I'm a bit late to the game (wish I could have found Gremlins at Target for $12 but no dice).
Gremlins and Midway had not shown up in 99c store as far as I know.

In one of the last few LEGO dimensions levels and the color puzzle seems glitched. Color pad stays purple and won’t change and won’t set off puzzle. Anyone else have this problem before or have any advice?

I got the starter pack for $18 at Target... been googling to figure out which other packs I want and would appreciate if someone could confirm a couple things.

I don't really care about the figures/bricks or getting 100% in the game. I just want full access to all worlds/DLC trophies for as cheap as possible. It looks like I only need to get a character base for each franchise to unlock each world. But, will any character from each of the worlds allow me to play the storyline missions or do some characters only allow limited world access? ie If I buy a Bart Simpson base on ebay, can I play the 'Mysterious Voyage of Homer' mission... or do I need a Homer base for that? Thanks.

I got the starter pack for $18 at Target... been googling to figure out which other packs I want and would appreciate if someone could confirm a couple things.

I don't really care about the figures/bricks or getting 100% in the game. I just want full access to all worlds/DLC trophies for as cheap as possible. It looks like I only need to get a character base for each franchise to unlock each world. But, will any character from each of the worlds allow me to play the storyline missions or do some characters only allow limited world access? ie If I buy a Bart Simpson base on ebay, can I play the 'Mysterious Voyage of Homer' mission... or do I need a Homer base for that? Thanks.
You can play the free play hub world from the Simpson's with Bart (or Krusty or Homer), but the only way to play the level pack is with putting Homer on the portal at least once. Level packs are only unlocked with the character included in that pack.

Thanks for the info!

So, it looks like gaining access to all trophies/achievements would require: Homer Simpson, Marty McFly, Chell, The Doctor, Peter Venkman, Gamer Kid, Finn, Abby Yates, Ethan Hunt, Newt Scamander, Sonic, Batgirl & Robin, and Sloth.

Having access to all the non-trophy adventure worlds would also require at least one character from: Wizard of Oz, Ninjago, Scooby Doo, Chima, Jurassic World, Harry Potter, A Team, ET, Gremlins, Teen Titans, Knight Rider, Lego City, Beetlejuice, and the Power Puff girls.

Thanks for the info!

So, it looks like gaining access to all trophies/achievements would require: Homer Simpson, Marty McFly, Chell, The Doctor, Peter Venkman, Gamer Kid, Finn, Abby Yates, Ethan Hunt, Newt Scamander, Sonic, Batgirl & Robin, and Sloth.

Having access to all the non-trophy adventure worlds would also require at least one character from: Wizard of Oz, Ninjago, Scooby Doo, Chima, Jurassic World, Harry Potter, A Team, ET, Gremlins, Teen Titans, Knight Rider, Lego City, Beetlejuice, and the Power Puff girls.
Your selection should be more limited than that, a few characters have unique abilities you need to fully collect items in the worlds. There is a spreadsheet out there with a minimum set and which ones to accomplish all content. However, one thing to consider is that Supergirl has a unique ability that only she has (red lantern ability) and there are a few places where it would be needed to do something. She is pretty hard to get these days, so maybe that shouldn't be a priority for you unless you want to go all in. At this point just seeing all worlds is probably the best option.

It's a shame the franchise is ended, I would have loved a Green Lantern and a Flash minifig in the game. Green Lantern could have nicely given a second option for Supergirl's ability, and I'm just a big Flash fan. Season 2 thankfully filled in some gaps from Season 1 where only single characters had certain abilities, but it also created some new ones.

Your selection should be more limited than that, a few characters have unique abilities you need to fully collect items in the worlds. There is a spreadsheet out there with a minimum set and which ones to accomplish all content. However, one thing to consider is that Supergirl has a unique ability that only she has (red lantern ability)
I don't think there is an new updated list with the final few waves characters, and they include a lot of unique abilities in only certain characters before. Also he's already said he's not interested in 100%, just need to access all level and hubs.

Supergirl is NOT needed, the game doesn't require red lantern. Powerpuff Girl and Raven can do the Lantern Construct, you will need the girls to access their hub and Raven has an unique ability.

Saw some starter pack for X-Box One and PS4 that had Lloyd in them, but no Supergirl. Odd.
It's not odd. The Supergirl is PS4 exclusive for limited time. It has been discontinued and sold out at many places for a long time, over a year at least. It was replaced by Llyod (Target) or Aquaman (TRU).

In one of the last few LEGO dimensions levels and the color puzzle seems glitched. Color pad stays purple and won’t change and won’t set off puzzle. Anyone else have this problem before or have any advice?
Yes, many color puzzles has the color messed up, I noticed that when I played the last few levels of Main Story after stopping for almost 2 years. I'm certain I did not see that issue before, not in the early levels of the Main Story and all Year 1 Level Packs that I've finished long time ago. So, I guess it was introduced later in updates.

Usually, it's one color messed up.

E.g. if the puzzle on the screen shows Red, it could be Orange, if the screen shows Blue, it could be Purple. So, just do trial and errors. Or just check YouTube video to find the correct colors that people had finished the levels long time ago before the bug was introduced.

It's a grocery store in the Midwest called meijer.

Meijer as the other poster said.
Don't expect anything to ever be on sale but if you really want a pack you can no longer find this place is your best bet.
Closest Meijer to me is 302 miles away. That's okay.

The only one I actually need is Lloyd. I'd rather pay MSRP than go to there if they were to have any Lloyd fun packs in-stock.

It's not odd. The Supergirl is PS4 exclusive for limited time. It has been discontinued and sold out at many places for a long time, over a year at least. It was replaced by Llyod (Target) or Aquaman (TRU).
I only say odd cause I go to Target quite often and never saw the Lloyd sets just the other day. I got my starter with Supergirl last year.

Even at clearance prices, I’m now slightly disgusted with myself for how much I’ve spent on this game. Maybe it’s the fact it all happened over a week rather than years 😜

Are the vehicle discs (bases) specific to the figures they came with? Just got a handful of sets on eBay and they were all mixed together. I assume character bases are specific, but wasn't sure about vehicles.

You can tell the character bases apart by the design on it. The vehicle ones have no design. So you could save 3 different batmobiles if you really wanted.

Found a Ghostbusters (2016) story pack for $11.98 at Target
I need the following to be complete -
Teen titans team pack
Lloyd fun pack
Jay fun pack
Cole and also team pack

Spotted Portal, Back to the Future and Mission Impossible level packs marked down to $8 each at a local Walmart yesterday. They also had Wonder Woman, Gollum, Legolas and Barry character packs for $3. 

Still several ones I am needing to complete my set, but mainly the wanting PPG, Teen Titans and a couple of character packs(Knight Rider, A-Team and Hermione). I am just holding out hoping to catch them super cheap.

Are Lloyd and Aquaman unique polybags just like Super Girl?  I've been wondering what the bundled Lego Dimensions starter packs are like.  Does Lloyd and Aquaman even include their fun pack vehicles in their own starter pack bundles?

Just wanted to echo everyone else and thank Databomb for picking up and sending me a bunch of cheap sets.

Really appreciated.

Spotted Portal, Back to the Future and Mission Impossible level packs marked down to $8 each at a local Walmart yesterday. They also had Wonder Woman, Gollum, Legolas and Barry character packs for $3.

Still several ones I am needing to complete my set, but mainly the wanting PPG, Teen Titans and a couple of character packs(Knight Rider, A-Team and Hermione). I am just holding out hoping to catch them super cheap.

Are Lloyd and Aquaman unique polybags just like Super Girl? I've been wondering what the bundled Lego Dimensions starter packs are like. Does Lloyd and Aquaman even include their fun pack vehicles in their own starter pack bundles?
I bought a pack with Lloyd today. It's just in 2 small clear plastic bags with the manual sheet. There are 2 figure bases so it looks like the vehicle is included.

bread's done
Back