Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
My DC Comics Team pack order is all screwed up now:

Order Summary

Item(s) Subtotal:
$18.74

Shipping & Handling:
$0.00

$10 off Promotion:
-$10.00

Total before tax:
$8.74

Estimated tax to be collected:
$0.00

Gift Card Amount:
-$14.00

Grand Total:
$-5.26

So it looks like they took $14 from my gift card balance but then adjusted it such that I will get $5.26 back when it ships (?).  Strange.  I'll have to keep an eye on that to make sure I actually get it back.

Yeah, you will.  My preorder with the two $7.50 fun packs is at -$16.04 at the moment.  You could always change payment methods to remove the credit and then reapply it, but if history is any indication it will sort itself out.

My DC Comics Team pack order is all screwed up now:

Order Summary

Item(s) Subtotal:
$18.74

Shipping & Handling:
$0.00

$10 off Promotion:
-$10.00

Total before tax:
$8.74

Estimated tax to be collected:
$0.00

Gift Card Amount:
-$14.00

Grand Total:
$-5.26

So it looks like they took $14 from my gift card balance but then adjusted it such that I will get $5.26 back when it ships (?). Strange. I'll have to keep an eye on that to make sure I actually get it back.
I have the exact same thing on my order. I think the gift card gets added back to our balance once the order ships. I usually get an email too when this happens and the order ships.

The Joker/Harley Quinn team pack updated to about $9 on my Amazon preorder.

Wish I had made more preorders when they had the sale.
I wish I preordered everything. When that sale was going on, I remembered reading somewhere in the AWD thread of the Amazon Trade in Thread that Amazon monitors your order cancellations. I don't know how confirmed this is, but from what I understand it's tracked similar to the number of times you call customer support for price adjustments or whatnot. I was just paranoid of cancelling a bunch of orders and being put on Amazon's imaginary shitlist, but I wish I would have just placed all the orders knowing what I know now. At least I got a couple $2.49 fun packs and the $8.74 Joker Harley team pack. I wish I would have ordered everything.

A year from now, hopefully all this stuff is dirt cheap similar to how Disney Infinity and Skylander stuff get's clearanced out. I honestly don't know though considering it's "lego" and they're doing that 3 year game lifecycle plan or whatever. I'm not sure if retailers will be in a hurry to clear the shelves like with old Disney Infinity and Skylander stuff.

I wish I preordered everything. When that sale was going on, I remembered reading somewhere in the AWD thread of the Amazon Trade in Thread that Amazon monitors your order cancellations. I don't know how confirmed this is, but from what I understand it's tracked similar to the number of times you call customer support for price adjustments or whatnot. I was just paranoid of cancelling a bunch of orders and being put on Amazon's imaginary shitlist, but I wish I would have just placed all the orders knowing what I know now. At least I got a couple $2.49 fun packs and the $8.74 Joker Harley team pack. I wish I would have ordered everything.

A year from now, hopefully all this stuff is dirt cheap similar to how Disney Infinity and Skylander stuff get's clearanced out. I honestly don't know though considering it's "lego" and they're doing that 3 year game lifecycle plan or whatever. I'm not sure if retailers will be in a hurry to clear the shelves like with old Disney Infinity and Skylander stuff.
If they monitor cancellations I would have long been banned. I order and cancel probably 20x what actually ships.

How are the ninjago and Chima fun packs? I've gotten but haven't yet given all the packs to my son. The only ones I don't have are 2 of the ninjago 2 Chima and 3 Lotr partly because my son is not familiar with those brands too well.

Really tempted to get them while there $6 with gcu but idk.

How are the ninjago and Chima fun packs? I've gotten but haven't yet given all the packs to my son. The only ones I don't have are 2 of the ninjago 2 Chima and 3 Lotr partly because my son is not familiar with those brands too well.

Really tempted to get them while there $6 with gcu but idk.
Cragger is supposed to be useful. Eris... has an annoying voice. But she does fly, which makes her a little more useful than Laval.

Zane and Nya are fun to run around the game with. Zane is one of my favorites to use, and Nya the missus'. I assume Jay is the same.

Still debating if i should cancel my funpack preorders on amazon in hopes that bestbuy will sell them for 7.49 on the 19th.... Ugh... Wish we knew for sure

Cragger is supposed to be useful. Eris... has an annoying voice. But she does fly, which makes her a little more useful than Laval.

Zane and Nya are fun to run around the game with. Zane is one of my favorites to use, and Nya the missus'. I assume Jay is the same.
Cragger is unbelievably slow but I think he's the only guy who comes with a boat in it's original form. I haven't needed to use it but frankly we've just done basic exploration in most of the worlds.

Between the solid sales and the overall quality of this game I'm probably gonna collect everything. Now I have kids (5 and 7) that play pretty regularly but I love the main campaign myself. I can't believe I'm saying it but I'd probably put this game at number 3 behing MGS5 and Witcher for my games of the year.

Between the solid sales and the overall quality of this game I'm probably gonna collect everything. Now I have kids (5 and 7) that play pretty regularly but I love the main campaign myself. I can't believe I'm saying it but I'd probably put this game at number 3 behing MGS5 and Witcher for my games of the year.
I'm on the other camp. I did end up buying all of Wave 1 cause of all the sales, but the bugs and horrible puzzles make it less fun. I can't finish the Doctor Who level, despite trying several times.

Really? I just beat that level the other day, what was glitchy in your game?
First time, couldn't move the Dalek cannon to break the force field so we got stuck. Second time, the characters we need would get stuck and unable to move (cept jump) with no animation. Third time, one of the characters was stuck swimming in the ground, unable to do anything other than move and jump. We finished all the other expansions after that, and haven't gone back to DW. There's actually a lot of complaints about bugs in the DW level.

Edit: I have the video of the third one, at minimum. It was at least amusing.

First time, couldn't move the Dalek cannon to break the force field so we got stuck. Second time, the characters we need would get stuck and unable to move (cept jump) with no animation. Third time, one of the characters was stuck swimming in the ground, unable to do anything other than move and jump. We finished all the other expansions after that, and haven't gone back to DW. There's actually a lot of complaints about bugs in the DW level.
Ug, that really sucks.

Wow the $6 with GCU Fun Packs in-store is the real deal! Any parent knows that $6 gets you the crappiest, tiniest Lego with 46pcs for your kid. But these at that price have me thinking about picking up all the ones I don't have.

Wow the $6 with GCU Fun Packs in-store is the real deal! Any parent knows that $6 gets you the crappiest, tiniest Lego with 46pcs for your kid. But these at that price have me thinking about picking up all the ones I don't have.
I bought all 17 Best Buy offers as we only had level and team packs. They will be given to my son slowly as rewards for behavior and jobs/chores well done over a period of time. $6 is a bargain.

Edit: I have the video of the third one, at minimum. It was at least amusing.
This is definitely the most glitchy lego game we've played. My kids didn't know what a system crash was before we played it. The wii U version has crashed the wii u 4 or 5 times in the week we've had it (and I updated it completely before we started playing). Tonight the kids paused it for dinner and went back and it was all locked up. And they've played other games for hours at a time this week. It's only Lego Deminsions that locks up. We haven't even gotten beyond the base game yet! (we've added no level sets, just 3 character sets).

This whole thing is just way too expensive for how much game you get and it's unbelievably glitch. It has some good ideas but I think they started out too big. Rather than planning out all these extra waves, they should have had half the sets/worlds and fleshed it out better.

So uh... the Joker/Harley set isn't out yet...? We found one at Target 2 weeks ago... and they sold it to us. o_O 

Waiting on Amazon to ship all of my 2.49 preorders now.

I haven't played Dimensions or some of the later Lego games yet (i.e. the ones that released on both current and previous gen consoles) but I've played almost all of the ones that were released solely in the PS2 and PS3 era and they get slightly glitchier and glitchier with each release starting with the later PS3 ones.  It probably has something to do the rate at which they're coming out with games now.  The older ones were really polished and smooth.

20% off Just came off my Dimensions pre-order for the new prime savings!! So it has come down to $54.38 after tax for the following:

Doc Brown
Ghostbusters Level Pack
Slimer
Stay Puft
Aquaman
Midway Arcade Level Pack

Amazing stuff

My Wave 4 and Wave 5 have been adjusted to a total of $52.94 before tax from Amazon. It can only get lower from here.

This includes:
Midway Level Pack $14
Superman $4
Slimer $7
Lloyd $7
Bane $7
Stay Puft $7
Aquaman $7

So far the only things that has gone down for me are.

Midway Lv Pack

Item(s) Subtotal: $29.99

Shipping & Handling: $0.00

$10 off Promotion: -$10.00

Prime Savings: -$6.00

Total before tax: $13.99

Estimated tax to be collected: $0.84

Grand Total: $14.83

Stay Puft - $7.41

Slimmer - $7.41

It appears my GB Level Pack hasn't adjusted yet. :(

Looks like all the fun packs coming out this week dropped to $7.50 at Best Buy.
The 20% off doesn't appear to have reflected on my $7.49 orders at Amazon so I cancelled and went with Best Buy. Perhaps it would have adjusted at shipping but I didn't want to take the chance. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up - I also cancelled my Amazon orders and re-ordered at Best Buy.  I knew this 20% off would apply inconsistently at Amazon and be a big hassle.  Even though I have credit there, I'd rather just get them from Best Buy than have to deal with an awkward chat to get the credit for the 20% back from Amazon.

Cool, I canceled my Wu, Doc Brown, and Cyberman Amz orders, too. Gimme those sweet $6 packs, BB.

Are y'all actually able to order them from BB without incurring shipping costs? I can't. I'll try store pickup on the 19th.

Target has a Cartwheel deal for 50% off fun packs. So those of you that are lucky enough to get PM plus Cartwheel can match BB and get half off that, bringing them down to 3.75.

Mine was supposed to get here today. Eveything delayed till tomorrow.

Also, some people on Reddit have said that their complete Wave 3 orders have adjusted to around ~$22 dollars. If you are inclined, chat with Amazon to see if you get a discount. *
*Prime members only

Amazon delayed my Doc Brown shipment until next week. Everything else from this wave shipped though...
Amazon delayed my Cyberman until next month. Joker and Harley was shipped and is out for delivery. No word on the Ghostbusters Level pack yet. I'm hoping it still comes in today. I was looking forward to playing it after work.

Edit: Ghosterbusters delayed until February 1. Ugh

As of right now, the DC Comics Team Pack is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, January 21st and the Ghostbusters Level Pack is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, January 26th for me. Amazon's shipping has been pretty awful the last few months, but hopefully both arrive either on time or earlier than it currently says.

Also, I never got a 20% discount on either the DC Comics Team Pack or the Ghostbusters Level Pack, so I was wondering, has anyone contacted them about it and actually had 20% taken off? Don't know if it would go well considering they are already so cheap, haha.

They only take off the 20% if you paid full price from what i understand.
Hmm, strange that I got the 20% off (Prime Savings) discount on all of the other pre-orders I placed (Midway Arcade Level Pack, Superman Fun Pack, etc.), despite also getting the either $5 off Fun Packs or $10 off Level Packs discount as well. Maybe the 20% wasn't supposed to come off of those though, so I can't complain.

Hmm, strange that I got the 20% off (Prime Savings) discount on all of the other pre-orders I placed (Midway Arcade Level Pack, Superman Fun Pack, etc.), despite also getting the either $5 off Fun Packs or $10 off Level Packs discount as well. Maybe the 20% wasn't supposed to come off of those though, so I can't complain.
Well they dont count those discounts. I got the 20% off on midway too, but thats because the original price is still 29.99.

But lets take my ghostbusters for example. That was "pricematched" at 22.49 at one point so i never got the 20% off.

$10 promos all stayed in my case.

Surprised everyone is having such a hard time with Amazon getting them their stuff today. I have the 3 fun packs and the team pack out for delivery today, and Amazon rarely gets things to me on time. Looking forward to the Cyberman and Dalek.

Derp I forgot that I have Prime again and to update the shipping speed on my pre-orders that are now preparing for shipping and will take a week to get here instead. :p

Target has a Cartwheel deal for 50% off fun packs. So those of you that are lucky enough to get PM plus Cartwheel can match BB and get half off that, bringing them down to 3.75.
wont work on the new fun packs that came out today, they are not part of the cartwheel deal for now, might work in a few days.

wont work on the new fun packs that came out today, they are not part of the cartwheel deal for now, might work in a few days.
Ah, I only found Sensei Wu and he didn't get the cartwheel discount for me too. I thought it was because I hit the daily limit.

Worked out in the end because I returned him and they credited me $15 instead of the price-matched $7.50 I paid...made the other three I got at $3.75 net to $1.25 each!

Are you able to get the price match at Target at the regular registers or do you have to go to customer service for the price matching? Also do you need a flyer from Best Buy / Gamestop or will loading up their website on a phone work?

Got a successful price match and Cartwheel last night and got Krusty (didn't have a Simpsons character yet), Wonder Woman (because she's WW and awesome), and Nya.  I thought we didn't have a Ninjago character yet but I forgot about the $2.50 pre-order on Wu.  I guess I'll keep her still because she's cheap.  Tempted to try and get more but we have a character from each set now and there's not any others I feel the need to get because they're that overwhelmingly awesome and I think we have almost all the current powers covered.

bread's done
Back